August 20, 2014 | 970 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by neeksters

I picked up coffee cake purely out of curiosity and was pleasantly surprised. I applied with a blush brush-- never swirl, kind of swipe it sideways. Natural flush, very flattering! Don't push it in too much because at some point it doesn't "bounce" back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really did not need another blush. But I got this for one of those buy one get the next one for 50% off.
Turns out I kind of like this blush. I can apply it with my fingers and let it cook then give a final blend and it kind of looks like I'm lit from within, and not in a glitter ball kind of way, but very natural. I can also apply with a blush brush and get a nice effect.I have one of the coffee shades I forget which one, but it's very natural.
I do not like the packaging, except for the fact that you can see from the outside which shade it is. I find it very hard to open, I almost broke it today trying to open. So I'm not 100% sure I would re-purchase but I might. For a drug store product I think it looks nice. Not HG by any means, but still a good blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own this in Hot Tomale & love it! I do agree with other reviewers that I wasn't thrilled with sticking my finger in it which is probably my only issue with these Bouncy Blushes.. But I think I've found a fix for that, the last 2x I used it I applied with a cheap ELF paddle foundation brush (the silver handle w/orange bristles for $1 at my local pharmacy I picked up several years ago) I didn't care for this brush when using it for foundation but thought it might be JUST right to apply this & VIOLA! It is indeed perfection :)
I think that the Hot Tomale color is incredibly pigmented. I have to use a light hand as I'm fair skinned(I'd be between NC10-15 in MAC). I DID accidentally make myself look a little clownish the 3rd time I wore it but now that I've got it figured out a bit I imagine it'l last me ages.
Today I wore it again, applied with my cheap-o foundation brush & topped it with a little of L'oreal Baby Blossom Blush (the True Match Super Blendable blush that is very similar to Benefit's Dandelion) & I LOVE this look! Overall very happy & will definately repurchase.
*UPDATE 11/26/12*
All of these months later I'm *still* working on my original Hot Tomale compact, and I've tried several other shades as well but have learned that not all of these Dream Bouncy Blushes are created equal (pigmentation wise..) So while I ADORE two of the shades I have, another two I tried (and then gave away) were incredibly lacking in pigment and very hard to build up on my cheeks due to the consistency .. (and I'm *very* pale so most blushes show up on my skin easily).
The two that I find quite lovely are Hot Tomale (reviewed in paragraph above) and more recently, Peach Satin. Peach Satin is *almost* as pigmented as Hot Tomale, but even though it's not as pigmented, I think I prefer it. Pigmentation wise as well as shade wise.
I also got to try Plum Wine and the Candy Coral one both one time each when a girlfriend of mine had them and I found them to be also pretty nice. Plum Wine is very much like Hot Tomale, just as pigmented. The only real difference I noticed is it leans more on the plum side where HotTomale leans pinky-red. &The Candy Coral one was a fairly pigmented coral-y orange.(I'm typically not a fan of corals personally but for those who are I would definately recommend this!)
The two that were lacking in pigmentation (just in my personal opinion) were Rose Petal and Fresh Pink. They took SO many swipes with my finger or paddle fndtn brush to get the color to show up on my cheeks, and when I finally did get my desired amount, they didn't last long and looked a little too much like every other pinky blush I already own. They ended up pretty much useless to me unfortunately :(
So if you've tried one of these and didn't care for it because it didn't show up on you, don't be discouraged, just try one of the bolder colors (Hot Tomale, Plum Wine, Candy Coral, or even the semi-pigmented Peach Satin) and you may be pleasantly surprised :-)
I also have very oily and acne-prone skin and have found that the bolder shades last on me all day with zero touch ups, and have not given me any issues with breakouts or clogged pores (yay!)
If I were rating Hot Tomale, Plum Wine, Coral, and Peach Satin ALONE, I would keep my initial rating at 5 lippies no question asked. But since this review is for the entire line of Dream Bouncy Blushes and I've gotten the chance to try more of them since my initial review, I had to take my rating of 5 lippies down to 4 :(
Hoping to write individual reviews on all of the shades listed above within the next week, but overall am pleased with my Dream Bouncy Blushes.
Hot Tomale I've had for almost a year now and only have a small dip in the middle! So even though the packaging is small, the product inside is not so "small" at all. Finally, I've found drugstore packaging that's compact and easy to travel with!
I think my favorite that I've tried to date is Peach Satin which surprises me because I typically do not care for blushes that have any kind of orangey/peachy/coral-y -ness to them. (Not sure if it's due to my fair&warm skintone or what?) But blushes like "Milani Coralina" or ANY kind of orangey bronzers are just super UNflattering on me so I did not expect to love Peach Satin as much as I do. It's only very slightly peach. More of a pink with slight baby peach undertones if that makes sense? Extremely flattering on my NC10-15 skin and possibly HG blush material!
I highly recommend Peach Satin, Hot Tomale, and Plum Wine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHennick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing for me! I dont exactly like the idea of putting my finger in it but it looks incredible.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Takota

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I quiet like this blushes. I have two of them. 10 and 20. I like the texture and the way it goes on. As some reviewers mentioned the pigmentation of these blushes is so-so, but I actually prefer them that way. At least its not as easy to overdo.
I am NW15. Maybe bacause I am so pale it is still noticable on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by AllisonRoth

color payoff? come on ladies, I seriously doubt you are painting a corpse with this stuff. It has enough color to make anyone look alive. There will always be a market for sheer "goof proof" blush. I think this is a good one for the price point, and props to mabell for trying something new. Right? BOOM!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 7:40:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

The concept is fun, but really all this is is a gimmick. Yes, it's fun to poke your fingers in a few times, but when the initial fun wears off, all you're left with is a horrible quality blush.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Kaylapaxton

There was a lot of hype surrounding this blush, especially in youtube videos. One guru in particular talked about this blush like it was the best thing she owned, so when I was at target and saw it, I picked it up.
The gimmick of the blush is that it bounces. It was fun to play with the creamy texture for a while, but then it didn't bounce back up. So much for bouncy. applying the blush is easy enough, but i found that it wasn't very pigmented, and it didn't build up very well at all. Even when i got it to a colour i liked, it wouldn't last very long either.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by 30carruthers

Despite all the negative reviews, I purchased one in Rose Petal. It gives my cheeks a nice sheer pink flush, very natural. Then I bought Pink Frosting, it's a warm coral color- nothing frosty about it.

The product doesn't last long, about three hours, but I love using it as a blush base for a powder blush. The combo lasts all day.

I would definitely wait for those "buy one get one 50% off" deals.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by vslaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this. First of all I love the texture and "bouncy" feel of this blush! This was a great idea and I adore the how it melts onto your face! However, the packaging could be alot better. It also does't have much pigment and within three hours all of the blush seems to have "dissapeared" from your face. Even though the quality isn't great I still really like this Blush. I'm just a sucker for marketing and can't get past the cool "bouncy" feel!