Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

on 3/20/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I know this product has been out in Europe for a lot longer than in the US. In the US, we just got it in stores. I've seen it in CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Rite Aid.
Nivea's lip butter is what I expected a lip butter to be (not like Revlon lip butters... to me those are not really... "buttery" for a lack of better words). Anyway, the product comes in a circular tin that looks like Burt's Bees hand salve or their cuticle cream. However, the tin is bigger than Burt's Bees. It's also a lot easier for some reason. I know a lot of people would cringe at the thought of having a lip balm that you have to dip your finger to take out and apply, but I know that is not a problem for others. Personally, I do not mind. I ended up purchasing Vanilla and Macadamia Kiss during a sale at one of the stores I mentions (I cannot remember which, to be honest). The smell is really comforting. It smells like actual vanilla (like... Breyer's vanilla bean ice cream rather than Bath and Body Work's warm vanilla sugar, if that helps with what I mean) and it does have a little nutty smell to add to the homeliness and comfort. I notice that the smell lasts maybe about a half hour or so. I know there is a caramel creme, raspberry rose, and original; however, I've only seen the raspberry rose and the vanilla. When you open the tin, it is a white milky color and it applies clear (at least... the vanilla does). It does feel a bit heavier on the lips (feel like there is product) and doesn't dissipate for a while... even after eating or drinking. Having this on my lips make them really soft. Once on the lips, it reminds me of their tube lip balms (the kiss of ______ lip balms). On the plus side, I haven't really felt it move or spread all over my mouth. I do not mind the heaviness of the lip balm; it is something I actually prefer. Also, there is no taste to the lip balm.
The prices varies for different stores. I've seen it anywhere from $2.99 to $3.79. I think that's a bit pricey for lip balms. However, there the same price as the tube lip balms (if they're a different price, it's maybe $0.10 different... but I have seen them marked as the same price). The tubes contain 0.17 oz or 4.8 g. These tins contain 0.59 oz or 16.7 g! They're about triple and half in product! I think that the tins are definitely the better deal (although, the tubes do have more variations and are more handier to carry around). Also, Nivea lip balms go on sale frequently where there are buy one get one or 2/$5.00. I definitely think they are worth the sale prices. If you are interested, keep an eye out! If you don't mind dipping your finger into the tin to achieve soft lips, I say go for it!

on 3/17/2013 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! I use a lip scrub then slather this stuff on before bed. It stays on ALL NIGHT and when I wake up, I have the softest lips I've had since I was born. I swear it. And it comes in favors! Hooray! Love love love this stuff. A bit pricey for lip balm (let's be honest) but hey it works! And it lasts a long time. And the tin is tiny and can go anywhere with you!

on 3/17/2013 12:43:00 AM

I purchased the Raspberry Rose and the Vanilla Macadamia nut lip butters. Let's start off with, the smell--THEY SMELL AMAZING! Im a total sucker for scents, and these smell fantastic, especially the Raspberry Rose (I like fruity/floral scents slightly more), I do wish however that Nivea made their lip butters have a taste that matched the scent--that would have been even better! these actually don't taste like anything, which could be a pro or a con, depending on what you like. As for my lips, I felt these lip butters were pretty standard. My lips can get pretty chapped, ad when they get chapped they sometimes will need HEAVY DUTY, this isn't heavy duty enough for those types of days, but when my lips are normal (not peeling, etc.) then this product is pretty nice.

on 3/16/2013 11:56:00 PM

I got the Raspberry Rose, Vanilla Macadamia nut, and Caramel Corn kiss. I love all of them, but especially Vanilla Macadamia Nut. The smell is delicious and really close to a cookie. The Raspberry Rose smells slightly fruity and floral. The Caramel Corn one is nutty and a little salty. The packaging is cute, in little metal tins, but not very practical since you have to make sure you have clean fingers if you apply it that way. You could kiss the balm I suppose to apply.

The lip butters are thick and smooth when applied. They last for several hours and aren't sticky and do not leave a white cast that I can see. They were a little on the expensive side for drugstore balm, $3.99, but I got them on sale for BOGO50% at CVS.That being said, I would definitely buy these again because they feel so luxurious on the lips and the smells are divine.

on 3/16/2013 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

i love this product! i got the one in raspberry rose kiss and it smells amazing. the packaging is nice, i love potted lip products. raspberry rose kiss gives you the tinest tint to your lips. when you first put it on, it sinks into your lips and keeps them moisturized for a long time. the pricing is okay, i'd still repurchase no matter what. overall, i fancy this product so much, it's phenomenal. i'd recommend this to anyone!

I was looking for a good moisturizing lip balm and I just happened to see the new Nivea Lip Butters. At first, I tried the Caramel Cream Kiss and the Raspberry Rosť flavour and I loved them.
They go on really smooth and they are so so hydrating! The Caramel Cream Kiss flavour tastes amazing, really sweet and not sticky.
I've now bought the other 2 in the collection, Vanilla and Macademia Kiss and the Smooth Kiss flavours and they are both just as good as the first two I tried.
In the UK, they are priced at £2.25 which equates to about $3.40 which is a bargain for such an amazing product!

on 3/15/2013 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the original one, and I LOVE it!! :D It's the best lip balm/butter/whatever I ever used.
It's very moisturizing, and sinks right into your lips. It really gives your lips that buttery feeling when you first apply it, and I love that! The only thing you have to watch out for is that you don't apply too much, because otherwise you'll end up with little white flakes on your lips.
I think the price is okay, I bought it in Belgium, I think it was around 3 euro and something. I find that a good price. I like the packaging too, but I personally like it more if it comes in a stick version, like Labello lip balms. But I like it though. The little tin is really cute, and easy to take with you. I apply this once a day and I'm good to go Also, that your lips stay moisturized for the rest of the day (well mine do). I loooove it.
The flavors they have here is the original, raspberry, and the vanilla one. I'm sad they don't have the caramel one, but ofcourse I'm very happy they have the other 3 flavors. I think when I finish the original tin, I'll buy the vanilla one. :)

on 3/14/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought the Vanilla Macadamia flavor from CVS. I love the little tin. Easy to open and stays shut in my purse. Its a very rich, thick, white cream that smells delicious, tastes slightly sweet but neutral, spreads easily, moisturizes very well, and lasts for about 2 hours. The only thing I don't like is the white cast. If I put just a tiny bit (and you don't need much really), then it melts into lips and doesn't leave the white cast. But thats hard for me 'cuz I'm a slatherer. I load up on the lip goo so I have to watch it. It also changes the color of lipstick if applied over, lightening it significantly so that a red lippie turns pinkish, orange turns coral, etc. This can be a good thing if thats your intent. I seriously doubt I will buy this again as I rarely use it, reaching most often for Vaseline Lip Therapy in the tiny jar, but I will miss the scent when its gone.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Wow kinda surprised to see how beloved this product is here. Hunted them down when I heard they hit CVS and bought the caramel one. Not really impressed by it... Feels like you typical lip balm for the most part except perhaps a little creamier. Scent is good, reminds me of caramel kettle corn. Worst part is it leaves a freaky white glaze on my lips that is not attractive so I just keep this by my bed side for use at night.

I picked up the Vanilla & Macadamia lip butter today for around $3 in the clearance at Shoppers and WOW. This stuff instantly cures any chocolate cravings because it smells SO good. It also moisturizes super well! I wish they would come up with something like this for skin so my body and hands could be baby-butt smooth too!

Popular Lip Treatments