Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 6/20/2013 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I must be using this wrong.

Firstly, I bought this on eBay as I couldn't find it locally. I got #54 which is too dark and too pink for my NC 35 yellow/neutral skin. But that's not the fault of the product, just a bad guess on my part.

When first applied, it looks ok. Not great, but just ok. Its medium coverage which I do like. Some days too dewy so I put a powder over to fix it, no biggie. The finish is ok, nothing great.

The worst part, by far, is the lasting power. 16 hours? That's a joke. It llasts about 2 hours or so on me.

No, I won't buy it again.

on 6/17/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

OH MY WORD
This stuff is magic. MAGIC i tell you.
Ok maybe it isn't magic, but it's pretty awesome. Firstly, it smells fantastic. Don't worry though, you can't smell it on your face after you apply it.
I love how this blends into my skin giving a dewy finish, and it LOOKS LIKE SKIN. I've heard it being called a light coverage foundation, but it is VERY buildable. With a little concealer it covers redness very well. Just build up the coverage and it becomes a good medium coverage. I don't really believe in heavy coverage foundations anyways, they are always too cakey and heavy. In my opinion it's better to use a medium coverage and a concealer on spots.

I would not recommend this for oily skin. Combination maybe. Dry = DEFINITELY.
I was originally using Clinique acne solutions foundation, but found it to be too drying, heavy and it oxidizes pretty badly..
I don't find this oxidizes. I do the hand test and leave it on all day. The clinique foundation gets so orange as the day goes on, this stays blended in with my hand.

I would definitely bring a compact around especially in the summer, because it is a dewy finish and sometimes it can get a little too dewy.. But with a little powder it is perfectly fine.

One problem with this foundation line is the colour choices. They are all very yellow toned. I am a 53 Light Beige in the summer, and a 52 in the winter, and it is a little bit too yellow for me, but it actually blends in very well as long as you apply it well.
I wish they would come out with more colours, especially since they discontinued the original Healthy Mix Foundation. Please Bourjois please!!

I do agree with some that say it doesn't last all day. For some reason that doesn't bother me enough to take a lippie off though. Just carry a compact with you.

on 6/12/2013 7:07:00 AM

It's ok, it didn't give me acne which is a plus but I feel like it just sits on top of the skin, it's really greasy, oxidises quickly, I always need powder with this but it turns the foundation cakey

on 6/10/2013 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Thanks to the reviewer who pointed out how good this is for oily skin ! I'm not keen on heavy foundation, but sometimes want little bit more coverage than BB cream or mineral powder and this is lovely ! I like the fresh smell (but then I like Garnier BB and Elnet hairspray) and it fades quickly anyway. Even my OH who notices nothing said my skin looked "really nice" with this - praise indeed. I had looked at several much more expensive options for a summer foundation (Chanel, Benefit etc) but am thrilled to have found this which looks better than anything else I tried.
It gives light/medium coverage, a slight glow (not at all greasy looking though), not sure about longevity as I haven't tried all day yet. I bought shade 52 and normally wear the second lightest neutral/warm shade in most foundations

on 6/7/2013 11:11:00 PM

This is a nice foundation with light coverage for daily use. It has a very natural finish for that 'no make-up' look and texture is nice, it hydrates the dry parts of my face. Unfortunately, my T-Zone gets oily with this, especially now that it's really warm outside...so I still need to use pressed powder to set this foundation in, and I have to powder my face every few hours. Compared to Bourjois's Flower Perfection Youth Extension liquid foundation, this one offers less coverage and is more 'dewy'. FPYE is drying on my face on its own, but nothing that some moisturizer can't take care of, I prefer the medium coverage, it gives a matt, yet still natural, finish, it also doesn't get my T-Zone oily even if I forget to set my face with powder after applying it, which is fantastic. I will use this up, but I won't repurchase. If I want a natural finish with no mattifying properties, I will just stick to regular tinted moisturizer. I will return to FPYE next time, it was a mistake to switch to this. Maybe Healthy Mix would have worked better for me in the winter months when my skin gets dry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This foundation leaves an, indeed, healthy finish on my skin, it just kind of glows, but at the same time it's still matte. I would say it has a "real skin" finish. My skin can react badly to fruit-based products, but so far I haven't had any allergic reactions to it. I am shade #52 which only one store carries here (most of them carry from #53 ahead). Some shops carry #51 in the UK, but apparently in other places in Europe that one is even harder to get than #52.

