September 2, 2014 | 1842 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by FleursFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gel liner is the best! It is sooo dang affordable (under$5!) and the quality is just so unbelievably amazing for the price. It's a very wet formula which means it glides on so nice and smoothly. But this could be difficult for those who arent used to gel liners but once you get the technique it's the best gel liner ever. I have it in the black colour and it is sooo so so soooo pigmented, a very rich adn dark blue base black. The packaging on this also seems good. Glass pot but plastic lid, but mine is nowhere near dried out so its good. The only thing about this though is DO NOT use it on your waterline. Other gel liners are awesome on the waterline for me because they are long lasting there. This however, is long lasting but when I blink its as if theres a tacky feeling, also it takes forever to fully get off the waterline.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by jkangaroo

This stuff is great! I have oily monolids and it's very difficult to find a liner that will not smudge all over. I use this with the Too Faced eyelid primer and it lasts really well. I don't wear make up every day/often so I can't say how long this lasts for, but it will last for a nice dinner and a movie. It glides on very smoothly and is a wonderful dark black (Midnight in Paris). This stuff works so much better for me than the Bobbi Brown long wear gel liner. That stuff is so hard to spread and flakes and smudges like crazy for me, even with a primer.

The biggest con to this product is that it was really hard to find. I couldn't find it at any drugstores and it was always out at Ulta and I couldn't justify spending more money on shipping than the product itself (which only costs $3.50).

Anyway, I scored the last jar at Ulta this weekend and love it. I completely recommend it. It's a great product at a even better price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by fleetgoddess21

It's slightly sad how many of these I own. sadly, they've only brought 3 colors over to the U.S. so far, but I really hope they bring more over. I have probably 4 pots of Midnight in Paris (black), 2 of London Baby, and 1 of Berlin Rocks. I'll do an individual and overall review of each.

Midnight in Paris is one of the darkest black liners I have every come across in any form. It almost seems liquid because it is so dark. I have used so many gel eyeliners (MAC fluidlines, Stila Smudgepots, bobbi Brown gel liners, Maybelline gel liners, etc). This one is my absolute favorite. The texture is almost like a liquid combined with a gel; almost mousse like. It glides on so easily with a brush. No pressing really hard to try and get the color to be as pigmented as it is in the pot. It's a really jet black and it's my go to liner for any look. Plus it's really really waterproof.

London Baby is this gorgeous taupe-gunmetal shade that is so great for light makeup looks because it enhances every eyecolor, and defines the eyes without being harsh. I adore it for its uniqueness and it has the same great texture as the other gel liners and great staying power.

Berlin rocks is a very very good purple liner. Its not a bright purple, but more of a smoky purple. It looks great with my blue-grey eyes, but i think it would look stunning against hazel, green and brown eyes.

Overall, these are some of the greatest little drugstore gems in a very long time. I keep one on my at all times for fear of being without them. I've gotten my sister and soooooo many people hooked on them.

One note of caution: make sure you unscrew and look at the product firs as some people will stick their finger in to feel it and be expecting it to be much harder than it is and leave a giant finger print in it. So make sure yours isn't one and you are making the best purchase for under $4 that you have in a long time.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Ivytje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These are absolutely one of the best out there! I have all colors, except black and I really love them. They are very longlasting, have to use a waterproof remover for them and still it's very hard to remove it. But that's oke, i'd rather like them to stay and don't wanna leave instead of leave when I don't want them to :) And the price, very cheap! I think about 3 Euro's at the most lol! Very good deal, right?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This. Stuff. Is. AMAZING. I got the color London Baby and it instantly topped the list of my favorite gel liners. The color is a gorgeous taupe/gunmetal type color, the texture of this is amazingly soft (similar to my previous favorite - Cinque), it's very pigmented, lasts all day and it's CHEAP. I can't say enough good things about it. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! It's inexpensive, goes on smoothly, and doesn't budge once it dries. It's much better than the ELF cream liner which dried out on me after a couple of months. I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

I have two and i always reach for them. love them, and they are so cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by RedHairAndNeonSpirit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up this product because I heard good things about gel eyeliner. It's supposed to be much easier to apply than liquid and stay longer. Well this product DID! I have it in black and I really like it. I use the Essence gel liner brush with it and it's very easy to put on. I didn't know it was waterproof, so it takes awhile to take off. This is a VERY good alternative to those expensive gel eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Impulse buy at Ulta. Got it in a plum shade called "Berlin Rocks." The color is almost identical to L'Oreal's Hip in Eggplant, but at less than half the price! I think this goes on much smoother, too! Very nice, creamy consistency & stays on. Would definitely buy again. Looking forward to trying more colors in this line!
Every Essence product I've tried has been great! It's really a nice line of well-performing, yet VERY affordable products!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by SaltSugarJam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Jesus its amazing, i bought the sparkly brown one its called "02 London Baby" only $5.95 AUD which is AMAZING for a gel liner in oz, much cheaper that the Maybelline one and the pigment is MUCH stronger, also this brand does no test on animals!

Jesus need more of this, they had a whole stand at Broadway shopping centre, but they dont have the whole line of Essence in all shopping centres where i live :( !

Im definitely gonna purchase some more from this brand.
Go for it! You cant lose anything from buying this!

I cannot describe the colour at all! It looks like a gun metal grey with purple undertones, however purple brown grey in some lightings, oh its amazing! Buy it! It is so much creamier and more pigmented than the Maybelline gel liner.