September 30, 2014 | 2064 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by thy733

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this brush.. I got it for only $5 with my coupon and it's awesome for foundation application! I'm about to go buy another one..

The white bristles are longer and so i feel like it gently spreads the foundation better... totally buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by HunieBzzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the price it's a fantastic brush, plus it's vegan. This beats my MAC 187 short handle brush and that nasty coastal scent brush hands down. I've used it with liquid foundation and it applies really well. It's almost as good as the Sigma flat top kabuki brush. The bristles are good quality, but the Sigma one is more dense, that is the only difference and the only area of my face that I could tell a difference between the two brushes is my nose. The rest of my face looked the same (to be fair my nose is my problem area with redness). With the RT brush I had to stipple not swipe on my nose to get the same effect as the Sigma.

The RT brush is better priced, $9.99 vs $16, and I didn't pay full price since Ulta has buy 1 get 50% off (Sale ends May 8, 2011) and I used the Ulta $3.50 coupon. Before taxes that comes out to be $6.49. For a better deal combine this with another $9.99 brush and use the $3.50 coupon; that knocks it down to $5.74 each before taxes.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to admit, this brush has been getting more use then my MAC 188. The bristles are firm and not scratchy. It blends very smoothly, almost making my foundation disappear into my skin. I love the pink and black handle, and it feels solid.

Update 2/25/12

Still loving this brush and its holding up well with daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by dustcakegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a great brush. I got this so I could try out the "stippling" effect with my foundation. I apply dots of foundation on my face (forehead, cheeks, nose, chin) and then just dab it with the stippling brush until it's blended. It gives a great airbrushed effect, and it doesn't look streaky like you can get if you use a regular foundation brush or a sponge.

I like this brush, I think the pink aluminum ferrule is sleek-looking, I love that it's synthetic hair. The bristles are the duo-fiber look. It can stand up by itself too, since the bottom of the handle is flat, which is neat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by synmyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I first heard about the Real Techniques brushes about a week and a half ago. I'm familiar with Pixiwoo and have seen a handful of their YouTube videos. I was curious though skeptical when I read that Sam Chapman had created her own line of makeup brushes, but the prices are so reasonable--especially with Ulta running specials on them right now--that I couldn't resist purchasing a number of them to try out.

For my eczematic, rosacea-prone, highly sensitive skin, these RT brushes have been love at first touch. This stippling brush is now one of my favorites--soooo soft and perfectly sized for a controlled application. And when I say that this brush is soft, you can bet it is, because brushes that are "soft" to others, are frequently too rough for my crazy skin. I can stipple and buff freely with this brush without irritation.

This stippling brush is wonderful for liquids, creams, and powders. It blends like a dream and I find myself reaching for it before all my other brushes. It's the perfect combination of softness and firmness. No shedding, washes well, and looks so cute with its pink and black handle.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a second one because I love this brush so much...that's *if* I can get my hands on one, since all three Ultas near me have been picked clean of their supplies.

UPDATE: I've now been using this brush for a number of weeks, and my initial infatuation has blossomed into true love! I just bought a second one because I use this brush every day and can not live without a backup. It's unlike any other stippling brush I've tried--not too big and not too small, stiff yet soft, so multi-purpose and effective. I can use a single brush for foundation, blush, powder, highlighter, bronzer. Out of all the Real Techniques brushes--and I've tried them all--this is my absolute favorite.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a little torn on this brush, but only in terms of using it for what it is intended! First, I will say that I LOVE that this brush is a short bristled stippling brush. What has been forever turning me off to stippling brushes is that the bristles are too long!!! I feel like I have such little control of a brush when they are that long, and when it comes to applying your foundation with that brush, you want to be sure that you have control and that you're able to blend product in effectively. I've used this with my LORAC Natural Performance liquid foundation, and feel like I need to use more foundation to cover my face when working with this brush, than I do when I'm just using my fingers to apply. So, I don't know that I will continue to use this as my foundation brush. However, I feel that this would work brilliantly as a bronzer or bush brush (especially cream products). This brush is one of a kind, I think...in terms of the short stature of the bristles. It does buff nicely, and maybe that is why I feel like I am using more product, because it is being buffed into my skin so efficiently!
EDIT: while this does buff nicely, I feel like this really doesn't work well for foundation. This may work better at buffing in powder products.