Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Cream Foundation

water, cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, talc, butylene glycol, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, glycerin, phenyl trimethicone, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, propylene carbonate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, lecithin, chlorphenesin, 3-0-ethyl ascorbic acid, bisabol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, propylene glycol stearate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, tetrahhexyldecyl ascorbate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate, dimethiconol, sorbitan laurate, methylisothiazolinone, titanium dioxide/ci 77891, iron oxides/ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499

on 5/30/2013 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product yesterday and I know that is really early to review it, but I have worn it in the hot humid Illinois weather yesterday and today and I must say I am so far impressed. I really want to say WOW! I can't believe this is a cheapo drugstore product. It feels nice, not greasy. It has held up in 80+ degrees and under intense humidity. I noticed it does sweat, but it gotten to that gross oil spill stage. I know it is good when it covers my acne scars, acne and discoloration.....and it doesn't melt in my car that has no air conditioning (and a driver's side window that doesn't roll down). I have driven twice during the heat of the day wearing this stuff and I have been so impressed with it.

My only concern is that I have acne prone skin and I will have to wear this a few more times before I know if my skin reacts to it, but so far I have had no stinging or sensitivity issues. It doesn't feel overly heavy on my skin and has a nice matte finish, with a hint of dewiness. I believe it is described as "satin-matte". I think that is a good description.

My day to day foundation is Gerda Spillman cream foundation and I really like that, but I need something for the beach. I have To Faced BB cream and Garnier BB cream for oil to combo skin...which are good for different reasons, but aren't perfect. Thus, I knew I had to try Wet 'n Wild's Coverall to see if I liked it.....and so far I do. I think it will be a great foundation to take on vacation and ultimately to the beach. As long as this stuff doesn't make me explode in acne I think I will have to go buy some back-ups. I recommend giving this lil guy a try...if you hate it you are only out like $3.

I will update about the acne. If it doesn't give me acne I will give this bad boy 5 lippies....if I get acne I stills say it is a 4....just clearly not for me. :)

Update: Hasn't broken me out that I know of. I still get acne, but that is just my constant state of being. I don't believe this has caused any cystic acne or painful, abnormal product related acne breakouts.

So this product isn't perfect. It looks great when I first apply it, but if I don't set with powder it will sort of get eaten by my face after a few hours. I'm still going to give it 5 lippies because it works best of all DS foundations I have used and is perfect for me during the summer.

on 5/28/2013 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am currently low on funds and in desperate need of foundation since my Colorstay was on its last legs. I tend to only buy Colorstay but just can't right now and besides, I'm always looking for something a bit more natural looking (and cheaper). I have used NYC smooth skin foundation in the past but the last few bottles I bought have all oxidized terribly on me so I returned them and now its a no-go. All in all I am impressed with Wet n Wild Coverall. First off, I got a tube for a whole .99 cents since I had a coupon and it was on sale for 50% off at my local Giant grocery. They only carry 3 shades so I had to go with light. ( My skin is more fair/light -Colorstay Sand beige) There is not a huge selection of shades anyway but IMO they are a good match for the skin tones they coordinate with.The shades all look darker in the tube than on skin but light is still a bit dark for me, passable, but I think I have to wait till I slap on the fake tanner in the summer to use it up. I then bought 2 tubes of the fair/ light at Rite aid for bogo 50% (so about $3 a tube) figuring if it didn't work I'd return it. I really like it. I'm odd man out but I really like the tube, I just squeeze very gently, I actually get less product out of the tube than when I had to pour my other foundations out of the bottles. This stuff applies nicer than Colorstay, even though it seems to have a drier feel upon initial application. It is soo natural looking. It gives me medium coverage and I can build it up under my eyes and on my nose and chin. ( I don't use concealer) This looks like my real skin just better. I use less because it blends and matches seemlessly so I only have to put it on my problem areas and not my whole entire face. However, what is keeping me from a full 5 lipstick rating is the fact that it does not last as long as my Colorstay. I do have to blot and touch up a few times a day. I have not had it break down and disappear but I do get shine breakthrough. In high heat and humidity I'm a bit concerned but I will have to wait and see. I may go back to Milk of Magnesia as a primer to see if that helps. I do set this with homemade cornstarch/cocoa powder face powder (very absorbent - almost to dry when I use Colorstay) as I am so oily.

