October 30, 2014 | 1376 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Because these are so cheap and good I will probably collect them all. The US does not have the green shade, but we do have a silver. There was one left at Ulta and I bought Miami's Ink, which is the silver pewter that's metallic. Depending on how oily your lids are, these should last the day. Because they dry like a gel I would not use a powder shadow over them. That will only dry out the line and cause flaking. It seems at least semi waterproof. All of the shades are richly pigmented and go on opaque. I really cannot believe these are less than $4. When I was there a few days ago (I completely ignored them) they had all the shades, but when I went back there was just one. Because the Ulta display is so small, they can only fit a few in it at a time. So buy them if you see them. Update: My second try at finding Midnight In Paris, and I could only get my hands on London Baby. It's a unique taupe brown with a pewter base tone. Good for day, but I still want the black shade. I guess I can always order it on Ulta's website. If you love these, try the Stay The Day shadows. Those are like Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by randers

This stuff is great. The texture in pot is creamy and easy to work with. It goes on smooth, dries quickly, and does not crack, dry or migrate. My personal fav is London Baby, a dark brown shade.

It's really difficult to think of any criticism; I suppose sometimes my brush picks up extra product that I have to wipe off on the edge of the jar, but it doesn't happen often. This stuff flies off the shelves at my ULTA, so if you find it all three colors, nab them!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by jlwil2

Love this stuff. I use liquid eyeliner every day, which tends to crack. These don't: I have the black, purple and brown. They are easy to apply to the brush, apply to your eyes, don't smudge all day and don't crack. They are a dream come true- and that price! Made in Europe! What's not to love? Get onto the Essence bandwagon- for those in Aus, Target carries a sporadic supply so check your local.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Cherly57

OMG OMG OMG!!! I LOVE this product!! It is simply amazing! I bought the black one from HEB for around $4 (crazy!). The pigmentation of it is out of this world. Wet n wild creme eyeliner used to be my go-to eyeliner, but that has all changed. This provides amazing pigmentation and isn't drying (unlike Wet n Wild). It actually applies almost like a liquid eyeliner. It glides on smoothly onto my eyelid and it doesn't budge until I take it off at night. There is a lot of product and the glass container closes tightly so the product won't dry out (unlike Wet n Wild). I am so in love with this product and I want to get all the colors now! You have to go get this eyeliner. It is really amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by serenamakeupaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gel liner is amazing and impressive. I usually use liquids, but I wanted to try switching to gel. I went to ULTA and looked around for gel eyeliners, my friend had pointed out this one from the brand Essence, I saw it and it's price (Around $3!) and I instantly said no way, it's probably horrible and messy. I opened it up, tested a bit on my hand, and walked away. About 20 minutes later, I looked at the swatch on my hand and it was super dark and i tried rubbing it off, and it wouldn't budge. I was surprised, and thought why not give it a try. It's super pigmented, the black is very dark and lovely and it doesn't budge. It's long-lasting, and I love how creamy it is too. I think it's even better than MAC's gel liner. I am in love, and will be re-purchasing over and over. :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by mktaylor1978

I purchased this product based on reviews I read on this website, however I was really disappointed in this product. I purchased two colors: London Baby (brown with a slight shimmer) and Berlin Rocks (blue violet). So here is my honest experience with this product. I bought these at Ulta on a BOGO 50% off sale. Price was great. You receive 0.10 oz which is the same amount in MAC fluidline pots. When I dipped my brush into the pot, I expected a semi-hard product but instead found a super-soft mousse-like product. It's very easy to get too much product on your brush, so use caution. These claim to be waterproof, but they are easily washed off with soap and water. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion on my eyelids beforehand. My initial application was light. I needed to apply a second coat in order to get good color payoff. Within an hour after applying the eyeliner, it was transferring to my upper eyelid. Ugh!! How frustrating! If I wanted a product that transferred to my upper eyelid, I would've purchased a cheap kohl eyeliner!! So, I returned both of these and purchased e.l.f. cream liner instead which works amazing!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, oily lids.

Slightly moving on my oily lids for upper panda look before my bamboo lunch. :)

The not too horrible news is that if I'm wearing a smokey eye, the black line can sort of "fade in", but it just looks so faded as a line I returned it. I kept the brown (London Baby) better to "fade in" for my neutrals brown looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such an amazing product for oily lids. I own one in London Baby which is a creamy, dark purple. Most purple gel liners are known to lack pigmentation and be streaky, but this one is nothing like it! The gel liner is very very soft. When I first used it, I put my brush in too far and got a bunch of product (whoops). Very little of it goes a long way. Its long lasting, too.

I can't wait to try other shades of this. Ulta has been sold out of them whenever I have gone to get more!

$3.50 @ Ulta

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by FleursFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gel liner is the best! It is sooo dang affordable (under$5!) and the quality is just so unbelievably amazing for the price. It's a very wet formula which means it glides on so nice and smoothly. But this could be difficult for those who arent used to gel liners but once you get the technique it's the best gel liner ever. I have it in the black colour and it is sooo so so soooo pigmented, a very rich adn dark blue base black. The packaging on this also seems good. Glass pot but plastic lid, but mine is nowhere near dried out so its good. The only thing about this though is DO NOT use it on your waterline. Other gel liners are awesome on the waterline for me because they are long lasting there. This however, is long lasting but when I blink its as if theres a tacky feeling, also it takes forever to fully get off the waterline.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by jkangaroo

This stuff is great! I have oily monolids and it's very difficult to find a liner that will not smudge all over. I use this with the Too Faced eyelid primer and it lasts really well. I don't wear make up every day/often so I can't say how long this lasts for, but it will last for a nice dinner and a movie. It glides on very smoothly and is a wonderful dark black (Midnight in Paris). This stuff works so much better for me than the Bobbi Brown long wear gel liner. That stuff is so hard to spread and flakes and smudges like crazy for me, even with a primer.

The biggest con to this product is that it was really hard to find. I couldn't find it at any drugstores and it was always out at Ulta and I couldn't justify spending more money on shipping than the product itself (which only costs $3.50).

Anyway, I scored the last jar at Ulta this weekend and love it. I completely recommend it. It's a great product at a even better price.