Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 9/3/2011 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

No fancy gift baskets of soaps and body washes for me, thank you. This little product has been all that I've ever needed. It leaves my skin clean, soft and moisturized. It leaves no residue and my skin does not feel tight after use. The scent does not compete with any of my perfumes. My dry skin could not live without this. Oh, and yes, I've even used it on my face in a pinch. I bet I could use it on my face daily and be very happy with the results, but I'm just as loyal to my face wash as I am to this little gem. Dove Beauty Bar is the one product that I absolutely can't live without.

on 9/1/2011 2:25:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I cannot believe so many people find tis bar suitable as a face and body cleanser. I used this as a teenager when it first come out in my country (I was 13-14 years old) and it made my acne-prone skin at that time so much worse. I won't use it on my body, since I don't like Dove lotions anyway and I never wash my body with soap bars. I can only imagine repurchasing this as a hand soap. Although I don't even like it as a hand soap since it leaves nasty film on the palms of my hands. Brr

Dove soap will never let you down. Infact is not even soap, its a moisturizing bar (1/4 moisturizer) so it leaves dry and flakey skin smooth and non-irratated! It cleans your skin fabulous and even takes off the most stubborn make-up. On the other hand... The Dove company is destroying rain forests; seeking the moisturizing ingredient "palm oil", in turn leaving 3rd world countries in the dust. Besides the high quality, well trusted soap, people are dying and rainforests are being ravenged. Please buy in moderation.

on 8/31/2011 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

From the time I was about 12 until about my early 20's, the Dove white beauty bar was all that I used as a cleanser for my face and body. And I never had any issues with it (my skin was never dry or irritated or broken out) and I have sensitive skin. Then when I got into my 20's I started reading more about skin care and everyone seemed to advise against using bar soap- bar soap being more drying than creamier cleansers. So I rotated through so many other cleansers until I finally decided to come back to this. This is the one cleanser that consistently meets all of my criteria for a nice body cleanser- it smells nice, doesn't irritate my skin, makes me feel clean (but not dry). I don't usually use this on my face as I prefer to pamper my face a little more with a liquid cleanser but on occassional lazy days I will also wash my face with this. And when I go away on my vacation, the Dove bar is all I bring for both face and body (saves space and I don't have to worry about my face wash spilling). I'll be sticking with my good old-fashioned Dove for now. It works for me.

*UPDATE: I have been using the unscented version for sensitive skin these past few months and that one is a definite 5 stars!! It somehow leaves me feeling even cleaner and softer than the regular white bar.

on 8/26/2011 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My all time favorite soap. I love everything about it. The scent, the shape, the texture, the creaminess, the moisturizine capability. An all around perfect soap.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Haha i literally can not get enough of this!!!
I really love how they are all individual boxed.
I just bought a bulk pack of 48 for like $40 which i find pretty good, in Australia i think they like $5 for 2.
Anyway they make my skin feel soft and clean.
i think everyone should buy Dove Beauty Bars you will absolutely lovee it.

=)

on 8/13/2011 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The only bar soap (or any product, for that matter) that I use to wash my body.
My skin is extremely sensitive, as I have eczema, but this soap hasn't irritated it in the slightest. I also don't get that overly dry feeling I usually get from other soaps.
There's not really much more that I can say to sum up how much I love this soap. I have and will continue to use and recommend it.

Edit: While I was in Europe recently, I used this as a multipurpose product (face/body soap & for shaving). It did a fairly good job for my face and I didn't break out from it, and as far as shaving went, it did a decent job, but the hard water (literally mountain water, people!) made it hard for the soap to lather well enough to stay on my legs.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I went camping for 3 nights this summer and wanted to downsize my beauty products to fit nicely into a small bag. This was one of my staple products that I used every single day I was camping. I used it for both my face and my body.
I was wary at first too try it because I have acne-prone skin that is just beginning to clear up as I outgrow teenage acne. However, this soap really helped to cleanse my skin and leave in smooth, clean and acne-free. It didn't leave my skin feeling "squeaky" (which I HATE); it was also good because I didn't need to use a body lotion as it was moisturizing enough for the trip. Isn't not the best eye make-up remover but for light powder and blush it took it all off.
I still, of course, have most of the bar left and I plan to repurchase once my regular face wash and bar soap run out. I think this is a great multi-purpose product and it's dirt cheap. I got the white bar at Dollarama but you can buy value packs for seven or eight bucks.

on 8/13/2011 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is fast becoming a bathroom staple for me. Ooh it's a handy little bar of soap! I mainly use if for shaving as it works out sooo much cheaper than buying can after can of expensive shaving foam. It's also way gentler to the skin and less likely to irritate, at least in my experience. I love the smell, very familiar and comforting. When I wash all over with it, it leaves my skin clean, fresh and doesn't dry it out. I'll definitely continue to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this soap. I feel very clean after I use it yet I feel like I don't need any lotion after the shower. It's healthy on my entire body, face (no breakouts), and even hair (cleans scalp well, gets rid of grease, but I put a little bit of olive oil in my hair afterwards as a conditioner). I will buy again and use forever