August 20, 2014 | 1327 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Dolce7vita

I actually started out liking this concealer. It's got good coverage and really doesn't wear off too quickly. However, I use it for under my eyes, and find that it dries out that very sensitive area. It creates heaviness and really accentuates fine lines! Ugh!! For covering up other spots its fine- but the wand can lead to spreading of bacteria so I really wouldn't want to use it for that either. I'd only buy this again out of desperation because its not terrible and its very inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by hellobri

I really do like this concealer, it concealed my dark undereye circles great and brightened my eye area as well as concealed my blemishes nice, my skin looked amazing after i used it. I went through 2 tubes of this and just recently needed a new one so i bought the revelon colorstay under eye concealer which i hate, and i need to repurchase the 24hr concealer bad! Only thing i dont like is the packaging, when you take out the wand you get a lot of product that you don't need but other than that i love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by erad916

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Terrible concealer. Does not rub in well at all and is very sticky. The mineral powder concealer by them is much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this concealer. It is DECENT, but definitely not one of those concealers you can use anywhere on your face. I like the formula, it really is long lasting and has a great "not even there" feel. The only places I can use it are to conceal redness on my cheeks and cover any discoloration from past breakouts. Under the eye.. it creates a mess and sinks into fine line. NOT GOOD. Forget about putting it on blemishes or dry patches, it will accentuate them. I applied around my nose once (already prone to being dry) and it just sucked the wee bit of moisture I had.. it flaked off. Gross.

I will repurchase because I absolutely love how it covers on my cheeks, but I have extremely clear skin.. I can imagine if I had my teenage skin it would be an awful mess. I probably wouldn't recommend this to anyone, though. There are so many better concealers out there! It's cheap.. but in my opinion it should be way cheaper because they quality is just not there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried to like this concealer but I really couldnt. The packaging is really nice and easy, its average price but when I used this concealer it made my pores look HUGE and clogged them really bad.

It was only OK for under the eyes but anywhere else was very very bad and no matter how much i tried to blend it in it still made my pores look huge and accentuated dryness. Oh well!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by ItsInHisKiss

I can only use this concealer when I blend it with a moisturizer...yes, it is that dry. It does not flake but it does cake in the small lines under my 22 year old eyes. I use this every day, however, because it stays on my skin all day. I am starting to despise the tiny (was this a joke?) bottle it came in, and I am resorting to scraping it out with the applicator until I can gather enough money for a knock-out concealer.
This concealer is not good for blemishes, because without a moisturizer it would pull the skin and actually create more redness on my skin. Thus...my search continues.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by cheer6

Didn't work for me. I wasn't expecting it to last 24 hours, but it didn't even last a couple of hours for me. It caked beyond belief. I will no buy thi again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe i discovered this NOW. I should've purchased this a long, long time ago....

Okay so i started 'ranting' though i'm not 100% happy with it (obviously). however, i think this product is a great find, a drugstore concealer that rivals high-end products (Helena Rubinstein).

I tried this one and the mousse concealer, however the latter was available in two shades only (White Vampire and Bleached Ghost- thanks but no thanks), then smeared this on the back of my hand while rolling my eyes and getting ready to hit other counters....and something struck me. It looks and acts EXACTLY like my beloved Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer...without the hefty price tag (that one was expensive like shiz...35 if i'm not mistaking).The consistency, the way it blended in, the pigmentation and the shade (Medium) mimic 100% HR's MC in 03 Dark. I couldn't believe it.

I love the packaging. I have always had a soft spot for these spongey-applicator concealers, i don't know why. They're a bit easier to apply than the squeeze-tube versions, you still get your fingers dirty but that way, i feel you can control the quantity (a smear versus a squeeze than can end up all over your clothes/furniture etc).

Okay so this concealer looks very rich on my skin. Of course that, being the drugstore product it is, it will still crease a little (FAR less than other drugstore stuff) and get a tiny bit dry (not flaky). It looks a bit drier than Helena Rubinstein (aka duh duh duh) but ....surprise surprise....LASTS LONGER. WAY LONGER.

The HR (which i love&adore) has one big disadvantage....it used to last all day (i never powder my undereye area because it shows all the fine lines, which i hate) but a few weeks ago it started to magically vanish three hours after i apply it. Boo.

The Maybelline one stays put where i apply it and doesn't budge. it covers everything (think purplish circles) and even illuminates the area. I specifically picked a darker-ish shade because i am so tired of all the 'light' (white cast) halo everything else gives me...

so yep. this is a great find that i will most certainly repurchase. Gave it 4 lippies only for the minor creasing (oh well....) and for the rip off Maybelline franchisers engage in on Swedish territory (paid the equivalent of 17 USD here!). Other than that, it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by smartmakeupshopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer works quite well on blemishes and although I have acne-prone skin, I don't mind the packaging because I usually dab a bit of this product on the back of my clean hand and use the product either with a q-tip, brush, or fingers; whichever is both more sanitary and convenient at that time. This concealer does not work well for under my eyes because it brings attention to very fine lines that do not show up when using other concealers or even when bare.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have really bad acne scars and acne. and i must say this covers them pretty well. i HATE the packaging. it is s spell for disaster only because it spreads acne. BUT the concealer its self is pretty good. i havent used a whole lot of concealers and i am on the hunt for a new one but this will do for now. it does crease a tad bit. and you really have to get used to it. it does dry real fast. you should do one side of the face at once (just a suggestion) but pretty much its just here for now till i find a new and better one :)