April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 3:52:00 AM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried tons and tons of acne/skincare products for my face from dirt cheap to embarrassingly expensive. I don't have bad acne, but I have a ton of bumps under the surface of my skin around my chin and break out occasionally around the tops of my cheeks and around my nose as a result of makeup. This product is really the best thing I have found that works in a couple of amazing ways. It's a great creamy everyday cleanser, but what I really love most about it is that it works as a deep cleaning mask when you leave it on for a few minutes and having one product that doubles as both also saves you $$$. After I use this stuff I can really feel how clean my skin is and it is so so soft. If you're one of those people that isn't really into fancy skincare products and don't want to spend a ton of time dealing with step after step of other products (like me) but still want awesome results, this stuff is definitely what you'll want to pick up!

*As a note, if you're going to use this stuff always wipe the opening of the bottle off with a tissue or something after you use it because it hardens when it dries which can clog up the bottle and make it seriously frustrating to get any product out after a while.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this product as a present and to my surprise, I actually really like this product. As a cleanser, it really cleans my skin well and it leaves a tingling sensation behind which I really like. As a mask, i feel it really does treat my oily skin and draws out impurities. I just really like the tingling sensation it leaves behind. After using this, I noticed that it really helps with acne and best of all, it controls the oiliness of my face. After masking with this, the next few days my face feels super clean and oil-free. I usually need to use blotting papers during the day but after using this, my blotting paper has been sitting at the bottom of my drawer.

The price of this thing is truly dirt cheap for such an amazing product. The packaging is practical. I mean, it's not anything fancy or cute but it's practical.

Overall an amazing product and definitely worth trying. If you have oily skin or acne-pron skin you really should check this one out. I helped my oily skin and treated my breakouts. Will repurchase and really love this stuff. This is also perfect for traveling since all you need is one bottle for both cleansing and masking!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I freaking love this cleanser. Neutrogena cleansers have never worked for me before, but this one is a gem. One of the main ingredients is bentonite clay which is really good for drawing out impurities (just google "bentonite clay acne"). I use this twice a day. Rinse face with warm water. Dry hands. Apply even layer all over face. Brush my teeth. Wash cleanser off. The time it takes to brush my teeth is just enough time for the cleanser to get in there and do its thang. I've never left it on much longer than that..the instructions say to leave on "up to 5 minutes" so I assume a couple minutes is sufficient. Leaves behind a cool minty skin feeling without drying out my reactive, acne-prone skin. Love love love this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by NadiaV

My face became really acne prone after a week of taking Provera. I had 7 pimples on my face within 3 days and I've never had more than 2 at once (and that only happened a week before my period). My grandmother got me ProActiv and that made me breakout worse. After seeing a video in YouTube about this product I decided to give it a try with Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Gel. I used the cleanser two times a day and twice a week I used it as a mask. Within a week my face was visibly smoother, the breakouts I had were almost gone and the new ones that appeared while using this were smaller and healed faster. The mask is amazing. I use it when my face gets really oily. It is a bit drying but if you're using a good moisturizer after this its quite manageable. I'm already on my second bottle. Now that my face has cleared up I'm using a scrub in the morning to get rid of the scars and this cleanser in the morning. I clearly recommend this to people with acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ohsewdizzy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this for the morning, This is not for sensitive skin... i have older skin(52yrs old) and it works very will for me. my 30 yr old daughter and 31 yr old son tried.. they have sensitive skin, and they broke out, and had spots. Me, i will continue to use and love! i have skin i can only describe as hide of the dreaded nauga!! (naugahide? get it?? hehehehe)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by KmBbrinkley

I purchased this after reading the good reviews on MUA, and I definitely don't regret it! I use it as a mask about twice a week, (sometimes more, if my skin feels super gross and oily) and I've noticed fewer clogged pores. I didn't have the dramatic blackhead removal as some did, but I'm hoping that with more regular use, the blackheads will go away as well. Will repurchase as long as it's around!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by parislovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I have pretty mild acne but I still suffer from small papsules which are so annoying. This keeps it under control. I only use it as a mask which I leave on for overnight.

I stopped using this for about a week and I noticed my skin wasn't as smooth and clear...so happy I'm using it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by priscillawong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product more as a mask than as a cleanser. Also, I only apply it to my T-zone because that's the most oily part of my face. This product cleans up very well; my blackheads are lighter (but not entirely gone) and I love the tingly feeling this gives me while I leave it on. I only use this product at night before I sleep because it leaves my face very red, but only for a few hours. It's very strong and I think it strips away too much oil, so I need to moisturize right after I use this. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not exactly sure why all skin care companies are making all their cleansers with salicylic acid now a days, but SA does not work on my acne as well as benzoyl peroxide. This was the only BP cleanser I saw at Target so I grabbed it. I wanted a BP cleanser because my whole face is covered with pimples yet again and I figured using a BP cleanser would be more convenient than using spot treatments. Also I think a BP cleanser is a bit less harsh since the full amount of BP on my skin would only be for a few seconds rather than hours. This cleanser/mask has 3.5% BP. I've been using this for about 2 weeks or so and my pizza face is starting to heal once again. I can finally eat without pain. I only use this at night so the effect of the BP can help my acne heal better while i sleep (our body does the best healing when we sleep). I use this as a mask once or twice a week. I also love that I can use this as a mask too. Great that it has koalin clay and bentonite, which helps absorb and bring out impurities in the skin. Only bad thing that I hate about using BP products is that it bleaches fabrics. Overall, I love this product and I'm happy to see that many other people feel the same way. So far it's working great on me. Now.... if only I can stop picking and touching my face because I think that's the root cause of my huge breakouts. sigh....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Awww, based on the great reviews I had such high hopes for this, but alas, it didn't work for me AT ALL.
right after using it my pores looked a little cleaner, but that didn't last but for an hour. Every time I used this, an hour later, my face was SO greasy, it was shining, and my face NEVER gets greasy like that. it triggered over production of oil, I guess b/c the benzyl peroxide over dries my skin? so, due to the incredible greasiness my blackheads got WORSE!

and the worst part: it broke blood vessels on my face! I had these strange red marks for several days. this stuff went in the trash.

I've tried at least 6 neutrogena cleansers/products and none work at all, so I'm steering clear from now on of this brand.. :-(