NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 3/1/2014 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Love these Butter Glosses. I found these little treasures at my CVS. So many colors still to try. They are in lipstick gloss packaging with doe foot applicator. The color and consistency of theses glosses are great, goes on smooth, a hint of butter frosting scent that goes away upon application and is not sacchrinny sweet or mint flavored like most lip products. I got Merengue which a pale milky pastel pink and the most wearable of them that I don't need a mirror for application. These kept my lips moist for about an hour and when the moisture fades there is a sheer layer of color remaining. Its not a glossy gloss more of a gloss/lipistick. Very comfortable to wear, perfect for those that suffer from chapped lips!

on 3/1/2014 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I didn't intend to buy the butter gloss when I came into NYX. I just looked for the matte one but unfortunately there was no appropriate color to my lips so the sales girl offered me this with the exact same price.
I never glued to the lip gloss but this for the only exception. Something which makes me love this for the first time is the color I try, Cherry Pie. Trust me your lips will look so natural fresh though this butter gloss gives me too glossy but well it doesn't matter since I love that Cherry Pie. Never regret this, I love this much much much...

on 2/27/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

If you're like me and hate lip gloss because of their stickyness than you will really enjoy the butter gloss formula. I have the shade 'Tiramisu' which I would describe as a nude pink with a mauve undertone. My skin tone can range from NC30-40 and I found that this was the only light shade that suited me so I would say its best suited for fair to medium-tan skin tones.

The next pro is the yummy vanilla cupcake sweet scent as well as the corresponding coloring of the packaging for the individual shades which I appreciate. Lasting power is around 2 hours max (that is, if I haven't eaten if off my lips already), so nothing amazing there but I really enjoy the way they feel on compared to all other glosses I have used in the past.

I would recommend these!

on 2/22/2014 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is cheap, tasty, and pretty. I got Angel Food Cake, which didn't turn out to be exactly the color I hoped (the tubes are opaque, so you can't see the actual product before you buy, which is a slight downside), but reminds me of NARS Metis, only much cheaper (by $20) and infinitely better tasting/smelling. I won't repurchase this color, but I am looking forward to trying other colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing!!

on 2/18/2014 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know why everyone raves about the butter glosses. I've tried the two I have so many times to try get used to them. They apply horribly and sink into the lines on my lips before going matte.

Not a fan of this product.

on 2/18/2014 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I so enjoy this gloss. I have it in Raspberry Tarte and the color is so freakin' pretty. I like the applicator, it goes on smoothly and feels good on. It is a little sticky but not so much where I'm feeling like "I have on lip gloss" if you know what I mean; and besides I've had worse in that department so it's not enough to keep me from purchasing a couple more of these.

on 2/16/2014 12:04:00 AM

I have the shade tiramisu and I LOVE it! I usually dislike lipgloss bc it's sticky and doesn't have good color payoff on my lips, but this is not sticky and a really pretty pink beige shade on my lips. I have to reapply every 2-3hrs but I don't care it's my new holy grail lipgloss. I'm excited to try more shades. BUY THIS it's better than most at the drugstore even MAC to be honest they tend to be sticky

Buttery, and smells like cake batter, feels good on the lips and love how they look, would def choose these over smashbox.

on 2/15/2014 9:01:00 PM

I'm not a huge fans of lipgloss, mainly because I hate the stickiness on my lips eww. But when I came across these nyx butter gloss omg im in love! They will be and forever be the only glosses I will use and repurchase over and over. The color selection is awesome! When it's on your lips they just melt and feel so good on the lips they also look amazing alone or on top of a lipgloss.

Video Reviews & Tutorials