October 21, 2014 | 973 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product to help brighten my eye area and as a primer to prevent concealer from creasing and fading. I suffer from hereditary dark circles that are difficult to conceal. My skin tends to be dry and sensitive, so many products tend to irritate my skin, cause flaking, and/or draw more attention to the under eye circle problem. This product caused no irritation or dryness. I am pleased with the brightening effect. Concealer lasts without creasing or fading. I am using this in combination with the Benefit Erase Paste and Amazing Cosmetics concealer and see a marked, positive difference compared to other products. The packaging leaves little to be desired. The pump dislodges too much product, creating unnecessary waste. A little of this product goes a long way. Applying too much creates a creased, caked look that emphasizes fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so shocked this product has bad reviews, I purchased it under the belief that MUA loved it after seeing good things on the boards.
Anyway, my heart sank when I saw the bad reviews of this product, I considered taking it back untouched but what it claimed to offer peaked my curiosity so I went ahead and tried it (nb - in the UK we cannot return cosmetics). The results of me trying this out are I'm happy to say, positive!! I am so glad that I did!! This stuff is a keeper. Basically, I have trichotillomania and as a result, no top eyelashes, I also have under eye circles and find that my makeup smudges around my eyes as the day goes on which is not a pretty look!
I have used this for a few days now and it holds up my eyeshadow brilliantly, I'm very pale and this doubles as an all round concealer for me which is amazing!! I pat this on all around my eyes and it stops smudges (mostly but not all), covers discolouration and acts as a wonderful base for eyeshadow and liner! I put a spot of highlighter under my eyes on top of this and I'm good to go!! Star product!!
I can see that peoples main issue is the packaging, I adore it, it's space saving, cute and I like the pump bottle (although can't see how much is left!!) - the pump can easily dispense way too much but I find that if I'm just really light when I press it down I get a decent sized blob out that will just cover both eyes and my brow space. I suppose having considered the wider consumer market, I can see why people hate this, but for my particular situation, this is perfect and I hope they never ever stop making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have dark circles that show through even when using corrector. Using this, before corrector or concealer or even foundation underneath my eyes, has been a must have for me. It keeps my concealer in place, might be helping with whatever I put on top not to settle into fine lines...not sure. I've been layering this with lots of different concealers & correctors but the best I've found so far is this, then foundation, then YSL Touche Eclat, then a light dusting of Laura Mericer brightening powder. Lots of products, but loving the results. My undereye area is the biggest issue I have in terms of what I need to cover when I do my makeup. Not only do I have dark circles on fair skin, but I also have fine lines going on. I use as eyeshadow primer ONLY when too much product comes out. It isn't the best eyeshadow primer because I've noticed my eyeshadows will crease after about 4 hours. The packaging could be improved because it's difficult to control how much product you get no matter how slow you try to push down the pump. Good stuff! Highly recommend for anyone who has issues with concealer wearing off throughout the day and/or has fine lines under the eyes. I should note that when I apply it, I always use my ring finger to smooth out & pat on.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Island77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use Benefit's FYeye, as it created quite a nice bare canvas for shadow and liner. Compared to FYeye, this one is not very good. My shadow creased part way through the day, and did not create a very nice base for my shadow. Too bad...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by rachel90877

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, I wanna say I don't use this product as an eyeshadow base. It did moderately well but no where as good as MAC Paint Pots, which is my primer of choice.
However, I really do like it for under my eyes. I have very fair skin (NW20) and I can use this as a concealer on its own. I also have layered it underneath my MAC StudioFix pot concealer and I noticed that even through a work day + a cardio dance class my undereye concealer lasted WAY Better than it normally does!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this product from a VIB gift with purchase set. I never finished the sample (in the garbage) because I just hated the product. First, the smell. It has a horrible chemically smell--hard to describe but very industrial. Second, application--it is a very thick creamy concealer like formula that does not feel good when applying to the eye area. Third--after application--it itches! There is something very wrong about this product and I absolutely could not keep it. I would not recommended! If you are looking for a good eye primer try UDPP (urban decay primer potion) or for a cheaper dupe to UDPP try the elf eye primer (which I actually prefer to UDPP). Hope this review was helpful.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by gcpecor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to have a good shadow base. This is not it. First of all the packaging is so extremely wasteful. A little of this product goes on forever and there is virtually no way to dispense "a little". I"ve tried and tried. By the end of the day, I have creasing. I have tried using it under my concealers, This is a concealer. It make the under eye area look way overdone. I love many Benefit products, but this one needs tweaking.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Primer Potion and a few alternatives to a lesser degree, but got a free tube of this and thought it was worth trying. While it doesn't make shadow crease more than it would applied to naked lids, there's not much of a difference. The texture has too much slip and doesn't create a smooth canvas for shadow or liners. F.Y...Eye!, their older primer, was somewhat better than this, but I'd recommend skipping Benefit's primers entirely.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by chloexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Benefit Stay Don't Stray is my primer of choice! I have tried the other more popular primers and they definitely deserve their praise but for my eyelids I feel this suits my needs best. When I use primers that have the typical eye primer texture its creates my eyeshadow to look crepey and I am still in my 20's! This keeps it on all day and does not mess with the texture. So if you have tried others and didn't think they were right this is worth a shot!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Stay Don't Stray is an ok primer. It really doesn't do much at all. I use it before I put on my concealer and eyeshadow. My eyeshadow still creases when I use this. I don't think this product is worth the money that it cost. This product is a waste and cost too much to do so little.