December 17, 2014 | 1634 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by lurveit914

The mascara does exactly what it says - gives you dolls eyelashes. It will give you longer, separated lashes. The formula does slightly pull down your lashes too which is annoying.

OVERALL - I've got to be honest and say it's truly nothing great and I'm in the many that want it all - long, thick lashes. If I have to settle for only one... having medium length lashes and a quality Shu Uemura eyelash curler - I'll go with volume. Would I buy it again - no, I wouldn't.

EDIT - Ew. I've just checked my face before I wash my makeup off. I've today only had on my normal face makeup and this mascarra.. no eyeliner or eyeshadow. A very clean/fresh Spring face (being in Australia) and the mascarra has run making me have those panda eyes! I normally use Covergirl Lashblast or Revlon Grow Luscious (not waterproof) and have had neither of them do this on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Maddy60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can understand the negative reviews by users who expected the Hypnose formula. Lancome really should've marketed this under the Extencils line because it is handdown THE BEST lengthing mascara they've created!. I think it's great for those who use mascara to create longer lashes. For those who expect thickness as well as length, well I think you'll be disappointed. But I've always been an Extencils user and this is a wonderful mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Royallieu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I quite like this mascara. You cannot compare it to something like Hypnose Drama because it is meant to give you a different result... I imagine "doll lashes" are long, separated, and fluttery, not chunky and voluminous. This mascara does just what I thought it would do, gives my lashes fantastic length and separation. It certainly has a drier formula, something I am sure quite a few girls will appreciate, and some, not so much. After two coats of this I think my lashes look quite amazing, though I think it is best to apply a second coat immediately after the first because this mascara dries so quickly. That is just my personal preference, and I would probably buy this mascara again, but before you do, try to think about what you want from a mascara as other Lancome products might suit your wants better. You cannot blame this product for not living up to your expectations if you expected it to work exactly like your other favorite Lancome mascara. :P

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh. That's how I feel about this mascara. While I do like the cone-shaped wand a lot, I think the formula is too dry, and this causes major fallout before I'm even out of the bathroom. If I could, I would return it, but now, it'll probably annoy me until I throw it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by sm91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is adorable and I typically really like Lancome mascaras, (my favourite of them being Hypnose Drama) but there was such hype about this product and I really didn't love it. This is NOT the product for ladies like myself with short, light lashes who want volume, length and that "false lash" look. I can see it working on someone with thicker and naturally darker lashes because it will enhance and seperate, however this was not the product for me. If you're looking for volume go for Hypnose Drama, its way better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by FiendGirl138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me qualify my review first by saying I have dark, thickish lashes. I tend to love mascaras that will take them to 'false lash' status. I love Diorshow, Benefit They're Real, YSL Faux Cils, Lancome Hypnose Volume. Oh, and Too Faced Size Queen! So yeah, I like drama. This is not that type of mascara. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it was definitley a bit more ooph than this provided. That being said, I find myself reaching for this a lot more than I originally thought I would. The brush is nice, it applies the product evenly and it doesn't clump at all. It layers GREAT! Even with three layers, this refuses to clump. Do I like having to apply three layers? No, but for daytime its nice. I also find that going from day to night is fairly easy with this formula because even after it dries, I can add another layer(or two). I think with a name like Doll Lashes, it should deliver more dramatic results, but in general I'm liking it. I had planned to return to Sephora after my initial use but honestly I'm going to keep this as a go to for daytime....girls with lighter, finer lashes will like this formula a lot because it isn't heavy at all. Also stays in place very well!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by mmaryy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Think really hard before buying this mascara, think "doll lashes", the lashes of the dolls you had when you were a little girl (thin, seperated), use common sense. If you want your lashes to look thin and seperated like a doll, this is for you! but be forwarned, in my opinion this mascara does not give volume, lengthening. thickness or the false lashes effect at all, I will not repurchase this again, can't say that I recommend it since I'm not into the doll lashes look but going to take this back and exchange it for the regular Hypnose that everyone keeps bragging about is better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

Disappointing to say the least. The brush is what does it in for me. The bristles on the wide end are too long and don't even seem to pick up any mascara at all. You'd think by looking at the brush that the smaller tip would get the tiny inner lashes and the larger end would plump up the outter lashes and that is so NOT the case. I had to go over my outter lashes with the smaller tip to get anything on them at all. Strange concept of a brush. The smaller tip is good for the little lower lashes and you can get it to work for you top outter lashes but what a waste of 1/2 a brush.
Regular Hypnose is much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love lancome mascaras and rotate between definicils and hypnose, so I thought I'd try this new one. I really didn't like it. There isn't ONE good thing to say. I didn't know it was possible for a mascara to make me look like I had less lashes! It drooped so much that I looked like a lashless turtle within an hour. Also, my eyes even began to itch around the lash line, so this formula must contain some really different ingredients than the other lancome ones. I hope to return it -- I won't even give it a 2nd chance.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by maconly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just don't get these positive reviews. This mascara sucks. I am a Lancome mascara lover, and am a faithful Hypnose Drama user, and the Doll lashes just pales in comparison. Drama is awesome, thickening and contributing to the 'false' look, it's tough to use at first, but after that, it's the best mascara out there as far as I'm concerned.
Don't buy this, it's a major letdown which is surprising coming from Lancome. Too bad :(