April 18, 2014 | 1973 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Luriencia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use the one for oily/combination skin and its amazing for extremely oily skin, I've tried pretty much every other "long-lasting" or heavier duty "oil control" liquid foundations on the market and none of them comes close to how well this one wears on truly oily skin (even through high humidity in the tropics).
    I've given up trying to keep my crazy oily complexion under control so all I'm looking for is a foundation that won't crease and separate/move too badly through the day (I can deal with the shine) and this foundation is the only one that even comes close. I still have to apply powder over this as it does get pretty sticky on its own and it lasts through 15 hour days (with blotting sheets every 2-3hrs) without shifting much. Granted, some areas would have faded by then but compared to my other foundations, this one still wins hands down.

For reference, as someone always on a quest to find the perfect foundation, I own at the moment: MUFE mat velvet, Estee Lauder Doublewear regular/light/maximum coverage, Shiseido sun protection liquid foundation spf 42, maybelline superstay (new), Bourjois flower perfection, Rimmel lasting finish 16hrs, clinique anti-blemish solutions. Mac studio fix fluid/powder, Mac studio sculpt, Lacome mat miracle, Ettusias flat design liquid, and at least 15 different BB creams and seriously nothing gives me the same longevity as this gem of a drugstore foundation.

I'm an nc 20 and my best match is buff and sand beige mixed (but either on its own works fine in a pinch, just depends if you want to look a little "brighter" or "tanned").
    Coverage is medium buildable, but I wouldn't suggest piling this on as it will look a tad unnatural, but its enough to cover light acne scarring and discoloration on its own with a couple of extra dabs on the areas you need extra coverage on. I prefer applying this foundation in sections with my fingers as I feel it spreads better and doesn't dry as quickly this way.

Highly recommend this foundation especially to all the truly oily skinned ladies out there who's given up on controlling shine and just want their foundation to last past lunch (and I mean OILY like whole face shines and literally feels greasy less than an hour after washing)...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpBySally

I LOVE this product. I recently brought it at Chemist Warehouse for 60% off the original price -- so only $17!! Very cheap here in Australia.
    I have horrible skin and I have been struggling with acne since the age off 10. I did read others reviews on this site before I bought it and quite a few said that it went orange/ was hard to spread and apply/ dried very quickly / wasn't full coverage etc. I have not had a single problem with it. It is full coverage for me and lasts ALL day - even without a primer! Very easy to apply and spread and my tip for orange foundation is buy the Oily/Combination Skin formula. It does not oxidize as much so it does not turn orange :)
    Love this product, especially for the price, easy to find at most chemists, drugstores and even some super markets and other shops (like KMART, Big W etc). Very very highly recommend and I will be buying again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by babyblue59

I am so surprised by the negative reviews on here. I have been a long time user of ColorStay and yes the formula has changed but I personally like the changes! I have been using the Colorstay Whipped foundation for the past year or so (and I love that foundation as well) and decided to purchase this again. Right away I thought I had gotten an old bottle because it had a much thicker consistency and I remembered this foundation pouring out of the bottle and being rather liquidy and messy. After applying it, and noticing how much easier this foundation was to blend and work with it was clear that Revlon had made some changes. The formula is much easier to work with. It is not as quick to set and I can really blend it into my skin for a very flawless effect. I dot the foundation all over my face and then blend it in with my Real Techniques Essential Face Brush and I get beautiful coverage. I get the combination/oily formula because I have oily skin and I will say that oil does break through a little easier with the new formula but it's very minor. Overall this is one of the best foundation I have ever found for oily skin and you really cannot beat the price. As compared with the old Colorstay formula, this version still gives beautiful, natural, and full coverage. It is now just much easier to blend and work with because it does not set as fast.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by guccimomma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not for oily skin! Stay away. Hate it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Andreafranjic

I love this product for an everyday school look. It last a good about of time especially if you apply primer (I use the smash box photo finish) I do hate the packaging. I wish there was a pump. Other then that I would go back and purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by MacMegan33

This is the best drugstore foundation out there, I would recommend this to anyone. It is full coverage and is a little watery. I apply it with a damp sponge, it's the best way to do it. It smells weird, and I wish it come with a pump is why it doesn't get five lipsticks. I use the Colorstay powder, it's a good combo. But it's no Mac studio fix, or mineralize powder. Nothing can compare them. It's really good though. It leaves my skin looks flawless, you def. need fix+ Colorstay is very powdery/drying, but that fixes it! I have nothing really bad to day or really great. It's a good staple to have, and does the job.
    I've heard of makeup artist using this on all there clients, and honestly I would be a little sad if they used Colorstay!!! It's good, but not that good-that's just so cheap to me. I would want Dior Airflash or something if I was getting fancied up!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by dventura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal/ Combination skin and this is the first time I have ever purchased another foundation besides the foundation I have used since I was 16. I am now 28 and I have never in my life broken out as bad as this foundation made me break out and I only wore it for a week. I am seriously in tears because it is all over my face from my forehead to my chin which are two places I have never broken out on. I would never recommend this product to anyone. Please do not purchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by kcarrion

The best foundation out there for combo skin! Stays on my skin all day long, slight touch ups in the tzone area. Medium full coverage, very buildable, and you can thin it out with lotion to use as a tinted moisturizer. Feels slightly heavy if you wear alot, but oh my goodness this is the best! Only thing missing is a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by goaheadlily

This is a pretty great product. It does stay put for a while and doesn't smear off like some foundations might. Only con for me is it does tend to dry my skin a little bit. Otherwise love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by OhErykah21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Decided to finally give this a try.. let me make this short and simple, i wanted something that gave me coverage, didn't break me out, atleast it hasn't yet.. and blends very well, and oh it wont leave my skin oily since i did get the oil free.. it won't leave my face all glossy it stays on perfectly! Wont smudge :) its the best i've used! Im very pleased..