April 16, 2014 | 2017 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by sarahlovesmakeup101

I really like this product! It moisturizes my skin so well and it doesnt feel greasy or sticky. I don't really like the packaging, i would prefer a pump or squeeze tube but i can live with it. I also think is the smell is really nice too. Overall i would totally buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i really like this stuff! first of all, it's summer, and my dry skin isn't nearly as bad as winter, so it's probably just a summer product for me. and i do need to supplement it sometimes, especially if i've done a facial mask that night. but it's very light and refreshing, has a pleasant scent and doesn't feel sticky afterwards...it also smells good. would repurchase. i'm not blown away, but i do quite like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

I bought this product after hearing and reading about how great it is. Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I have dry skin and random dry patches on my face. It's supposed to moisturize my face, but it did absolutely nothing. In fact, it made my skin feel tight and dry. The smell was decent and the packaging is nice, but the fact that it does absolutely nothing for my dry skin convinces me to never buy this product again. I'm not sure if this will work better for oily skin, but it makes my dry skin drier than it should be. Now it's just sitting in my cabinet.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Casexyb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went looking for this product and found it at CVS. For a drugstore product, it worked good for my skin during the winter months. I liked the gel consistency. There is a slight fragrance that to me is not too overpowering. I used this moisterizer under a facial primer and makeup. I have combination skin so this product did not leave my face looking greasy or dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by EL2016

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product made my face sting for a few minutes after I used it, and continued to cause my face to be dry. It was dry to the point of peeling all around my mouth and the tops of my cheekbones. It was really painful at times. I thought my face was just going through a bad stint of dry skin, but when I stopped using it, my face went back to normal. This product did the opposite of what it would.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

While this product may provide enough moisture to the skin without leaving it feeling greasy, the high amount of denatured alcohol, which is said to promote free radical damage and the breakdown of collagen, irritates the skin on my cheeks. With that being said, my skin is nice and matte and the cream smells like apples. I personally don't think moisturizers should be packaged in jars, as any inclusion of antioxidants may be destroyed from their exposure to the air.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use this SO much. Especially in the summer. It keeps me moisturized but doesn't get that nasty gunky feel when I sweat. In the winter I wear it over my moisturizer to keep everything locked it. Smells great too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by kismetcharity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin and I just like my moisturizer to be as light as water on my skin and to moisturize after cleansing. It rubs in quickly and finishes matte. I haven't noticed any ill effects during the day with makeup.

The key to this lotion is to use as little as possible. Then you shouldn't have any sticky or slimy faces. I only touch the pad of my middle finger onto the gel and this covers my big face.

Great price since I can get it on sale! Will keep buying!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by angelbuilinh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love the idea of a gel moisturizer and the glass container that the product comes in. However the packaging is not really anti-germ friendly. The product goes on really well yet after an hour it makes my face oily and shiny. It's better for me to use as a night cream rather than a day moisturizer because it lacks spf.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by staci01

I'm cautious when it comes to buying drugstore creams as I've never been able to find one that doesn't cause issues with my skin and/or health (I'm talking about you Olay). After reading that this cream was similar to Clinique DDMG I returned my bottle of DDMG, as it was giving me blackheads like crazy, and rushed to grab a jar at my local Walgreens. I was hopeful since my oily skin really gets along well with gel based moisturizers. Upon opening the jar I noticed the lovely jade color of the cream and that it felt light and smooth. The smell though was off putting as my first thought was "cheap hairspray scent" and I wasn't too thrilled about that. When I applied this I only needed a pea size amount and that covered my whole face. Felt nice going on and looked like it was moisturizing my face well. My plan was to apply foundation over this later to see if it the two would work well together. I never got a chance to do this as after an hour I looked into the mirror to see that my skin looked like I'd rubbed a stick of butter all over it, it was so shiny! As the day went on the shininess got worse and it looked, like another poster here on MUA commented, like I'd wrapped my face in saran wrap! This cream looked like it was sitting ON my skin and never really sank in. Also the next morning I woke with little bumps all over my face and four deep acne marks on my neck that has taken a week to heal up with BHA. Awful! Before I returned this I tried blending a dab with my LM Secret Camo to use under my eyes and it worked well so that was a plus. When doing some online research I found that the second ingredient in this cream is denatured alcohol which is extremely drying to the skin and helps break down collagen over time. So in short the second ingredient in this cream, meaning that as second ingredient it makes up the majority of what the cream is made of, ages the skin. Why in the world would a company make a face cream that they advertise as helping the skin with an ingredient that ages the skin? Money I guess. If one cream ages you then they got another to sell you I bet. Also if your skin does not get along with silicones then keep far away from this cream as dimethicone is the 4th or 5th ingredient. You get what you pay for I guess and I don't need to even comment about it being in a jar. (note: I don't use my fingers to apply any creams that come in a jar. I have a small stainless steel utensil that I swab with rubbing alcohol to clean it before scooping out any jar face products.) The tag line for Garnier is "Take care." Yes, Garnier, I will take care! I will take care not to use this cream again! Thanks! ; ) EDIT 7/25/11 After the disaster of the Moisture Rescue Gel Cream I was inspired to find a good gel moisturizer my oily moody skin would agree with. I ended up finding a great gel moisturizer made by derma e called Pycnogenol Moisturizing Gel. It contains no silicones and is mostly water and aloe based and contains a pine(?) tree extract that calms red or easily irritated skin. That's been a winner for me. I'd recommend that to anyone who's skin didn't work out well the the Garnier gel cream. Not affiliated with derma e, just thought I'd pass on some helpful info. HTH