September 20, 2014 | 1781 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by ElenaRubyMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This works for people with clear skin, but I would not recommend it for acne-prone skin, my friend borrowed this once from me and complained about a break out, she has acne-prone skin. The name doesnt deceive, as the color is great, the shade matched my skin tone and lasts throughout the day without becoming oily or smearing off. This is a good product for people who want a cheap foundation which is good for throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by taylorrydg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried this product twice wanting to love it as much as everyone else as it is fairly cheap and very accessible. I first tried it in the combo/oily formula because my skin type leans that way and by the end of the first day of wear I had a mountain chain of new breakouts. I knew it was this product because it's the only thing I had changed. Anyway, after that I gave the foundation to a friend as I didn't even want it around me. Another year goes by and the hype doesn't lessen. I watched a video of MakeupbyTiffanyD on Youtube saying that the normal/dry skin was completely different and that she liked it much better so I decided to give that one a shot thinking, different formula, different experience. Wrong. Sure enough by the second day of wear I was very sore around my nose an some places on my cheeks. I didn't really think anything of it and went on wearing the foundation as it really made my skin look nice but a few days later I now have 7-8 HUGE deep-rooted, and extremely painful breakout regions. I personally had an awful experience with this foundation and am overall very dissapointed seeing as everyone loves it ;(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by thegirlwiththeredpurse

I have this in the color Sand Beige and it's a pretty good foundation. It is medium to full coverage and is fast drying so you need to work it in quickly. It doesn't oxidize but the colors lean towards the pink side which sort of clashes with my yellow toned skin but it's not very noticeable. This foundation makes my skin look flawless and perfect but has some downsides. First, the packaging. The open mouth bottle is an absolute pain to work with. You either get too little or too much product from it. Second, the SMELL. I'm an artist so I work with different and stinky paints and this foundation beats them all smell wise. Good foundation but bad packaging and smell. Add a pump, Revlon!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried many drugstore foundations, and I can honestly say that the Revlon Color Stay foundation is the absolute best one so far. Have been using it for 2 weeks now and there are so many things I love about this foundation I don't know where to start! First, the color matches my skin perfectly, and does NOT oxidize !! Second, the staying power is amazing! I usually get a little oily in my T zone, but this foundation does a great job at controlling any oil that I never have to do any touch ups. Third, I would say the coverage is light to medium, which is perfect for me. I thankfully don't have bad skin, just a little bit of redness and it covers just enough to make my skin look fresh and even. It blends beautifully, and I can easily build up the coverage in certain areas and it never looks cakey. Lastly, I love that it feels lightweight! I hate when a foundation makes me feel like I'm wearing a mask, but this foundation definitely does not feel that way. The ONLY thing I kind of dislike about this product is the packaging...I wish the bottle had a pump. But besides that, I love this foundation so much, and would recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by t2oll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on my second bottle and I would say that this is the BEST drugstore foundation!!
    Great coverage, reeeeeeally lasts on skin!! I live in a very hot city and all my other foundations melt throughout the day but this one.
    I'm NW 25 and got shade 180 for dry skin. 150 is good but as I'm a bit tanned on my body, I like 180 better.

It's a bit hard to blend, I think. At least the dry formula is. Takes me a little longer to apply. I use my fingers or sometimes a dump sponge.

I recently got the superstay powder and really like the combo. they work good together.
    anyways, if you are thinking about buying this, I think is totally worth to give it a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

This is my go to foundation, every now and then I veer off and try something else and always come back to this one. It's staying power is something serious!!! This stuff isn't going anywhere! I love that! The bottle kinda stinks, feels a little unhygienic to have to put my finger on the top to get some out. It's cheap an it just honestly works. I have worn everything from estee lauder double wear to MAC to bare escentuals to Napoleon Perdis and I always one back to the revlon colorstay!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by samisnowwhite

This is a great foundation I have the one for normal / dry skin in shade 150 Buff it's so light but has really high coverage and is also a very build able foundation. It really feels like your not even wearing anything on your face when wearing this! the only 2 things I hate about this is the bottle. there's no pump and its glass so you can't lightly squeeze it to get some out either. You have to pour. I find with this sort of packaging I always use more product and its true i finished this foundation a lot quicker than I do with my others. I also think its a little over priced for drug store , but I will defo buy again because it is a very good quality foundation .

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by mmmmmoostache

This product is great for those who have combination to oily skin, i however do not so this product was not for me. Because I have dry to normal skin the foundation looked amazing on some areas on my face but clinged to other dryer areas of my face. It also takes some time to learn how to apply this foundation as it can easily look cakey but if you have combination to oily skin then i really recommend this foundation but if not, STAY AWAY :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by nofear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been using MUFE HD for about 2 years thinking that was the best a foundation could get. Thought it was my HG. I thought since it was high end it was the best. Decided to try Revlon Colorstay to use on my legs as it was cheaper. Decided to use it on my face. This works waay better than MUFE HD for me. Using MUFE i would get oily fast and the color match was a little off but I'd correct that with MAC MSF. With Colorstay my face stay pretty matte for the most part. My face no longer gets oily. Definitely long lasting. The color match is also better than MUFE. LOVE this foundation. Makes me realize drugstore products can be better than high end.

Good for oily skin girls in the oily formula.

Persons here are saying it is expensive for a drugstore foundation. But it works better than MUFE which is $42.

Reference: MUFE HD-173, Colorstay- Caramel

Only con is i wish it had a pump. It sucks having to turn the bottle upside down and shake it especially when it is running out. 1 star off for packaging. The bottle is glass and I've dropped it about 2 times but it hasn't broken, Pretty sturdy glass. Still wish it was plastic though. But it doesn't bother me that much.

It has a smell but it doesn't bother me. I actually kind of like it. And it fades so its not that big a deal

A little bit gives a lot of coverage. I have a lot of acne spots. And a little bit covers most of them. I use less concealer. If you use too much it looks mask like and cakey as with most foundations.

I usually NEVER leave reviews. This is my 1st review ever. That's how great I think it is. New HG foundation.

UPDATE: Now that summer is over. this foundation is too dark and red. i have to mix it with 370 toast to get a match which is a hassle especially since there is no pump. shade range is too limited. minus 1 star.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by foreverwondering

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have had a bit of a problem with foundations because although I have quite red, blemished skin with only an oily T-zone, foundation only lasts a couple of hours on me. This got good reviews, so I decided to try it.

PROS:
    - The skin tone 'Buff' suits my face and gives me a nice fair look if you like having light skin
    - With pressed powder it gives a nice, sort of powdery finish but still looks natural.
    - Doesn't break me out.
    - With any cheap foundation brush the texture looks quite good. (I advise a more expensive stippling or face expert brush though)

CONS:
    - If you need quite a bit of coverage, you always have to apply it down your neck so it doesn't look uneven and it gets all over your top/shirt collar.
    - Although everyone says this really long lasting, on me it only lasts around 4 hours despite the fact my face is only slightly combination.
    - If you apply it with a sponge or your fingers it looks really cakey, smeared and obvious.
    - It was pretty pricey for a drugstore foundation, it was almost £14 from Boots, but still not really a con.
    - This is quite rare but sometimes if you have some blackheads or spots they can show through after a couple of hours.
    - The packaging is awful! They don't have a pump or anything, so you have to leak some onto your hands and you end up pouring too much out.
    - It sometimes can feel quite uncomfortable

Overall this foundation is actually not that bad despite the amount of cons. I might repurchase it every now and then if I had no other option I would choose it, but since I never repurchase the same foundation I won't be buying it again.
    My opinion is only suited for me or people with similar skin, so I advise you try a sample instead of judging everyone else's views.