August 2, 2014 | 1616 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by rachel90877

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, I wanna say I don't use this product as an eyeshadow base. It did moderately well but no where as good as MAC Paint Pots, which is my primer of choice.
However, I really do like it for under my eyes. I have very fair skin (NW20) and I can use this as a concealer on its own. I also have layered it underneath my MAC StudioFix pot concealer and I noticed that even through a work day + a cardio dance class my undereye concealer lasted WAY Better than it normally does!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this product from a VIB gift with purchase set. I never finished the sample (in the garbage) because I just hated the product. First, the smell. It has a horrible chemically smell--hard to describe but very industrial. Second, application--it is a very thick creamy concealer like formula that does not feel good when applying to the eye area. Third--after application--it itches! There is something very wrong about this product and I absolutely could not keep it. I would not recommended! If you are looking for a good eye primer try UDPP (urban decay primer potion) or for a cheaper dupe to UDPP try the elf eye primer (which I actually prefer to UDPP). Hope this review was helpful.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by gcpecor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to have a good shadow base. This is not it. First of all the packaging is so extremely wasteful. A little of this product goes on forever and there is virtually no way to dispense "a little". I"ve tried and tried. By the end of the day, I have creasing. I have tried using it under my concealers, This is a concealer. It make the under eye area look way overdone. I love many Benefit products, but this one needs tweaking.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Primer Potion and a few alternatives to a lesser degree, but got a free tube of this and thought it was worth trying. While it doesn't make shadow crease more than it would applied to naked lids, there's not much of a difference. The texture has too much slip and doesn't create a smooth canvas for shadow or liners. F.Y...Eye!, their older primer, was somewhat better than this, but I'd recommend skipping Benefit's primers entirely.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by chloexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Benefit Stay Don't Stray is my primer of choice! I have tried the other more popular primers and they definitely deserve their praise but for my eyelids I feel this suits my needs best. When I use primers that have the typical eye primer texture its creates my eyeshadow to look crepey and I am still in my 20's! This keeps it on all day and does not mess with the texture. So if you have tried others and didn't think they were right this is worth a shot!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Stay Don't Stray is an ok primer. It really doesn't do much at all. I use it before I put on my concealer and eyeshadow. My eyeshadow still creases when I use this. I don't think this product is worth the money that it cost. This product is a waste and cost too much to do so little.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this from Sephora and it was okay. It worked fine as a primer/base for my makeup - no creasing or fading - but I prefer the consistency of UDPP more. This was way, way too dark and yellow for a concealer for me, and it would be silly to use this as a concealer base to apply my own concealer over top if it's darker than my dark circles to begin with. They should make this in at least two other shades - lighter and darker - because I can't see this working for anyone darker either. I don't like that it's tinted to begin with. I do like the pump packaging though. Would not buy it, but I like to have the sample around for when I just play/experiment with makeup so I don't waste my UDPP.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by gbb333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
- Evens out the skin immediately.
- It's not drying or cakey.
Cons:
- The pump system looks like it was built to make you use more product than what you need (1/4 pumps was enough for my two eyelids and under eye areas...)
- It's a pain having to clean the residue off the pump everytime I use it.
- Tends to crease on my lids.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by 17pearls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unlike many people who have commented on this, i'm going to say that i think this is a great eye primer!
I have quite oily skin so find that by the end of the day eye shadows are either just left in the creases or come off or smudged around my eye - but this kept it matt and creaseless all day.
The creamy texture dries really fast so you have to work quickly but as its only the eyelids i use it on thats fine. I put foundation over the top then powder eyeshadow.

To use under eyes you need to moisuturise well beforehand and use sparingly. I may just continue to use it on eyelids. Also this is not a concealer - its a primer so i still use concealer on top.

The packaging however is really poor quality (for the cost of the product) and you only need a tiny bit which is really hard to dispense as lots comes out.

Overall this does work as an eye primer, I was pleasantly suprised and pleased with the results.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sleepykrista

I got this as a sample giveaway at an expo. I had high hopes for it because it went on so thick and dried quickly, but my shadow was creased within 3 hours. Just not a winner for me.

If you do try it, use a SMALL amount and put it on in stages because it dries quick and once it's started drying, it's hard to spread across the eye area.