April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by ozbeautyxx

As someone with fair skin, it's quite difficult to find a product in it's lightest ivory shade that doesn't turn orange throughout the day, this was no exception. Has good, even coverage but found no shade that would match my skin. Since the foundation I regularly use is quite light, I sometimes use this on top to make the colour a bit darker, but overall it's not my favourite Cover Girl product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation didn't work for me at all.

The consistency is nice.

It's not runny and not super thick either.

Coverage is light to medium. The problem is that it didn't blend into my skin at all. It just sat on top of my skin and made it look dry and cracked. I tried to apply it, on several occasions, with different brushes and a damp beauty blender, but the finish was still the same which is dry.

The best thing about this foundation is that it comes with a pump. I will not rebuy

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

did not enjoy the foundation. was too pink therefore it didnt cover my acne scars even with layers of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Sarahyas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I tried this foundation after watching itsjudystime on YouTube who I adore a lot, and when I also read a lot of good review here ... I was basically looking for a new reasonable foundation, after years of using revlon colorstay and after the company changing the formula I hated looking so heavy through I needed full coverage and believe me i went through mostly high end brands, so my choice was Estée Lauder double wear new formula or this .foundation ... I love the way it blends ,the coverage is medium and build able .i had to use bronzer to get the right shade but after few hours it oxidizes and makes me look darker... I wonder if it's only me or anyone going through the same problem? I won't repurchase this foundation, I am still hunting for my HD foundation ....

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Abbyb717

I would never of thought I would own a CG foundation again after bad experiences I had with a few foundations from them. I just figured CG foundation wasn't for me. Their Clean foundation line was a bust (for me) and years ago, I tried their whipped foundation.. broke me out TERRIBLY. The color was always off, the coverage was mediocre at best, and it just always looked cake-y on me. But then I had a YOLO moment at CVS and decided to try Outlast Stay Fab. OMG SO GLAD I DID! I'm really impressed! The color is spot on - the coverage is a thumbs up - and overall I'm really enjoying this foundation! Sorry for giving up on you, CG! ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ainslieann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation oxidized on my skin and made me look orange! It also broke me out immediately. It did nothing to keep oil at bay. I would not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by hharmonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

(For reference, I have tried the shades Buff Beige, Nude Beige, Medium Beige, and Ivory. All have very pink undertones).
I don't understand why there are so many positive reviews. This foundation was mediocre at best.

Pros:
- The pump packaging is nice, even though the lid does get dirty.

- Coverage is okay- about medium.

Cons:
- Oh my god. The color. Does Covergirl think that human skin tones are a bright pinkish red, because I don't think so! I was horrified every time I looked in a mirror while I was in the sunlight. My skin was as pink as a peach. I tried several different shades to no avail. Those with yellow-beige undertones beware- although I think the shades are even too pink for those with pink undertones.

- It oxidizes badly. Starts off pink, and after an hour the color turns very orange. So you are stuck with an orange/pink face. It's literally the worst.

- The lasting power is below average. I have very oily skin and I see oil seeping through and separating the foundation after 30 minutes.

- DEFINITELY not transfer resistant. This stuff gets all over my clothes, hands, and when I wipe my nose with tissues, the foundation comes right off.

- Not waterproof. I remember I put in eye drops and watched in horror as my tear left a streak of my bare naked skin down my cheek. I also was wearing this foundation in rain and it absolutely melted off.

- It accentuates my pores a lot. It doesn't accentuate blemishes that badly but my pores are as noticeable as ever with this foundation.

- Looks very cakey and mask like, even with light application. I've tried my beauty blender, elf powder brush, sigma f80, real techniques expert face brush, and all have resulted in cake city.

All in all, the main reason why I would never purchase this foundation again or recommend it to anyone is because of the color selection. A much better drugstore option is Revlon Colorstay.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by JennyCaroline

i love this i have super oily skin around my T-zone but with this foundation i dont have to worry about it! love using this when i know im going to be out for a long time .

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Kindredkl

I didn't like this foundation at all! At first I bought the lightest shade and it was too pink so then I went to the next shade an it was a little too dark but I made the color work. I tried so hard to make this foundation work but I just couldn't. It was so cakey under any circumstance. I tried finger application, brushes, beauty blender, sponges and anything else I could think of but it just WOULDN'T WORK! I also tried many different primers (both drugstore and high end) and it still didn't look any better. Moisturizer over, under, and mixed in with the foundation also didn't work at all. Overall I really didn't like this foundation at all. I thought it was overpriced and just not worth it at all. I wouldn't recommend this foundation at all but if you do purchase it make sure to keep the receipt until you can see if you like it or not.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, am I even using the same product? I can't believe all of these positive reviews!

My experience with this foundation was much different than most other reviewers. I chose shade 805, which actually looked like a decent shade indoors. However, as soon as I stepped outside and checked a mirror, I was horrified to see that it was a very unnatural pink shade.

Strike 1. The second shade up looked too dark, so I resorted to just trying to use this anyway. Half a pump is all you need for your entire face. A full pump is WAY too much. The coverage, from afar, looks nice and even, but it looks terrible up close. The texture is dry and accentuates any dryness you have (and I have oily skin!) and makes your skin just look older.

Strike 2. I wore this for 2 days and decided to return it. I usually give a foundation at least a week, but the deal-breaker for me

(Strike 3) was the fact that it broke me out. When I removed it at night, I had patches of little red bumps and clusters of brand new whiteheads all over my skin. My skin is now SO irritated from this foundation that I don't think I'll even be able to wear makeup tomorrow. Oh well, too bad. I was very curious about this and at least now I know it isn't for me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No