April 20, 2014 | 1353 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by kailingggg

I have crazy clogged pores, loads of tiny bumps on my face, whiteheads, black heads etc.. My skin was in a horrible condition so I've finally decided to splurge to get the Clarisonic Mia.

Whenever i wiped my face with toner after washing my face normally, i still can see residual dust and dirt being wiped off my skin. But after using the Mia, my face is squeaky clean! After about 6 months of using it, i realize that all the tiny bumps on my face are gone, significantly lesser blackheads. I don;t break out as often as i used to.

I went off on a holiday for 2 weeks without my MIA and omg, all the tiny bumps came back! Im not sure if it means that my skin now relies on the MIA to keep it clean or not. Nonetheless, great product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I have the Pro but that link doesn't seem to be working so here goes.

Overall, this has not been a miracle product for me. Yes it makes my skin feel squeaky clean and soft, but not more than any other exfoliating product. I always use this in the night only, and as I don't use night creams on my greasy skin (your skin needs to breathe!), I have not benefiited much from the fact that it is supposed to make products absorb easier.

My skin does feel a bit tender if I use it too often. I only use it now twice a week. Skin can get too used to something. I'm also wary of dragging my skin too much and making it lose its elasticity. I have stopped using this with acne control products as it feels harsh and now only use it with Cetaphil, even on my dirtiest skin day.

My main grouse with this is the battery performance. It lasts if I use it on my face only, but the body brush seems to completely deplete it. I can barely use it for 2 mins. I notice that the battery gets over quickly if you put it on and off but you need to do that to give it a dry after using (you rub it against a towel).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My Clarisonic Mia is on my top 5 desert island items list. It operates on a built in rechargeable battery so I'll have to work out that issue. Its amazing. Has completely changed my complexion, refined my pores, and smoothed out my dry rough skin so moisturizer and treatments can absorb better. For many years I had problems with enlarged clogged pores on my nose. My facialist would always tell me i needed to exfoliate more even though I was using an exfoliant of some sort on a diligent regular basis. I started using the Mia and after a few weeks i noticed that the pores on my nose started appearing smaller and that clogging was getting less and less. Now the pores on my nose are barely noticeable and my skin is silky smooth. Cant say enough praises!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay. I made up my mind that I would not post a review on this product until I had used it for at least three months. I am now five months into using it, so feel that I now have an accurate understanding of what the clarisonic mia has done for MY skin. And thats the key.... MY skin... because as I go through other reiews of this product. it appears that everyone has a different experience of this product. My advice is that you will need to develop a routine of using mia that suits your skin.
After reading extensive reviews about this product I took a leap of faith and purchased mia. Lets face it, in these difficult economic times, who wouldnt break out in a sweat at the thought of parting with 109 English pounds for a beauty tool. Its not like its a necessity!!
Okay, I have dry, maturing skin. Its not hyper sensitive, but I will experience irritated, burning skin if the product is too full of chemicals or strong fragrance. I have been told that I have a good complexion and to be honest I do not have blemishes or spots on my face. My main motivation for buying it is was to have a deeper cleansing experience. I love wearing makeup and wear foundation nearly every day. I use the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish twice a day with a muslin cloth but felt I needed something a little deeper to supplement the routine.
I chose the sensitive brush to be on the safe side. I initially used it every night for about two weeks with my Liz Earle cleanser. I absolutely loved the results. My smooth complexion became even smoother and had a certain glow to it. I also noticed that I did not have to use my usual two pumps of my luminous foundation as my skin seemed to have a luminosity of its own (one pump now sufficed). Such was my excitement at these results I decided to use it in the morning as well. My skin looked absolutely amazing for about a month. THEN I started to notice dry flaking skin on my nose, my skin became drier and that luminosity initially observed disappeared leaving me with dull skin. Throughout this, I have no doubt though, that my skin was being thoroughly cleansed. You can imagine my disappointment at how my skin appeared to be changing...for the worse.
If the mia had been maybe twenty english pounds, I may have clled it a day and put it down to experience. However given the the money I forked out I was not prepared to give up just yet. So I decided to restrict the use of the Mia to once a week. Result!!!. The dry, flaky skin has disappeared and has remained smooth. I have noticed that my moisturisers absorb so much better and I need less foundation to give a good coverage
From my experience I woukd advise anyone purchasing this is that they have to understand that the Mia is a deep(er) cleansing system. Therefore there may be some trial and error in determining how your skin reacts to that. As I started out with blemish free skin I cannot comment on its effectiveness in addressing spots, acne etc. Though I guess having scrupulously clean skin has got to be a benefit.
Overall I would purchase Mia again if and when my current one stops working

