NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 2/1/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Totally in love, glides on smoooothly and the color selection is nice,, unfortunately i only have the "peaches and cream" shade, but i would defiantly buy other colors, can be worn on its own or on top of a lipstick for a nice twist, just make sure you exfoliate before hand, cause it does shows the flakes on your lips!!

on 1/31/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am honestly not much of a gloss person. I'm not a fan of the shummer that tends to be in them and I can't just get over the sticky feeling. These however, are phenomenal. They smell and taste like cake, have very decent color payoff, and feel buttery soft. If you're looking for a long wearing gloss, these probably aren't them. But they also don't claim to be long wearing. I'm impressed with the shade range and have four colors and will probably buy more. Best glosses around and the price can't be beat.

on 1/30/2014 11:09:00 PM

A nice thick lip gloss. I got the shade creme brulee and it's just what I wanted, a nice pink nude colour. Smells amazing! Lasting power is pretty good and for the price how can you go wrong? Feels a lot like a lip balm instead of a gloss on my lips, and when it dries down it's not sticky. My favourite lip gloss ever. Will repurchase and I am keen to try the other shades.

on 1/28/2014 4:00:00 AM

when I first bought these glosses it felt so sticky that I had to give it away. but the good reviews here made me want to give it another try, so I bought a few shades to play with. to my surprise it felt like butter on my lips. it is a little sticky but not too sticky that I'd pass on it again. so happy I gave it another try cause I'm really enjoying the scent and feel of it on my lips now that it's summertime. happy happy!!

on 1/27/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Looks like I'm about to rain on the Butter Gloss parade. I just don't get the hype about this lip gloss. I've tried Creme Brule and Cherry Cheesecake and neither impressed me. They do smell very good but the scent disipates very quickly, they also have no taste. I think if a gloss is going to smell delicious, it should smell delicious for longer than 4 minutes and should taste good, too! The texture is pretty average, just a soft non-sticky gloss which is starting to become more and more the norm in glosses. The colors are fairly opaque, with Creme Brule being just milky enough to settle into lip lines. They didn't last long either. I just don't think the quality is there in many NYX products. And I probably would never buy another if they didn't always manage to lure me in with dirt cheap prices.

on 1/23/2014 5:00:00 PM

I bought the NYX lip butter lip gloss in Maple Blonde & I love it! It smells amazing. It lasts on my lips about 2 hours if I'm not eating or drinking. The color is a baby pink. It doesn't dry out my lips at all. They're inexpensive. I bought it at Ulta & they were buy 1 get 1 1/2 off.

on 1/15/2014 12:54:00 PM

I waited quite a while to try these glosses out. I'm not really a gloss person anyway, so they didn't really interest me, but I gave them a go to see what all the buzz was about. I got three colors, but Maple Blondie turned out to be my favorite of the bunch. I like how pigmented the gloss is, but I find it takes a while to settle onto your lips. The texture is smooth and silky and the formula lasts quite a while on my lips. I love using these to layer over/under my otherwise boring neutral pink lipsticks.

I only gave these a 3 because they don't seem that special to me. I like that the entire line has cream finishes, but the color range was too similar for my taste. The other two colors I got, I think Eclair and Meringue, are too similar on the lips for me to own both. I ordered online and wasn't able to test them prior, but other than the ones I ordered I'm not interested in purchasing more.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the formula and the colors they have.... they just dont last long on your lips :(

on 1/11/2014 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Probably my favorite of my lip gloss collection, which says a lot lol. NYX makes great lip products in general and I was so excited when these came out. These are so opaque and come in the prettiest colors. Without eating or drinking these stay on my lips quite a long time, I would say 3-4+ hours (I'm not one who minds reapplying my lipgloss throughout the day). They smell good too, not heavily perfumed and fake like so many other glosses do. Kind of like vanilla mixed with cake batter? I own 4 and plan on adding to my collection. Right now I own Tiramisu (beigey MLBB shade), Vanilla Cream Pie (baby Pink), Eclaire (cool toned bubblegum) and Strawberry Parfait (toned down fuchsia). Love them!

on 1/11/2014 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got this in Eclair and I quite like it. The texture of the gloss is creamy and slick, not at all sticky or gloppy. It goes on smoothly, has nice shine, and doesn't leave the dreaded white line on lips. It doesn't have much of a taste besides a slight sweetness when you first put it on. Like any other gloss, have to reapply after drinking or eating, but it lasts longer than many others if you're not doing anything with your lips. Eclair is a pretty light pink that would probably be flattering on anyone. It falls somewhere between opaque and sheer. Moisturizes pretty well for a gloss, too.

I like the way this looks and feels and the price is right. Recommend it overall.

Video Reviews & Tutorials