NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 4/8/2014 12:39:00 PM

I can't believe such a powerful little gloss can be $5. I have so far accumulated 11 of these little babies. I love them sooo much. I have bought a few backups of my faves eclair and creme brulee. They are medium coverage, non-sticky, glide like a dream. I seem to go throught them fairly fast, but then again I am a reapplyer so I guess I should expect that. This is truly the best lip gloss out there. I think it beats my higher end ones even. The wonderful thing about the butter glosses is they can be worn over lipstick or alone. I am trying to give my brighter shades a chance for spring/summer, but I seem to use the light pinks and nudes the most. I recommend to everyone, even lip gloss haters. These may just change your mind! <3

on 4/7/2014 9:52:00 PM

I bought this product in Strawberry Parfait, which is a cool magenta-y color. It is somewhere between sheer and opaque but has such a delightful feeling on. No it is not the most moisturizing product I own, but let's be real, for these prices you will never find something that moisturizing. It is such a fun spring color (I AM SO HAPPY NYX IS AT MY LOCAL CVS AHHHH). I do agree that the packaging is a little annoying because you cannot see how much product you have but it's okay, a little cheap but for these prices, who can complain. One of my new favorite glosses!

on 4/5/2014 7:23:00 PM

I love these as a quick, easy lip colour. They're smooth, comfortable, non-sticky, and moisturizing and the colour payoff is quite lovely. I particularly love Tiramisu and Maple Blondie, they're both perfect, easy shades to throw on anytime. I keep them in my bag at all times. I love that I can apply them even if my lips are feeling or looking dry. They feel nourishing and they hide dryness well. They are also nice to wear over a lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I was super excited when my local CVS started carrying NYX products. I've heard a lot of hype about their makeup, and their lip stuff in particular. I bought this gloss in Peaches and Cream. The texture is very nice- not sticky or gritty at all. The color is very pigmented- Peaches and Cream is a nice, warm pink rather than a true peach. The only thing I would have liked is a little bit more moisturizer in the formula. When I think "butter", I think of something that conditions the lips. This formula neither dries nor moisturizes, so it's not a huge issue.

I am definitely going to try their other colors. It's a good product for the price point.

on 3/20/2014 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I personally didn't like it at first. But I eventually kept reaching for it every day because it's so convenient and easy to use and to adjust to your liking. They glide on so smoothly and they're suuuuuuper pigmented. Most (at least the colors I have) are all cream finishes so there's no glitter or shimmer in them; therefore it doesn't give off a gritty feeling on your lips. I think they're worth it! Creme Brûlée is my favorite one because it's the perfect daily nude.

on 3/18/2014 2:18:00 PM

I don't understand all the love for this gloss. First of all, the color range is very limited and mostly pastels which I can't wear. I selected one that I thought would be OK, but looks horrible on me. Secondly, they are NOT glossy and they wear off quickly and are not moisturzing in the least. Thirdly, the tube isn't clear so you can't tell how much you have left (not that I will be finishing mine). Big thumbs down.

on 3/8/2014 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Cheapest and greatest lip gloss ever! Beautiful shades, not sticky, not stinky - love it! Very good quality.. and for that price.. wow. I got Apple Strudel and it's one of my favorite glosses I ever had. (Usually I am not a fan of gloss because they are too sticky, yuck).

on 3/4/2014 8:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ooh la la, what a gloss! Buttery, this is! I am a NYX fan--I have their eyeshadow palette in Wicked Dreams, their brow cake powder, waterproof eyeliner...wonderful eye makeup options. But when it came to lip gloss, I didn't know how NYX would fare. I follow NYX on Instagram and noticed how lovely the lipsticks and glosses look in photos. These butter glosses have frequently been advertised, so after reading the rave reviews, I went out and bought some--and I can totally understand the hype. I have never been a big lipgloss fan...sticky, overly wet look is not my thing. But the butter glosses glide right on, aren't too sticky, provide medium/natural coverage, and just look fabulous on. I love the scent too--sort of like vanilla cupcake, but not too sickly sweet. I have the following glosses: Creme Brulee (light nude), Eclair (light pink/nude), Angel Food Cake (mauve), and Cherry Pie (red). I initially bought Eclair, and expanded my collection. They are all super fool proof-- but I will say that with Cherry Pie, I dab on a little and then blend, for a more rosy, natural look, since it's the brightest shade I own. The great thing about Butter Gloss is that it can be layered for more pigmentation. The wear is reasonable--doesn't last a super long time, but lasts long enough. And I LOVE to reapply anyway! These glosses are true to their name- LOVE!

on 3/2/2014 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

AMAZING! My HG is the balm's plump your pucker in cocoa my coconut which is $20 a tube. This stuff is identical in colour and texture! The smell is beautiful, kind of like mac lipstick. It's thick but not sticky it's buttery as the name suggests. I love this gloss in the colour creme brûlée and at $10 it's a definite repurchase! So glad Nyx is finally in australia!!

on 3/2/2014 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought these in Devil's Food Cake and Raspberry Tart.

The formula of these glosses are pretty great -- so much better than their Mega Shine line. Unlike their butter lipsticks, these actually feel buttery on the lips. Not sticky or gloopy in any way. They aren't incredibly opaque either, nor are they sheer. They meet somewhere in the middle, for me. These do have a scent -- almost like a cookie, or cake batter. No taste, though.

I expected the packaging to be a "what you see is what you get" in terms of color, but it wasn't in this case. Devil's Food cake, which is a super deep plum, looks like it has a tinge of brown to it, but it turns out to have a tad more purple to it. Raspberry Tart looks like a dark, but vibrant purple, but it's a tad more pink, and actually natural looking upon application.

I wish there were more swatches online of these two newer colors, but it's all good. They also seem to be an online only thing right now. I have yet to see some of the newer colors in stores. I would recommend researching swatches so you know what to expect with the colors. They are really cheap, especially for a good, pigmented gloss.

Popular Lip Glosses