August 28, 2014 | 1105 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this for about 3 weeks now. I have Light/Medium # 818, matches my skin tone very well, not "orange" or "weird yellow", just a natural medium color. I wouldn't say this is full coverage, just average medium coverage. Very liquid-y in the tube--you must store this with the cap UP, otherwise it pools at the opening, and you could squirt out way more than you need. I put a small amount on my ceramic pallet and dip my RT face brush or my ELF flat top brush into it and apply to my face. I use very little, maybe a pea sized drop. This is AWESOME under my eyes. Covers my dark circles and doesn't sink into the lines. BUT, that's where the love stops.
After a little while, this sinks into my pores around my nose and cheeks and turns so oily!! My T-zone was a hot mess, powder doesn't help. I apply around 7:30 AM and by 4 PM, this is "gone" from my skin. This also transfers so bad--on my phone, on my hands, on my H, and that's probably why I find it "gone" from my face, it's on everything else!! I have to have a foundation that doesn't transfer.
I've tried various primers underneath and no primer at all, same results.
I did give the overall rating a "4". Colors are good, price is great, easy to apply, and from the other reviews here, people like it. It just didn't work for my skin. Will continue to use it under my eyes with another foundation for the rest of my face (Revlon Colorstay).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit: This is amazing. I am upping the lippies to 5. Bought PF's new super BB (beautiful-too dark), and Lumene's BB in light. It's okay. This is velvet-beautiful and perfect. $4? OMG. I bought 2 fair/light and 1 fair. I'm going back for another fair. Former snob? Well, yes. No line-Lancome, Clinique, Josie Maran or Stila can come close.

Since I liked Wet N Wild's TM (which was more of a foundation) I was interested to see what Coverall was about. It's great! Fair/light suits me well, NW20. As more of a TM girl, the first day I thought this went on rather thickly. It does. But, after blending and a spray of rosewater on my sponge, this sheers out to exactly where I want it to be-natural, semi-matte, and my dry cheeks are happy, as is my oily forehead and nose. I've returned so many foundations recently, because most I've picked up are yellow-gold. This one seems to be true to what it says-light, not too pink, not to yellow. I'm not trying to fake a tan here. For $4, oh yes! I do use moisturizer under it, and if it seems cakey, check your primer (mattifying?) but I see no need for primer with this great little drugstore find.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ewwww.... I have combo, dehydrated skin that tends to get fairly oily in the t-zone later in the day but this stuff turned me into an oil slick in less than 2 hours. A sticky, gooey, messy oil slick.
Initial application was ok, I guess. I used a damp sponge but it was still a little difficult to blend. I wasn't real fond of the finish either, I had applied it very thinly but it looked really heavy and cakey despite covering very very little. So, it pretty much failed right off the bat. 2 hours in and I had to get this stuff off my face, it felt horrible. Walked into the bathroom to wash it off and was surprised to see a face full of acne :/ I'm somewhat acne-prone but have never broken out this bad, even accidentally falling asleep in Revlon CS didn't screw my face up like this stuff did.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTeeHee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A most definite howly grail product! I was going on vacation with my sister, and I was running out of my bare minerals foundation. I didn't wanted to pack it because it would be too messy. I was just running into the store to find a concealer, but then I saw this for 4 bucks. I couldn't help but pick it up along with the powder. I didn't even look at the color (clumsy and lazy me). I bought my powder in medium which is WAY too dark for me. I bought this foundation in light. It is so perfect for my skin color. I was shocked. I didn't expect a lot from a 4 dollar foundation to be honest. I have quite a bit of acne on my forehead and the temple area pretty bad. I also have very little redness around my cheeks. My sister has pretty bad redness and blackheads. We both put this on (the tube is very hygienic to share) and we were both shocked. It was matte. We both have very oily skin. It covered up my acne and her redness all in one application. I didn't even have to use a concealer to cover up anything besides my under eye bags (I only get those when I don't get enough sleep). Then, I applied the powder very lightly. I could wear just the powder itself to coverup everything easily (if I didn't have any acne at the moment). I was traveling all day around Niagara falls and to museums, constantly taking pictures of everything. I got back after a 4 mile walk to the waterpark and an aquarium and my face make-up was perfect still. It looked like I had perfect skin! I hope this never will be discontinued. I will constantly use this everyday, and I have been. It's been a week and I still haven't used the whole thing up. (note: both me and my sister have been using this) you only need a small amount this has great coverage and it stays all day. There isn't a single con about it. Just so many pros. Great job wet n' wild, great job! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by CocoJuniper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an outstanding budget foundation. It's a dreamy creamy formula, not super-liquidy, but it will run out of the tube opening if you're not careful. The texture is smooth and creamy, and it blends beautifully. Coverage is medium plus. It looks and feels natural with just one layer and it easily covers redness and old acne scars, but active breakouts will probably need extra help. It doesn't sink into my pores. I have applied this with both a beauty blender and a buffing brush and it does well with both. I'm used to a lighter coverage foundation, so I prefer to use a damp beauty blender and sheer it out slightly. My skin is on the drier side of normal right now, and while this foundation dries down to a semi-matte finish, I don't find it overly drying or uncomfortable. It's not super long-lasting but it stays for a good 8 hours on me. Now for the shade. I have 815 Fair. For reference I have very light skin with yellow undertones (NC10, L'Oreal W1). Fair is a tiny bit dark and a little too neutral-toned for me. This face needs pure yellow, my friends. But with careful blending (not really that difficult with this foundation) Fair is definitely wearable. I doubt anyone but me can tell it's not perfect. It's not as pink as Revlon Colorstay in Ivory, which I cannot wear in public due to looking like a corpse, so there's that. Anyway, it's a very nice foundation and with so few good foundations for pale people at the drugstore, this one is definitely worth picking up to see if it works for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by aliyahlovesjesus

