NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 3/28/2012 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This eye primer is awesome. It is easy to apply, and your eyeshadow will last all day. Eyeliner lasts better as well. I find it to work much better than UDPP totally worth the few extra dollars. I will absolutely buy again!

on 3/22/2012 7:05:00 PM

I bought this product because a youtube beauty guru I watch kept talking about how good it is for people with oily eyelids. I'd only tried UDPP before, and my eyeshadow was still creasing quite badly with that primer, so I decided to give the Nars one a shot and it's amazing. My eyeshadow stays put all day long with absolutely no creasing.

on 3/8/2012 6:09:00 PM

I'm cringing to bring down the raves over this but after trying it for a week I just can't say it's working for me, much as I'd love to join the ranks of happy people who find this HG. There are many pros to this primer--and for me, one big con. The pros are it's a light, easy to apply texture and shadows stick like glue--they're literally on, looking just as vibrant as when first applied--until you take it all off. No fading, creasing, melting. Woo~hoo. The big con is that shadows stick like glue. I'm having a hard time blending and softening the way I like, especially if you're wearing more than one, say a crease colour and a lid colour. Given how expensive this is, the blending issue is a big letdown for me. I have slightly oily lids so anything creamier [MAC paint pots, Laura Mercier, Trish, Benefit Stay Don't Stray] didn't work to control creasing, and UDPP is OK but certain shadows still fade and crease on me [Chanel] so I was really hoping Nars would be the answer.

on 3/8/2012 11:38:00 AM

I got this in a sample bag recently and waited awhile to try it because I usually use Urban Decay and/or concealer as my eyelid primer. I probably will not be repurchasing my UD potion because this is my new go to primer. I actually like the wand because with the UD potion I always felt like I was using too much product and wasting a lot of it, so I like the NARS better. UD is also too drying on my eyelids making it hard to put makeup on my eyelids. NARS is creamy and emollient and just glides onto the skin with the wand. The true test for me was yesterday when I went to the gym, afterwards my face was sweaty and red but my eye makeup didn't budge. I wasn't expecting that at all. Which makes me think this will be especially great for the upcoming summer. The only drawback is that there is no color to the formula, so it won't even out your eyelids like the UD primer potion does. But since it truly works, I'm okay with that.

on 3/6/2012 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

PROS: keeps shadow on all day. NO creasing! good amount of product in the tube.

CONS: expensive. seems drying (although that's been less of a problem since switching eye cream). not convinced that the wand packaging will allow me to use all of the product.

had been using LORAC Behind the Scenes for over a year, but needed something new because i was noticing mid-day creasing on a regular basis.

i've tried -- and been unimpressed -- by UDPP in the past. i used to really like the BE primer back when it was in a twist-up pen but i went through it quickly and it was always an unpleasant surprise when i discovered the product was all gone. even though BE has since repackaged, you still get more than double the amount of product with NARS for $6 more.

i have since tried the NYX HD primer, and HATE the slimy texture, so i'm going back to NARS.

on 2/29/2012 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I use this every day to keep my black bobbi brown gel eyeliner from smudging ( i confess it is no match for the l'oreal kohl, i've yet to find something that keeps the pencil eyeliner from smudging since that is what it is designed to do). it is a great base for my eyeshadow to keep it from creasing and for the ink eyeliner to keep from fading. i can use one tube every day for 6 months, a little goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is hands down the best eyeshadow primer ever. I've gone through Urban Decay, Too Faced, NYX, ELF...every eye primer that I could get my hands on, and nothing compares to the Nars Pro Prime. It's so silky and smooth and easy to blend, it's completely invisible and anytime I use it my eyeshadow doesn't so much as *budge* from where I put it. I've worn my eye makeup for 15 hours, then slept for 6 hours--I certainly dont recommend doing that, but it happens sometimes--with this as a base and they still looked immaculate when I woke up. It is about $5 more than the Too Faced or Urban Decay, and it comes with less product, but it's the best as far as wear goes. I absolutely adore this.

on 2/14/2012 8:50:00 PM

I purchased this based on the good reviews here. I don't think I've ever made it through a work day without major shadow creases - usually my shadow is gone by lunch. My lids are just so oily. I've tried concealers as a primer - Amazing Cosmetics, Laura Mercier, Mac. I've used Urban Decay's Primer Potion, Mac paint pots - which were fairly good - but I still had major creasing. I've touched up my shadows with light dusting of powders from T le Clerc, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown. I'd really given up on wearing any shadows to work with significant color payoff since they all just creased. Would just put on a little white/beige on to look awake and some liner. I have to say, I'm really impressed with this product. I wore a medium toned plum shadow to work today over this base and it was still on by the time I got home. That never happens!! Usually it creases and I wipe the creased bit off a couple of times in the bathroom throughout the day with a tissue and that's that. A whole entire make-up genre for daytime has opened because of this - I can wear actual colors on my lids.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Best. Primer. Ever. I've tried every one out there and this one takes the cake. I have oily skin and my shadow creases quickly. This primer truly delivers. My makeup goes on at 5:30 am and is still perfect when I wash it off by 8pm. It provides a much smoother surface on the eyelid than bare minerals and urban decays eye primers. I like the sponge tip wand, it's like a lip gloss applicator and allows for really easy application. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because I don't love that it is white however it does not at all affect shadow color. I would just prefer more of a nude color. I'm on my second tube and will definitely buy again. Expensive but worth it!

on 2/10/2012 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have been using this for a few weeks now and I can honestly say it delivers. The wand packaging isn't the most hygienic but I wipe it on the back of my hand, then apply to my eyes. It makes my eyeshadow stay on all day with just minimal fading. It doesn't have a scent and it's colorless, just slightly white going on but that doesn't affect color of shadows on top. It's currently $24 USD for .28oz/ 8g of product, which places it among the more expensive shadow primers but it's pretty bulletproof and worry free.

Top Rated NARS Products