Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 12/4/2008 10:30:00 AM

This was gentle enough for when my skin was sensitive. It made my skin feel soft.

on 11/25/2008 3:25:00 PM

Pros:

-Smells nice
-Cleans oil and even makeup off my face
-Doesn't cause me to break out more
-Pretty bottle

Cons:

-Can be a bit drying sometimes but I always use a moisturizer anytime I was my face so doesn't really bother me

I will continue to buy this cleanser :)

on 11/18/2008 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I thought this product would hep with my blemishes and discoloration for acne but it didn't. It made my skin EXTREMELY DRY. My skin was so dry, i had white flakes all over my face...and no, it wasn't b/c i used the product too much. It also made my skin break out. I stopped using it for a while and this tried it once more to give it another try but once again i broke out the next day and had to put a lot of lotion to combat the dryness.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my nighttime cleanser since I use St. Ives protective cleanser with spf 10 during the day and dermatologist don't recommend using cleansers that contain spf at night.
I have been using this product since September and so far it heals my break-outs as well as prevented them. It is such a gentle cleanser and I don't find it that drying at all although I use Eucerin Q10 anti-wrinkle moisturizer afterwards. I also really like that it comes in a convenient pump.

1. Great Price+1
2. Heals/prevents my break-outs. +1
3. Convenient packaging (pump)+1
4. Gentle cleanser. +1
5. Oil- free/ soap-free/ Hypoallergenic. +1

on 11/1/2008 2:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used this product for about 5 months, during the hot summer. I really liked that it was gentle. My face is acne-prone: my cheeks are dry but still break out now and then, and my t-zone is wicked oily. I use topical acne products on the bad spots, but this was great for controlling breakouts all over because it wasn't harsh enough to dry (only .5% salicylic acid). When my bottle ran out (it lasted 5 months!) I switched from this to an unmedicated Aveeno cleanser since winter is coming and I don't need as many acne products in the winter, but I would definitely use this again next summer if it's still around. I recommend it to people who want a little acne help in a very gentle form. I had no problem with dryness but again, I was using it during the hotter months and I have oily skin overall. Last note: it helps if you really massage it in before rinsing.

on 11/1/2008 2:45:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product, but unfortunately I broke out after using it.

on 10/21/2008 4:55:00 PM

This product seems really gentle and I like the foaming/lather it creates when I use it. No clogged pores with this cleanser. My concern is though it rates 7/10 on the hazard scale at Skin Deep, so I'd opt for a more natural cleanser. Don't know about the cleanser making my face dry out...maybe a little.

on 10/14/2008 3:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used this a few times while staying over at my brother's place- I liked it at first, since it cleaned my skin well, but after using it continuously for a few days, I noticed dry patches on my face. My skin doesn't tend to dry out too easily, but some ingredient in this caused areas around my nose, jaw and cheeks to start to dry out and flake. It doesn't have a high concentration on salicylic acid (just 0.5 %), so I was a little surprised when my face started drying out. I've used acne washes with up to 2% salicylic acid content, and most of them did not irritate my skin. I noticed a few pesky little bumps appear after using this. This isn't the worst face wash I've used, but my skin did not react well to it. It smells wonderful and foams up nicely, but some people might find excess dryness with continued use.

on 10/10/2008 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Dried out and irritated my oily skin. Unscented soap beats this!!

on 9/12/2008 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I really enjoyed this product for my acne. I have been struggling with acne for about 10 years and nothing has seemed to work until I used this product. I have often got cystic type acne on my chin. I use two pumps of this foaming cleanser with 2 pumps of the ultra-calming foaming cleanser. The mixture of these two cleansers is just enough so your skin doesn't over dry...Your skin is left smooth, soft and acne scars start to fade....