September 1, 2014 | 1614 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by entrep007

I really enjoyed this product for my acne. I have been struggling with acne for about 10 years and nothing has seemed to work until I used this product. I have often got cystic type acne on my chin. I use two pumps of this foaming cleanser with 2 pumps of the ultra-calming foaming cleanser. The mixture of these two cleansers is just enough so your skin doesn't over dry...Your skin is left smooth, soft and acne scars start to fade....

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

I just hated this stuff. It didn't take make-up off, though I'm not sure it is meant to, but it also dried my skin out terribly. It's weird, it doesn't remove make-up, but it seems to remove all of the good oils. It smells weird, and it just isn't pleasant to use. I used an entire bottle thinking that maybe I just had to give it time to work, but no, it sucked. It actually made me break out more...I'm guessing from the overcleansing that had to be done in order to remove the make-up coupled with the drying effect. I would never buy this again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by a1974_

I've been using this cleanser for two years now. I was so happy when I first started using it because it was so gentle and didn't make my face feel tight afterward. It wasn't drying and helped keep my breakouts at bay. HOWEVER, they recently changed the formula. I called Aveeno to ask if they did, but they said that they didn't. It smells weird and doesn't work as well as it used to. Trust me, I know that something is different. I don't know what to do! It was the only face wash that worked well with my skin. I guess I'll just have to find a new one...but who knows how long that will take.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I switched this into my normal 3-step routine when my cleanser ran out, and my skin is looking better. The deep red marks I had on my cheeks are fading, and it has given my face a nice glow. Also when you wash it off you can immediately feel that your skin is alot softer...which is nice because the stuff goes on very thin and transparent (im used to cream so I don't like this aspect very much) when I look in the mirror my face is GLOWING and so clean :) it is a little drying, but nothing a light moisturizer afterwards can't fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by krista187

my new FAVE face wash ever! I've been having a hard time finding a good face wash. the past few years I've had major/painful breakouts around my jawline/chin area. Other products I used were to harsh! I always thought that anything with a "moisturizer" face wash would make me break out more! NOT! It actually helped my skin. By using HARSHER producters it can take your natural skin's oil and make your skin dry causing it to produce un-necceseary(sp) oil. Plus my cheeks arent dry anymore. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS! give it month cuz when you switch to a new product your skin has to adjust. It's cleared up my acne!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by JessoXD

This face wash is OK. It doesn't help my acne as much as using a regular face wash followed by spot treatments, but it does help some and doesn't dry my skin out like other complexion clearing cleansers do. I don't like the scent. Might repurchase in a pinch.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by elocink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product for a couple of years and it worked wonderful......or so I thought. I was on bc at the time I was using this and when I got off bc my acne came back. So I realized that it was not the cleanser but the bc that kept my face clear :( I still have some under my bathroom counter and once in a while I'll get it out and use it hoping for results and everytime nothing happens. Also it does absolutely nothing to get makeup off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This left my typically oily skin tight, dry and irritated. AND it broke me out, too. Probably from the irritation it was causing. This was a huge PASS for me. I love Aveeno bath and shower products so very much, I hate that their facial products are so hit or miss.... mostly miss.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2008 4:40:00 AM More reviews by deealigator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, I definitely didn't love this. I don't think it really cleared my skin up at all. It was slightly drying for me. It removed my makeup just fine, but I don't wear really heavy makeup. I'm not buying this again. Actually, I don't even know if I'll finish this bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Collegegrad

This product definitely reduces the shine. I used to use the Proactiv system, which increased the oiliness of my skin. However, after using Aveeno, I feel like the problem is under control. For those with oily skin, I suggest giving this product a try. Unlike previous cleansers that I've used, this one doesn't leave a residue afterwards. My face feels absolutely clean. I noticed the lack of dirt on the cotton pad after toning. 1-2 pumps is sufficient enough to cleanse the face. I use this at least twice a day and the bottle lasts me at least three months. If you're looking for a product that cleans well, then I recommend giving this a try.