NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 12/10/2013 6:20:00 PM

Yay I love this. I only have one, in Creme brulee and its awesomeee. The perfect shade of pink for me, and no pinks look good on me. I feel like this color would look good on anyone. Perfect consistency, smooth, not too slick it's just a really good gloss. I didn't really like the other shades, except I might go pick up the cherry one. The scent is also nice, vanilla-y. Oh, and don't order these online. The names are misleading and you really need to test them to see the true color.

on 12/8/2013 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

They FINALLY started stocking NYX in Target in Australia.. nearly died of shock and delight when I saw the stand. So, I bought a whole lotta things but one of my stand-out favourites has to be the butter gloss in Eclair. i love the consistency of it. I cant smell anything on this one, so I can't comment on scent like others, but the sheerness and the gloss is really nice on lips. This shade is adds a nice natural pink on my lips. Can't wait to go back for more!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not much of a lippie person here, but after all of the rave reviews I decided to try them out. I am absolutely in LOVE with these. I can reapply & reapply all day long with no issues. Half of the time I forget I'm even wearing gloss! I get complimented every time I wear Creme Brulee. Absolutely beautiful, pigmented & smell delicious. Will be repurchasing more colors asap!

on 12/3/2013 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I guess maybe I'm just not a lip color person! I bought these thinking it would renew my faith in lip colors, but it hasn't. Everything seems to dry up on my lips. These do stay on a while (given that you don't eat or drink anything). They are very glossy and feel good. They tended to bleed or feather a little bit on me. The colors are vibrant no matter which shade you choose so keep that in mind. I think they are okay lip glosses, but I probably won't buy them again.

on 11/30/2013 10:27:00 AM

FAVOURITE LIP GLOSSES EVER!!! I bought the trio set which have Merengue, Creme Brûlée and Apple Strudel. They're all awesome, especially if you're a nude lover like me. ;) I absolutely love applying them over my nude lipsticks. I used to dislike glosses, but WOW do they make your lips look amazing! :) Amazing pigmentation for a gloss too!

on 11/24/2013 5:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love my NYX Butter Glosses. I have creme brûlée, eclair, and Apple strudel and they are all gorgeous colors. These glosses smell amazing, are buttery on the lips, and give the perfect amount of color. They are also very moisturizing. The only reason I have these 4 out of 5 is because sometimes these can be a little blotchy on the lips if your lips are dry and they can be hard to layer over lipstick. Other than that I love these!

on 11/20/2013 2:54:00 PM

I was so disappointed with these. I literally just received the shipment 20 minutes ago from FedEx, ordered from NYX online. I ordered about a dozen different products from NYX, based upon reviews I read here, on their great pricing, and on the fact they are cruelty-free. The products I was most eager to try were the butter glosses. I have dry lips and the thought of a rich, moisturizing gloss is appealing. Add to that an "O" Award from Oprah & the idea of the gloss smelling so good, and needless to say, I was quite excited. I ordered the Peaches & Cream color and Cherry Pie. I would venture to say that these colors are nearly unwearable. They literally match the bright plastic containers that house them. Literally. Cherry Pie is bright plastic red and Peaches and Cream is 80's fluorescent pink. Um, where's the peach?? The Cherry Pie has no undertones (like blue) to make it wearable and there's nothing "peach" about peaches & cream. I put the Peaches & Cream on and tried to blend it in a bit to soften the color, and then put as little of the Cherry Pie over the top, hoping the pink of the Peaches & Cream might soften up the red a bit. The product is so thick though, it really wouldn't blend. I ate a small handful of mini twist pretzels and the color is completely gone. That's fine with me. It looked awful. And there was no great fragrance either. I really hope I am not as disappointed with the rest of what I bought.

on 11/18/2013 1:36:00 PM

I heard raves about the butter gloss. The colors are all amazing and beautiful. However, for me, it burned my lips and dried them so bad. I must be allergic to something in it. I'm disappointed.

on 11/10/2013 6:37:00 AM

This is currently my go to lipgloss it smells divine, the formula is the perfect consistency to provide enough colour. It doesnt settle or ever get sticky or look untidy. I really like this lipgloss but I dont think its amazing. I honestly wasn't blown away by it, the lasting power is minimal. Slides off straight away which I see as a bit of a waste even if the price is really cheap. I do like these but i wouldn't repurchase for this reason.

on 11/9/2013 11:41:00 PM

I have these glosses in 3 shades: Creme Brulee, which is a light neutral pink, Maple Blondie, a warm, bright pinky-coral, and Merengue, which is a cool lilac pink. I purchased them from Ulta for about 5 bucks each. I love these because they are such cheap thrills, and come in a good range of colors. I think everyone would be able to find a color they'd be comfortable wearing. The scent on these glosses are sweet and sugary, sort of like a cookie. I don't find the scent too strong or over-powering, and it does not linger. From the shades that I have, they all seem to have a medium-buildable coverage on the lips, and they don't sink into the lines in my lips either. They don't feel too heavy or uncomfortable either. The packaging is adorable, with the cap matching the color of the product. The only thing that may bother some people is that they do not last very long, but this doesn't bother me that much, and I don't mind reapplying. I highly suggest you try a shade (or two) out!

Video Reviews & Tutorials