November 28, 2014 | 1727 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2007 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Sweet_and_Tarty

I have oily tzones and during the summer time it gets really bad. Anyway, I really wanted this to work, but sadly it broke me out. Nowhere does it state it's a non-comedogenic so yea, my face was pretty bad. It clogged my pores causing huge, nasty acne. As soon as I stopped using this my face was back to normal. Maybe because during the summer time the heat heats up my face, like steam, opening my pores. I just gave this to my sister who has dry skin, so we'll see if it works for her or not, til then I'm off in search of the perfect alcohol free toner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on the advice of the reviews here. I also had the same experience as some of the others-by the time I got home some of it had spilled inside of my shopping bag. So onto my review-I really like how fresh it makes my skin feel. I use it after my evening shower and I don't need moisturizer this is enough for me but it does tend to dry a bit sticky on me. I also realized that it was an all too familiar product and then it hit me-it totally reminds me of a very expensive Shiseido toner that I stopped using a while ago because it just got too pricey. The way it smells and the way it goes on is almost exactly like Shiseido's very expensive one. I would recommend it especially becasue it is reasonably priced and it makes for a fresh feeling face. I do have to advise though it does tend to be a tiny bit sticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this toner! I bought it last week after having used Olay's Refreshing Toner for a few years. I got tired of my face feeling so tight after using it and having to slap moisturizer on my face immediately. The Olay has alcohol in it. This doesn't and my face feels really fresh after I wash my face. I also like the light scent. The bottle is quite large for the price and once you snap off the top, there is a hole there if you want to limit the amount or you can just unscrew the top (like I do). Yes, I will buy again...very nice! May try the Nivea brand too...get's good reviews here.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2007 5:04:00 AM More reviews by nettle1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product makes my skin peels, honestly I dont have much faith in Neutrogena’s products, there was a time I use its deep clean cleaner and accidentally got into my eye, it took nearly a good whole 10 minutes to ease the pain even I kept using water to rise my eye.

The reason I bought this because its alcohol-free, it sounds good, but its no good to my skin, and I am totally not a sensitive skin person.

I will not buy Neutrogena ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2007 11:57:00 PM More reviews by kuongkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product a long time ago and it were the only one I could have used since it is the rare alcohol free toner (the alcohol ones "burn" on my face). I now am trying the H20 marine toner which is the next alcohol free toner I found, and despite from the price (H2O is a lot more expensive compare to Neutrogena), the Neutrogena one and the H2O one feels the same to me.

I would recommend this toner to anyone like me who rather not use toner if there's alcohol in there and believe that it's not always the more expensive the better - this toner is cheap and it works well!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 5:52:00 AM More reviews by xpinkcouturex

i love this toner, does not irritate my skin, does good job taking off dirt and makeup from what my cleanser couldn't do!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by rheaflea

This is a very good toner. I have been using it for several years. Although I have tried other more expensive toners, I always went back to this one. It hydrates, feels light on my face, and leaves no residue. Overall it is a very gentle product. My face always feels refreshed after I use it. A little goes a long way; just dab a bit on a little cotton ball and you're all set. I find that a bottle lasts me several months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this toner for years. I have acne-prone skin (highly--always working on a zit or another). I use this to wipe off excess makeup after using makeup remover. It continues to remove whatever is left behind, and leaves one's face soft and slightly moisturized to boot. It doesn't sting and is very refreshing, and won't dry your skin out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by rhimix

Great toner! Doesn't irritate my skin, does a good job, feels good, and has a refreshing smell to it. Amazing! I don't know if it's my HG toner yet - I still want to give the toner's by Almay, Burt's Bees and Clinique a whirl but if those don't work, at least I'll know I'll have something great to go back to :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by reinventyourself

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

L-O-V-E this stuff! I originally used the original version (containing alcohol) but switched to this version a few years ago. I use it morning and night and it's so great, never makes my skin feel dry or tight. It's really pricey though, at over $5 a bottle. I only gave the packaging a 3 out of 5, since at least twice, the cap wasn't snapped on properly and the toner spilled all over the place while I was on my way home from the store. I really wish Target or Walmart would come out with their own versions of this stuff!