Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Cream Foundation

4.1

water, cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, talc, butylene glycol, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, glycerin, phenyl trimethicone, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, propylene carbonate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, lecithin, chlorphenesin, 3-0-ethyl ascorbic acid, bisabol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, propylene glycol stearate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, tetrahhexyldecyl ascorbate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate, dimethiconol, sorbitan laurate, methylisothiazolinone, titanium dioxide/ci 77891, iron oxides/ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499

on 5/20/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I feel compelled to give Coverall a score of five, because it's really better than a four.

I'm something of a makeup snob, so I rarely buy drugstore cosmetics, but Coverall got such good reviews, and costs so little that I figured I had little to lose.

I am 48 years old, and have *extremely * oily skin, with some fairly light acne scarring. Therefore, I do need moderate coverage, but I don’t like a heavy look or feel.

To my pleased surprise, Coverall suits my needs very well. The lightest shade, Fair, is a nearly perfect match for my NW15 skin. For some reason, this seems to be the scarcest shade; the lightest offered on EBay was the next shade up,Fair/Light, which was too dark and orange-ish for me.

Fortunately, the local Walgreens had my shade. The packaging is no-frills, and the product does tend to gush out of the container, but I can live with that.

Applied with a damp Beauty Blender, over Hourglass Mineral Veil primer, Coverall blends easily into my skin with a seamless look. To maximize coverage, I stipple the foundation by “bouncing” my Beauty Blender on my face. Applied in this way, Coverall does an excellent job of blurring my skin’s various imperfections, though I still use a few dabs of concealer here and there. Unless you look *very* closely, it's not possible to tell that I'm even wearing foundation, and I LOVE that! Coverall also resists the greasies admirably.

I finish with translucent powder, and even my oil-slick face looks smooth, even-toned, and reasonably matte for at least a few hours.

Coverall is inexpensive (< $5), high-performing, and is made by a cruelty-free company. It’s not my “dream” foundation, but it’s pretty darned close! I’ll keep buying this as long as it’s available.

on 5/19/2013 10:40:00 PM

Pretty good!!! the packaging kinda sucks though only because it comes out quickly and is quite messy lol. But suprisingly the color almost matches my shade, being that i have an olive skin tone its hard to find a decent match but this ones actually pretty good!!! the coverage is ok too, another bargain buy!!! definitely worth it!

on 5/19/2013 5:48:00 PM

Love this foundation! I have been looking for HG status for a while now I've tried it all! I usually prefer cream compacts especially in the winter but gave this a try based on reviews here. I am very fair and found the fairest shade to work but the selection isn't great and it tends to run dark. I love the creamy texture and the coverage is amazing! It covers everything! I would not think those with dry skin would like the matte finish of this product. I do caution you about the tube tons of product comes out and you only need a tiny amount so beware. Typically I stay away from WnW face products but this one is a winner!

on 5/18/2013 5:58:00 PM

I am in awe of how much I truly love this foundation. I was excited to purchase it after reading all of the rave reviews on MUA. Let me tell you, I am not disappointed. The color range leaves a lot to be desired, however, if you find your match you'll never need another full coverage foundation again. The finish is matte and it fills in pores and makes skin look NATURALLY flawless. It doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup, yet my face looks perfect. It covers imperfections so well that 90% of the time I don't even need any concealer after I apply it. I say this as a woman who has a few deep, embarrassing acne scars on her cheeks. THINK ABOUT IT. I have a deep rooted fear that this may get discontinued and if it does I will sob and plead with WnW. At about $4, and its an absolute gem.

on 5/17/2013 11:02:00 PM

I love love love this foundation! I have fair skin with extremely red cheeks--almost translucent like skin. The smallest amount literally covered my imperfections and made my skin almost have a light glow to it. I've been using an expensive airbrush style makeup, but this is hands down 100% more amazing. It lasted though an intense work out and whole 9hr work day :) I will definitely buy again!!

on 5/16/2013 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

It took me a while to figure out how to use this foundation. I do have combination/dry skin and when I first put the foundation using my fingers, I hated it. It got cakey in about 4 hours. After a few trial and error, I highly recommend using a brush (I use the ELF professional powder brush - with the flat top) and as little product as you can. It is a cream foundation and has medium coverage which I think ends there. I'm sure you can build it up, but it always gets cakey on me when I put the 2nd/3rd layer. For the price, I will repurchase it but it won't be on on top of my list.

on 5/16/2013 9:40:00 AM

I never thought I'd actually take the time to rave online about a drugstore foundation. But this stuff is awesome!

Currently in my personal collection I have MAC studio sculpt, Tarte smooth operator, illamasqua skin base, smashbox studio skin, MAC mineralize moisture, and Kat Von D lock it tattoo foundation.

I like Wet n Wilds coverall cream foundation more than all of those! And those are all over 30$! I decided to pick this up after seeing so many rave reviews online. I hadn't purchased a drugstore foundation in years because I've had the worst luck with them. But this was only 3.99, so I figured I wouldn't have much to lose.

This product is so creamy and pigmented, with a semi-matte finish. I have dry skin but now that its getting warmer outside, I prefer semi-matte finishes for summer over dewy finishes. In the summer dewy foundations slide right off my face. This makes my skin look so smooth and poreless. Can be cakey if you apply too much, but that pretty much goes for any foundation. I've only applied with a damp beauty blender so I can't say how a brush would work, my skin is usually too dry for buffing with brushes. This also looks great on me after an 8 hour shift, no fading or greasiness.

I am very fair but could not find the fairest shade anywhere! Had to get the second lightest, which is 816 fair/light. It's too dark though so I had to purchase 815 Fair on Amazon. So pleased with this product. Only place I could find them was at Rite Aid. Hands down the best foundation the drug store has to offer.

on 5/13/2013 5:18:00 PM

this foundation leaves my skin looking like skin, flawless skin..and I'm extremely surprised I got a dead on match, considering the rage of colors..easy to dispense, goes on smooth, blends evenly, medium coverage, can't ask for more at dirt cheap drugstore price!

on 5/12/2013 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I tried this out because I heard it was full coverage and a matte finish, which I like. I also heard that the color sets like 3 shades darker. I bought medium/tan, I also got the coverall powder medium/tan. But for me, the color was true to how it looked in the bottle, and it didnt get darker. I love how this goes on so smooth (i use a primer first), and a little goes a loong way and it gives really good coverage. It dries matte pretty fast which is so amazing for oily skin! It lasts like 4-5 hrs before I had to blot, but thats because of the humid climate. Overall, great full coverage for oily prone skin!

on 5/9/2013 2:27:00 PM

I first used this a couple months ago and was very impressed. Really great coverage, the fair shade is actually light enough for me, and it goes on smoothly and blends well. I'm always on the lookout for the best foundation out there so I've strayed a bit from this. I tried Kat Von D's foundation, NARS sheer glow, and Lorac Natural Performance foundation lately and I actually prefer Coverall over any of these! And it's only like $3-4!