NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

Hands down the best primer I've ever used. Makes eye shadows pop and also makes your eye shadow not budge. It's not a greasy formula that dries fast also. A little goes a long way. The only primer I'll use now.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Up front, I have hooded lids which are nearly impossible to keep eyeshadow on, especially without creasing. Bare Escentuals Prime Time has worked fine for me but it is the teensiest tiniest bit drying on my vintage eyelids. So when I heard the sa gushing about this being a life changer I slapped a bit on my hand and liked the texture. HOWEVER, when used on my eyelids as a primer it is a fail. Not so much because the eyeshadow visibly creases ... but the shadow on my lid just seems to disappear. Back to BEPT.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great great GREAT! much prefer this to Potion and the other big primers around. Found this worked well with hooded eye and oily eye-lids and I love the matt cloudy packaging.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is great, it's the only eye primer I use now. It's way better than the primer potion by UD. It's a white paste that rubs in completely clear and matte. It makes eyeshadows look more intense and it makes them last all day and most of the night on my eye lids without fading, creasing or moving at all. Yes it's expensive, and yes it's an extra first step before doing your eye makeup. But what's the point of even doing your eye makeup if it's not going to stay on.
Go get this. It's awesome!

I have extremely oily monolids that fold strangely and are prone to creasing.

I have used UDPP and TFSI and they both crease on me at about the 4 hour point, but the Nars Pro-Prime lasts over 12 hours (I've only worn it up to 12 hours-I don't like to keep my makeup on for too long).

It leaves a dry, slightly tacky (but not sticky or at all noticeable) finish that adheres well to the eyeshadow. It keeps even the lowest end makeup on well and also cream shadows that I usually can't use because they used to crease immediately.

The packaging isn't horrible but I don't think I'm going to be able to get out all the product because of its shape. I wish they would make it into a squeeze tube like UDPP.

Price wise it's a bit expensive for my taste. It is about $6 more than UDPP or TFSI and you only get 0.28 worth of product instead of 0.35.

Overall, despite the less than perfect packaging and the higher price, I love this product. Nothing else keeps my eyeshadows on (and when my eyeshadow creases it's very noticeable because of the way my eyes fold) so if this gets the job done it's worth the investment for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't think anything could beat UDPP, but I was wrong! I tried the NARS primer on a whim, not really expecting it to be better than UDPP. I find that the NARS works better under cream shadows than UDPP. I would prefer to use the NARS primer all the time but it is so incredibly expensive so I save it for my cream shadows, which blend so much better over the NARS. This stuff is simply amazing, but I wish NARS would change the packaging. I'm not looking forward to cutting the tube open, they way we all used to cute the old UDPP tube to get at the last of the primer.

I have gone through 4 of these if that doesn't say enough already. I love this stuff, the only thing I dont like is the price for the amount of product you get. The product blends nicely and intensifies the eye color very well. I love this stuff and is totally worth the investment.

I am SO angry about this primer. It's absolutely perfect. The silky texture, the doe-foot applicator, the fact that it intensifies any color and keeps every single shadow locked in place for hours all make it HG worthy. I was thrilled to give $24 in exchange for a powerful, easy-to-use product, no questions asked. It deserves 5 stars, and had I written this review weeks ago, it would have received all 5.

Two weeks later, I have milia all over my eyelids as a result of using this daily. I'm livid because everything I'm reading online says you must have your doctor removed the larger cysts for you, or else you risk damaging the skin, or worse, even your eyes. I have one little cyst amongst all the tiny dots and it's pretty noticeable, with or without eyeshadow. So now I have to pay to have it removed. I'm so mad.

For the record, Too Faced Shadow Insurance has many of the same ingredients (especially the first 4 or 5) and a similar incident happened to me. Except this time, the milia is worse.

I'm now going to turn to MAC Paint Pots, as I can't trust any other eyelid primer on the market (UDPP, Bare Escentuals Prime Time, etc were all disappointing. Didn't cause milia, but didn't do the job either.)

If you have sensitive skin at all, avoid this at all costs. Someone on MUA warned me when I first bought this that she's allergic to one of the sea plant ingredients in it, and I took my chances. Now I wish I'd listened. Please don't make the same mistake if you have skin issues or a history of allergies.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I. Love. This. Primer.
It really really really works.
I have oily eyelids, and live in humid North Carolina. Whee! makes for a great recipe for having your eye makeup go ballistic on you. I used to use UD and then tried Twofaced and others but I must say this is hands down the best eye primer I have used. its light, its not drying, and its like a little lotion that is white on application and disappears into a noncolored layer. Then any eyeshadow I put on can stay on for as long as I want. In fact once I slept in my makeup (I know, bad bad!) and the next morning there wasnt even any eyeshadow on my pillowcase it was all there exactly how I had applied it. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I LOVE IT WHEN THINGS DO WHAT THEYRE SUPPOSED TO! Isnt it a great feeling??
I also love the tube. Unlike the UDPP which became so dry that I had to toss it out after about a month, this has remained moist. I dont know what the formula is and what theyre putting in here but whatever it is its fantastic at keeping it moist and applicable. Ive had it for three months now and cannot imagine buying a different primer. I dont even have the desire to look around anymore (I love it when I reach that level of intimacy with my makeup products haha). Its slim and fits easily in my makeup bag. Totally affordable. So much better than any other primer Ive ever tried. SO WORTH IT! Try it I promise you wont be disappointed!!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This works! Keeps your shadow on all day. I like that it is almost transparent (the product is white but the colour is gone completely when you put it on), thereby not affecting the colour of your eyeshadow. It is not tacky either, so it doesn't affect the application of your shadow. However, I dislike the packaging. I don't like the doefoot applicator, I would rather it was in a squeeze tube. I haven't finished my tube of this yet, and I am already wondering how I am going to get to all the little bits left inside at the end. All in all, this is a close second to my all time favourite eye primer, the one by Bare Escentuals.