August 21, 2014 | 1354 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by danger_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used UDPP and Smashbox Photofinish eye primer but nothing works quite as well and felt as good as Nars Smudgeproof. I have oily and hooded lids. Nars is the only one that doesn't crease or smudge my liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Beverlyfay

This product has rekindled my love affairs with eye makeup! For awhile now, I've had the feeling at the end of the day that I'd like to scratch my eyeballs out to relieve the irritation from makeup melting into my eyes. And that's with a very highly reviewed primer.

No more -- now I come home from work and can sit down graciously for dinner without subjecting anyone to my naked face. I can even, as happened recently, go out in the evening with the same makeup I applied in the early morning.

And that's all down to this wonderful primer -- a true HG product.

I'd only qualify my enthusiasm slightly with regard to the packaging. The applicator is fine, but it's hard to tell how much is left in the tube. And believe me, this is one product I do NOT want to run out of.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by fashionlover7

Okay soooo initially I was on the UDPP bandwagon , but that was my first primer so I didnt know any better. After admitting to myself that UDPP was not my HG , I saw a youtuber review this and decided to give it a try. It is GREAT!!! My eyeshadow stays on all day even on a hot day. Its expensive , but if your not happy with your current primer you will be very pleased and you wont have to deal with the UDPP Genie bottle that holds half of your product hostage ;) .............

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by jenmonica7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so grateful to MUA for pointing me in the direction of this product! I have oily lids and my eyeshadow would be gone, creased, and/or faded by the end of the day. This stuff works great. Eyeshadow does not budge, liner does not budge, no creasing for me. I tried to cheat a little and stick it under my concealer as well but couldn't quite get away with that because it was too drying (although it did make the concealer go on stronger and stay in place). For me, this is great stuff and I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by brandi9689

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really oily eyelids so I need a primer that will last all day. This stuff really works. My eye shadow does not crease or fade away. It is a little pricier than some of the other primers on the market but it is my HG of eye primers.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This let me down so much. I have a mostly unused tube of it, but still try to scrape out the last remnants of my Urban Decay primer from the tube, because that works so much better. This doesn't make eyeshadow stay! It creases within hours. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used every eye primer created on this planet to combat my extreme oily/hooded eyelids! UDPP is okay but it will start to crease in about 5 hours and TFSI is a little bit better. MAC paint pots- love 'em but I need a primer to make them last longer than 4 hours. The NARS price and terrible packaging turned me off for a long time but I was desperate! OMG I can't express my gratitude for their creation of this wonderful product! You just need a tiny bit and it won't crease for 8+ hours. I also bring it up to my eyebrows since I have to fill them in a lot because of my light black and sparse brows and they last all day! The real test was when I used this during my week in Seattle and trip to little Forks where it was cloudy/humid/rainy on and off all day. I put this on at 5am and went out 10 pm that night and only my powder needed to be retouched. My eyemakeup looked exactly the same as it did this morning through all that drizzling and wind! This is my first proclaimed HG product and it is worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample and i did not like it. When i appled this and then put eye chsadow on top i found that it made my eyeshadow look dull and Mac Gold Deposit is not a brozer thats dull.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by friday89

WOW - this product has blown me away. I have never used eyeshadow primer before (I can't believe it either!) except for mac prep + prime eye (WORST PRODUCT EVER so it doesn't count) because they seem to be the dark horse of the makeup world - I've never had a SA try to sell me one in all the years I've been buying.

Anyway, I was drawn to this product because of the great reviews and because it is colourless (and odourless) as UD and others all seem to be shimmer. It has a lovely silky texture and is extremely lightweight. Eyeshadow stayed put a full 12 hours and I even accidentally rubbed my eyes a few times throughout the day. NO CREASING at all - and I have pretty oily lids.

My only gripe is the packaging - while it looks far less tacky than the UD, the wand doesn't seem to pick up much product at all (though you don't need much so at least you aren't wasting) and applying with a brush is streaky and uneven, so I had to dip a few times and use my finger. I would recommend a squeeze tube personally.

I give it 5 lippies, despite the packaging it is a HG product for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I've been using this for almost 2 weeks now and I am in love with it!
I personally think it is better then my Too Face and Urban Decay Primer.
This stuff literally glues the eye shadow to your lid!
Absolutely no fall out, creasing, oily lids or fading. Everything stays put from early am to late pm!
I found my Urban Decay and Too Face can make my lids slightly oily, for me the NARS was oil proof!