September 2, 2014 | 1925 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by vianners

I used Lancome's Artliner liquid eyeliner for about 5 years. My mom, who's been using Lancome for years and years, bought it for me when I first started wearing makeup. Looking back now, I wonder, what the heck was my mom thinking buying me such expensive makeup to play around with? But I'm definitely grateful nonetheless. I thought it was the best stuff in the world even though I didn't have anything else to compare it to. I just knew that it was easy to apply, and made my eyes look pretty! Anyways, about a year ago I stopped buying Artliner and started experimenting with other brands. I realized that there were much better eyeliners out there for 3/4 the price.

What I really love about Artliner is the applicator. It's nice and long, which helps in achieving a beautiful straight line. The thing that I hate and can't stand about it is that it flakes like a mofo! I'm horrible with liquid liner, so I always go over my original line one more time before I'm satisfied. On rare occasions when I can get a perfect line the first time, it's fine. No flaking. Love the applicator, hate the price and flakeyness. Will repurchase when I master the art of applying liquid eyeliner perfectly with one stroke!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Absolutely

I love this, this does not flake and it's easy to use. Creme, pencil, gel, cake eyeliners don't work for me. Only liquid stays on my lids.
The black unfortunately does not look good on me. Maybe it's because my hair is not actually black so it looks harsh. Brown works for me the best. Will repurchase for sure.

Note: only the black is available in some asian countries.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by hapababy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the olive color. Very easy to use, lasts well, and very pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by zifanxiao

This is my first 1 star product on MUA...I bought it because of all the good reviews and that I need something to bring my total purchase to the GWP threshold. Duh! First I can't use the foam tip at all, the line is too thick and not easy to control at all. Secondly, it irritates my eyes like crazy! I just got a bit into my right eye and wonder if I should go see a doctor. Yes, it's that serious. And I didn't do anything wrong, the bit just somehow got into my eye when I closed my eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner! I actually bought it on a sale and I got it for only 5.00!! I was a bit skeptical at first because I heard about it but it was only 5.00 so I thought I'd buy it. I'm so glad I did!!

It glides on smoothly, its pigmented and doesn't fade/flake! Its easy use, I highly recommend it to beginers trying out liquid eyeliners. This is pricey but totally worth it. I have previously used maybelline express liner for 2 years because its affordable but it totally sucks compared to lancome.. it is drugstore after all..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by designedbylife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this, it's the best liquid eyeliner I've ever tried. Suprisingly easy to apply so I would recommend it to anyone. Definitely try this one before you decide that liquid is not for you! The only downside is that it is kind of pricey, but I will keep buying it until i find something that is just as great. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by TrishtheDish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hands down the best liquid liner ever made. Great for beginners I stole my moms ice plum as a kid and learned how to apply liner in a fluid line because the applicator is so easy to use. I use the brown and I can switch to either day or night by utilizing the graduated applicator to control line thickness. Noir is also a great shade I will never use a black pencil again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by dupatinaglace

Goes on really smoothly and the effect is electrifying if applied well! Stays on for long hours and doesn't smudge. I've used Noir (black) and Smoke, and both are great, depending on the rest of your eye makeup and the look you're trying to go for that day. Definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 5:39:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Artliner. It is super easy to use because of the felt tip. I have this in noir. I use other eyeliners, pencils, gels, etc. and always come back to this eventually.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by amtran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although I love this product because it glides easily on ur lids and its super easy to apply, i will have to take away lippies from its rating due to the fact that it is NOT waterproof, nor smudgeproof. if u wear this, plan on NOT touching ur eyes (rubbing them.. etc) at ALL. one rub cuz ure itching and it will smear and come off!!!!!! otherwise it was super easly to use... i just wished it would come in a waterproof version!!