September 23, 2014 | 969 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Aleppanen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just got this product after I read some good reviews of this product. I do like this. I got this in lightest shade Finland and it is perfect for me. I have a fair skin and it just melts in my skin, creates good coverage and makes it smooth and glowy. I love it that it also has spf 30. Good product especially during summer time!

Update: I have recently been tired and I feel my face has been more dull looking (mainly my goal is to make my skin look smooth and young and I'm soon turning 34) so I decided to take this in use again since through out the winter been using Maestro by GA and Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua. I must say right choice, my face is immeiately more radiant and fresher looking and I love that sometimes I can even skip a moisturiser before applying this, just use a light serum under it. I love this and will definitely be trying it on on my holiday under the sun.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by VicklePickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too yellow! I have neutral skin and this looks like I've smeared mustard on my face! Great if you have yellow-toned skin, though. Matte, natural finish and the perfect amount of light coverage (not sheer, but very natural). I might try this again if they release more shades. After trying a gazillion light-coverage foundations with SPF, I've found that my favorite is the cheapest-Revlon's Nearly Naked liquid.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by UniqueStylz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I really enjoy this product. I like that there is skin benefits and such a high SPF included with this tinted moisturizer. It is perfect for those days when running late and need to pull yourself together quick. I bouth the color Cuba, it is a little dark for me right now, but mid summer will be perfect as I spend alot of time at the beach and get a bit darker. I chose Cuba because the Annapurna was the shade lighter but looked too orange or pinky for my skin. I have really yellow undertones and St. Mortiz was too light, would look kinda ashy. I do hope they come out with a wider variety of colors soon though. Not sure if will repurchase but I do like the product. Its quick, lightweight and easy, just apply some powder to set and I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I think I have finally found my HG tinted moisturizer. I have pretty fair skin with yellow undertones and this blended into my skin perfectly; leaving it glowing and "radiant" as the product describes. I got this for $10 cheaper, but I would gladly pay full price for this. It seems to camoflauge minor flaws, but stills looks like skin, which is exactly what I was looking for. The SPF 30 is also very sufficient for the summer time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is just OK on the basis that isnt as hydrating and dries very quickly. I also find that it doenst provide as flawless a finish as the Shiseido TM or the Philosophy TM, which I would rate above this. The colors work better than LM but the formula isnt as good, the only thing i really liked was the sun protection. This is basically a less hydrating version of the smashbox TM, which i prefer over this. This just doenst spread as well as what other TMs do, it can look cakey very easily even though very little product is used.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by walkerma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Laura Mercier's oil-free TM for quite a while and was satisfied, but the buzz on this new TM with PA+++ intrigued me. When it was time for me to buy a new tube, I tried the NARS product. My initial response was favorable: I liked the coverage a little better than LM's, and was really happy to get better sunscreen. It wears through the day nicely.

I had a problem with breakouts though. I wanted to like this and wanted my skin to like it too, so I kept at it for over 3 weeks, but no dice. I finally returned it and went back to Laura Mercier. My skin is clear again, and LM continues to be my holy grail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A pretty solid tinted moisturizer. I have light skin with neutral undertones (about a NC/W 20) and Finland is a perfect match for me. Initially out of the bottle, the shade looks as if it would be too yellow for true neutral undertones, but it blends neutral onto my face. The finish is skin-like, and imparts a healthy glow to my skin. The texture of this TM is really lovely, it is thin and spreads easily onto your face, easy to blend with your fingers. It is truly buildable without looking cakey. The coverage for this I would say is light, enough to even the skintone. I needed concealer for extra spots. The oil control is not too bad; its really odd and hard to explain, but on my combo sensitive skin, I do look noticeably shinier but I don't have the greasy look that most foundations give me when it starts to wane. This product IS scented, but it has a natural lemon-y smell that does not irritate my sensitive nose. Kind of reminds me of Fruit Loops.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by sollison

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, I've used MACs tinted moisturizer before they discontinued the actual shades. I then used the Dark but it was way too "Cool" for my skintone. I've tried Mary Kay Beige 2 with the same results. I ordered and returned Paula Dorf in Jet Set Glo. It was way too greasy for my combination skin. And now there's NARS. I obtained two samples from Sephora and I am so thankful that I didn't purchase it outright. I tried Cuba first and then asked for a sample of Malaga. I scored with Malaga! It is almost a perfect match for my skintone. It is very light and blends into my skin very well. The best part - it didn't break me out!!! I am a NC45 in MAC Studio Fix and Select Tint. I pray that NARS does not discontinue this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by DarlaB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, I've been using this TM for about a month now and I really like it. I've previously used Laura Mercier TM (pretty good, a lot less coverage than Nars), and Aveeno (horrible, sparkly and greasy)
Pros
--> Good coverage - It's a lot higher than the other TM I've used and it's almost on par with the Sheer Glow foundation, which I love
--> Moisturizing - I still use a moisturizer before, but I also recognize that I have very dry skin and need a richer moisturizer than most skin types
--> Finish - It gives me a nice 'glow' without looking greasy
--> Packaging - Squeeze tube which is simple, sturdy, and hygienic
Cons
--> Price - It's more than what I would like to pay for (but what isn't?) but Nars is a higher end brand, so I know I will pay more
--> Shade range - This is the big drawback for me, and why I took off a lippy. I'm using Finland, which I can get away with, but they don't have anything really suitable for the very pale or cool, pink toned people. I use Mont Blanc in Nars Sheer Glow, and I really wish they had something closer to that

Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase. I've been applying this with my fingers, add some concealer where I need it (generally around the nose and under the eyes) and sometimes set it with MUFHD powder. If you don't need a ton of coverage and and can find a shade that matches I would highly recommend testing it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by michelleannmarie

I really like this for being a tint moisturizer it gives nice coverage...this is something I will be wearing during the summer at the beach and at the pool.