November 24, 2014 | 1430 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by stam020

Pros: moisturized
Cons: irritate sensitive skin, caused redness and pimples.

This would be good for people who don't have sensitive skin because it really did moisturized my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Jenstarlast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the second time I have purchased this product. The first time was before I started seeing a derm about acne, and I really liked this moisturizer then because it was light, smells nice, affordable, and felt nice on the skin. Now that I am using Retin-A and my skin is a little more dry in certain areas, I use this as a serum when I need a little more moisture. One nice thing about this is that it is so light that if my eye area or wherever gets dry mid day I can apply a tiny bit and pat it in the skin over my makeup without messing it up. I can do the same thing with Clinique Moisture pink gel (forgot the name). For that, I love these gel type moisturizers. This one would be fantastic on oily skin. Combo skin that has dry spots may need something a little richer. All in all, I have enjoyed this product. It is a simple staple for those with oily skin, a true hero because oily skin types also need to moisturizer but till now in the drugstore there were very limited options for light moisturizers. This product gets an A+ for that alone. I do not think I will repurchase as long as my skin is in it's current state but I recommend it to oily skin types.

Update: This is a great buffer to put on after you wash your face, wait the required time (15 mins) and then put on your Retin-A or other tretinoin prescription. If you are having flakes this is a good thing to try. I would compair this to Clinique's moisture surge, not identical (clinique's is a little thicker and more hydrating I find) but for the price it's worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by ari496

This is the perfect summer nightime moisturizer for those with acne prone skin. It's so refreshing and moisturizing. It did not make me breakout. It made my skin look and feel so fresh and pretty. I totally recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by lonepine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my third jar of this product and my skin absolutely loves it! Since my skin is on the dry side, I probably would not have purchased a gel moisturizer as in the past I've found gel creams tend to dry out my skin. This product, however, is much different. I originally tried it after finding a sample in Allure magazine. I used Revlon Colorstay foundation, and found the Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream worked beautifully under the foundation. That same day someone commented on my beautiful wrinkle-free skin. I don't know if the gel-creme had anything to do with that, but I did notice the gel-creme helped my foundation to NOT settle in the wrinkles I do have. So now I'm hooked....I will continue to use the Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream along with the Colorstay makeup. I don't believe the gel-creme causes any reversal effects, although it might prevent some future damage simply by keeping my face hydrated. However, for the face I have today, I will continue to use it. It is one of the best moisturizers I have found that truly keeps my skin hydrated, but is not greasy or heavy. As a side note, I am really lovin' Garnier skin care products. I am a skin care/makeup junky and have tried MANY products. Of the Garnier products I've tried, I've found them to perform just as well, if not better than may high-end, expensive products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

at first i really liked this product, it smells awesome and it made my face feel smooth. however, as time went on, i found it wasnt too effective at delivering much moisture. i'm really not surprised to learn that it has denatured alcohol in it. it feels nice when you put it on, but then it starts to burn. it sounds like it works well for oily skin, but for combination skin/dry skin, this stuff is decidedly not a 'moisture rescue'. i knew it wasn't working when i got frustrated and applied clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel over it, and it felt like my skin could actually breathe again. this stuff is more like a thick toner than a moisturizer. definitely not repurchasing, ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I have oily skin and I love this moisturizer at night. It doesn't leave my skin oily or greasy, and soaks in at top speed. It leaves my skin smooth, and not tight feeling. With oily skin, it's easy to over-moisturize and wake up like a grease ball. With this, my skin just feels smooth and supple.
It's got a good, clean, fresh scent... not over-powering and after it soaks in, it doesn't leave a smell at all.
I love the packaging (a simple tub; not the most hygienic, but I like that you can get every last drop) and the price. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by charlie_leone

This does not work well for me! gel cream sounds good but my face just can't take this gel cream, it make my nose area dry and peel. I switch to Essential day cream from the same brand, it works a lot better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by luvsxoxo14d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got a sample in a magazine
and it was amazing it was smooth and very creamy
my skin absorbed it fast so i didnt have a greasy looking face

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAndTheBlush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE. I have oily skin, was looking for a moisturizer to hydrate my skin without making it greasy: this did it. OHHHHH YEAA ahhaa, this is the best moisturizer I've ever known of. I just look back and think why didn't I think of this sooner? It's oil free and won't clog pores, it contains vitamin E and grape water extract and it feels soooo nice on my skin. It also works as a primer too and it honestly helped with my oil during the long school day! If you're reading this review and thinking about getting this, JUST GET IT, you'll love it. It also smells amazing like cucumbers and grapes, but if you don't like anything perfumed on your face, I couldn't smell it at all after about 2 minutes. Honestly...it's so worth it! 5/5!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this for under $5 with a coupon at wal-mart. I wanted to find a replacement for my Biotherm Aquasource Non Stop Gel (the green one). surprisingly this one works pretty good. it goes on very smoothly and you only need a little bit to cover the whole face. it absorbs into your skin in 2 minutes and hydrates for a long time. I use it as my summer night cream because I don't like the shine it gives me after long hours. although it's just a little bit of oil but being spoiled by Biotherm for so long I need some time to adjust.
overall this is a good moisturizer for summer. if you use it for winter you might find it too dry. not surprising. gel is usually not enough for winter.