July 23, 2014 | 1840 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by mohmlet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When my local drugstore had a 50% sale on their Rimmel products, I decided (based on MUA reviews) to try it.

At least I didn't pay full price?

It did a mediocre job of removing my eye makeup and stung my eyes while it was at it. I'll be sticking to jojoba oil from now on.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2007 3:40:00 AM More reviews by allausmle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you use makeup, this product is NOT for you. And I mean that. I don't know what this product is for? It is "gentle" enough when it comes to remove makeup, you might as well put water on your cotton ball with the same results, but at least you will not get the same stinging. This stuff STINGS! And DOESN'T remove makeup. I am amazed that some girls like this product. For $4 it is a rip off! Fill the bottle with tap water you will get the same results minus major stinging!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by gwen220

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to buy L'Oreal eye makeup remover (which is very good) but you just can't beat this price. And, as others have noted, the flip top with the small dispenser is fantastic. That being said, I rarely actually take my makeup OFF. I just like to clean up smudges after I sleep in it (I know, that's a cardinal sin and my mom still gets after me about it). I guess if you want to remove ALL your makeup it might take several swipes. But it's not the slightest bit greasy and I love the cheapness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by clamster

Cheap works well and the the opening fits a Q-tip perfectly! It is not greasy at all, feels like water but it works really well. Also I like how it comes out of a small opening that way it doesn't spill out everywhere. Doesn't irritate my eyes .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2007 3:40:00 AM More reviews by queenofdisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The packaging is awesome, the price is awesome and it does the job. I have been using this since the beginning of High School (about 7 years ago) and will continue to repurchase. I admit I recently tried 2-3 others (MAC, Avon, Mary Kay) and they didn't compare to Rimmel's.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by someiyoshino

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I've bought this multiple times and I will continue to buy it until they stop making it (I hope never). It removes even my waterproof mascara and eyeliner without being greasy or making my eyes blurry, and it's the consistency of water, so it rinses clean away. It may not always remove everything in one swipe, particularly if I'm wearing a lot of black eyeliner/mascara, but it still does a great job. I try to pick this up when drugstores are having Buy 1 Get 1 Free sales on Rimmel, but at the regular $4-5 per bottle, it's still fairly inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by medea358

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this stuff. The only eye make up remover I've bought that doesn't sting my eyes. It takes off all my eyeshadow, eyeliner, & mascara with no problem. Currently on my second bottle of the stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 8:38:00 AM More reviews by bingbing

Ew! Ow! Mine was a freebie with some offer. This stuff STINGS my eyes if/when it gets in and it doesn't do a good job of taking off my waterproof mascara. Waterproof makeup remover my a**.

Don't care what it smells like. This stuff is AWFUL. Although, the container is handy, with its plastic flip top lid. I will never again stray from my beloved L'Oreal again. After this this, I will stay faithful to it. (although... having said that, I have a GWP bottle of Lancome eye m/u remover...)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2007 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Danielleg1280

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This eyemakeup remover works great on non-waterproof mascara, eyeliner, etc. For the price, you can't go wrong. I usually use Clinique eyemakeup remover (the non oily one) or the Estee Lauder eyemakeup remover. This works just as good for a fraction of the price. If you use waterproof mascara, you shouldn't use this though. It gets off the MAC water resistant eyeliner no prob.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2007 4:44:00 AM More reviews by SeattleGlamourGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't care for the product at all. The only thing it would remove was eye shadow, which I can do with water. Forget about getting eyeliner, mascara, etc off with it because it just doesn't work. Definitely won't waste my money and repurchase.