Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 1/5/2012 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't like the pot. It's just not a good hygienic idea. But I do like the way it moisturizes without breaking me out, a miracle on my dry oily acne-prone skin! I do have to use it twice sometimes but not usually, and it absorbs super fast, which is lovely. A little expensive but I literally only have to touch my fingertip to it and spread for a moisturized face, sometimes once or twice but not usually.

on 1/1/2012 6:58:00 PM

Phenomnal product. I swear its shrinking my pores more and more everyday. I have to add a little extra moisturizer on my dry spots(which is why I only gave it a 4/5) but for the most part this is a perfect daily moisturizer. Since I only use it on myself the jar doesn't bother me for sanitation.

Can't wait to see what this does for me the summer to keep my skin in balance!

Overall is a wonderful product that you should try if you have normal to oily skin

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I use this during the summer when my skin isn't that quenched for moisture. But in winter, this product doesn't do much justice on drier areas like my forehead and chin. Recently, I discovered that its great to mix a little bit of this with liquid foundation for a translucent gel tint :) (Though I honestly can't say for the fair skin tones, it might give the foundation a green tint, but I'm not sure).

on 12/26/2011 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product. I used to have really oily skin in my 20's and the start of my early 30's and now at 34, my skin isn't as oily or breakout prone and I find this moisturizer really keeps it in balance. It works great to cool down my red cheeks (which I have developed in the place of acne for some reason) and as a base for my foundation. I wish they made this in a container other than a jar but other than that, I have no complaint about this product and would purchase again.

on 12/26/2011 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As someone with extremely oily skin, I thought this moisturizer would be perfect for me. I'm sorry to report that it isn't; far from it, in fact. I like that it's nice and light, which is great for those of us with oily skin, especially during the warmer months. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything at all as a moisturizer. In fact, it dried my skin out (due to the alcohol content, I assume) and made it even more oily. I can't speak for everyone with oily skin, but if my face doesn't get some moisture, I've found that it will become exponentially more oily. Considering this and the price (a little steep for a drugstore brand), it's unlikely that I'll ever recommend this to anyone.

on 12/23/2011 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am extremely picky when it comes to moisturizers. I have "extreme" combination skin to oily skin, meaning parts of my face can be extremely dry while most of my face is extremely oily.

This product is a TERRIFIC base for makeup. No doubt, though this gel-cream moisturizes, it will not heal the dry areas (I use the Aveeno Clear Complexion Moisturizer to clear my dry areas). But because this product is so lightweight, it is perfect as a moisturizing base. It does not make my face look "caked" after I apply my foundation and it provides the moisture to keep my skin moisturized and looking healthy.

I use this product every day as part of my daily routine. 1. I apply the Garnier Moisture Renew Gel-Cream. 2. Aveeno Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF 15. 3. Revlon ColorStay Foundation. 4. Maybelline Matte Powder.

on 12/22/2011 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I reallyyyyyyyyyyy wanted this product to work for me but it didn't help at all. I bought this because I heard it was a great moisturizer for oily skin because it's lightweight but still gives you good moisture. It did not do anything for my skin, my skin was just as oily as it was without this product. I love the scent of it and the glass jar is nice but I will definitely not repurchase this.

on 12/7/2011 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I get why a lot of people might not like this moisturizer, especially those with dry skin. But, this is perfect for those with oily and/or acne-prone skin who are looking for a light moisturizer. Personally, I have acne-prone skin that is normally oily but also dry due to the use of BP, AHA & Retin-A. Although this didn't make me breakout, which is pretty amazing, it didn't moisturize enough for me. I'm looking for a moderately moisturizing product that will help the dryness I get, especially from using Retin-A. I do think that if you are looking for a great none irritating moisturizer that is very light this would be perfect. I will totally love this for the summer when I am not as dry but for now the search continues. I don't get why they don't package this in tube form. It's really inconvenient to have to scoop this out with a q-tip every time I use it and having to screw open and close the damn jar. It's a gel consistency that would be perfect out of a tube. Also, although this is inexpensive, I got mine for about five bucks, there isn't much product considering that it is a light gel and a good amount doesn't go a long way. One jar will last about a month with consistent use, but its cheap enough that even if you had to buy a jar per month its not a big deal.

on 12/5/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

when i first bough this product, i loved it, i really did. my skin is quite oily in some spots but can get really dry in other spots. but after a using it a while, i started to get these little bumps, which were not quite pimples but were enough for me to notice. when i stopped using it, however, it only took about 2 to 3 days for my skin to clear up. i also noticed that at times it could over moisturize. so i would not recommend this for people with really sensitve skin.

on 12/3/2011 4:44:00 AM

I have combination skin, and this moisturizer left me dry and tight everywhere, even in my oily spots. I really like the way it feels while putting it on, and the smell is pleasant, but those are the only redeeming qualities of this moisturizer, for me. It left my skin feeling so awful I couldn't recommend it to anyone.

Popular Moisturizers