November 24, 2014 | 990 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by auburngreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have trouble with the staying power of your shadows, this could be a game-changer. Ever since I got this, it's like I'm rediscovering the shadows that I had tossed aside in my stash because they don't have a good texture. With this, they do!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by melyndaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best eyeshadow primer I have used. Eyeshadow stays put, even in hot, humid weather, and/or workouts. My only complaint is the wand applicator packaging - which makes it impossible to get all of the product out of the container. Take a small pair of scissors to pry off the internal ring, so you can get all of the product out of the tube. I was quite surprised at how much was still inside the tube when I did this, weeks worth of product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by shelnmum

I finally got myself a tube of this eyeshadow primer after almost every beauty blogger raved about it! :) And indeed, this is better than UDPP! This goes on colorless and a little goes a long way! I have oily lids and I used this yesterday for the first time. Applied my NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner after using this and the eyeliner lasted for more than 14 hours! No creasing, no fading! I am really very impressed! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is truly amazing..definitely HG for me and I have tried many primers. I have dry eyelids and problems with eyeshadows fading throughout the day. Although some primers I've used kept fading at bay to some degree, none of them work this well. After a 12 hour day, my eyeshadows looks freshly applied! This really pops eyeshadows too. It intensifies colors for me like no other primer. I'm NC40-42 so some of my eyeshadows do not show up that well on me but this primer makes a big difference. I also love how much easier blending is with this!!! I spend a lot less time blending eyeshadows now because this primer just makes it so much easier. I am one of those people who use 2-3 different shades and my eyeshadows have never looked better. I have a few eyeshadows that sometimes go on a bit patchy but somehow, this makes everything go on more smoothly. I've tried primers that made everything look crepey! A little goes a long way..all I need is whatever is on the wand when I pull it out. I dab a bit on each eye and that does the job so I expect this to last a long time. It dries colorless on me despite my tanned skin. I can't say much about creasing bc that's not a problem I normally have but I haven't experienced any creasing w/this. I love this and wouldn't hesitate to repurchase at all. I just wish it came in a squeeze tube instead!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by anderson02

best primer EVER! i have hooded and oily lids...this makes my shadow stay on until i remove it with eyemakeup remover!! i'm so thrilled i want to pinch myself. a TOP 3 HG PRODUCT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Kei1115

Can I tell you - the NARS eye primer is freakn AWESOME. I had been using the Laura Mercier primer in wheat previously but actually after a few hours I find my eye shadow starts creasing so it doesn't really work at all... :(

Then I bought the NARS eye primer over the weekend, it's more pricey, but finally, something that works as advertised. I used it yesterday and at 9pm at night, my eyeshadow was pretty much in tact and most importantly, crease free!!!!!!! I'm converted :) I want to highlight the fact that I actually went for a Power yoga class at lunch time too so even through exercise and a bit of sweat, it still lasted pretty well. woohooo.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by dokoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The doefoot applicator isn't the most sanitary, but after going through many other potential HG primer contenders, I've found that this one is the ONE. Better than UDPP, better than Shadow Insurance, I can't believe it but I've found my HG primer in a no-hype NARS product. I should mention that I have the oilest of oily lids, so if this works for me, this would work for anyone. Truth be told, I do get a little smudging by evening, but compared to everything else, this wins.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by animecute

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG eye primer.
I don't have oily lids, but this product is smooth, non-drying and easy to apply without tugging.

The only thing I have to complain is the applicator is terrible. The doe-foot applicator is okay until you're trying to squeeze the last bits out.

Conclusion:
Amazing non-drying, prevents oilies, does its job. Crappy applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by AstroD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily lids and this primer sets my eyeshadow all day. Until I received this in a Nars GWP I used MAC paint pots as eyeshadow primers, and while I still like them Nars eye primer doesn't alter the colour of the shadow and won't look dry like MAC paint pots can. I haven't used UD potion primer so I can't compare it with that. Would definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 8:03:00 AM More reviews by PlasticFace

I use this every day without fail. I cannot do without it. I first got it out in one if the Make Up Your Mind kits in the mini version and was convinced it would be the only thing I wouldn't use. How wrong I was. After working out the correct amount to put on I am an addict. At first I was applying too much and experienced a little dryness/flaking of the product at the corners of my eyes. A thin layer is really all you need, I would recommend that even if you are just wearing eyeliner that you apply over most of the lid though so no pigment smudges.
It is colorless (white in the tube), fragrance free and it dries invisible.
I actually lost the full-sized one I originally purchased and went without it for a few days to see if I really needed to spend all that money again. It was awful! my shadows creased, eye liner flaked/smudged - week without it was all I could handle!
Yes I would (and already have) purchase it again because I don't appreciate my eye make-up smudging even though it's expensive. I go to the gym after work so still have full make-up on and my eye make-up is always perfect afterwards, even if I use the sauna.
I've recommended it to a couple of people who've been put off by the price but they're also converts after a couple of uses.
The one thing I will say is that this can be difficult to blend over. I mean this is good and bad as it is a literal anchor for anything you put on top which is great as everything is locked in place until you chose to take it off. However, blending will take a lot more work and decent brushes to get a good effect.
Still gets 5 stars from me though!