August 30, 2014 | 1695 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this toner! I bought it last week after having used Olay's Refreshing Toner for a few years. I got tired of my face feeling so tight after using it and having to slap moisturizer on my face immediately. The Olay has alcohol in it. This doesn't and my face feels really fresh after I wash my face. I also like the light scent. The bottle is quite large for the price and once you snap off the top, there is a hole there if you want to limit the amount or you can just unscrew the top (like I do). Yes, I will buy again...very nice! May try the Nivea brand too...get's good reviews here.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2007 5:04:00 AM More reviews by nettle1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product makes my skin peels, honestly I dont have much faith in Neutrogena’s products, there was a time I use its deep clean cleaner and accidentally got into my eye, it took nearly a good whole 10 minutes to ease the pain even I kept using water to rise my eye.

The reason I bought this because its alcohol-free, it sounds good, but its no good to my skin, and I am totally not a sensitive skin person.

I will not buy Neutrogena ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2007 11:57:00 PM More reviews by kuongkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product a long time ago and it were the only one I could have used since it is the rare alcohol free toner (the alcohol ones "burn" on my face). I now am trying the H20 marine toner which is the next alcohol free toner I found, and despite from the price (H2O is a lot more expensive compare to Neutrogena), the Neutrogena one and the H2O one feels the same to me.

I would recommend this toner to anyone like me who rather not use toner if there's alcohol in there and believe that it's not always the more expensive the better - this toner is cheap and it works well!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 5:52:00 AM More reviews by xpinkcouturex

i love this toner, does not irritate my skin, does good job taking off dirt and makeup from what my cleanser couldn't do!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by rheaflea

This is a very good toner. I have been using it for several years. Although I have tried other more expensive toners, I always went back to this one. It hydrates, feels light on my face, and leaves no residue. Overall it is a very gentle product. My face always feels refreshed after I use it. A little goes a long way; just dab a bit on a little cotton ball and you're all set. I find that a bottle lasts me several months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this toner for years. I have acne-prone skin (highly--always working on a zit or another). I use this to wipe off excess makeup after using makeup remover. It continues to remove whatever is left behind, and leaves one's face soft and slightly moisturized to boot. It doesn't sting and is very refreshing, and won't dry your skin out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by rhimix

Great toner! Doesn't irritate my skin, does a good job, feels good, and has a refreshing smell to it. Amazing! I don't know if it's my HG toner yet - I still want to give the toner's by Almay, Burt's Bees and Clinique a whirl but if those don't work, at least I'll know I'll have something great to go back to :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by reinventyourself

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

L-O-V-E this stuff! I originally used the original version (containing alcohol) but switched to this version a few years ago. I use it morning and night and it's so great, never makes my skin feel dry or tight. It's really pricey though, at over $5 a bottle. I only gave the packaging a 3 out of 5, since at least twice, the cap wasn't snapped on properly and the toner spilled all over the place while I was on my way home from the store. I really wish Target or Walmart would come out with their own versions of this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by missmarkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a recommendation for this product on the skincare board because I was looking for an inexpensive toner that was suitable for dry skin. I liked Chanel's Activateur Hydration, but for the price, I didn't want to have to keep repurchasing it. I've been using this product for about a week and a half and I'm really happy with it! I use it after washing my face to remove any dirt or impurities that my cleanser didn't catch or just by itself to freshen up my skin. It's a great toner for the price because it doesn't sting and it isn't drying at all on my dry skin. I find that sometimes when I'm in a rush, I can even go without moisturizer afterwards. I'm very happy with this product and would definitely repurchase. You can't beat it for $6-7 a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by cuteboringlove

I have used nothing but alcohol toners off and on over the years and I noticed that they always left my skin red and blotchy. They removed excess makeup fine, but weren't soothing at all. Fast forward to last week. My brother moved back home and being the metrosexual he is, he has ALOT of products under his cabinet. I saw this one and was excited to try it out that night. well, I LOVED it. It has a light, pleasant scent, a soothing feel, and it doesn't leave my skin dry, cracked, or red. I use it morning and night now to remove extra dirt and just refresh my skin. It's now part of my regime. On their website it stays that it's oil free, which, I really hope it is because enough time hasn't passed yet for me to guage if it causes break outs or not. I really doubt it could though as it's supposed to remove breakout causing junk. I don't see myself ever going back to another alcohol based toner again. In fact, I used to use very strong acne medications on my face, thinking I had mild acne when really I just have a minor blackhead problem and these harsh products I was using seemed to only maginify and add other problems to my face. So I decided to simplify my skin care. Now I only use Clean & Clear Deep action cream cleanser, THIS TONER, Queen Helene Masque (every few days or as spot treatment), and Clean and Clear Dual action moisturizer in the morning. Let me tell you, my skin hasn't been this calm, clear, and soothed in so long. It almost has a glow to it. When I wake up in the morning, I get a sense of relief and happiness knowing that my makeup is only going to enhance my face and not cover it up. I'm not saying that you shouldn't use products accordingly, as some people can handle and may even need harsher products, but I am recommending, if you have skin problems, that you reevaluate your regime. Sometimes gentler and simpler is in fact better. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me. Oh, and the reason I took off one lippie is because this toner does take a few minutes to dry and some might say it leaves a sticky film. I don't find anything of annoyance to me and afterwards I don't even have to put moisturizer on because it balances my skin so well. So, for the record, yes I will purchase this product again. :)