October 25, 2014 | 1555 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyLynne87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Smells good, and is very creamy. After a little while on my lips, it doesn't feel like I am wearing anything at all. My lips don't feel dry, just normal and healthy. Does not have any flavor, like the EOS lip balms do, and the smell does not transfer to the lips, so if smells bother you this shouldn't be a problem. Overall this is a nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great lip product! Not too heavy so it's great for warmer weather. It is not meant for intense lip repair, so if you're mouth is cracked to the high heavens save this for when things get a little better. The raspberry one smells delicious and the smell doesn't transfer to your mouth. It's a smooth, almost whipped formula that goes on smooth. It's never turned my lips white and I have very pigmented lips. Yes, it has petroleum. That's the best protectant for your skin. It's not meant to absorb, but to protect your features so they don't lose additional moisture. A few minutes applying my lips feel normal. Not wet, certainly not dry. It's also a great smoothing lipstick base.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by shainalam

I bought this after seeing Ingrid's (MissGlamorazzi) videos that included this. I normally have decently chapped lips. I'm very picky about what I put on my lips. Some lip balms are too greasy and slippery and some may make my lips peel. When I find a good lip balm, I go waaayy overboard with use. I found this at Rite Aid for $4 which shocked me because that is quite expensive for a lip balm but I had a $4 off coupon so I got one in Vanilla Macadamia Nut and one in Raspberry Kiss. After i bought it, I went to my car and put it on right away! The packaging kind of confused me because the cap doesn't screw on; it just covers it if that makes sense? Also, I'm more of a stick or tube lip balm kind of person. I feel like having it in this container is non-hygienic and I hate the feeling of products on my fingers. I have been using the Vanilla Macadamia Nut one for a few days now and I LOVE it. I use it all day every day, even at night. My lips would feel so soft and moisturized in the morning. I even use this before I shovel snow outside to keep my lips from drying and cracking. Overall, i love this product and will most likely be purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I often mention I have a dry skin condition in my reviews because I have little to no function in any of my moisture glands-if something helps me that says something.

My lips have been a particular problem for a decade. I produce no natural moisture barrier on them any longer and when left bare even momentarily, they're painful, sore, burn, then peel and crack. Its not as glam as I make it sound. All the usual suspects have come and gone as they've failed to help but I try new things and rely on certain balms I know won't make things worse. This winter I've also had angular chelitis(sp) the painful, chronic cracking at the corners of my mouth due to the lack of moisture barrier and vitamin deficiency also caused by my med condition. I suffered from Oct till Feb with little to no improvement though supplemets have helped a bit. But comfort wise? Nothing helped me feel better till this.

I only have the Vanilla Macedamia so I will only be reviewing that. Its a thick white cream in a small tin. It reminds me very much in both scent and texture of the much higher priced little tins of shea butter by L'Occitane but for the sheen on the Nivea product. There is almost the same gently sweet but not cloying, butter-creamiess to it. Unlike some lip products in a tin, think Rosebud Salve, this isn't a thin, almost oily substance. Its rich and for me, immediately soothing, comforting.

But the big surprise was my not having to reapply ten thousand times a day as I do with most lip products because they wear off and again, I can't go without a balm on my lips.

Its partly yes that the thicker viscosity helps it to last longer, as it wears off it still provides "slip," so you still feel its on even if the layer is by then virtually undetectable. Additionally it soothes my lips enough so they can go bare a little bit here and there, just minutes for now, but still.
I misplaced my little tin and have not gone out due to blizzard conditions so am in a bit of a panic! Its been 2 days almost and I'm back suffering though less than before and even with my vitamins the corners of my mouth are cracking yet again. I'm going to stock up, word of warning by virtue of my liking a product it will likely be discontinued! Lol, am going to try the other flavors/scents but have only seen this in one store and only 2 scents.

Hope this is a perm nivea product, I trust the line, my family has used it for generations. Despite some not liking the tin, I use clean hands and when out use my germ killer. The tin is easy to open unlike Burts Bees tins or the aforementioned Rosebud Salve. Now if I could only find mine!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by KitKatKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have the raspberry one. My lips have been really dry for the past few weeks - pregnancy and the cold British weather have wrecked havoc on my lips. After trying several balms and still having sore, dry, cracked and peeling lips, I decided to try this. The scent is lovely (like raspberry) and when applied there is a *very* subtle pink hue to my lips. It doesn't feel sticky or tacky or greasy on my lips at all. Instantly my lips feel softer and soothed. I apply this usually at night time and when I wake up, my lips are in much better condition. I've used this for about a week now and my lips are no longer peeling or bleeding or cracked. It gives a subtle sheen to the lips and makes them look moist and supple. It's affordable too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by projectRun

This product is my holy grail and a hunt it was to find it! I use to jump from different lip products such as the Rose Bud Salve, EOS, Soft lips, carmax, blistex and I have to say the Nivea Lip Butter wins my heart. I have a problem with dry lips as I have my entire life. It gets to the point where it is constantly peeling and it's just gross to the point where applying lipsticks was a no no due to how chapped they were. Many of the products I have used in the past have simply only added a layer of the product onto my lips and as soon as it wore off, my lips were being back to chapped and possibly even worse than what I started with! However the Nivea Lip Butter does not just sit on top of your lips but they actually absorb the product. I noticed a difference in my lips after a day. It has a texture of a creamy substance and the smell of it is absolutely wonderful. So far, I have tried the Vanilla & Macadamia one, it smells delicious similar to warm vanilla sugar! The package is adorable, a small tin can. Although the tin can does throw me off a little because of the idea of digging my fingers in it seems unsanitary to me. It has been a week since I been using the product and my lips have been softer than ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by denns

These are wonderful! I have the three scented ones and they taste/smell just as good as everyone says. Raspberry has a tart raspberry smoothie scent, caramel smells just like caramel popcorn and the vanilla scent is a creamy, nutty vanilla (although the macadamia isn't too strong). I usually have trouble diligently using lip balms, but these taste so good that I'm always looking for an excuse to put them on. I'm not the biggest fan of the raspberry (its a little tart for my liking), but I keep it in my car and use it occasionally.

These lip butters are VERY hydrating. I really hate gimmicky lip products that taste/smell nice but don't do much for the lips. These are manufactured in Germany (not Mexico like many Nivea products in the US are) and very well made. Hopefully they come out with a convienient stick formula with these scents - I dont love dipping my finger into a pot but it's not the worst. Overall I definitely recommend these, especially the sweeter scents to anyone loves foodie or sweet scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by kennaem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After a long search, I finally found these at my CVS. I bought the three scented ones and the raspberry one is my favorite. It smells EXACTLY like Swedish Fish! Which are my favorite candy. Overall I LOVE them!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by thea214

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's alright. Average. The Raspberry one smells sort of like blueberry Jolly Ranchers. The lid is easy to take off. I just don't like how it leaves my lips whitish. Anyway, it works like any other lip butter/treatment

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Biggest…letdown…ever :( I hate to be the downer here, but I just did not like this product. Maybe my expectations were just too high, but this didn’t look or perform as well as I wanted it to. But first for the positives- the little tin is just charming, and you get a lot of product for the price. And the smell is divine- I have the Raspberry Rose, and whoever said that it smells/tastes like raspberry ‘Mamba’ candy hit the nail on the head, because that was immediately what I thought of, too! But now for the negatives- I don’t like the opaque-ish milky pink color. No matter how little I apply it still looks too white/pale/uneven on my lips. So that limits its use to a nightly treatment for me. It makes my lips feel soft and moisturized as long as its on my lips, but it doesn’t really have any lasting benefits for me. Granted, its not bad, and its not drying or anything, but I just expected something ‘more’. I can easily think of at least a half-dozen other nightly lip treatments I prefer to this one. I am glad it worked well for others (and it has good ingredients that my lips usually love) but it just didn’t come together for me. I bought the Vanilla & Macadamia scent/flavor as well, but most likely I’ll sell/swap/give it away, as I doubt the formula & performance would differ. I bought these at CVS (in the skin care aisle) for 2.50 a piece on sale, which was a reasonable price, though I would not purchase again.