January 25, 2015 | 953 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by LisMo9

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this every day to keep my black bobbi brown gel eyeliner from smudging ( i confess it is no match for the l'oreal kohl, i've yet to find something that keeps the pencil eyeliner from smudging since that is what it is designed to do). it is a great base for my eyeshadow to keep it from creasing and for the ink eyeliner to keep from fading. i can use one tube every day for 6 months, a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best eyeshadow primer ever. I've gone through Urban Decay, Too Faced, NYX, ELF...every eye primer that I could get my hands on, and nothing compares to the Nars Pro Prime. It's so silky and smooth and easy to blend, it's completely invisible and anytime I use it my eyeshadow doesn't so much as *budge* from where I put it. I've worn my eye makeup for 15 hours, then slept for 6 hours--I certainly dont recommend doing that, but it happens sometimes--with this as a base and they still looked immaculate when I woke up. It is about $5 more than the Too Faced or Urban Decay, and it comes with less product, but it's the best as far as wear goes. I absolutely adore this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by MzDT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this based on the good reviews here. I don't think I've ever made it through a work day without major shadow creases - usually my shadow is gone by lunch. My lids are just so oily. I've tried concealers as a primer - Amazing Cosmetics, Laura Mercier, Mac. I've used Urban Decay's Primer Potion, Mac paint pots - which were fairly good - but I still had major creasing. I've touched up my shadows with light dusting of powders from T le Clerc, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown. I'd really given up on wearing any shadows to work with significant color payoff since they all just creased. Would just put on a little white/beige on to look awake and some liner. I have to say, I'm really impressed with this product. I wore a medium toned plum shadow to work today over this base and it was still on by the time I got home. That never happens!! Usually it creases and I wipe the creased bit off a couple of times in the bathroom throughout the day with a tissue and that's that. A whole entire make-up genre for daytime has opened because of this - I can wear actual colors on my lids.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by smccarthy1000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best. Primer. Ever. I've tried every one out there and this one takes the cake. I have oily skin and my shadow creases quickly. This primer truly delivers. My makeup goes on at 5:30 am and is still perfect when I wash it off by 8pm. It provides a much smoother surface on the eyelid than bare minerals and urban decays eye primers. I like the sponge tip wand, it's like a lip gloss applicator and allows for really easy application. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because I don't love that it is white however it does not at all affect shadow color. I would just prefer more of a nude color. I'm on my second tube and will definitely buy again. Expensive but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for a few weeks now and I can honestly say it delivers. The wand packaging isn't the most hygienic but I wipe it on the back of my hand, then apply to my eyes. It makes my eyeshadow stay on all day with just minimal fading. It doesn't have a scent and it's colorless, just slightly white going on but that doesn't affect color of shadows on top. It's currently $24 USD for .28oz/ 8g of product, which places it among the more expensive shadow primers but it's pretty bulletproof and worry free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried several e/s primers, including UDPP, TFSI, MAC Prep & Prime, and always found that they worked well for a month or two then my skin seemed to get used to it and I'd have creased e/s half way through the day.

NARS eye primer means e/s doesn't crease for 12 plus hours. I put my makeup on at 7am this morning, and it's now 8pm. No creasing. This product is a game changer, and worth the few pounds more than UDPP costs. I don't have particularly greasy or dry lids, and before this I had to use a cream e/s base over primer, and even then there was some creasing. I'm praying my skin doesn't get used to it, I've been using it for a few months now and it still works perfectly. The packaging is great too, the wand applicator is very easy to use and only a dab on each eye is necessary.

Amazing, I love it! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Ruskydoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Blimey. BLIMEY. Having tried a fair few of these kinds of things, including smash box, Sephora's own and Benefit (which is utter pant-ville, by the way) I was staggered by this. It works, completely. Fourteen eyes, hot weather, Gym sessions, eye make up Does. Not. Move. If you put a little on your bottom lid, too, you can have ye olde smokey eyes all day without smudging too. Brilliant product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by auburngreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have trouble with the staying power of your shadows, this could be a game-changer. Ever since I got this, it's like I'm rediscovering the shadows that I had tossed aside in my stash because they don't have a good texture. With this, they do!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by melyndaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best eyeshadow primer I have used. Eyeshadow stays put, even in hot, humid weather, and/or workouts. My only complaint is the wand applicator packaging - which makes it impossible to get all of the product out of the container. Take a small pair of scissors to pry off the internal ring, so you can get all of the product out of the tube. I was quite surprised at how much was still inside the tube when I did this, weeks worth of product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by shelnmum

I finally got myself a tube of this eyeshadow primer after almost every beauty blogger raved about it! :) And indeed, this is better than UDPP! This goes on colorless and a little goes a long way! I have oily lids and I used this yesterday for the first time. Applied my NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner after using this and the eyeliner lasted for more than 14 hours! No creasing, no fading! I am really very impressed! :)