July 22, 2014 | 2050 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Picked up the raspberry one & I love it's hydrating / moisturizing / protective enough for my chapped winter lips & smells like a jelly bean. Lasting power is decent. Performs better than Korres Lip Butter or Chapstik (I still plan on trying Nuxe's balm). The tin is not the most secure- would not let this float freely in my handbag. Will definitely repurchase, probably sooner rather than later, my husband keeps trying to swipe mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Keltonbuddy18

AMAZING PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a lip balm obsession so I had to get this. It instantly moisturized my lips. My other lip balm wasn't cutting it. this is a life saver product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had to hunt these down. Walmart and Giant grocery didn't carry them. I finally found them in CVS in the new item section but the display is pretty small and I walked right by the first time. They were not in the regular lip care section.
I do like these but I'm not totally head over heels like most of the other reviewers. I like that the tin is thinner than most butters but the diameter is larger. This way I get just as much product but can fit it in my pocket. The lid does not feel super secure though so I'm hesitant to throw it in my tote bag. The rave reviews and sale price convinced me to buy all three scented ones.
I have not opened the raspberry one yet but I did try the other two. The caramel was a little of a let down for me. I love a warm sweet caramel and I didn't think this product smelled like that at all. Its more of a nutty smell with a slightly perfume smell underneath. The vanilla macadamia is also a nutty smell with a slight hint of vanilla. Its an understated vanilla that is nicer than most. These are scented enough to smell when applying but not heavily scented and I couldn't smell the scent when on my lips. I was disappointed that they have NO FLAVOR/TASTE; I've used butter type products before that actually taste good and seeing these described as flavors made me think that they would taste as good as they smell. I think the formula is decent, but not really quite as rich as I would like. They are little more opaque and thicker in the pot than Rosebud lip salve but not a lot. They contain petrolatum
and have a consistency once on lips that reminds me once again of a less greasy/goopey version of Rosebud salve.
They do seem to sink in and be fairly moisturizing (I didn't notice any magical immediate results but plan to use overnight and update) and since they are not as goopey or thick as some lip tin products they probably work well to moisturize lips under color though the oils may make your lip color not last as long. UPDATE: I decided that I will not repurchase. This product helped my chapped lips a little but not nearly as well as aquaphor at night or even my smackers dr. pepper balm. I also realized what another reviewer complained about, when I apply this I need a mirror because any but the lightest application leaves a white film on my lips. Wish the balms were tinted a rosy color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is a miracle in a pocket-sized tin!!
I've been looking for it since I first heard that Nivea was releasing them. I finally found them today in my local CVS. I was also happy to find out they were on sale for only $2.50 as opposed to their regular price of $3.99. I just got the regular, unscented one because I already have so many scented lip balms. For the last couple weeks, I've had this weird dry/chapped spot on my lips. I've been using a lip scrub and various lip balms, but nothing really helped. If anything, the lip balms I used gave me the urge to pick at it more. I read rave reviews here about this lip butter so I definitely needed to try it for this dry patch. The consistency of this product is really thick and creamy. Not at all greasy. It's unlike any lip balm I've ever tried. And it lasts on lips for quite a while. With just one use, it helped my dry patch immensely! It's practically gone now! It's truly incredible. I would definitely recommend this and repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic product! I got the vanilla and macadamia one and it is soooo creamy and the scent is gentle, pure and heavenly, not sweet and cloying. The product has no taste or color, just smoothness and shine. Not sticky in any way. Extremely moisturizing. Also makes a wonderful cuticle cream! Multipurpose item, very very nice! Most definitely will be getting more. Eager to try the other scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My husband scored on these even when they werent on display and got the samples. I am so glad he did because this stuff is awesome. Ive opened up only the raspberry and rose so far. It smells lovely of sweet raspberry and has a creamy balm consistancy. It leaves a nice slightly shimmery pink balmy coating on the lips and doesnt easily wear off. I absolutely adore this stuff and i will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I have the macadamia nut one and it's heavenly. I just want to eat it straight out of the tub...but I refrain from doing so. ;)

It's a very thick, creamy texture that glides onto my lips and hydrates instantly. I use this every morning after my shower while I apply my makeup. It works great alone or under lipstick.

Will definitely be trying the other flavors soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by chococatbeauty79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a great product.....that's if you can find it....This is WAY BETTER than their lip balm.....thicker and lasts longer and more moisturizing....Their "Kiss of___" lip balms makes the skin on my lips peel... This moisturizes them. I brought mines at Rite-aid, btw....they weren't at any of the CVS's in my city....and the display at Rite-aid only had two other tins left....I chose the Vanilla & Macadamia one....as soon as you rip off the wrapping...the smell comes out at you....Love it!...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by RAIDERGIRL926

I love these!!! Vanilla & Macadamia smells so good!! Kept my lips soft and smooth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I bought a few of these in Caramel Creme Kiss and Raspberry Rose Kiss. I have to say, based on how they feel and moisturize I love these more than Korres lip butter. These give your lips instant moisture and a subtle shine. And it feels so nice, like a true lip butter. The scents smell real and not fake at all. They aren't too sweet smelling and have no taste. If they come out with tinted lip butters, I'd buy those too.