Healthy Mix Serum has a lighter coverage than classic Healthy Mix, but now that my skin is looking really good and it's summer I think that works well for me, plus it feels really good on the skin and some people have commented on the fact that it looks like I am not wearing any makeup at all, so I definitely cannot complain. It is also the perfect mix of golden and rosy, so it doesn't look yellow on neutral-toned face. I apply it with my fingers, it sets really nicely and doesn't oxidise through the day. I use the Healthy Mix concealer with it and it covers what the foundation can't, definitely making the two of them a great tandem. It doesn't stick to dry patches either, which is a plus.

I would say this is an all-around great foundation if you don't need too much coverage and want your skin to look natural.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on Accutane right now, a pretty intense pill to cure acne, so my skin has its ups and downs (and I'm talking pretty extreme ups and downs too). But I would take looking like a pepperoni pizza over looking really cake-y, where it's obvious I'm wearing foundation.

Well, this foundation was the answer to all my prayers! It's light, but in a way that really covers my redness well. I still might use some extra concealer on bad days for extra coverage, but usually this foundation is all I need. But the best part about it is that it goes on my skin so smoothly and blends well over the dry patches of skin. Maybe that has to do with the gel forumla.

My mother and best friend (who are very prone to critiquing my appearance) even asked me if I was even wearing foundation in the first place. Which is a total compliment! It looks just like a "second skin." I think that's the term all the beauty gurus use.

It's has a quite dewy finish, so I do find that I have to powder my face after using it. I have the lightest shade (Vanille Clair) and I find it runs a bit yellow, so I do have to blend it down my neck a bit. They don't have any fair neutral toned options I'm afraid.

I find it lasts alright on me, though without any powder over it, the lasting power could differ. It also has a scent to it, which I find alright and not too overpowering to the senses.

Overall, Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation is the only foundation I've ever really liked, and it is relatively cheap!

on 6/6/2013 10:27:00 AM

First of all, I would like to say that shade 51 is the perfect match for my light skin with neutral to yellow undertones (probably the shade closest to my skin colour that I've found so far). This 'serum' seems to have a light coverage, which is great if you have pretty good skin however if you have a lot to cover, I wouldn't recommend this foundation. Personally, I find my self reaching for this when my skin is being 'good' and I want something that feels light on the skin. Most of the time I only have a bit of redness to cover, and Bourjois' Healthy Mix Serum seems to hide most of it, although I do find myself having to apply concealer to my dark undereye circles. I really like the consistency of this foundation - it applies amazingly. I also think that this foundation smells gorgeous? I s'pose that's because of the claims of 'fruit therapy' which is fun although the smell fades quickly so it should be ok if you have a sensitive nose. On me, this foundation has a slightly dewy finish, although it claims to be 'semi-matte' on the bottle. The only problem is, I find that this foundation can become a bit cakey if you apply too much, although this might just be my skin, which can be quite dry at time. The lasting power isn't amazing either, although, for the price of this foundation, I wouldn't exactly say it's bad.

Overall, if you're looking for a decent drugstore foundation, then I'd say the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is a good choice.

on 6/5/2013 11:26:00 AM

I bought this in the lightest shade #51. I have neutral undertones, and yes, I do have a hard time finding the right foundation. Some looks pale&pink, some looks yellow&odd. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum falls into the yellow&odd category.
It looks dark on me, and I'm not even 'the fairest of them all'.
I don't get the glowy-healthy thing either. One thing I know for sure: this makes my skin itch and my forehead.gets congested.

It was ok. Just a bit standard really. It doesn't really last long on the face, not even with a primer. After a few hours it goes a bit dry and crusty looking, then after some more hours it basically looks like there's nothing on the face. I've used this for a few months so I know what I'm talking about. Definitely will not be repurchasing ever.