April 20, 2014 | 920 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by atsui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product contains titanium dioxide, so if you wear this and have a photo taken of you (with flash) you'll see in the photo that you have definite raccoon eye or very obvious light patches wherever it's been applied to the skin. The product dries to a powdery finish so it encourages caking of concealers applied overtop. My under eye area looked quite terrible and aged when I used it as an under eye concealer primer. I stick to using it on the lid and under the brow and it works decently. I tend to a be a light-medium shade in pretty much every cosmetic line for concealers and foundations, and found the colour of this primer to be better suited for someone with fair skin. This realization became apparent to me when I compared this primer to Smashbox's Lid Primer which has a shade that matches my skin tone much better. It would look quite bad if I wanted to wear this Benefit primer on my eyelids by itself. The product packaging is hygienic but takes some mastering so you don't pump out more than you need (for me, that's 1/2 a pump to cover both eyelids with product). After I finish up this pump bottle, I'll be trying the Urban Decay primer next.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by rachelbobco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

meh. Its an eye primer, not super great as a primer, my pref is painterly paint pot, which I prefer to udpp. This stuff comes in after udpp, its just ok. Got it in mini to try, and I appreciate having it in my to-go kit but won't repurchase. It has the weight and consistency of a cream concealer, doesn't really do the job as a primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by KillersandLiars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gave this product an honest chance, but it failed miserably as both an eye primer and an under-eye concealer primer. On my lids, it made applying shadow a needless chore, and it creased very badly within just about an hour or so. I don't have particularly oily lids, so I was shocked by this. Under my eyes, it settled into the very minimal lines that I have and accentuated them quite a lot. Overall, this is an awful, unfortunate product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Pineapplegirlie25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recieved a mini bottle of this with a benefit set I bought in the summer. My UdPP ran out so I've been trying this one for a while. I really am not a big fan. When I got home today I noticed my eyeshadow was completely creased and faded. Even thought I have oily lids and it has been about an 8 hour day, my Udpp never does that to me. Will not be buying the full size.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Takota

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok...so I bought it for a concealer to stay in place. I used to use bobbi brown concealer and its lasting power kinda sucks, so I thought that stay don't stray would help.And also that concealer creases on me. Not only it didn't help it to last much longer but it did nothing for creasing as well.(back to EL DW)
So I used it as an eyeshadow base...no, nothing. It did not make my eyeshadow brighter or last longer...
But I found if you use it as a primer on your face...(just to finish the product up) it is pretty good for reducing the size of the pores!!!!!!! I would not use it everyday, as it kinda blokes the pores. So if you have this product and do not like it for what it is supposed to be used, try using it for your pores... Would not buy again...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this stuff is pretty horrible. i have super oily asian eyelids and it's impossible for me to use any sort of eye makeup w/out a primer. i've been faithfully using udpp, but gave this one a shot, but i literally felt as if i would have gotten the same results if i didn't use any primer at all. i didn't get any added pigmentation of the products i used on top, nor did it give any of my makeup staying power. the consistency is also more watery than i would like. this is a waste of money. it may work for others w/dry skin, but i can't imagine this working for anyone w/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I recieved the small container in a BeneFit sample pack this summer, it close me $14 for 3 products, and I alone would of paid that for this product. I used to love Two Faced Shadow Insurance but i'm sold on this. The small packaging includes a doe foot applicator for the product. I know the bigger packaging has a pump which you pump the product onto your finger/brush. I apply one swipe to each eyelid and spread it. This keeps my shadows on all day and helps fight aganist creasing. It's also good under the eye area for concealer. I definitely recommend this and when my sample runs out i'll definitely purchase the full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 3:45:00 AM More reviews by penny626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product isn't bad if you know how to use it. A little goes along way. You don't need to glob it on like I know a lot of people tend to do. That's one of the main reason your makeup will slide off. I holds my eyeshadow on all day, no joke. and as for under the eye, I don't recommend it. The product does crease and you will have to pat it back in. And try it before you buy it. There are bunches of benefit counters you can go to where the girls will demo it on you. That's how I fell in love with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyEuphoric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this primer for concraler and eyeshadow. It is a thicker consistency not at all like UDPP. I don't find the pump sprays a massive amount of product I just kinda tap the pump or like push slightly then squish the dot between my 2 ring fingers and apply on top and under my eyes I kind of pat rather then swipe. When I do get to much product I'm not gonna lie it happens I just get a sample jar and scrape what I don't need in there and use it the next day. I find it holds my makeup really well it helps to correct coulor and I like that it has some vitamins in it it doesn't say that on the box but it does in the benefit magazine. I'm happy with it I will probably re purchase when I need to.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by fatisil

Oh it strays... And sets in fine lines, and comes squirting out of the tube in an amount suitable to cover all of your face... and everything bad... and is expensive (well it didn't kill me, but it sure did try :p) Seriously hate it!!!