NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 4/15/2012 12:19:00 PM

Great product! Keeps eyashadow at place for 12 hrs without creasing.

on 4/15/2012 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried urban decay primer and Nars primer. Both hold up to its claim. On my eyelid, Nars felt better and I didnt feel like there is a substance on my eyelid. Whereas Urban decay's primer I can feel a substance on my eyelid.

I wish both products told me on the packaging to wait for the primer to dry completely on the eyelid before applying eyeshadows or creamsr.I learnt by trial and error. If the primer is not dry before adding eyeshadow then it will crease in a few hours.

on 4/13/2012 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

ive never tried any other eyeshadow primer, so i have no basis of comparison. but i can tell you my eyeshadow stays put literally 12+ hours, with no signs of oiliness creasing or fading. My skin is generally really oily and my eyeshadow normally melts off 3-4 hours later. this product is exceptionally great for late night partying, and ensuring your dark eye makeup wont fade!

i wish they made something like this for the entire face!

on 4/12/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was satisfied with Too Faced Shadow Insurance even though it kept separating in the tube and I was constantly shifting it around to manage it. But I switched to this product and I am very happy as I got more than just convenience. It does the job well but the texture it provides really smooths out those "over 35 lids" if you know what I'm talking about. Sort of provides rejuvenation for crepey eyelids. My shadow went on very smoothly and it looked a lot smoother too It is much thinner in comparison to TFSI and while it leaves a white cast it isn't too bright; in fact, it is a nice natural brightened effect. The applicator is a dream compared to fussying around with TFSI also since it is in a hygienic tube with a wand. Really nice product.

on 4/10/2012 1:49:00 PM

I've tried literally every eye primer out there, and this is my favorite. Eyeshadows blend really well with this underneath, and there is no fading or creasing. It is $$$ but you use such a little amount each time that it will probably last a very long time.

on 4/9/2012 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I do like this primer for my oily lids because it is smooth, silky, & colorless. I apply it and then let it sit for a minute while I decide what to apply that day. I find that letting it sit for 30 seconds to a minute helps it to last longer and it is no longer tacky when I apply my eyeshadows, making them easier to blend. If you apply immediately, then it is still wet and blending is awful.
I would not repurchase because MAC paint pot primes and conceals the redness on my eyelids, evening everything out and making me look more awake. Since I dont want to use two products when one will do the trick, I wont repurchase.
I like the TFSI applicator better than NARS because TFSI you can get every last bit out of the tube and it only applies a little bit at a time whereas with NARS you'd have to cut it open to get out the last and I think it wastes product.

on 4/4/2012 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I started out with Urban Decay's Primer Potion and was elated when my eyeliner didn't transfer and stayed-put all day. For the amount of product you get, Primer Potion is a great deal and does the job perfectly. However, after daily use, I noticed small bumps showing up around my eyebrows and underneath my brow bone. I thought my skin was just erratic from the stress of applying to colleges and studying for finals. However, even after my stress seemed to level out, I still kept getting the bumps.

Out of curiosity, I stopped using the Primer Potion for a week and noticed that the small bumps were completely gone by the fourth day of not using the product. For some reason, my double cleansing routine at night (consisting of taking off majority of makeup with an oil cleanser and washing my face with a separate facial cleanser) wasn't removing the product completely or my skin was allergic to the product. I gave the Primer Potion to a close friend at that point because I didn't want to waste about 2/3 of the product still left inside the tube.

After a bit of searching and debating with myself over the price, I decided to purchase the Nars pro-prime base and can definitely say that it was worth the money.

The consistency is a bit thinner than the Primer Potion and is truly colorless on my skin. It's definitely not as sticky as the Primer Potion either. The staying power is generally the same; I have a busy 12+ hr day, especially now that I'm in college and have to run between classes, office hours, and student activities and my eye makeup holds up incredibly well on my oily eyelids.

Another thing that I really love about this product is its packaging; it's in a lip gloss type of tube with a doe-foot applicator. I appreciate this because it prevents me from using too much at once. With the Primer Potion, I would sometimes squeeze out a bit too much and since you can't put any of the product back, I ended up wiping away a decent portion of the leftover product.

First and foremost, if you don't have a very sensitive skin that can break out, I definitely think that the Urban Decay Primer Potion is the way to go. It does the job of holding the product well and for a decent price. However, if you want to avoid any kind of skin issues and/or don't mind the price, I think buying the Nar's Pro Prime is a great option.

on 4/2/2012 4:54:00 PM

I've been using this for a while, and I like it, but don't think I will repurchase. This does a good job of keeping my shadow in place, but I kind of wish it was nude instead of white/clear. Because of the colour (or lack thereof) I sometimes have trouble figuring out how much I need on my lids, and at first I wasted a lot of product. As with most primers I've tried, this tends to dry out my lids a bit with constant use.

on 3/29/2012 10:23:00 AM

This formula dries matte and fast and enhances the color and wear of all eyeshadows. I have creaseless Asian lids and wear matte neutrals and shimmery taupes and beiges, nothing too thrilling, but this primer actually brings the subtle color to life, rather than looking like I am wearing no eye makeup, which is how I felt before I started using this primer. Shadows really do cling to it which is why the wear is so enhanced, but that does mean I have to apply and blend quickly, as other reviewers mention. It's something worth noting when blending but definitely is not a downside compared to the benefits of this formula. Will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not able to blend colors with this primer also I find it very drying on the eyelid.

Top Rated NARS Products