October 1, 2014 | 1829 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

NYX' brand new Butter glosses will "add a little sweetness to your lips with a touch of the Butter Gloss. Get creamy, sheer to medium coverage on your lips without that sticky sensation. Its prefect for every sweet tooth". I had to get one of these new glosses after reading Hello Miss Niki's post about them. Coincidentally I was near an Ulta that day, so I got to pick one up right away. NYX offers 12 shades, I have Peaches and Cream. Each tube contains 6.5g (.23oz) and retails for around $5. NYX is a cruelty free brand. This lip gloss was made in China. I purchased my tube at Ulta, which is the easier place to find NYX, but their products can also be bought through the brand's website, select drugstores, and a variety of e-tailers.
NYX Butter Glosses come in a plastic, cylindrical, opaque tube that's color coordinated with the shade it contains. The NYX logo, along with a short product description, can be found on the front of the colorful tubes. A full ingredient list can be found on the back. The size and sturdiness of the tube make NYX' Butter Glosses great for on the go. NYX Butter Glosses come with a very basic doe foot applicator.
NYX says that their Butter Glosses will "butter you up with divine gloss that feels like it melts on lips". I was pretty nervous about picking up this gloss, because I've had an iffy experience with a NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss. The formula was good, but the scent and flavor was overpowering and awful. Thankfully, the same can't be said for the new Butter Glosses, which have no noticeable scent or taste. Alright, on to how great the formula is. NYX' Butter Gloss is so smooth, it really does feel a little like melted butter on the lips! Not like in an oily way, but in a soothing, moisturizing way. Butter Glosses aren't sticky or tacky in the slightest, it almost feels like a very smooth balm. This gloss formula doesn't slip and slide, it's great for staying in place. I get about 1 1/2 to 2 hours of wear from this lip gloss.
Peaches and Cream, like so many NYX lip products, is so utterly miss-named. NYX describes Peaches and Cream as a "pink coral", which I don't really agree with. Well maybe I do, I'm having a really hard time deciphering what color it is. I'd call it a cross between bubble gum pink and a slightly coral pink. It's pretty and very bright. Definitely not a peach color like the name would imply. Peaches and Cream, and I believe all of the Butter Glosses, have a creamy, slightly milky finish - completely devoid of any shimmer. NYX was spot on when they described the opacity of their new glosses as "sheer to medium". How much coverage you get varies depending on how you apply it.
I'm loving NYX' Peaches and Cream Butter Gloss. The formula is extremely comfortable and fairly moisturizing. Peaches and Cream is a great bright pink. For me, its a little bright for this time of year; March is definitely still a winter month in PA..it's snowing at the moment. I think I'm going to get a lot of wear from this shade in the spring and summer. I might look into getting another shade or two from the is line in the future. Check out NYX' new Butter glosses when you can, the formula is excellent. I'll repurchase it if I work my way through this tube. Oh, and by the way, Kudos to NYX for not making these glosses taste like cough syrup.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in merengue which is a milky lilac pink. It feels so creamy and not as all sticky!! Kind of like u took a revlon lip butter and broke it down and stired into a creamy gloss. My favorite part about the color is that even though its milky it doesnt settle into the lip lines. I can wear it all day long and my lips never feel or llok dry, even after its gone my lips are dying for balm, and I am an avid balm wearer...always have it one if Ilm not wearing lipstick which is usally a matte, so my lips tend to be dry often. It does have a sweet smell. Smells doesnt usually bother expect for the matte cream from nyx, idk y...go figure so i cant say if sensitive people will have issue. It doesnt smell plastic or anything to me. Def say try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Mcjennifer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a "perfect nude" that doesn't look like I have concealer on my lips or is too dark for a long time. I found a perfect nude lipstick which is the Rimmel Kate Moss collection (red one) and the color is 113. The lip gloss I bought was "Creme Brulee and it goes perfect with the Kate Moss lipstick. I am so happy I finally found the perfect nude lip gloss. The formula of this lip gloss is perfect! Not too sticky or too slippery. The scent is just sweet like vanilla. The price is amazing. $4.99! I will definitely check out the other colors :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought 2 of these Vanilla cream Pie and Creme Brulee` and the Brulee is my fav it's a nice nudy tone and the vanilla is a more muted pinky colour. I love the texture there soft and sweet and leave my lips feeling nice. They do not dry my lips out and are great over lipsticks. They feel nice and I would get more it was a good buy. Def recommended!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in apple strudel which is a natural pink. The consistency is not sticky or drying and it lasts longer than most. The smell is sweet and yummy. Highly recommended.
**edit: i never edit reviews if i my opinion doesnt change but i decided i had to express my love for this a little more now that ive used it more. By far my favorite lip gloss. Im a chapstick junkie and for me no gloss can rep,ace it. Until this one. If my lips are feeling dry, this is my only gloss that makes it feel better.. most make em feel worse. The color is definetely a little milky looking which doesnt sound good but i do believe thats what gives it such great coverage. The color goes with any makeup look and since Ulta has BOGO 1/2 OFF, i think i may have to go grab a few different colors. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim in Peaches and Cream BLG03 and love the color. I was looking for a natural peach pink color that would be nice for Spring. This color is perfect--a bit more on the pink side, but none the less works well. The color is also more opaque for a gloss, which I like. It did not travel from my lip line (as I needed no lip liner) and last through a meal. The formula is not slippery like some glosses, which makes it wear longer for me. I do plan on trying more colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I bought this in the shades Vanilla Cream Pie and Maple Blondie, and to me the shades/colors are random and don't match. They're lovely glosses with good pigment and shine. They feel comfortable and I liked all of the shades, but they can appear a bit milky on your lips. This causes the gloss to collect in the corners of your mouth or in lip lines, and I have very few of those. Vanilla Cream Pie is a medium sheer pink and Maple Blondie is a softer coral peach. Update: I've been wearing these all week and find they're comfortable and last. They're not too sticky and the color is buildable. I'm not really a gloss person, but I think this is their best gloss formula. This is better than the Mega Shine gloss.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No