December 21, 2014 | 989 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for a few weeks now and I can honestly say it delivers. The wand packaging isn't the most hygienic but I wipe it on the back of my hand, then apply to my eyes. It makes my eyeshadow stay on all day with just minimal fading. It doesn't have a scent and it's colorless, just slightly white going on but that doesn't affect color of shadows on top. It's currently $24 USD for .28oz/ 8g of product, which places it among the more expensive shadow primers but it's pretty bulletproof and worry free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried several e/s primers, including UDPP, TFSI, MAC Prep & Prime, and always found that they worked well for a month or two then my skin seemed to get used to it and I'd have creased e/s half way through the day.

NARS eye primer means e/s doesn't crease for 12 plus hours. I put my makeup on at 7am this morning, and it's now 8pm. No creasing. This product is a game changer, and worth the few pounds more than UDPP costs. I don't have particularly greasy or dry lids, and before this I had to use a cream e/s base over primer, and even then there was some creasing. I'm praying my skin doesn't get used to it, I've been using it for a few months now and it still works perfectly. The packaging is great too, the wand applicator is very easy to use and only a dab on each eye is necessary.

Amazing, I love it! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Ruskydoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Blimey. BLIMEY. Having tried a fair few of these kinds of things, including smash box, Sephora's own and Benefit (which is utter pant-ville, by the way) I was staggered by this. It works, completely. Fourteen eyes, hot weather, Gym sessions, eye make up Does. Not. Move. If you put a little on your bottom lid, too, you can have ye olde smokey eyes all day without smudging too. Brilliant product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by auburngreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have trouble with the staying power of your shadows, this could be a game-changer. Ever since I got this, it's like I'm rediscovering the shadows that I had tossed aside in my stash because they don't have a good texture. With this, they do!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by melyndaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best eyeshadow primer I have used. Eyeshadow stays put, even in hot, humid weather, and/or workouts. My only complaint is the wand applicator packaging - which makes it impossible to get all of the product out of the container. Take a small pair of scissors to pry off the internal ring, so you can get all of the product out of the tube. I was quite surprised at how much was still inside the tube when I did this, weeks worth of product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by shelnmum

I finally got myself a tube of this eyeshadow primer after almost every beauty blogger raved about it! :) And indeed, this is better than UDPP! This goes on colorless and a little goes a long way! I have oily lids and I used this yesterday for the first time. Applied my NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner after using this and the eyeliner lasted for more than 14 hours! No creasing, no fading! I am really very impressed! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is truly amazing..definitely HG for me and I have tried many primers. I have dry eyelids and problems with eyeshadows fading throughout the day. Although some primers I've used kept fading at bay to some degree, none of them work this well. After a 12 hour day, my eyeshadows looks freshly applied! This really pops eyeshadows too. It intensifies colors for me like no other primer. I'm NC40-42 so some of my eyeshadows do not show up that well on me but this primer makes a big difference. I also love how much easier blending is with this!!! I spend a lot less time blending eyeshadows now because this primer just makes it so much easier. I am one of those people who use 2-3 different shades and my eyeshadows have never looked better. I have a few eyeshadows that sometimes go on a bit patchy but somehow, this makes everything go on more smoothly. I've tried primers that made everything look crepey! A little goes a long way..all I need is whatever is on the wand when I pull it out. I dab a bit on each eye and that does the job so I expect this to last a long time. It dries colorless on me despite my tanned skin. I can't say much about creasing bc that's not a problem I normally have but I haven't experienced any creasing w/this. I love this and wouldn't hesitate to repurchase at all. I just wish it came in a squeeze tube instead!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by anderson02

best primer EVER! i have hooded and oily lids...this makes my shadow stay on until i remove it with eyemakeup remover!! i'm so thrilled i want to pinch myself. a TOP 3 HG PRODUCT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Kei1115

Can I tell you - the NARS eye primer is freakn AWESOME. I had been using the Laura Mercier primer in wheat previously but actually after a few hours I find my eye shadow starts creasing so it doesn't really work at all... :(

Then I bought the NARS eye primer over the weekend, it's more pricey, but finally, something that works as advertised. I used it yesterday and at 9pm at night, my eyeshadow was pretty much in tact and most importantly, crease free!!!!!!! I'm converted :) I want to highlight the fact that I actually went for a Power yoga class at lunch time too so even through exercise and a bit of sweat, it still lasted pretty well. woohooo.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by dokoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The doefoot applicator isn't the most sanitary, but after going through many other potential HG primer contenders, I've found that this one is the ONE. Better than UDPP, better than Shadow Insurance, I can't believe it but I've found my HG primer in a no-hype NARS product. I should mention that I have the oilest of oily lids, so if this works for me, this would work for anyone. Truth be told, I do get a little smudging by evening, but compared to everything else, this wins.