October 23, 2014 | 1665 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by jaydensmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Why, oh why am I just discovering these????? I was going to Ulta and decided to get on here to look for the highest rated NYX products. Well, Butter Gloss, with your 100% recommendation, you caught my eye. I got to Ulta and I think due to the sale (these are like $2.99), they were pretty much all gone. There were like 7 left, I kid you not.

I went out on a limb and purchased Cherry Cheese Cake, which for whatever reason is orange. When I hear cherry cheese cake, orange is not the color I think of, but whatever. It's a BEAUTIFUL coral color that looks oh so great with my olive skin.

This gloss feels amazing. AMAZING. So smooth, the pigmentation is great and the smell is awesome. This one kind of reminds me of Skittles. I really can't speak on the lasting power because I reapply a lot...I love it that much!

The Ulta saleswoman said they'd be getting a shipment in Monday (today), so guess where I will be after work?

I love these glosses and highly recommend them!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by texasfinest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

These are great glosses, they are inexpensive and smell amazing.I have it in Creme Brule, Strawberry Parfait and Eclair. Butter glosses have a doe foot applicator and make the application very simple. They have excellent color payoff and a nice sheen. Make sure if you have dry lips to wear a lip balm before applying.

**Be careful when choosing a color online. A lot of the peachy shades and warmer shades are ORANGE in store. So make sure you are a warm skin tone if you are going to purchase a peachy shade.

One downside that I would have to mention is that they are impossible to find, i went to Ulta, went to my local NYX supplier and they were both out, even sold out for alot of online stores. I got mine from CherryCulture.com

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by allisonshort

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this gloss in the color Creme Brulee and it's amazing! I never use lip glosses and since I love literally everything from NYX, I thought I'd give these a try-- plus they were on sale! Even at $5, this is a great deal. You get a good amount of product and it is great quality. Can't complain about the packaging, I like that it matches the product color very well. This color is super amazing. I wanted to get a more nude color instead of anything bright since this is the first gloss I've bought in years and Creme Brulee was just right. As soon as you put it on-OMG, SO SMOOTH. It has great color and staying power but I find myself constantly reapplying because I just can't get enough of it lol. Doesn't make your lips look funny or peel off or anything so you really can't go wrong with this gloss. Definite repurchase and going to try other colors. 5 stars all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by NicoleRay719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! It smells incredible, goes on soft and gentle, and is BEAUTIFUL!! I got "Eclair" on the recommendation of Jaclyn Hill on YouTube. Ulta has all NYX on sale for 40% off plus there's a $3.50 off $10 coupon that can be used as well. Needless to say, this was the best $2.50 I've ever spent on a lip product! Will absolutely be getting more colors! ECLAIR is a very natural, neutral pink sheen... Truly beautiful and I think it would suit most skin types famously!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ahhhhhhh. Bought 4 and going back for more this week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color name Cherry Cheesecake caught my attention right away. I blame my sweet tooth, and my eternal yearning for every orange-red lipgloss/lipstick on the face of the earth.
Welp, I'm sold. And I want more. Thank goodness it's $5 so I won't bankrupt myself buying some more lovely butter glosses.
When I first opened the tube, the scent hit me right away. It's vanilla, which I love, and it dissapates pretty quick, but if you have a frangrance-phobia, beware.
The color goes on very nice and smooth, without giving the lips an overly glossed appearance. Good pigmentation and lasts pretty well. The last thing I need is more lip gloss, but with stuff this good, why not?

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These have replaced NYX Megashines as my favorite lip glosses. They are not sticky, the brighter shades have good pigment, have true colors with no shimmer, they are moisturizing, they come in a cute smaller size, they last as long as the Megashine, and most of all, they don't have a weird, strong smell like the Megashines. They have a light, slightly sweet scent that dissipates fast. They are very similar to Buxom Lip Creams but without the drying plumping stuff. I bought five them right away. The most impressive shades are Cherry Cheescake (orangy coral, a very sheer version of OCC Lip Tar in Grandma--a great combo, btw), Peach Cobbler (sheer pinky red -- dupe for Buxom Lip Cream in Cherry Flip), Peaches and Cream (true pink) Maple Blondie (warm pink), Tiramisu (warm nude). These stand out on their own.

The ones I got that weren't as pigmented but still nice were Apple Strudel (pale peach pink), and Creme Brulee (pale nude pink). These are good for layering over lipstick or for a natural look by themselves.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Linda523

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 11 out of 12 colors but may go back and get the last color anyway because I love these glosses that much. I decided to skip on the red because I don't wear red too often. I have very light colored lips, almost no pigment, and these glosses show up beautifully. It's sheer enough to still see your lips underneath but delivers a nice wash of color with a noticeable shine. Its not as runny as the nyx megashine so i prefer these butter glosses much more. Some of these are more pigmented than others. The standouts to me are merengue, strawberry parfait, maple blondie, and peaches and cream. The rest are great too. Love.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by koinie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Ok so this lip gloss has lovely colors and a great consistency without being sticky. At first, I wasn't too thrilled with the gloss because it settled into every line I had! But I found a solution. If you put a lip balm on first, it goes on completely smooth and beautiful! So I'm taking a lippy off for that! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by valgrrl72

I bought two colors, Vanilla Cream Pie and Tiramisu. The glosses are the perfect pigmentation and have no shimmer or glitter whatsoever which I actually liked. They are subtle and natural. The vanilla smell is nice and not too strong. The staying power was pretty good for a non sticky gloss lasting about 2-3 hours on me without eating and only drinking through a straw. Also, I noticed a slight stain remained after the gloss wore off. The formula is very comfortable and moisturizing. The quality of these is excellent and for $4.99 at Ulta, they are a STEAL! Definitely a must have gloss!