NYX Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I have these in 4 colors but my favorite is Eclair. It is a soft lilac pink. These are so smooth and glossy and mildly opaque so you really feel like you have lipstick on just sheered out. These are perfect for the spring and summer when you have a bit of a tan or when you want to wear a bold eye and want to tone down the lips. They are not moisturizing but they don't strip your lips either. Wear time is about 2 to 3 hours without drinking or eating and yes of course kissing. 😄 Just a lovely product from Nyx. I would have to say my favorite from them. One last thing, these are good over lipsticks as well because they don't "break down" the lipstick underneath causing a big globby mess...does that make sense?

Happy Lipsticking! ❤️

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am not a lip gloss fan one bit. When these first came out, I had zero interest but after about a year and a half, I finally gave into the hype. I have this in Tiramisu, Maple Blondie, Vanilla Creme Pie, and Strawberry Parfait. They give such a nice color payoff and they are so easy to put on. The lasting power is alright..I mean, it's lip gloss lol. They do tend to get that milky look if you put on too much. In that case, I just take a napkin and wipe off the excess grease and reapply. I do really enjoy this product overall and hope to purchase Eclair.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is hands down the best lip gloss i've ever tried. the texture is perfect, glossy but not too sticky and not drying at all, and the best part is that it doesn't sink into lines at all! i can skip chapstick with this gloss and it's fine. i got this in the shade 'peach cobbler' which is a lovely summery peach/coral color and the pigmentation is great. i can easily swipe it on for a good tint, or take my time and get the full rich color you see in the tube (though i will say it tends a bit more bright orange in tube than on lips).

i've yet to wear this for an extended amount of time but it did last me at least 3-4 hours when i wore it for graduation. it has a fairly strong vanilla smell, which i personally don't mind, but if you're sensitive to that kind of thing make sure to take a sniff before buying, if you can. definitely recommend, am definitely going to buy this in other colours (now that they've stocked this at my local CVS)!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite gloss! I have it in Creme Brulee and it is the perfect pinky nude for my fair skin! It is super comfortable on the lips and it lasts longer than I thought it would! I am going to buy more colors today!

I finally decided to buy this since I kept hearing about it on YouTube. I have it in the color BLG07 "Tiramisu". Tiramisu is a pinky/brown nude in the tube, but on my lips it comes off a more cool toned nude pink. I have pretty pigmented lips and this color nudes them out "perfectly" with very little effort. Usually when I wear a nude lip, I need a combo of lipliner, lipstick/lipgloss. With Tiramisu, that's all I need!! I just apply it on my lips and i'm set to go! This is my new HG universal lip color! I can wear it on days where i don't wear any makeup and just want a fresher/polished look, or days when i do wear makeup for a perfect natural lip. The texture is sooo buttery smooth, and not sticky! The scent is like vanilla cupcake frosting! So yummy!! Definitely will be buying a back and up and other colors!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have this in the color Eclair, a creamy baby pink. I held out on trying the Butter glosses for a long time because NYX lip products have been hit or miss for me. But finally the MLBB color line up, as well their wide availability drew me in. Overall, I do like this lip gloss. It is nicely pigmented. I have heard people say that these glosses are too 'milky', or that they apply streaky but I haven't had that issue with this particular color. It lasts a long time on the lips for a gloss; a few hours for me. One minor issue that another reviewer mentioned is that the formula feels heavy on the lips, but I guess that helps with the lasting power. The color Eclair is nice on me though I would prefer that it was more of a nude pink (as opposed to a cool toned light pink), but that's just a personal preference. The scent is very pleasant - like vanilla baked goods. I may or may not try another color later on but this is a solid lip product from NYX, esp. for the price (under $5 where I live). EDIT: I recently purchased the color Tiramisu and love that one even more!

Best lip glosses ever

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Affordable. Pigmented. Buildable colour. Moisturizing. Long lasting power. There's nothing bad that I can say about the butter glosses except that it can get sticky if you over apply. But nonetheless, wonderful product.

I currently, and sadly only own one of these babies in Creme Brulee. I kept seeing this product talked about on YouTube channels and needed to find some. I actually stumbled upon them at a CVS I don't normally frequent but was super excited when I saw the stand. I went neutral on my first one because I want worried about looking clown-ish and was still trying to find a good nude color. I have to say, I've tried a lot of lip glosses and this one is quickly becoming my absolute favorite! I love me some Nars Orgasm, but the glitter is sometimes too much for me. These butter glosses are so beautiful! First the smell is DIVINE! Who doesn't love a good cookie/vanilla smell?! And the pigmentation is to die for! On top of all of that you have the smoothness from the gloss and it is not drying but doesn't have that sticky feeling either. I have to curb my usage because I imagine I'll be through the whole tube in less than a month!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was hesitant to try this product since I thought it might have been false hype. These go on sale frequently at Ulta so I decided to pick up some to try. So far, these are great and you can't beat the price. They are also great for layering with lipsticks. I own Merengue, Devil's Food Cake, and Creme Brûlée. MAC will always be my number one, but this is nice when I want to change things up. I will repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials