August 1, 2014 | 1952 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by cendana

Applies white if not careful and if too thickly, but I like using a cotton tip to apply this and really roll the tip to every crook and cranny and crevices of my lips. So far has been helping my lips stay moisturised and bye bye chapping/peeling/bleeding lips!

They sit comfortably with a slip, a grip, but not overly sticky or disgusting. They almost like a treatment feel on the lips, I like using this at night time or at home, and under lipsticks.

Have this in unscented and vanilla/macadamia. The vanilla/macadamia is surprisingly a new favourite now despite it having a scent, but the scent does not linger much or up-your-nose too much. Which is great.

Keeps the lips ready to be kissed! Thumbs up!

For those worry about it being pure/natural, this is not marketed as such. So if you are concerned about it, this does contain Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Castor Oil.
Titanium dioxide (Cl 77891) as the white colorant in the Unscented, and Iron oxide (Cl 77492) as the yellow colorant in the Vanilla/Macadamia.

Both contain Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) and Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii Butter), for those interested.

Giving it the thumbs up just because for its price and its value range, can't really complain much. It softens my lips and I am enjoying the emollient consistency of both flavours.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Edit on 2/1/2013: After using this for a week, its reached HG status. My dry lips are plumped out and healthy. And the smell and feel make it fun to use!

This is a great lip butter with a gorgeous texture and smell. I have the raspberry rose lip balm and it is sheer but lightens lips just a teeny bit. It can look white/waxy if too much is used. It also gives a healthy sheen as mentioned in the review below, nowhere close to a gloss but very natural and quite lovely. I hope they bring out tinted lip butters next. I find it more moisturising than my revlon lip butter.

I use my HG Burts bees lip balm first and then apply this on top to seal in the moisture. My terribly dry, chapped lips are looking moisturised and healthy, which is quite rare for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up 2 (vanilla/macadamia and raspberry rose kiss) at CVS in the lotion isle where you would find the small Nivea travel tins of lotion. They were priced at $3.79 (I believe) which is a bit expensive for some lip butter in a tin can, however they were on sale for 2 for $5 at the time.

The scent of both are very pleasant. The vanilla & macadamia smells a little fake/plasic-y vanilla (but what do we expect?). With that said it is still nice. Neither of these have a taste which is ok to me but as pleasant as they smell you'd almost expect them too when they are on your lips.

The vanilla/macadamia is a white/cream colored product, while the raspberry one is a light pink color. Depending how much you put on and the color of your natural lips this can leave a white-ish or pink-ish layer on your lips...especially if your natural lip color is darker. They both are very sheer when you put it on so the slight white or pink color is fine to me because it seems to eventually sink in. Unless it put on a lot it (the color) is hardly noticeable. It leaves your lips looking moisturized, not glossy like a shiny gloss. It does give a sheen to your lips like a thin balm would (or Vaseline).

The feeling when applied is very smooth and light. Isn't sticky like a gloss. I would more compare the feeling to Vaseline on your lips. If you're the type of person who likes to wear a balm or some type of moisturizing product on your lips overnight like I do from time to time then you might enjoy this for nighttime as well. I find it stays on the entire night and leaves my lips feeling smooth. I do notice that this does stay on longer than Maybelline Baby Lips which tends to wear right off. This product might be ideal to wear over lipstick that may be too drying to your lips.

Overall, this product is okay. I'm not crazy about it and I am not too sure I'd repurchase since there are other things out there just as good and for less I'm sure. I have been carrying one in my purse and it does fine. Though this is not something I'd take in a beach bag or somewhere it would be in the heat since that could cause it to melt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Picked up the raspberry one & I love it's hydrating / moisturizing / protective enough for my chapped winter lips & smells like a jelly bean. Lasting power is decent. Performs better than Korres Lip Butter or Chapstik (I still plan on trying Nuxe's balm). The tin is not the most secure- would not let this float freely in my handbag. Will definitely repurchase, probably sooner rather than later, my husband keeps trying to swipe mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Keltonbuddy18

AMAZING PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a lip balm obsession so I had to get this. It instantly moisturized my lips. My other lip balm wasn't cutting it. this is a life saver product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had to hunt these down. Walmart and Giant grocery didn't carry them. I finally found them in CVS in the new item section but the display is pretty small and I walked right by the first time. They were not in the regular lip care section.
I do like these but I'm not totally head over heels like most of the other reviewers. I like that the tin is thinner than most butters but the diameter is larger. This way I get just as much product but can fit it in my pocket. The lid does not feel super secure though so I'm hesitant to throw it in my tote bag. The rave reviews and sale price convinced me to buy all three scented ones.
I have not opened the raspberry one yet but I did try the other two. The caramel was a little of a let down for me. I love a warm sweet caramel and I didn't think this product smelled like that at all. Its more of a nutty smell with a slightly perfume smell underneath. The vanilla macadamia is also a nutty smell with a slight hint of vanilla. Its an understated vanilla that is nicer than most. These are scented enough to smell when applying but not heavily scented and I couldn't smell the scent when on my lips. I was disappointed that they have NO FLAVOR/TASTE; I've used butter type products before that actually taste good and seeing these described as flavors made me think that they would taste as good as they smell. I think the formula is decent, but not really quite as rich as I would like. They are little more opaque and thicker in the pot than Rosebud lip salve but not a lot. They contain petrolatum
and have a consistency once on lips that reminds me once again of a less greasy/goopey version of Rosebud salve.
They do seem to sink in and be fairly moisturizing (I didn't notice any magical immediate results but plan to use overnight and update) and since they are not as goopey or thick as some lip tin products they probably work well to moisturize lips under color though the oils may make your lip color not last as long. UPDATE: I decided that I will not repurchase. This product helped my chapped lips a little but not nearly as well as aquaphor at night or even my smackers dr. pepper balm. I also realized what another reviewer complained about, when I apply this I need a mirror because any but the lightest application leaves a white film on my lips. Wish the balms were tinted a rosy color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is a miracle in a pocket-sized tin!!
I've been looking for it since I first heard that Nivea was releasing them. I finally found them today in my local CVS. I was also happy to find out they were on sale for only $2.50 as opposed to their regular price of $3.99. I just got the regular, unscented one because I already have so many scented lip balms. For the last couple weeks, I've had this weird dry/chapped spot on my lips. I've been using a lip scrub and various lip balms, but nothing really helped. If anything, the lip balms I used gave me the urge to pick at it more. I read rave reviews here about this lip butter so I definitely needed to try it for this dry patch. The consistency of this product is really thick and creamy. Not at all greasy. It's unlike any lip balm I've ever tried. And it lasts on lips for quite a while. With just one use, it helped my dry patch immensely! It's practically gone now! It's truly incredible. I would definitely recommend this and repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic product! I got the vanilla and macadamia one and it is soooo creamy and the scent is gentle, pure and heavenly, not sweet and cloying. The product has no taste or color, just smoothness and shine. Not sticky in any way. Extremely moisturizing. Also makes a wonderful cuticle cream! Multipurpose item, very very nice! Most definitely will be getting more. Eager to try the other scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My husband scored on these even when they werent on display and got the samples. I am so glad he did because this stuff is awesome. Ive opened up only the raspberry and rose so far. It smells lovely of sweet raspberry and has a creamy balm consistancy. It leaves a nice slightly shimmery pink balmy coating on the lips and doesnt easily wear off. I absolutely adore this stuff and i will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I have the macadamia nut one and it's heavenly. I just want to eat it straight out of the tub...but I refrain from doing so. ;)

It's a very thick, creamy texture that glides onto my lips and hydrates instantly. I use this every morning after my shower while I apply my makeup. It works great alone or under lipstick.

Will definitely be trying the other flavors soon.