NYX Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 3/4/2014 8:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ooh la la, what a gloss! Buttery, this is! I am a NYX fan--I have their eyeshadow palette in Wicked Dreams, their brow cake powder, waterproof eyeliner...wonderful eye makeup options. But when it came to lip gloss, I didn't know how NYX would fare. I follow NYX on Instagram and noticed how lovely the lipsticks and glosses look in photos. These butter glosses have frequently been advertised, so after reading the rave reviews, I went out and bought some--and I can totally understand the hype. I have never been a big lipgloss fan...sticky, overly wet look is not my thing. But the butter glosses glide right on, aren't too sticky, provide medium/natural coverage, and just look fabulous on. I love the scent too--sort of like vanilla cupcake, but not too sickly sweet. I have the following glosses: Creme Brulee (light nude), Eclair (light pink/nude), Angel Food Cake (mauve), and Cherry Pie (red). I initially bought Eclair, and expanded my collection. They are all super fool proof-- but I will say that with Cherry Pie, I dab on a little and then blend, for a more rosy, natural look, since it's the brightest shade I own. The great thing about Butter Gloss is that it can be layered for more pigmentation. The wear is reasonable--doesn't last a super long time, but lasts long enough. And I LOVE to reapply anyway! These glosses are true to their name- LOVE!

on 3/2/2014 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

AMAZING! My HG is the balm's plump your pucker in cocoa my coconut which is $20 a tube. This stuff is identical in colour and texture! The smell is beautiful, kind of like mac lipstick. It's thick but not sticky it's buttery as the name suggests. I love this gloss in the colour creme brûlée and at $10 it's a definite repurchase! So glad Nyx is finally in australia!!

on 3/2/2014 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought these in Devil's Food Cake and Raspberry Tart.

The formula of these glosses are pretty great -- so much better than their Mega Shine line. Unlike their butter lipsticks, these actually feel buttery on the lips. Not sticky or gloopy in any way. They aren't incredibly opaque either, nor are they sheer. They meet somewhere in the middle, for me. These do have a scent -- almost like a cookie, or cake batter. No taste, though.

I expected the packaging to be a "what you see is what you get" in terms of color, but it wasn't in this case. Devil's Food cake, which is a super deep plum, looks like it has a tinge of brown to it, but it turns out to have a tad more purple to it. Raspberry Tart looks like a dark, but vibrant purple, but it's a tad more pink, and actually natural looking upon application.

I wish there were more swatches online of these two newer colors, but it's all good. They also seem to be an online only thing right now. I have yet to see some of the newer colors in stores. I would recommend researching swatches so you know what to expect with the colors. They are really cheap, especially for a good, pigmented gloss.

on 3/1/2014 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am not a lip gloss gal and rarely buy any. I love the look of a gloss but can not stand the tacky, sticky feel that glosses invariably produce. On occasion, I do buy one, and it's always a high end gloss such as NARS or BB's because I find them to be less sticky than the cheapo ones. I decided to try NYX Butter Gloss after hearing so much hub-bub about them on YouTube. I am a big NYX fan, in general, and each butter gloss is a mere $5 so I figured, why not give them a try.

I'm an NC25 & thought the color "Peaches & Cream" complimented my skin tone nicely. It's more of a warm pinkish-peach than a true peach. Nice packaging, very sweet smelling (no-they don't smell like butter but they do smell sweet, more like vanilla), smooth & easy to apply, not overly sticky and overall a really good gloss for the $!

If you are a big lip gloss fan, I think you'll be very happy w/ NYX Butter Glosses and at $5 each (US), I'd say, these are a steal.

on 3/1/2014 1:16:00 PM

I now have 6 of these and just love them. They feel so smooth, not sticky at all. I love how moisturizing these are and they smell fabulous. Just a great gloss to throw on and go.

on 3/1/2014 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Love these Butter Glosses. I found these little treasures at my CVS. So many colors still to try. They are in lipstick gloss packaging with doe foot applicator. The color and consistency of theses glosses are great, goes on smooth, a hint of butter frosting scent that goes away upon application and is not sacchrinny sweet or mint flavored like most lip products. I got Merengue which a pale milky pastel pink and the most wearable of them that I don't need a mirror for application. These kept my lips moist for about an hour and when the moisture fades there is a sheer layer of color remaining. Its not a glossy gloss more of a gloss/lipistick. Very comfortable to wear, perfect for those that suffer from chapped lips!

on 3/1/2014 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I didn't intend to buy the butter gloss when I came into NYX. I just looked for the matte one but unfortunately there was no appropriate color to my lips so the sales girl offered me this with the exact same price.
I never glued to the lip gloss but this for the only exception. Something which makes me love this for the first time is the color I try, Cherry Pie. Trust me your lips will look so natural fresh though this butter gloss gives me too glossy but well it doesn't matter since I love that Cherry Pie. Never regret this, I love this much much much...

on 2/27/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

If you're like me and hate lip gloss because of their stickyness than you will really enjoy the butter gloss formula. I have the shade 'Tiramisu' which I would describe as a nude pink with a mauve undertone. My skin tone can range from NC30-40 and I found that this was the only light shade that suited me so I would say its best suited for fair to medium-tan skin tones.

The next pro is the yummy vanilla cupcake sweet scent as well as the corresponding coloring of the packaging for the individual shades which I appreciate. Lasting power is around 2 hours max (that is, if I haven't eaten if off my lips already), so nothing amazing there but I really enjoy the way they feel on compared to all other glosses I have used in the past.

I would recommend these!

on 2/22/2014 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is cheap, tasty, and pretty. I got Angel Food Cake, which didn't turn out to be exactly the color I hoped (the tubes are opaque, so you can't see the actual product before you buy, which is a slight downside), but reminds me of NARS Metis, only much cheaper (by $20) and infinitely better tasting/smelling. I won't repurchase this color, but I am looking forward to trying other colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing!!

Popular Lip Glosses