August 30, 2014 | 1767 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Mimsy6

I love this palette! I like that it is mostly matte, except for one highlight colour. It's my go-to travel palette, because it has all the shadows I would need. The packaging does get really dirty though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The shades in this pallette are great quality, totally wearable for every single day, and that makes it a must have for me. However, my one problem with it is the packaging. I bought this from Sephora, took it home, opened it up, and the black shadow had cracked and spilled everywhere because the pan had popped right out. I returned it immediately and got a replacement that upon quick inspection looked fine. When I went to use it for the first time, I saw that the pan of one shadow was loose, like it wasn't glued in properly and was at risk of coming out. Seeing as this has happened twice I must infer that the packaging on this pallette is for some reason not very good quality. I'd hate to imagine what would happen if this was dropped - shadows would crack and pop right out of their pans, I'm sure. Urban Decay needs to work on that before I'll buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by thsses

I love the range of colours that's in it. Great for neutral to smokey look. The pans are similar to the Naked palette. I'm from Singapore and it cost me S$42/US$34.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by himynameisjennie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this palette. I bought it as I only recently started getting really into make up, and it is perfect for beginners. I find the colours really easy to wear every day, and the darker shades are perfect for making an awesome smoky eye for night time.
My eye make up stays in place pretty much all day with this product, so it is definitely worth the price tag, as I found I don't have to keep reapplying it throughout the day. Love it and would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just love this palette! As i,m 50+ i don,t like shimmering eyeshadow because it looks horrible on older skin and just draws the attention to all lines and wrinkles wich i don,t even have that many ,These shades are perfect for creating a natural or more heavy look.They blend well and with the UD primer underneath the colors do not fade.Not even the slightest bit/

I just wish that UD made more palettes in matte shades as i love the quality!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

why fork over the money for such a seemingly boring palette? I suppose if your makeup collection is comparable to a sephora then by all means, skip this guy. however, if you're like me, I have a moderate amount of makeup at my disposal. to give you an idea, I have 3 (all relatively small) makeup palettes and that's all the eye shadow I pretty much own. this brings up the total count to 4 and it is PERFECT.

you have colors to highlight, blend out and darken any look. the formula from UD's eyeshadow is always on the mark. very slight powdery poofs come off from the 3 lighter shades but it's nothing to mark this palette off for. the lightest 3 colors are still buttery soft to the touch.

call me boring but I love my neutrals. I don't want to smear the freaking rainbow all over my eyes. I want my browns, taupes, vanilla and sand colors. this palette compliments every other eyeshadow color that I own. it even is an amazing standalone palette as well.

I really held off at getting this guy because I was just so unimpressed initially. Such a dupable item can be deemed passable. I did notice in my collection I was missing a fair amount of matte colors. on top of that sephora recently had their 15% voucher for VIBs so this was my time to snag it without paying full price.

for about $24 I got 6 colors that I would ALWAYS go for. not one color in this palette will go unloved. $4 a piece for an urbandecay eyeshadow? FREAKING AMAZING :D

blends easily, pigmented, need I say more?

like I said before, you can skip this guy if your makeup collection is inordinately massive. but for your average makeup-loving college girl like me, this has a spot in my collection. totally recommend.

EDIT 4/26/13 ----

oh man I love this palette even more now, just thought I'd share my current eyeshadow look - use MAC paint pot in Eclair then layer faint right over it with crave to darken my lashline. use WOS to blend it out and BAM! amazing brown smokey eyes<3 love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

a small brush would have made this a perfect 5 lippie.. but, I take what I can get. This small palette is all I need now for my travels and to do my eyes in the neutrals which I have come to adopt and love. Shimmer, sheen do not work on me except at night -- and then only sometimes. The colours in this palette are subtle and work together well. they talk softly but carry a big stick to make me look better but not overly made up.

for the number of shadows, this is relatively cheap.

will buy a back up. just because.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by andreatexi

Let me just say it was a battle decision with myself to buy this palette just because I already have many palettes at home and was wondering if this was worth it.. Well let me tell you IT WAS WORTH IT. Wow absolutely amazing palette and I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY! It is so perfect for a natural, everyday look which is perfect for me cause that's all I ever want to do. All my palettes have shimmer so this is my first Matte palette. ( only 1 color is shimmer which is Verve but its a gorgeous highlight color ) ... The looks you can create with it are gorgeous and sometimes I even pair it up with my naked palette. It's a staple in my everyday regimen and I would reccomend it to anyone who loves to have a natural look for everyday wear. Some say this would be expensive.. I think I paid a little over $30 for it at sephora but u get what u pay for. It ranges about $5 for the 6 eyeshadows you get so I think it's a good deal :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Sanjibab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette was an impulse buy and I'm so glad that I did buy it as it was also 10% off. It may only be a few colours but you can create different looks whether for a daytime look or a evening! You can also use the dark brown for your eyebrows. Perfect for people who like their neutrals and also keeping it simple!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Trinity675

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of those palettes that I looked at several times in store before I finally gave in and purchased. It just seems so BORING when you see it next to all the other shiny, sparkly gorgeousness in Sephora or Ulta, even thought you know it will be a workhorse.

That it is: a workhorse. I use this palette pretty much every day and I'm developing sizable dips in several of the shades. This is perfect for a neutral everyday look or a dramatic dark smoky eye. Naked and Faint are also great brow colors!!

My favorite look with this palette: Walk of Shame or Foxy as a base (or mix and apply as a base), a dark brown eyeliner (like UD Demolition) on upper lash line and outer half of lower lash line, smudge with Naked and/or Faint. Blend like crazy. Venus on the inner corner. That's it!! So easy and a nice natural-ish look.

As it's already been discussed in every other review, the size and packaging are fantastic for travel. I rarely bring any other palettes besides this one. I find this is really all I need because when I'm on vacation, I find myself caring less about getting ready and more about getting out and having fun.

Overall: I love this little guy!! I would not want to be without it! The quality is wonderful and while it's not a showstopper in store, it quickly becomes that underrated workhorse you count on every day.