UPDATE 8/31/13- This is now my cheapy HG. I use lanacane anti-chafing gel as my primer and cornstarch/cocoa powder or talc powder as my setting powder and this lasts forever and looks natural. I've also switch to the fair/light shade. I need to blot/ touch up my powder maybe once a day in the high heat or if I've had a long day and and am then going out but other than that its perfect!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Overall, this is a good solid foundation but certainly not the best out there. For the price, you get a decent quality full coverage foundation. My #1 reason why I do like this foundation is that even though this is full coverage, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. Other full coverage foundation that I've tried and found very heavy were Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder Double Wear. My second reason why I like this foundation is that it doesn't clog my pores or break me out. My skin is oily, clog prone and reactive with occasional hormonal acne so finding a foundation that works for me is a painful task. My third reason why I like this foundation is that it has great oil control. Lastly, I was able to find a decent (not spot on) but decent color match with Medium-Tan. I'm these shades in the following: MAC NC40-42 (summer), Urban Decay 6.0, Chanel 040 and MUFE Mat Velvet+ 55.

These are the reasons why this foundation falls short from being HG.
The first reason is the lack of staying power. Even though it does give good oil control, by the 5th hour of wear, it starts to break down and appear patchy. The second reason is that because this is a cream consistency foundation, it does cake in my fine lines around the eye area and lips. I find that I need to blend those areas w/ a qtip during the day. Lastly, I really hate the tube opening. Why such a huge hole? You have to be careful when squeezing product out or else it will come out in huge blobs.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My thoughts mirror missmanic's...this is hands-down one of (if not the absolute) BEST drugstore foundations I've ever used. This has quickly become my everyday foundation. I have the shade 815 which is PERFECT for my neutral-fair skintone (seriously, this foundation doesn't run too orange or too blue at all!) I have oily skin and sandwich this foundation between primer and translucent powder, and while the oil does break through eventually, the makeup doesn't disintegrate and slide off of my face like most cream foundations do. I kind of just get dewy. It might not be the longest-wearing foundation (though it does hold up well in the Florida heat and humidity), but it wears so beautifully and naturally for a med-to-full coverage (drugstore!!) foundation that I don't see the wear time as a disappointment in the least. One note about the packaging : while I love the convenient and sanitary squeeze tube, I find that it's very easy to squeeze out A LOT, and if I don't keep the tube cap-up the foundation will bubble out when I open it. A little wasteful if you're not careful, but certainly still completely worth the <$4 it costs to try this amazing product! Definitely repurchasing.

on 5/25/2013 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a DS gem. I have extremely fair skin. Finding face products pale enough for me is usually a struggle. 815 (the lightest shade available) matches my skin better than my high end foundations/bb creams/tinted moisturizers. My mom kept commenting on how "natural" it looked on my skin and how it didn't have any yellow/beige/orangey tones that can make my skin look off. I wore this over MAC Prep & Prime SPF 50 (the old version) and set it with Blot Powder.

I'm extremely oily, and while my oil *did* break through, it was nothing excessive or quicker/more so than usual. It was horribly humid and hot on the day I decided to wear this, and I was surprised how great my skin still looked at the end of my day. I only noticed some very slight cracking/build up where my "frown lines" are constantly moving between my eyebrows.

My skin isn't terrible, but I do have some active acne and discoloration from old marks. This evened out my skin tone without being mask like or looking like I was wearing heavy foundation. I have very dark under eye circles, and I still needed my usual concealer, but that is expected with any face product I use.

