November 1, 2014 | 822 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Tymc4

I have been using this product about 2 months now, and I'm in love with it! I have combination skin, that is extremely acne prone. I've noticed no break outs with this foundation, and the coverage is amazing. I use a damp sponge, as it tends to dry very quickly, but it's not too hard to work with. I pair this in NW25 with MAC's prep + prime translucent powder and I get a fantastic, natural looking, matte finish that lasts all day (some blotting required throughout the day though).I highly recommend this product if you're looking for a natural looking foundation to cover acne and scars. Will definitely be re purchasing!

P.S. some people like to compare this to Revlon Colorstay...I personally find this better, as colorstay tended to wash me out terribly in pictures and had too much of a yellow undertone and tended to be too heavy feeling on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by r8girl

I have been using this for a while after looking for a makeup that 1) looks good in person 2) in natural sunlight and 3) on camera flash. I tried a lot of makeups including MAC liquid foundations (studio tech, studio sculpt) and all of them looked so nasty in pictures.

I now use this the Pro longwear, but mix a little bit of Revlon Colour Stay in it to balance out the colourc (MAC nw40 with Revlon 330 Natural Tan).

I find NW 40 on its own looks sort of orange on its own, and the revlon takes it away a bit.

I like this makeup. It shows up well in pictures, if you rub it in and apply it correctly, it looks good in person and provides a true match. You do not need a lot to cover your face.

Work quicly - it dries up rather fast before you can work it all over your face if you let it sit there. It does not feel heavy, and I never, ever re-apply and I am super picky. I do however, reapply powder (bare minerals) or concealer (cover fx), but never foundation.

I am a foundation junkie/perfectionist, and I have been using this for nearly two years.

Mac prolong wear + Revlon Colourstay + Bare minerals on top = my holy grain regime.

CONS? EXPENSIVE! But it all lasts so long.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

So I have sort of a love hate relationship with this product. Now first off I do have oily/combination skin, I am EXTREMELY pale with coolish undertones (but really I can use NC or NW..honestly that dont look much different on my face).

Pros:
It is long lasting.
Creamy
Doesn't feel super heavy on the skin
Doesn't break me out
Pump makes it easy to get the product out

Cons:
Dries to fast when I try to apply it with a brush which makes it look a lil streaky. I have tried skunk brushes, dense flat top brushes, kabuki etc...unless i work in VERY small areas at a time it just looks bad.

That being said, when I use a damp beauty blender it does apply better.

The color is darker than most of the other foundations. I got NC15 and it matches me IF i get a tan in the summer but is WAY too dark in the winter.

Appears dry/flaky when I set it with a powder where my skin is normal but still gets shiny around my nose.

Also this product is NOT forgiving to large pores.

I would buy this again for special events because it photographs pretty well and if I combine it with a moisturizer or BB cream to sheer it out a bit then it applies really nice. However, it is NOT the easiest foundation to work with so beginners beware.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by AlvaSofia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This didn't work at all for me. It makes my face look super dry, but even worse is even though I have NC15 it was way too dark and orange for me. The finish result is an orange, flaky face that isn't very pretty at all. Now I'm left with a whole bottle of this, but I have no choice but to buy another foundation because this is not how I want my face to look.
(Although the packaging is very smart and the coverage is pretty good too)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i'm on my 3rd bottle of this. for me, it is the creme de la creme of long wearing foundations. i've tried colorstay, doublewear, and long wear even finish by BB. in terms of staying power this blows away the competition. it is my HG summer makeup as i sweat like a piglet in the summer and my skin is uber-oily. coverage is light to medium and buildable. i apply any way: fingers, brush, beauty blender. then i pat into my face like i do for all foundations now to warm into the skin.

my qualm is: color. when i was super pale i was like an NW 20. summer NW 30. my skin got kinda darker over the years and i'd say now i'm an NW 25-30; will be darker in summer. HOWEVER... since trying and LOVING the look of bobbi's even finish foundation (for winter), and her whole "yellow" foundation theory, i'm thinking of crossing into NC territory although i have cool-toned, pink skin. i swatched my NW and my BB and boy the nw is PINK and the bb is YELLOW!!! but really the yellow tones are cancelling out my redness, match my yellowish concealer that cancels out my dark circles, and matches my face and neck. i guess it's time for a trip to the counter... to try some NC 25-30!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by jenniferads

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HORRIBLE..... I am not sure if its just me but it made me so oily,and I had to even apply more within an hr of it being on. Yes I use primer and a setting powder. It also made my pores huge! Back to the store it goes!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tan skin bought this product in NC42. I think its a pretty long wearing product and thin consistency unlike other long wearing foundations. I find that this product stays on longer than Revlon Colorstay and comparable to Estée Lauder Doublewear but alot thinner. However, I probably will not buy this product again because it doesnt cover as great as I would like, still leaves my complexion uneven.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by kaejlarh92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: NC18 in MAC (No tan) & N3 in L'Oreal True Match (Tan)

I haven't owned this product for very long. I also haven't used it much due to it being summer over here in Australia & I got matched when I didn't have a bit of a tan. I will update as I use it more often, but for now, this is what I think of it so far.

I was matched to the shade NC18 after being originally matched to a NW25 months before. All I can say is, how can you stuff that up? I mean it looked okay when she put it on, but clearly not the same way I would put foundation on (Sigma Flat Top). Since I live about an hour & a half away from my nearest counter, I never had time to make the trip to exchange it, so I gave it to my sister for when she fake tans. Once I did go back & got matched correctly, I was very hesitant about trying MAC foundations again as I would have a slight rash appear after a few hours with Studio Fix Fluid. But after she put it on, I wandered around for a bit & I went right back & bought it. No reaction, perfect color match under the store lights & out & beautiful coverage. Couldn't be more happier!

Skintone of face: Neutral/Cool undertones (More neutral)
Skintone of body: Neutral/Yellow undertones
When I get more colour during the summer, the yellow tones in my skin come out more. It's really frustrating trying to find a colour match for my face without help!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by WesleysMom25

I really like this foundation. It last a really long time on my face. I love that it has a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

I put Olay Active Hydrating moisturizer on before, then this. It didn't sink into creases so I can apply it under the eyes and on eyelids okay, is liquidy and thus easy to apply but dries fast, doesn't rub off onto clothes or tissue when I blow my nose, dries rather matte not shiny. It does look a tad orangey. Coverage is medium. I used the prolongwear concealer over top. It looks pretty good on first application 'cept for the slight oxidation. I'll see how it holds up.