August 31, 2014 | 1028 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by sm91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is adorable and I typically really like Lancome mascaras, (my favourite of them being Hypnose Drama) but there was such hype about this product and I really didn't love it. This is NOT the product for ladies like myself with short, light lashes who want volume, length and that "false lash" look. I can see it working on someone with thicker and naturally darker lashes because it will enhance and seperate, however this was not the product for me. If you're looking for volume go for Hypnose Drama, its way better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by FiendGirl138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me qualify my review first by saying I have dark, thickish lashes. I tend to love mascaras that will take them to 'false lash' status. I love Diorshow, Benefit They're Real, YSL Faux Cils, Lancome Hypnose Volume. Oh, and Too Faced Size Queen! So yeah, I like drama. This is not that type of mascara. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it was definitley a bit more ooph than this provided. That being said, I find myself reaching for this a lot more than I originally thought I would. The brush is nice, it applies the product evenly and it doesn't clump at all. It layers GREAT! Even with three layers, this refuses to clump. Do I like having to apply three layers? No, but for daytime its nice. I also find that going from day to night is fairly easy with this formula because even after it dries, I can add another layer(or two). I think with a name like Doll Lashes, it should deliver more dramatic results, but in general I'm liking it. I had planned to return to Sephora after my initial use but honestly I'm going to keep this as a go to for daytime....girls with lighter, finer lashes will like this formula a lot because it isn't heavy at all. Also stays in place very well!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by mmaryy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Think really hard before buying this mascara, think "doll lashes", the lashes of the dolls you had when you were a little girl (thin, seperated), use common sense. If you want your lashes to look thin and seperated like a doll, this is for you! but be forwarned, in my opinion this mascara does not give volume, lengthening. thickness or the false lashes effect at all, I will not repurchase this again, can't say that I recommend it since I'm not into the doll lashes look but going to take this back and exchange it for the regular Hypnose that everyone keeps bragging about is better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disappointing to say the least. The brush is what does it in for me. The bristles on the wide end are too long and don't even seem to pick up any mascara at all. You'd think by looking at the brush that the smaller tip would get the tiny inner lashes and the larger end would plump up the outter lashes and that is so NOT the case. I had to go over my outter lashes with the smaller tip to get anything on them at all. Strange concept of a brush. The smaller tip is good for the little lower lashes and you can get it to work for you top outter lashes but what a waste of 1/2 a brush.
Regular Hypnose is much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love lancome mascaras and rotate between definicils and hypnose, so I thought I'd try this new one. I really didn't like it. There isn't ONE good thing to say. I didn't know it was possible for a mascara to make me look like I had less lashes! It drooped so much that I looked like a lashless turtle within an hour. Also, my eyes even began to itch around the lash line, so this formula must contain some really different ingredients than the other lancome ones. I hope to return it -- I won't even give it a 2nd chance.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by maconly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just don't get these positive reviews. This mascara sucks. I am a Lancome mascara lover, and am a faithful Hypnose Drama user, and the Doll lashes just pales in comparison. Drama is awesome, thickening and contributing to the 'false' look, it's tough to use at first, but after that, it's the best mascara out there as far as I'm concerned.
Don't buy this, it's a major letdown which is surprising coming from Lancome. Too bad :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by pearce38

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the lancome hypnose mascara used for a while now, saw dolls eyes version thought give it a go and wow very impressed! Cone shape of the brush reaches all my lashes even my bottom one's leaving them long separated and thick plus very intense black. I know is an expensive mascara but tried cheaper one's before and do not do want they say so end buying dearer one in the end anyway! I f you want long thick lucsious lashes this is the mascara for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by sonjabra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tested this the other day in our department store and was so impressed that I got myself a tube right away. The regular Hypnose has been my HG ever since I tried it the first time, but this one took it's place!

First, the brush: It picks up just the right amount of mascara from the first day - with regular Hypnose, I had to wipe off the brush the first 2-3 weeks as it picks up too much in the beginning (same with Hypnose waterproof). I don't have this issue with Doll Lashes, and the conical brush is very easy to handle.

The durability of this mascara is awesome: I got caught in heavy rain today, and since Doll Lashes isn't waterproof, I thought I would get panda eyes - but nope! My lashes stuck together a bit, but the mascara stayed on them nicely. A huge plus in my book.

As every mascara, I use this together with Cils Booster. The effect is awesome without Cils Booster aswell, but I simply go for every little extra-oompf I can get...;-) My lashes get nice and fluttery with this mascara, and it's a nice deep black, very pigmented, no clumps at all, and I'm very happy with the lengthening/voluminizing effect it gives to my lashes.

The tube is very nice, easy on the hand, and very pretty with the flowers on it. I'm not good at describing scents and think that everybody perceives scents differently, but at least to me, the scent of this mascara is delicious. I will for sure buy this again!

I never thought that anything could be better than my beloved Hypnose (which I used faithfully for over a year and people who know me, know that this is long for me to stick with the same mascara, LOL), but Hypnose Doll Lashes is my new HG for sure!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ssnazzy9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did not like this at all. Lashes didn't look thicker, they ended up looking thinner and just spiky. Don't waste your money - very average at best.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by mtack

Not impressed. No a bad mascara if you are looking for natural lashes. However, I want thick, long lahes and Hypnose Doll did not delivered. Did not like the brush either, a little to fat at the base. Basically, this mascara gave me spiky lashes. This is not a mascara to layer.