omg I'm gonna cry. this is great. I love this more than Revlon Colorstay. I found the perfect shade and it doesn't look cakey on my flaky skin like most foundations do. it's great and so cheap, it may be my holy grail :) the texture is really nice too, super creamy and blendable. wow it just amazes me how natural this looks- I even tried three layers. STILL LOOKED LIKE SKIN. previously I had actually given up on looking like I didn't have makeup on because every foundation would cake up on me due to my skin type. (Revlon CS for dry skin didn't do it too much but it felt really heavy and it would always dry out my skin.) It didn't break me out and I am suuuuuper acne prone. The coverage is medium but easily buildable. It has a great finish, not too matte, not dewy, just really natural. it held up really well on my oily spots too. I recommend this for all skin types!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by xxred5x

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

It seems there a lot who really loved this foundation, but for me it was a complete and utter failure. I do, admittedly, have quite dry skin. But this foundation sucked every bit of moisture out of my face like no other product I have ever experienced! It sunk into the fine lines around my eyes, aging me about 5 years in a day. My chin now, at the end of the day, is patchy, dry and flaky. Of course, it only cost like $4, so I really can't complaint too much..
Since this foundation was so terrible for me, I suspect it might work out pretty well for oily-skinned gals.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by differentnailseveryday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am LOVING this creme! The first time I used it I wasn't sure I would like it because it settled into my fine lines. The second time I used an off-brand beauty blender-damp and did the bouncy method. I fell in love then! It covers all of my imperfections without getting cakey, and it doesn't dry out my already dry skin. I use a BB cream under it just as a moisturizing base-but if you don't have overly dry skin it shouldn't be a problem for you. For the price you absolutely cannot beat it. I got two shades-817 and 818 because I wasn't sure which would work for me, but I am even going to keep them both to use for contouring-THAT takes practice but I don't mind using these to practice because they are so cheap and I don't feel like I am wasting it if I end up messing up. I would call the finish satin-but with a matte finishing powder I was able to pull off a matte look for 9+hours with very little "melting."

I would definitely recommend this creme for anyone-on a budget or not. Now my only fear is that they will DC it and I will have to hoard it.

Also-the availability could be better. One store has it, then the next only has the pressed powder (which I haven't tried). I cannot sing the praises of this product enough! I think it's worth the try for everyone-especially for the price :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I keep looking in the mirror, wondering why my skin looks so good and circles less dark. Oh.... I forgot... it because of this great foundation. A cream,in a squeeze tube, so easily dosed out , superb for travel and sanitary too.
It is simply amazing and so cheap.Wet and WIld has hit it out of the park with this one.If you can find a shade to match( and they are limited) you are good to go. There are so few cream foundations out there at an affordable price that its worth a try if you never used one.

EDIT: June 2013- Took a look at my Rimmel 24 hour foundation and it is super close to the Wet n Wild both in texture and coverage so its a good alternate if you cant get WnW.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Scruffy892

You ever have anything turn out to be so good you don't want to review it, lest you jinx it? I bought this stuff about a month ago and tossed it in my "to try on weekends" box. Just tried it today because of the reviews. (thanks you guys--this almost makes up for getting me to try that crappy Maybelline gel liner. Almost.) Well (and I tremble as I write this, cause the Makeup Gods have kind of had it in for me lately), this stuff is so good it almost brings tears to my eyes. I slapped it on today because I didn't know what else to wear. No primer, no moisturizer, no powder. It's been 8 plus hours. It looks better than when I put it on. It hasn't transferred much at all (which is almost unheard of for me). It hasn't sunk into poors, losing coverage and looking patchy--which a lot of longwearing makeups do with my dry skin...Only two things keep it from being total HG: Shade selection (I have fair/light--it's around NC 20 IMO) is small and the finish, while perfectly ok, doesn't do a whole lot to improve the textural flaws in my skin...

The positives:

-Thick, creamy, easy to work with, quick-drying but flexible for a few minutes
-Workable for both dry and moderately oily skins, IMO
-Longwearing without the usual barren powdered look
-Actually "sets" -- Does Not Need Powder!
-Amazing coverage. Medium plus if you just slap on one layer. Very close to full if you build.
-High quality even disregarding the price. I have tried $60 foundations that are a joke compared to this.

Now, I'm off to hoard this before you wenches beat me to it!

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No