October 2, 2014 | 1354 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a FANTASTIC foundation for the oily skinned among us. I have used countless (and I mean countless) foundations and with most of them I have oil breakthrough within hours. I can wear this foundation ALL DAY without an oily, greasy breakthrough. I just touch up once during the day and I'm good to go.

I kept checking my face in the mirror at work today because I am so used to powdering myself down. I was kind of amazed that it has held up all day.
    I love this stuff!!! It gives medium to full coverage. I need just a tiny bit of concealer under my eyes and I'm done.

I really wish this were a drugstore foundation. I really hate having to go to the mall to purchase this. I guess I should just buy it online at Nordstrom or Bloomingdales when I run out. I usually hate to buy high end makeup because I always feel there is little difference in most makeup and almost all high end makeup can be duped at the drugstore. So far, I have not found a dupe for this. Revlon Colorstay and Almay TLC are the closest however.

I will buy this again and again and again as long as I remain an oily skinned vixen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

This foundation is a major Holy Grail product for me. I've had it for quite some time, and it changed my foundation rotuine for the better. I have never been able to find a foundation that makes my skin look perfect in just a few minutes, but this foundation does :) I apply a thin layer of this, and use MAC's Studio Finish concealer where I need to, set with powder- and I'm good to go. I use to spend a good 30 minutes on my face before because I didn't have the correct products. Many foundations where watery, and would smudge and not cover. Incorporating some great concealers, and of course this beauty I can now have my face makeup done in about 15 minutes (This includes blending powder, highlight, contour, & blush) ....The shade 'Ecru' is a spot on match for my skin. After application, this does dry nicely to pro-long the mattifying, and all day lasting effect. I do use Kryolan's Anti-Shine powder (which IMO, is what keeps my skin matte all day) but this foundation totally helps. I am so happy I found this product, and I had it for awhile before learning how to use it properly and with my concealer. I highly suggest this to anybody, whether you love a natural, or dramatic look (like I do :P) ..... This will make your skin look Barbie like, minus the cakey factor- my powders work so well with this foundation. For reference my favorite powders are: MAC Studio Fix, Maybelline Dream Matte, MAC Blot Powder, Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder and Physicians Formula Talc-Free Mineral powder. These all work great in conjunction with this product. Love it <3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ShanSprite

I recently bought this. The US price was $34.00 but with conversion, I paid $26 for it. I got this in the shade Sand.

I really love this foundation, it works well with my skin and I have oily skin/acne prone. I'd highly recommend girls with oily skin to get this foundation. The colour selection is great and it's more yellow based.

Yeah, it takes a while to blend but it's worth it. I also got the foundation brush for free with this pruchase and I must say, they work perfect together! Before I apply this though, I use my Clinique Pore Solution and then Nars pro primer. I can't tell you how much I love that the spf count is 10. I can use protection with my primer when I know I would be exposed to the sun and if I'm not, I can just use the foundation by itself. It's worth it if you'd rather stick to a few foundation rather than a lot (drugstore) for sure. I gave it a 4 because it has no pump. I don't like having to pour it out and it can messy easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by AleksandraLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I discovered this foundation about two years ago and completely fell in love with it. Over the last twelve years that I’ve been wearing make-up, I have tried an insane amount of different foundations. I have combination skin and in my teen years I struggled with acne. I still get break-outs but not to the same degree as before. This foundation (for me) beats all the rest because it is long-lasting, doesn’t clog my pores or cause acne, glides on smoothly and leaves a lovely semi-matte finish. I swear by it and I continue to try different foundations simply to prove that this one really is the best. Doing this may not be the smartest idea or beneficial to my wallet but it gives me pleasure in knowing that Double Wear will never fail me. The only little issue I have is the packaging - hard to get the product out when it's nearing the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very oily skin, especially in the t-zone, and all foundations I have tried in the past melted off my face after a few hours. But when I read so many great reviews of this I finally decided to buy it, I have been looking for a long time for a foundation that matches my oily shiny skin.

The price is a little too expensive, but you get what you pay for obviously. I got a sample when I bought it so I could try it before deciding to keep it. And I was blown away! Never have my face looked so flawless. All my big pores, acne scars, dark circles and blotches disappeared and my face stayed matte all day long. I am very happy with this. The coverage is high so I don't have to worry about how I look during the day. I know it looks great all day and I'm very satisfied.

Apply this fairly quickly or it will dry, using a brush or fingers, I use a brush. Don't use it if you have very dry skin. Moisturize your face well before applying. I also apply a blothing powder from Swedish brand Make Up Store in the t-zone after the foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by hannah275

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for years, overall it is a good product that I have gone back to time and time again.
    Positives: good coverage for covering blemishes, good range of colours, doesn't oxidise too much, blendable, doesn't dry too quickly, spf, good for sensitive skin
    Negatives: would be better with a pump, rarely lasts all day on my oily skin, can feel heavy and look cakey at times
    But overall there is a reason that I keep going back to it, it is a really good coverage, making my skin look initially flawless. After 2-3 hours the oil starts to come through, even when wearing oil absorbing powder. This can be tamed with more powder touch ups throughout the day.
    Basically, good for coverage, not so good for lasting all day on oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by baronesserl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This my HG foundation. It's matte, it has got really good coverage and it does not get shiney or cakey. Makes my skin look absolutely flawless and 'elegant'. Stays put all day even when it's extremely hot and/or damp.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been a loyal user of Estee Lauder Double Wear for 3 years now. I try other foundations but I tend to keep coming back to this one. This foundation provides full, flawless coverage. It is great for people with acne prone or oily skin as it doesn’t become shiny, even after hours at the gym. The product goes a long way. I only need a new one every six months and I wear make-up every day. I do still use a concealer and a powder to set, of you already have pretty good skin you probably wouldn’t need to. Their colour selection is good and the Estee Lauder ladies are normally really helpful. They even give you a generous tube to trial! I would definitely recommend this for a full flawless coverage!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by kristy1077

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I felt compelled to write a review for Double Wear as I have finally found a foundation that is perfect for me. After years of searching and trying many many brands I am happy to say my search is over for my HG foundation.
    I went to David Jones to get colour matched to ensure I got the right colour for my skin. The coverage is medium but you can add another coat to have fuller coverage. My skin looks so clear and fresh with double wear and looks just as good outside as inside. I purchased the double wear power as well which I love as well.
    I paid $68 at David Jones but now i know my colour I can get it cheaper online. Still worth the $68 though. Its roughly only $10 more expensive than Napoleon Perdis (which in my opinion is the most overated make up) and completley worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by OfficialMS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My mom use this foundation since 3/4 years.. I run out of my foundation so I was sneaky using her foundation haha. The only bummer is that it doesn't have a pump.. It's very a very covering foundation, sometimes too heavy but you must like it actually.
    The best foundation for full coverage and the best of all after using this you don't have to use any concealer because of the great coverage this foundation gives you!

Highly recommend, I would buy this over and over again.