November 24, 2014 | 1023 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by ChanelCoco4412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the mousse dye in number 41, delicate iced choc, and my hair previously was a very light, sandy brown (yes I was worried it would be a risk dyeing such light hair so dark).
This was BY FAR the BEST at home dyeing experience I've had! The mousse is so so easy to apply, doesn't drip and doesn't stink. Also my biggest problem with normal dyes had been that they did not colour through ALL of my thick, long hair, despite using two packs. With the L'oreal mousse I found i only needed one pack (shocking!) and it coloured through perfectly! Every single hair! The colour looks exactly like on the box which is also surprising. It's a dark, deep and rich brown. The colour is BEAUTIFUL, i'm very happy.
One minus is that before I blowdried it, the hair seemed like it had been dried out, but once I dried it it was super shiny and healthy looking, and has stayed that way.
I'm really really pleased with this product, and super happy to finally find a home-dye that is hairdresser quality! :D

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lizdaniels71

Always used L'oreal castings that lasts upto 6 weeks which covers my grey perfectly & grows out as opposed to washing out. |This time however, I thought I would give sublime mousse ago in Golden brown it was really easy to apply no mess left on for 30 minutes but it hasnt covered any of my grey at all would not recomend to anyone

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Kimaloo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair is naturally a mousy brown, very fine with a bit of wave to it. I typically dye my hair darker at home about once every 6 weeks and I've used all sorts of dyes and various brands. I decided to try the mousse hair dye since the color is applied root to tip and I didn't have to worry about doing my hair in sections like I typically do with touch ups. I used #40 Pure Dark Brown and it came out wonderfully. I was skeptical about the color being even since the dye is applied all at one time but it actually came out that way, all one shade root to tip. My hair felt really silky and shiny plus it combed easily after conditioning. The color is a nice and rich, dark brown with slight red undertones. The only downside this of this product for me is the time. I've been spoiled to 10 minute color so having to wait 30 minutes seemed like an eternity but I think the results were worth the wait.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by brittany52992

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really wanted to try the new mousse hair color. and there was about 4 brands that had it and i went with loreal because it had the iced dark brown and i really like the look of the color. it was very easy to apply. and im pleased with the color too. im definetly gonna keep using this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by missykecken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I HAVE TO ADMIT, I THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS GOING TO BE A BIG JOKE & WASTE OF TIME, MONEY & SO MUCH MORE... BUT I ADMIT... I WAS WRONG!!! THIS PRODUCT HAS MADE HISTORY IN MY EYES!! ITS AWESOME!! I WILL NEVER EVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HAVING TO WAIT TO GO TO THE HAIR DRESSER ANYMORE TO GET MY HAIR COLOR OR MY ROOTS DONE!! THIS IS MAGIC!! I GIVE IT AN A+++!! IT WAS SOOOOOOOOO EASY TO USE AND ITS KIND OF LIKE JUST SHAMPOOING IT INTO YOUR HAIR, AND JUST WAITING 30 MINS AND RINSE OUT AND WOW... YOU HAVE GORGEOUS, TOTALLY SHINY, AND NO GRAYS AT ALL HAIR!! I CANT WAIT TO USE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!! I THANK WHOEVER THOUGHT OF THIS!! I JUST WISH IT WOULD HAVE COME OUT YEARS AGO!! TOTALLY AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TO EVERYONE!! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by terracotta88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

