Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Purified Water, PEG-4, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Panthenol, Glyereth-26, Sodium PCA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

on 2/1/2008 5:24:00 PM

It removes dirt and oils that are still on your skin after cleansing, you can feel it working too.

I like it. =]

on 1/29/2008 1:41:00 PM

Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner was disappointing and I wish I'd researched more before purchasing this item. This is a very basic toner and probably would be ok for certain people (depending on skin type).

-What I liked: Relatively cheap price for a basic toner and it's alcohol-free.

-What I didn't like: I have a combination skin type but this left my skin stripped of all moisture. My skin is more sensitive than I thought so this product ended up giving me a few bumps along my jaw line and cheeks, and I even had a mild break out while using this product. I also prefer no fragrance in any of my skincare products unless it is from natural ingredients. All in all, I probably wouldn't purchase this again.
***UPDATE***I decided to give this one last shot, but the results were still horrible. I just switched over to a new toner and my skin has been in a much better condition. I think my skin may be allergic to their fragrance. If you sensitive skin, especially towards fragrance-based products, steer clear of this one.

on 1/22/2008 11:05:00 PM

im looking for alcohol free toner as i've dry skin. ppl in the forums recomend this. i dont really fancy it as it leaves my face sticky after using. still searching for my HG

This is a good, basic toner. It is non-drying to the skin, doesn't cause bad breakouts, and cleans up make-up that cleanser doesn't.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have sensitive combo skin that can be more oily or more dry depending on the season. I've used a lot of toners including clinique #2, clinique extra mild, mario badescu cucumber etc and I like this one the best. It doesn't sting at all which is what I wanted. I don't expect any miracles out of my toner, I just need it to clean up any residue from my cleanser, not sting and not break me out and this does it's job.

on 12/13/2007 3:07:00 PM

I used this first on my forehead before trying it on my entire face.

I found the fragrance so overwhelming that I discontinued use for fear of some kind of allergy. I really like the idea of an alcohol-free toner, but the fragrance doesn´t shout "Clean face!", just perfumed skin.

on 12/3/2007 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like it because I need to use a toner and this one is alcohol free...so it doesn't sting or irritate my skin when I use it. The best one I've found so far but I'm open to trying different toners still...

on 11/7/2007 2:18:00 PM

I usually do not use toner as I have very sensitive combination skin. Usually toner over processes my skin and causes more oil or it will irritate my skin. This toner does neither -- it simply removes more residue and leaves my skin clean.

on 10/8/2007 11:35:00 AM

Very gentle, never leaves my skin feeling tight or dry. Seems to remove the little extras that my cleanser does not.

on 10/5/2007 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got a small sample amount in a makeup pack from an auction site. It didn't agree with me, it seemed like highly fragranced water and stung my skin. When it dried, my skin looked and felt uncomfortabley stretched and shiny like I was wearing a tightening & drying mask, even though I have oily skin and don't usually have that problem.
Nice to try but not for me.