August 20, 2014 | 1788 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Smashbox bb cream for about a month now. I like it, it gives a nice natural finish. I apply a sheer layer with my Real Techniques stippling brush. It lasts all day, no problems with my skin since I have been using it. I would repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryCheeksForever

I really didn't want to like this BB cream as it is $39 for 1 oz (!), but it really does perform well. It provides more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but less than foundation, so it's nice for everyday use. I also was able to match my skin pretty well (NC30, got light) which is hard to do since I'm so yellow. I do have oily skin and this "feels" a bit oily to me (looks dewy and natural), but since the coverage is so nice, I'll deal with it with powder and blotting sheets. I gave this 4 lippies because of the price and the oily feel, though this may be great for someone with normal skin. Regardless, I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by shiningstar2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this cream. I have been a smashbox primer fan for six months and wanted to try this too.
In my opinion, this is very lightweight and fairly liquid. The only thing I noticed is that this is a primer, not a foundation and you will not get full coverage. I tried to put more on and it looked yucky.
Yesterday I put it on before my cleaning job of 5 hrs. When I looked in the mirror on the way home, my face was still matte!! I had sweated all around my hairline, but my face was shine-free! That is amazing.
It's pricey, but one tube will last a long long long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by mayrarara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At first, I was a bit skeptical about buying this...but of course, after weeks of considering it, I gave in. I'm amazed at how much I love this product! It doesn't feel heavy on my skin AT ALL. I have skin that is pretty oily and acne prone, so I wore it on a day that my skin was behaving, and I LOVE it. I lIke that it comes in a tube (hygienic), but hate that it's 1 oz for $40...a little goes a long way, so we'll see how long this lasts. Honestly, I'm loving this BB cream so far

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by mimahirn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing! Finally have found my HG foundation-skin care product! I have tried endless combinations of primers, foundations, moisturizers, oil-control, sunscreen, etc. Finally - all in one simplicity that gives me a better finish than any of the combinations I've tried! I haven't typically been a huge SB fan, but I'm so glad I tried this. I'm oily, have a few scars, and some redness. This is AMAZING. I don't know why other reviewers didn't find there to be enough coverage - for me, it was flawless finish when set with powder. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by vpivoine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this in Light and it matches my NC25 skin well. This goes on smooth and gives you a nice silky glow. However the coverage is only medium, which is not enough for me (I always want flawless finish). It's not overdrying, however if you have really dry skin like me, you'll find it not that comfortable on your face.

Pros: goes on smooth, easy to spread, nice natural glow, SPF
Cons: only medium coverage, a bit drying for dry skin

Overall, if you have even, combination/oily skin, this might be good for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by audz33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I was looking for a tinted moisturizer with good coverage and the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream was recommended to me by a sales associate at Sehpora. I tried the medium shade on my hand and it matched great and felt so smooth on my skin! In comparing a few swatches of other tinted moisturizers, it definitely covered the most (medium coverage). Upon taking the product home, I applied the BB cream on my face with my fingers after moisturizer. It blends in well and doesn't take a lot of product to cover your entire face. It leaves a dewy finish and makes your skin feel so silky smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by lvmymakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and large pores to start off with so I was hesitant to try this. I bought the medium color and believe me it looks scary dark in the tube but it blends in perfect to my skin. My skin feels and looks softer. If you want heavy coverage I suggest you use a powder over it, I think a liquid foundation might feel to heavy applied over this. A little goes along way, and it feels weightless on my skin. It doesn't help so much control oil but nothing a little powder can't help.
I would def buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by helster83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using the sample for 2 weeks, interchangably with Stila Perfect and Correct. They are both comparable because they are light-medium coverage, all in one kind of deals.

Anyway, there are 2 great points about the smashbox bb cream: 1) spf 35, 2) it feels like i'm wearing nothing at all on my skin. My usual issue with skin foundations is that it looks cakey due to my oily skin, the smashbox bb cream does not cause an oily mess on my face. Excellent.

Only gripes:
1) Smashbox makes all these vague claims, with how it's a 5 in one: hydrates, primes, perfects, controls oil, and protects. Hydrates? I don't know, I find it rather drying actually. Primes, maybe, haven't tried it but I'm sure it'll work. Perfects? I dunno about that either. Controls oil: yes, protects: yes (it's SPF 35).

2) It's not easily spreadable. I end up using a lot of it to get it around my entire face.

3) It's only 1oz for $40. Pretty freaking expensive.

Overall: I think it's versatile in the sense that it can be used alone or with another foundation. For my skin, I like the fact that it makes my skin feel like I'm wearing zero makeup at all throughout the day. There is no runny, oily mess on my face (although my T zone does tend to get pretty oily regardless, it has been much more manageable). There is no cakiness or dryness of the skin.

I don't think this is for everyone. It won't conceal your imperfections as much as MAC studio concealer, it won't cure your cystic acne (although it might be better than other foundation chioces for your skin), it also won't cure your dry skin (might make it worse).

Update: I've gone back and forth with different products. I have found that the other products look a bit cakey on my skin and caused a few stray pimples to pop up on my face. Every time I return to the smashbox bb cream, my skin texture just feels better and the pimples start to dry up. I just wish there was more than 1oz in the tube! It's my official everyday tinted moisturizer. 5 lippies as of today.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ConjureLass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product claims to do the jobs of multiple other items all in one tiny bottle of bb cream. I can safely say it doesn't. There's no way with the amount of coverage this has that I would be able to replace my foundation with it. It does, however, work well as a corrector/concealer, and i've used it as an eyelid primer with success. Not exactly what was promised, especially for forty dollars.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No