L'Oreal should be ashamed of themselves for selling this crap! I think they probably rushed it a little to jump in on the *foam hair color trend* and maybe shoulda done some more testing.
I had medium golden brown hair with fold and red highlights. I also had 2 inches of gray roots. Usually I would not be coloring my hair myself.....about 6 times a year I am a hair model.....different salons in the area use me to cut my hair, color it, do highlights, etc. These services are free. This is a way for junior stylists to get some experience, and it works well for me also. I had a gig for highlights, but I needed to not have any visible roots, and didn't have time to set up a base color gig anywhere else.
Anyway, I did some research, and I though the foam thing would be easy enough for me to do myself. I bought medium blonde, since the actual color I wanted was a dark honey blonde.
To it's credit, it mixed up ok, and didn't smell bad. It went on ok, but my hair isn't very long....barely to my shoulders, and there wasn't enough product to evenly saturate my hair. I did my best though.
I let it sit for 30 minutes like it said. after that, I rinsed it out, then put on the conditioner for 5 mintes, and rinsed it out.
OMG......I could not comb my hair.....it was that ratty and nasty feeling! I put some argan oil in it and finally, carefully got the tangles out.
I carefully towelled it almost dry, then took a look.
I am not sure which was worse....the color or the texture.
The color was bad.Just wrong. A pukey medium brown, No highlights. Just flat. Except for NONE of my grays were covered. AT all! *&%#!!!!
And the texture......so icky......spongy feeling.......and so fly-away! My hair has never felt like this. My hair has always been soft and thick and healthy. I feal so ugly right now. And the highlights gig......I can't do it......the stylist was worried he might damage my hair further. I WILL be writing L'Oreal!

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by divinemissjenn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this in #41 Iced Dark Brown about four weeks ago, and I am still pleased with the results! The color is very similar to Garnier Nurtisse #415 Raspberry Truffle: a dark brown (almost black) with red/plum highlights. I don't get all the bad reviews, as I found this to be very easy to use, and the color has stayed quite well without much fade. Most of my grays are still covered as well. I would definitely get this color again!

EDIT: This faded to an inky black color that I am STILL trying to get lighter. I'm back to Garnier Nutrisse, as I've gotten compliments on how shiny my hair looks when I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by ayureadyy

Just awful. I read a lot of bad reviews before I used it but decided I would give it the benefit of the doubt.

I just used the pure black version of this hair dye. My hair is already dark, it has some red-ish tint from the last time I dyed it but never the less it was almost black to begin with. I wanted to get the red-ish tint out and thought this should do the trick.

I've tried other l'oreal hair dyes, when I had much lighter hair, bleach blonde to back to black even and I've never had a problem with coverage.

It seems as if this product did absolutely NOTHING.
There is still the red tint.... theres no trace of it being pure black what so ever. Its like I never even dyed it in the first place.
It's only 10 bucks but the fact that it did nothing that it was supposed to do makes it seem expensive just because you're paying for nothing.

I don't recommend this product. I surely won't use it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by mirri12

The Mousse idea is great as it doesn't go all over the bathroom, I followed the instructions to the T, used 'radiant golden blonde' 8.3 on my already highlighted blonde hair - i mainly hoped the roots would lift a bit and blend in with the rest of my hair.

It darkened my hair to a flat gingery light brown. yuk. after a few washes it's a kind of dishwater strawberry blonde with no shine whatsoever.

I like the mousse idea, but that colour sucked

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by MELYSA221

well i found myself looking at the wall of hair color at walmart last night dazed, ive tried every single brand and been from platinum to black, and everything in between, i have naturally very thing medium length dirty blonde hair, with natural highllights but over the years it has turned to more of a mousy brown, dull and lifeless. i havent colored it in 6 months since i was leaning towards a beachy blonde for the summer ,but found myself strapped for cash to get it done, and also not looking forward to the impending doom of me hating the color .. which in 10 years have yet to have a stylist get somewhat close to what i was looking for.... so i found myself bored with my hair and wanted some kind of change and since the blonde was out of the question since boxed blondes turn my hair yellow i decided i wanted a dark brown but not to chocolate and not black...and i found it looking at the mousse collection... so i got the color and went home read all the directions and found it so easy to mix and apply and it left my hair manageble i could run my fingers through it, spread evenly and washed out nicely, almost no bleeding of the color in the water like every other brand ive tried ,just what was left over, and still my hair was soft and i could get my fingers through it.. i didnt shampoo just rinsed and conditioned and the conditioner was wonderful . let it dry, easy to remove from skin and didnt run either when it was on ... my hair is soft, shiny, and feels and looks great..... i have even color , my roots blended witht the rest . a little bit darker than i thought but not much didnt wash me out and i have very pale skin with light blue eyes... more true to the color on the box then others... overall i absoulutely love this color and will recomend and use it again .... this coming from a very picky usually very unhappy customer......

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No