July 23, 2014 | 1777 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by dietgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Early 20s female with dry/sensitive skin, prone to flaking and congestion. Majority of flaking is concentrated on forehead and eyebrows, and occasionally nose; mild seborrheic dermatitis is suspected. Skin tone is medium to dark and warm (East Indian).

Hooray! Pure Radiant is one of the best foundations I've found for my skin type. Prior to Pure Radiant, every foundation and tinted moisturizer I've tried has left my skin looking cakey and dry and has accentuated flaky patches. No matter how moisturized my skin is prior to application and how sheerly I applied the foundation, my skin always looked aged and dry. The best fit I had found prior to PR was Clinique's Almost Foundation (discontinued), but even that left my skin a little cakey (although not flakey).

Pros: Pure Radiant is the FIRST foundation/TM that has not left me looking like I'm wearing 10 layers of powder and cream on my skin. This foundation/tinted moisturizer manages to not aggravate the appearance of flakes as well as blend seamlessly into the skin. The sheerness allows the foundation to be built up in layers and is perfect for those of us who prefer more natural looking coverage. The actual foundation has a liquidy-smooth consistency and, in my experience, is easier to smooth onto the face and blend in than other liquid foundations. The finish is a natural yet glowy (but NOT sparkly at all) finish that looks like real skin but illuminated. (Again, there is NO shimmer/iridescence so you don't have to worry about looking like a disco ball in direct sunlight.) I preferred applying this with my fingers rather than a brush, but both will work with good results. As far as I can tell, no breakouts related to this product.

Cons: Color choice. Oh lordy. I purchased three colors: St. Moritz, Annapurna, and Cuba. All three lean heavily warm. Annapurna and Cuba are very similar in color, but Annapurna is more orangey whereas Cuba is more yellowy (and just a bit darker). Annapurna was the right shade for me in terms of darkness, but it was wayyyyyy too orange on my skin. Cuba looked a little better, but it was a bit too dark.

The jump from St. Moritz to Annapurna/Cuba is HUGE. Granted, these are really sheer foundations so they tend to blend in and match even if your actual skin tone is different, but NARS *really* needs to put out at least one or two shades between St. Moritz and Annapurna. I also noticed that if you mix two shades together, it doesn't apply as seamlessly as it would if you applied each color on its own. YMMV though.

Finally, the coverage can be lacking if you have moderate-to-severe acne. I broke out recently (unrelated to Pure Radiant, I'm pretty sure) and I have found that Pure Radiant isn't providing me enough coverage anymore, so I haven't been using it lately.

Afterthoughts: While I'm currently hunting for a new foundation with more coverage now that I'm all spotty, I am still giving this 5 stars because this foundation does so many things excellently and I can completely see this being a great choice for someone with similar skin as me. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by ambersmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PROS:
- decent coverage for a tinted moisturizer
- not cakey
- blends well
- doesn't break me out

CONS:
- made me look more oily than I actually am!!!!
- shade Alaska was too orange for my skin tone
- Expensive

WIll not buy again for the simple fact that it made me look like a grease ball

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't love this. It just didn't really do anything helpful for my skin at all. There are way, way better products out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Sanida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using the Ten o Six/Bonne Belle tinted moisturiser for absolute yonks now but realised after a little break from it that the colour was way too dark for me. Then I did some reading about the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser and thought I would try it out.

The MUA at Mecca Cosmetica put it on for me and I was pleasantly surprised. My skin was glowing and dewy, yet it looked like I had nothing on. This glow lasted for about 4 hours, and then it dulled a little bit but not to the point of disappearing completely. I'm used to this because my skin is pretty dry. I also have sensitive skin and this didn't break me out at all.

I will come back to report further, as I am about to apply it myself for the first time.

Alaska is my colour, and it's a perfect match so I was really happy with that. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Man, this was kind of a bummer. The lightest shade is a little too orangey for me, and it's rather heavy for a TM - too much coverage and sits on the skin. I'd say it's more of a light foundation than a TM. Not dewy enough, either. It would be nice if I was looking for a natural finish light foundation with decent coverage, but I really wasn't.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by fading_visions

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I liked this. I really do. I love the idea of tinted moisturizers that leave a lovely, radiant glow with a weightless formula but I still haven't found one.

Alaska was pretty much a dead ringer for me; I love that they have a large range of shades. I liked the coverage it gave, my skin looked great and it wasn't obvious.

My only gripe is that I can feel it sitting on my skin hours later. I don't like when I can feel product on my skin and it feels like it continually draws out oil and everything just feels more and more gross over time. I really do wish I liked this product, but I guess at least my bank account thanks me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by indoorkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC 40 by Mac's system; realistically I might be a hair lighter, I wear MatchMaster in 3.0 fwiw. I have really clear yellow tones (of South Asian descent), and oily/combo skin with some dry patches.

I went with St. Moritz; it sheers out to the right shade on me. The next shade up, Annapurna, looked too red on me, and the one up after that was too dark.

I love this. Gives a nice sheer finish, covers up my acne pigmentation, doesn't feel like anything on, lasts ~ 12 hrs or more (with primer, I use either LM Illuminating or MAC P&P spf 50; I wrote 12 as I've not worn it for longer) and makes my Mom think I've been lounging in spas.

My only gripe is that it takes a little bit of effort to remove. I have to bust out the oil-based cleanser and wash/tone that off too. Other than that, it's really really great.

I highly recommend checking out samples before you commit to this, it doesn't quite wear or feel like any other TM I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm usually not a fan of TMs and was only at the NARS counter to check out their blush GAIETY (which I purchased) when the SA asked if I'd like to try their TM. I told her that I didn't like the non-existent coverage that TMs give and would be happier with my own moisturizer and a sheer foundation instead. She urged me to let her put it on me and I relented. Boy was I glad I did! This TM has a high SPF and it looks so amazingly natural on my skin! It feels slightly cool on contact with my face and blends like a dream. Best of all, it has better coverage than my sheer foundations!! Doesn't settle in my pores or fine lines. It isn't as expensive as it may seem, when you consider that you get 50ml instead of the usual 30. Already purchased a second tube just in case I run out. LOVE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by thmz19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Spring has arrived and summer is fast approaching, and with this tinted moisturizer, anyone can achieve an immaculate complexion in the sun. This tm has fantastic coverage, its obviously not going to cover up the worst blemishes, but skin should take a breather from foundation. My skin's condition has improved also since switching from my Armani Luminous Silk to Nars. My acne has toned down and I do see an improvement in brightness and evenness. The color range is not very extensive among the medium shades, but the the formula blends so nicely and naturally, i think people can get away with not having a perfect match. Besides, the colors are very flattering and will neutralize any redness. I also love the fact that this tm is good for the skin because of the antioxidants and the mineral waters from the french Polynesian waters. Sometimes putting on foundation leaves me feeling guilty because i know my skin can't really breathe. So putting on the Nars tm every morning leaves me guilt free. The finish is very natural. I wouldn't say its matte or dewy because i feel it really mimics and captures the same finish as natural skin. As the saying continues, this tm is like your skin, but BETTER. I defnitlly recommend giving this a try, and at least getting a sample. Give your skin the best thing it ever had!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDeseray96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THIS PRODUCT SUCKS!!!! If I could give it a 0 I would. Total waste of my money. It went on so smoothly and looked great, but know why? It's loaded with silicones and broke me out TERRIBLY. I had no pimples at all before starting this, just some acne scarring. It took awhile (a few weeks) for it to completely destroy my skin and for me to figure out that this was the cause. No point in buying a product that makes you feel hideous in the long run. Ladies do not make the same mistake that I did!