NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 4/28/2012 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is the best primer I have tried! I have oily lids, and other primers (from Urban Decay, Too Faced, Benefit) have creased after 3-4 hours on me, but the Nars lasts ALL day! So excited to finally come home after an 8 hour day and my eyeshadow looks as good as when first applied.

on 4/25/2012 6:34:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have never been able to wear eyeshadow that didn't dissolve from my oily eyelids within a couple of hours but now that's not the case. My eye makeup stays on all day- eight hours without even fading slightly. The product is easy to apply, dries quickly and causes no irritation. I have not tried the Urban Decay eye primer so I have nothing to compare this to but I am delighted with it and will buy it again as soon as it runs out.

on 4/24/2012 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This eye primer works for me, and considering the failure of several other brands, that's quite something. Although I have oily skin, I never considered my lids particularly oily until I started wearing shadow regularly. But Urban Decay Primer Potion left me with creased shadow, Lorac Behind the Scenes was worse, and NYX Eyeshadow Base (the one in pots) was worst of all. I got passable coverage by putting MAC's Painterly paint pot over UDPP, but that left me with a lot of product on my lids before I even added shadow. I finally tried NARS, and it works perfectly. Not even a hint of creasing, even after 12 hours of wearing pretty pigmented shadows. And it's the lightest primer in terms of weight that I've tried--I never feel that I've added any product to my skin. I've been using it for over a month.

I do have some gripes about it. The hard tube (like mascara) prevents you from squeezing it, so I know I'll be losing a lot of product when the amount gets low. And it's needlessly expensive. Finally, although the product is white when you take it out of the tube, it turns colorless on your skin, making it difficult to know where you put it and where you didn't. But it does what it says, and that's what counts.

on 4/17/2012 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The first primer I used was UDPP. I loved everything about it, except the packaging. The wand pulled out a ton of product and you couldn't get everything out in the end. Since then, I've used TFSI. It's easier to store, you can get every bit out, and control what comes out. However, there is the issue of separating.
Enter NARS primer. The consistency of this is more tacky than creamy. It is colorless. It takes a lot more product to cover the space than the other primers I've used. It also takes a lot longer to dry. It's hard to blend over sometimes, no matter how much I use or how long I wait for it to dry. My eyeshadows did stay on pretty well, but sometimes I noticed they were muddy-ed together rather than staying where I put them. The shape of the bottle is good, but I'm still not a fan of the wand delivery system. I have to dip and apply at least twice on each eye to get the right amount to cover. The opposite problem that I had with UDPP. There is less in this tube, it costs more, and I have to use more. So I'll stick with my TFSI since it works.

on 4/17/2012 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was SO excited to try this and it just didnt work....my lids can get oily here and there but nothing too crazy. I rotate between UDPP or TooFaced primer and sometimes my Paint Pots. Ive never had any problems but I love NARS and figured this would be as great as everything else he makes. But its not. Major creasing, sliding you name it. My shadow was mostly gone after work & that NEVER happens with my other 3 primers. To be sure, I tried it a few more times under various shadows and its awful under everything. I hate leaving such a negative review(I have items that got really bad reviews but work great for me) so I'll just say this: I *highly* recommend testing this primer at the counter and wearing it a few hrs before you buy it. And keep your receipt!!

on 4/16/2012 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is the best eye primer I have found and much better than Urban Decay and Too Faced in my opinion. The sponge tip applicator makes it really easy to apply. It is really good for oily lids in particular and makes eyeshadows stay put all day without creasing at all. Love it!

on 4/15/2012 12:19:00 PM

Great product! Keeps eyashadow at place for 12 hrs without creasing.

on 4/15/2012 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried urban decay primer and Nars primer. Both hold up to its claim. On my eyelid, Nars felt better and I didnt feel like there is a substance on my eyelid. Whereas Urban decay's primer I can feel a substance on my eyelid.

I wish both products told me on the packaging to wait for the primer to dry completely on the eyelid before applying eyeshadows or creamsr.I learnt by trial and error. If the primer is not dry before adding eyeshadow then it will crease in a few hours.

on 4/13/2012 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

ive never tried any other eyeshadow primer, so i have no basis of comparison. but i can tell you my eyeshadow stays put literally 12+ hours, with no signs of oiliness creasing or fading. My skin is generally really oily and my eyeshadow normally melts off 3-4 hours later. this product is exceptionally great for late night partying, and ensuring your dark eye makeup wont fade!

i wish they made something like this for the entire face!

on 4/12/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was satisfied with Too Faced Shadow Insurance even though it kept separating in the tube and I was constantly shifting it around to manage it. But I switched to this product and I am very happy as I got more than just convenience. It does the job well but the texture it provides really smooths out those "over 35 lids" if you know what I'm talking about. Sort of provides rejuvenation for crepey eyelids. My shadow went on very smoothly and it looked a lot smoother too It is much thinner in comparison to TFSI and while it leaves a white cast it isn't too bright; in fact, it is a nice natural brightened effect. The applicator is a dream compared to fussying around with TFSI also since it is in a hygienic tube with a wand. Really nice product.

Top Rated NARS Products