September 23, 2014 | 1950 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read that another reviewer prefers the 217 to this brush. In my mind they are 2 completely different brushes. The 217 will never pack on and deposit color like the 239. Try it on the back of your hand. Dip the 217 in to a dark shadow and lay down a swipe on the back of your hand--see how dark you can make it. Then do the same with the 239. The 239 will lay down much more color and in less strokes.

There are other good packing brushes out there but none as good as the 239 in my opinion. I have the pack brushes from Sonia Kashuk. The bristles are longer so I have less control. The shorter bristles on the 239 make all the difference.

The 239 is make from goat hair, thus the white appearance. This is the same material used to make the 217.

The 239 is a makeup lovers must have brush

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Milasha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can see why people like this so much but it doesn't work for small eyes. It's dense and it picks up color very well. Not much to say about this brush because it's just a normal shading brush. Cheaper and smaller brushes worked better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The MAC 239 is such a great brush for packing on a lid or lid-to-browbone colour. Picks up the shadow wonderfully, and it's a really great size to go in on the lid. When using this for a lid colour, always remember to PAT the colour onto the lid. Swiping it back and forth still gives you colour, but not to the extent that patting will. Also, this brush can be used in the crease if you don't want a diffused look. Although I rarely use it in the crease. Overall, great brush, and definitely one of the must-have eye brushes from MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by showSTOPPER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I only purchased this recently - my first "high end" (ish) eye brush. Can't believe I waited so long! It is very very soft, but firm enough that its not flimsy. Does take on a lot of product, and most of this is distributed fully and evenly onto the lid.
Very expensive in my opinion. Almost $50 australian dollars (should be a lot less with our dollar becoming stronger, but MAC doesn't seem to adjust prices), but because I couldn't find a decent cheaper option, I decided to get this. Probably people in the US and UK have a much larger range of more affordable brushes to choose from.
But like I said, it is a very good brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by breesana

I stayed away from Mac brushes for a long time, the high price frightened me away for the longest time. But after I did a class with a Mac guru, I could see that I'd never get the results like he did with my cheapy brushes. I bought this brush and knew the first moment I used it that this is my hg brush. I can get so much product on my lids and the application is beautiful every time. I also eeally like how my eyeshadows don't turn to dust and I loose lots of the product like with some other, cheaper brushes. If you love eye makeup, then you need this brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very nice basic brush. I really like how I can get into the corner of my eyes very easily with it. The brush is great for dark and pigmented shadows because it applies them evenly over the entire lid. The only complaint I have about this brush is that it picks up so much product that a lot of it gets left in the brush. Because of this I have to clean it fairly often, which may shorten the lifespan of the brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite brushes and I use it the most out of any of my eye brushes. I have a lot of eyeshadow brushes that look like the 239, but none of them compare. There's something about the mac 239 that allows it to pack on and apply so much more color than other brushes like it. The white natural hair bristles are so soft and dense and perfect for applying color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by smartiebooboo

Good product overall. The size is good for covering the eyelid and distributing the color. I use this brush when I apply eyeshadow to my lid (very rarely) just because I dont normally have time in the mornings. However, It is a good dense, soft brush and is good quality. I hope it will last me a long time as it was quite pricey!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I don't understand why this is everyone's favorite brush.
I'd much rather use my smashbox #3 or mac 217.
This is a good brush.
I do reach for it - I guess mostly for highlight.
For the money - the loew cornell version is just as good.

I had the loew cornell - and gave it to my sister - because I just thought I had to have the MAC version - eh, no big difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by shells08

this is a great little brush for packing color onto the lid. it's small, dense, and slightly firm. i'm sure it would work well with creams and bases, though i have not used it for such. i currently have a SE and plan on getting a full sized one since i often find the SE brushes to be a bit different in quality. a great eyeshadow brush for anyone to have!