December 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a holy grail foundation for anyone with yellow or olive undertones. I have quite an olive toned/medium complexion and this is one of the best matches I've found, compared to drugstore foundations which tend to run pink or beige. I have shade 53 Beige Clair. For reference I purchased this during summer when I was NC30 and am now NC25, so I just mix with a bit of paler neutral foundation (Revlon ColorStay Sand Beige) and it's fine.

Healthy Mix Serum Gel doesn't last quite as long as Revlon ColorStay, but it does give a much healthier and glowier look compared to the matte and heavy Revlon. The foundation itself is a bit runny but has great coverage. I can't speak for acne and scarring as my skin is in pretty good shape, but it covers areas of different pigmentation with no problem.

This gets a 5/5 from me for the color match and hygienic pump in the packaging. I bought this from Shopper's in Canada for ~$30.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I think it's incredibly good value and you get lots for your money. I love the gel consistency although It could go on better as it's quite thick for a liquid foundation but one its blended in with a brush it's fine. The finish gives me a nice glow, healthy mix is just the name for it. It also smells pleasant.

The colour I bought is a little too dark for me but I just blend really well. I'll definitely repurchase again at a lighter shade.

My one gripe with this foundation ( a common complaint with cheaper foundations) is that it does not stay on all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by paslarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought it would take me a lot of time and products to find my HG foundation but I've finally found it. I tried MAC, NARS, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Laura Mercier, Chanel but they've got nothing on this foundation. Both the formula and the color match perfectly my skin, I am number 55 and it looks and feels super natural. I have combination and dry skin and most foundations cling to the dry patches and break me out but this is super light but covers very naturally the areas of redness. It has a lovely smell of fruits , very similar to Benefit's Coralista but it fades within minutes. And the price is another plus, it's half of what a MAC foundation costs and it has become my favorite by far!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by waRney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Firstly, I have extremely oily skin with and without make-up.
I'm not the kind to wear foundation as an everyday basis, I either use just tinted moisterizer by The Balm(which is amazing, btw!) and concealer or concealer on it's own.

Finally, about this foundation. I wish my country carries more shades. The darkest is 53, which is a little bit light for my medium skin tone but whatever, still works I guess.
It is honestly one of the first foundation that I like alot! In the past, I've only used 2 kind of foundation from different brands.

This is one great product! It is PERFECT for people who wants a light foundation,especially if you still have to use concealer!
The coverage is extremely buildable, if covers uneven skin tone, minor redness.
On top of that, it smells hella GOOOD!! :D
Also, honestly, my face gets a little bit oily throughout the day when I wore this but seriously... I don't even care cos no matter what I wear on my face, sh*t gets oily! hahaha

Let me summarize for you..

PROS:
Smells good
Buildable
Good coverage
Semi-matte finish
Awesome packaging(Comes with a pump!)

CONS:
Narrow range of shades

Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Performance: This is such a lovely foundation, I have both Healthy Mix & Healthy Mix Serum & I much prefer the serum one, the texture is thinner and the coverage is more natural compare to the regular Healthy Mix, it blends effortlessly & brightens my complexion beautifully, it doesn't oxidize into another shade. I typically don't prime or set makeup up & this lasts about 5-6 hours on my combo skin, which is superb considering how lightweight is it!

Aesthetic: The foundation is nicely packaged in a slim plastic bottle with a pump, which elongates the longevity of the product, I am not a fan of fragrance because it accounts for majority of reaction/ irritation, BUT I love this foundation's scent, very sweet & fruity, although it does not linger on my face.

Overall I really enjoy this foundation & have already repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Mitsukiii

I feel that this product is great. The smell is amazing smells so fruity and nice.The coverage is good, it covers my redness and evens my skin tone. The color if fantastic, it doesn't look orange-y or too pale. (I'm using shade 52) Overall this foundation is great would definitely buy again c:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by settex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this product! If I were to choose a drugstore foundation, I would choose this foundation. I tried several foundations from the drugstore but they seem not to top of this brilliant foundation. I heard this foundation is almost a dupe of the Chanel Lumiere, I wouldn't be surprised because this foundation is soo silky, gives good coverage and its very gentle on the skin. It is not cakey and it does not give a scent/smell like some drugstore foundation does. For me, this is best applied with fingers. This is because I like the product to blend right into my skin. However, colour ranges are very limited. Great product though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by sjearc

This is a great foundation! I usually use more expensive foundations such as Dior, Estee Lauder, Clinique, but bought this with my Boots points after hearing good things about it. It's priced at about £10 and I have to say is amazing value! I prefer a slightly heavier foundation in winter (just my personal preference), but for summer it's become a staple for me. It's light to medium coverage, very wearable, gives a glowing, dewy, healthy finish. I've run out of it now, but will be re-purchasing for the summer! It really is a great foundation for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by 4nn41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

An amazing foundation! It's so light, natural looking, super nice feel even on my oily skin! The coverage is light - medium buildable. It lasts forever on the skin looks amazing. Has a lovely satin - dewy finish, doesn't look shiny on oily skin! I love this a staple in my makeup collection! Wonderful!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by kk0101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I THINK this clogged my pores. I don't love slamming a product because it clogged my pores as my pores are easily cloggable and you never know if it's something else ie. the humid weather here, hormones making my skin oilier etc. But I'm fairly sure this had a role to play. It's quite dewy, which would be lovely on a normal skin type. But on my oily skin it was sticky and uncomfortable. It lasts all day (with a little setting powder) but would get slimy on my face without blotting 2-3 times a day. This was a big deal breaker as lately I haven't even had that much trouble with oil. And finally it clogged up my pores quite a bit. If I had less sensitive and dry-normal skin I would say this would be perfect. I loved the sheer but nice coverage. And the colours are really good and blend in very well. I'd give it a go if you're a person that is not extremely oily/breakout prone.