For less than $4 at Harmon, this is an amazing steal. If you're fair skinned and find this too dark for you, make sure you are picking up 815, and not the 2 shades above it. Some stores don't have the entire range of shades.

on 5/25/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is not a bad product at all, especially for the 3.99 price tag. The medium shade matched my skin tone quite nicely and the creamy texture didn't overly emphasize my dry spots. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin nor did it clog my pores and cause breakouts. It does have a slight chemically smell which really didn't bother me too much. When I first tried this foundation I loved it because of the consistency and price. However, when I really needed it to COVER ALL, it sort of let me down. I have eczema and tend to get redness in some areas and this product didn't do the trick in concealing the redness. I also find that you have to work with it really fast so that it blends evenly. It also feels a bit sticky and heavy on the skin. I tried using it as a concealer by dotting it a bit more heavily on small spots and that tends to do the trick. I feel as though the product isn't as pigmented. But, as a foundation to throw in my purse for occasional touch ups, I would definitely repurchase.

on 5/23/2013 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the shade in medium which surprisingly matched my skin well. I rarely have luck with limited color choices. It comes in a squeeze tube with a cap which I had to be careful as a lot came out the first time I used it. Now I make sure to squeeze gently and a nickel sized amount was good enough for my whole face. It dries quickly and blends well without being streaky, though it can exaggerate dry areas. I can see this being perfect for those with oily skin. It doesn't feel cakey or feel like I am wearing foundation which is a plus. It also had great staying power for me and my face gets pretty oily during the summer. I still like Covergirl's 3-in-1 slightly better, but this is my backup when I run out of that one. It controls shine for me, so need for me to buy a powder to curb any oiliness. I am very impressed and payed less than four bucks for this which is way cheaper than my Covergirl foundation. Worth a shot in my opinion.

on 5/20/2013 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was so excited to try this, when I discovered them at my local grocery store, I bought two. My shade is the next to the lightest, and it happens to be a perfect match! It does not go orange or oxidize. I like it much better than Colorstay, it seems to last as long and mattify, but without the awful mask-like feeling. Yes, the tube is annoying, so I store it with the cap up. You squeeze a little, and it just keeps coming. I use my ELF stippling brush, and just lightly touch the end of the tube. A tiny drop is plenty for your whole face. It looks natural, lasts all day, and I still feel like my skin can breathe through it. What more could you want? Oh yeah, it's dirt cheap. My new favorite, and I will repurchase again and again.

on 5/20/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I feel compelled to give Coverall a score of five, because it's really better than a four.

I'm something of a makeup snob, so I rarely buy drugstore cosmetics, but Coverall got such good reviews, and costs so little that I figured I had little to lose.

I am 48 years old, and have *extremely * oily skin, with some fairly light acne scarring. Therefore, I do need moderate coverage, but I don’t like a heavy look or feel.

To my pleased surprise, Coverall suits my needs very well. The lightest shade, Fair, is a nearly perfect match for my NW15 skin. For some reason, this seems to be the scarcest shade; the lightest offered on EBay was the next shade up,Fair/Light, which was too dark and orange-ish for me.

Fortunately, the local Walgreens had my shade. The packaging is no-frills, and the product does tend to gush out of the container, but I can live with that.

Applied with a damp Beauty Blender, over Hourglass Mineral Veil primer, Coverall blends easily into my skin with a seamless look. To maximize coverage, I stipple the foundation by “bouncing” my Beauty Blender on my face. Applied in this way, Coverall does an excellent job of blurring my skin’s various imperfections, though I still use a few dabs of concealer here and there. Unless you look *very* closely, it's not possible to tell that I'm even wearing foundation, and I LOVE that! Coverall also resists the greasies admirably.

I finish with translucent powder, and even my oil-slick face looks smooth, even-toned, and reasonably matte for at least a few hours.

Coverall is inexpensive (< $5), high-performing, and is made by a cruelty-free company. It’s not my “dream” foundation, but it’s pretty darned close! I’ll keep buying this as long as it’s available.

on 5/19/2013 10:40:00 PM

Pretty good!!! the packaging kinda sucks though only because it comes out quickly and is quite messy lol. But suprisingly the color almost matches my shade, being that i have an olive skin tone its hard to find a decent match but this ones actually pretty good!!! the coverage is ok too, another bargain buy!!! definitely worth it!