Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Purified Water, PEG-4, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Panthenol, Glyereth-26, Sodium PCA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

This is a good, basic toner. It is non-drying to the skin, doesn't cause bad breakouts, and cleans up make-up that cleanser doesn't.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have sensitive combo skin that can be more oily or more dry depending on the season. I've used a lot of toners including clinique #2, clinique extra mild, mario badescu cucumber etc and I like this one the best. It doesn't sting at all which is what I wanted. I don't expect any miracles out of my toner, I just need it to clean up any residue from my cleanser, not sting and not break me out and this does it's job.

on 12/13/2007 3:07:00 PM

I used this first on my forehead before trying it on my entire face.

I found the fragrance so overwhelming that I discontinued use for fear of some kind of allergy. I really like the idea of an alcohol-free toner, but the fragrance doesn´t shout "Clean face!", just perfumed skin.

on 12/3/2007 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like it because I need to use a toner and this one is alcohol free...so it doesn't sting or irritate my skin when I use it. The best one I've found so far but I'm open to trying different toners still...

on 11/7/2007 2:18:00 PM

I usually do not use toner as I have very sensitive combination skin. Usually toner over processes my skin and causes more oil or it will irritate my skin. This toner does neither -- it simply removes more residue and leaves my skin clean.

on 10/8/2007 11:35:00 AM

Very gentle, never leaves my skin feeling tight or dry. Seems to remove the little extras that my cleanser does not.

on 10/5/2007 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got a small sample amount in a makeup pack from an auction site. It didn't agree with me, it seemed like highly fragranced water and stung my skin. When it dried, my skin looked and felt uncomfortabley stretched and shiny like I was wearing a tightening & drying mask, even though I have oily skin and don't usually have that problem.
Nice to try but not for me.

on 9/10/2007 9:36:00 PM

I like this toner. I have pretty normal skin, maybe a little on the oily side, and it works really well. It doesn't dry me out or cause breakouts.
If you have skin that is pretty well under control and doesn't need a really strong toner, I recommend this!

on 9/7/2007 3:31:00 AM

Nothing special. It is gentle but with no hydrating effect. All it does might be some additional cleaning which is not necessary

on 9/1/2007 10:00:00 PM

I don't love this toner. It just seems a bit filmy to me. It doesn't have a gross smell, which is nice. It isn't horrible overall, but I am not wowed by it. I will use up the bottle I have, but I plan on going back to L'Oreal Hydrafresh toner once this is gone.