October 1, 2014 | 1912 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am loving this soap so much!! Short backstory to how I became aware of this little gem, I was with my sisnlaw one day and noticed how soft and supple her face looked, I even reached out and touched it, lol, but anyway I asked her what she was using, and she told me Dove!! I was like no way!! I ran out that night and bought me some and wow!! Never looked back. It cleans and does not dry out, my favorite thing about it which came as a surprise and made me love it even more was that it washed off my mascara!! Yes!! Not even my face wash would do that! This is now HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieloveslipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best soap ever. Great for my face and body. The dermatologist I work for would not recommend anything else. Neither would I.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by loislancater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have read hundreads of reviews on here and this is the my first time writing a review because i am passionate about this product! I used this as wash on my face for years and it always worked for me. All the while i was fine with my skin, it was clear aside from the odd pimple id get between my eyes, but i never blamed that on dove, that was just my face lol. About four months ago, i wanted to treat some little bumps i was getting on my cheeks, i think they were due to some mild keraosis pilaris on my face ( i have it on other parts of my body) i also thought it was time to treat myself to a more expensive cleanser. so i started trying all these more expensive skin care prducts (liz earle c&p, elizabeth arden) and i also tryed using olive oil as a moisturizer thinking it would be all holistic and natural. Needless to say my skin went crazy! i broke out in huge pimples all over my face. So then i started buying stuff to treat acne! well that just irritated my skin even more! now im back to my dove soap and it feels great, im left with a few dark marks on my cheeks that will fade soon and some bumps/acne on my forehead still. im hoping that i have not done any perm damage and that with continued use of the dove soap my face will go back to normal. if i can give any advice it would be stick to what you know and the less products you try the happier your skin will be :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I used this many years ago and still do now from time-to-time. It really does make my skin feel softer and I know it contains the 1/4 moisturizing cream claim because it is the only soap that hasn't left my skin feeling ''squeaky/waxy'' like after showering. I feel I need less lotion after as well. Smells very perfume-like, but also comes in an unscented version for those sensitive to smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by monicaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I give Dove Beauty Bar 5 stars because it is such a versatile product. Apart from use on the hands/body/face I think it makes a great makeup brush cleanser along with a bowl of warm water and a flannel. Especially for when the brushes need a deep, thorough clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Hollypolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

i am IN LOVE w/this soap. i have the classic white beauty bar as well as the shea butter nourishing beauty bar. i use the white beauty bar on my face in the morning and at night, it doesn't strip my face of moisture and leave my skin soft, supple, and glowing. i've been using it for 4 weeks now. i use the shea butter nourishing beauty bar on my body during showers and it has transformed the quality of my skin. i have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms and back of my thights. i used to be so embarrassed to wear shorts or show my legs at all. i have tried a multitude of scrubs, exfoliators, lotions, you name it! this little gem of a soap is the only thing that i am seeing results from. my kp is slowly but surely improving! in addition, my skin is softer and its overall appearance is healthier. not to mention the shea butter bar smells wonderful and makes my bathroom smell great too! as a person who's been using bodywashes my whole life, I have to say I can't believe I haven't known about how wonderful dove beauty bars are till now. The price is also very affordable. I have normal to dry skin and I will never go anywhere w/o this gem ever again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is for the moisterising beauty bar. I used it to clean my face and it produces a nice lather and makes my skin feel nice and soft but for removing make up at night even though i washeed my face with it twice, there was still lots of make up left. After using it for a week twice a day I found my skin feeling a bit dry, so would recommend this once a day and defintely not to remove make up. I would not buy this again as it comes in a bar its not very hygenic and any other normal cleanser in a bottle does a much better job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's makes lots of creamy lather, it smells so good, and it's relatively moisturizing for a bar soap- I'm hooked! I use this all over in the shower, it's great to shave with, and I think I'm going to try it with my Clarisonic face brush next!
I wish there was a lotion that smelled just like the soap, I would buy stock in the company!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by AllyDennis

I need to express my utter JOY for finding this!!!!
I was reading up on CO washing my hair, and found out that the cheapest conditioner is best to use. So after purchasing about 10 bottles of $0.79 Alberto VO5, I decided that I wanted to not only simplify my hair routine, but cut down on my bathroom time in general. I literally spent about an hour in Walgreens looking around for a body wash that didn't have any harsh sulfates in it, and couldn't find ONE that was a reasonable price. So, I went to the bar soap area, and went looking through the Dove section. I have started breaking out on my body, so I decided I need a sensitive unscented version. LET ME TELL YOU, this bar soap is FANTASTIC. I lather it up on a washcloth, wash my body. Load it up on my Clarisonic Mia, and wash my face!
**THE POINT**
I have cystic acne all along my jawline and forehead. NOTHING has worked. NOTHING. Which means I have tried EVERYTHING. Upon first use, my face just felt good! My whole body and face just felt washed for the first time. I used to use Lever 2000 growing up, even on my face, and I never had breakouts through my teen years. Once I started meddling with acne products thinking, "If my face is kinda clear, maybe it will get even BETTER with Proactiv!!" WRONG. Since switching, my irritation has completely gone away, as well as my cystic acne on my jaw. Beautiful product. I use Seabreeze astringent at night, and a moisturizing toner in the morning. I tend to have oily skin, so I skip the moisturizer (which I have never tried, but it works for me now!) and my makeup even stays on longer now, with no sign or trace of flaky, irritated skin. I love this soap!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used Dove for years! I use this on my face (oily) and body (normal) in the shower and I've never had any skin issues. In fact, it has kept my skin balanced all year round! It's a great product and comes in great scents, or unscented for people with sensitivity. Will continue to repurchase!