July 23, 2014 | 1936 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by brandi9689

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really oily eyelids so I need a primer that will last all day. This stuff really works. My eye shadow does not crease or fade away. It is a little pricier than some of the other primers on the market but it is my HG of eye primers.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This let me down so much. I have a mostly unused tube of it, but still try to scrape out the last remnants of my Urban Decay primer from the tube, because that works so much better. This doesn't make eyeshadow stay! It creases within hours. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used every eye primer created on this planet to combat my extreme oily/hooded eyelids! UDPP is okay but it will start to crease in about 5 hours and TFSI is a little bit better. MAC paint pots- love 'em but I need a primer to make them last longer than 4 hours. The NARS price and terrible packaging turned me off for a long time but I was desperate! OMG I can't express my gratitude for their creation of this wonderful product! You just need a tiny bit and it won't crease for 8+ hours. I also bring it up to my eyebrows since I have to fill them in a lot because of my light black and sparse brows and they last all day! The real test was when I used this during my week in Seattle and trip to little Forks where it was cloudy/humid/rainy on and off all day. I put this on at 5am and went out 10 pm that night and only my powder needed to be retouched. My eyemakeup looked exactly the same as it did this morning through all that drizzling and wind! This is my first proclaimed HG product and it is worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample and i did not like it. When i appled this and then put eye chsadow on top i found that it made my eyeshadow look dull and Mac Gold Deposit is not a brozer thats dull.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by friday89

WOW - this product has blown me away. I have never used eyeshadow primer before (I can't believe it either!) except for mac prep + prime eye (WORST PRODUCT EVER so it doesn't count) because they seem to be the dark horse of the makeup world - I've never had a SA try to sell me one in all the years I've been buying.

Anyway, I was drawn to this product because of the great reviews and because it is colourless (and odourless) as UD and others all seem to be shimmer. It has a lovely silky texture and is extremely lightweight. Eyeshadow stayed put a full 12 hours and I even accidentally rubbed my eyes a few times throughout the day. NO CREASING at all - and I have pretty oily lids.

My only gripe is the packaging - while it looks far less tacky than the UD, the wand doesn't seem to pick up much product at all (though you don't need much so at least you aren't wasting) and applying with a brush is streaky and uneven, so I had to dip a few times and use my finger. I would recommend a squeeze tube personally.

I give it 5 lippies, despite the packaging it is a HG product for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I've been using this for almost 2 weeks now and I am in love with it!
I personally think it is better then my Too Face and Urban Decay Primer.
This stuff literally glues the eye shadow to your lid!
Absolutely no fall out, creasing, oily lids or fading. Everything stays put from early am to late pm!
I found my Urban Decay and Too Face can make my lids slightly oily, for me the NARS was oil proof!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

If I had reviewed this when I first got it, I would've given it a 4, just because I hate the wand packaging. However, I've been using it for a few months now, and I've gotten used to the wand. The product itself is amazing - very light and easy to apply, and shadows last forever. I have not had creasing at all when using this primer, not a single time, no matter how long I waited before removing my makeup. I've used many other primers that I loved (MAC paint pots and Lumene are my other faves, also used TFSI and UDPP), but none perform as well as NARS. I still wish they would put this into a squeeze tube, but that's the only complaint I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by 1Agatka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The best eye primer I've ever used. Hands down.
It's pricy and as it's only 8g I expected it to last a month, maybe two... but it's been 3 months and despite using it every single day it does not seem to be anywhere near finishing. Maybe it's because it does not dry out inside of the packaging one bit, unlike so many other primers (UD, anyone?).
It applies white but spread out becomes completely transparent, even on black skin. It dries pretty quickly but it is best to wait a minute or so before applying eye shadow as colours applied when it isn't perfectly dry come out darker, otherwise it brings out true colous, it does not affect tones or blending. It's the only primer that lets me wear NARS Strada (officially the hardest eyeshadow to wear) in its full smoky-purple-golden glory (not looking like sparkly grey-green mess).
It does not crease... I mean, really it DOES NOT CREASE! First crease-proof product I've tried that does what it says on the packaging.
This primer lasts ALL DAY ...and umm... even longer. Once (due to too much partying and oversleeping for work) I've had my eye make-up on from Saturday morning to Sunday late evening... and it looked all freshly-applied even after some 36hrs (do not try this at home!). Amazing.
The only downside (because the price it ok considering how long it lasts and how well it works) how the packaging looks after even two days... that rubberised plastic gets dirty super-fast and looks even worse on this product, as the bottom half of it is white.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

Best. Eyeshadow. Base. Ever.

I resisted everyone on the mu board telling me to switch to this primer because I was determined to make my TF Shadow Insurance work (which it does, but it started smudging after about 6 hrs on my oily lids). I FINALLY bought NARS' eyeshadow base about a month back, and I fell in love with it instantly. My eyeshadow / eyeliner DOES NOT BUDGE for the whole day with this primer, even if I go hiking through the mountains (which I occasionally do) or go to dance class and sweat like a pig (which I always do).

The packaging is kind of strange, it's basically an opaque, white lip gloss case (with the same fuzzy brush that most lip glosses use). The primer itself is a white, lotion-like cream that creates a smooth, clear canvas on your eyelids. It dries quickly so you have to smudge it out with your finger immediately. You can apply eyeshadow on it soon after, and it's very easy to blend / smooth powder eyeshadow around on it (unlike Urban Decay's Primer Potion).

The lasting power of this primer is not to be believed. I can go through a 10 hr work day, go to 3 hrs of dance class, come home, and STILL see that my eyeliner and eyeshadow are (almost) as perfect as they were in the morning. This is the first primer I've tried where my eyeliner doesn't transfer to my brow bone (since I have hooded eyes and even with TFSI, any eyeliner usually transfers by the end of the day).

Basically, I can't stop raving about this product. It IS pricey, but totally worth it. Go buy it if you are sick of all the other primers out on the market and want something that WORKS even in crazy, humid, sweaty situations.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by xahxha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't usually wear tons of shadow, but even a little used to crease within a few hours. This base totally eliminates the creasing, and it's kept shadow lasting as long as 12 hours since I bought it. It's pricey, but for me it works. (I don't mind the very slight whitish cast, as I'm fair anyway, and I always apply a nude shadow up to the brow, which covers it up.)