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

Like many mau-ers, I waited a long time before getting one. I looked up reviews, braced myself for the it will get worse before your skin will get better, and made sure I got it with some discount at a store that would allow me to return it incase anything were to happen to it.

I have normal/combination skin. More oil in my tzone and chin. I blot my skin at least once a day, usually during the afternoon. I do not struggle with acne, rather I bought this product because I felt that my skin was not clean enough due to full coverage makeup and daily use of sun screen. Probably why I got pimples randomly. I'm outdoors a lot and want to prevent and continue to improve my skin as I age.

So I went to Sephora with a gift card; Sephora has a super flexiable return policy that I am extremely grateful for. The first two days of using it, i was amazed at how clean my skin felt. I remember at night, my night cream would glide on and absorb very quickly. I only use the mia at night when I shower after I remove all my makeup. But seriously, my skin was so clean. In the morning, I apply my sunscreen or my tinted moisturize, and it was like it wasn't on my skin anymore. It felt like my skin was absorbing product again!

I focus my clarisonic on my tzone and chin. I'm extremely careful with my cheeks because I have enlarged poors. But the clarisonic comes with very detailed instructions so you won't have a problem figuring out to use it.

As for my random pimples and blemishes, It did irritate them. But within the next couple of days the blemish was gone. I have not had a single big pimple, like ones that I need to pop, which I know I shouldn't. And when I do, it goes away within the week and leave no scar.

Great product, and it gave me no problems when I traveled overseas for 2 weeks. Def give it a try and see how it works for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by chloeanne7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK I've waited a long time to do this review because I have gone back and forth and have been really conflicted as to if this is a good product and worth the money, but I think it's time I put my 2 cents down.

For about the first 3 months I had this I thought I had wasted my money, I really felt I could get the same or better results with an exfoliation cloth or face buffer.

When I got the deep pore brush I did like the product a whole lot better. The normal brush that comes with it is crap! Too rough yet doesn't exfoliate good, just irritates your skin pretty much. The deep pore brush is what makes this product good, I suggest you buy one with your clarasonic and don't even bother with the normal brush. The deep pore brush is more gentle yet somehow exfoliates deeper despite being more gentle on the skin.

Have a seen a dramatic change in my skin?... Well sadly no I haven't.

Would I buy this product again? Well mine broke after 2 months, I had no warranty (more on that in a minute), so I had to really think if I wanted to dish out another lot of money. The funny thing is that after having so much hate for this product for feeling like I wasted my money initially, now that I has gotten used to it I don't feel like my skin is clean without it. I finally caved after a few weeks and dished out the money for a new one. I am addicted!

I don't know if my review helps as I am quite conflicted myself but I do now think it is overall worth buying if you have the money though not a miracle product.

TIPS:
- Do not buy from ebay or any unauthorised sellers! This is what I did the first time, I brought on ebay from a seller who said they are an authorised reseller and that my purchase would be covered by warranty. Two months later it stopped working. I sent several messages and emails to the ebay seller with no reply, I can no longer leave any bad feedback to warn others as it has been too long. I lost my money. I contacted clarasonic direct and they have said no ebay or amazon seller is authorized and they will not supply warranty if you got from this source. They have a list of authorized sellers on the website, I suggest you only get from these places if you want to be covered when you clarisonic breaks.

-My other tip is that I think the other models are a waste of money and the mia is better value. You're not going to use the multiple speeds, the speed of the mia is just right. The thing I like about the other models is the drying stand as a charger, my mia pretty much has to lie on the counter when charging which I don't like, makes the bathroom look messy. However, for the price difference I don't feel the extra cost is worth that small advantage.

-Apart from this my third tip is just get the deep pore brush from the start, the normal brush is a waste of time.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by DearSherry

I'm usually the type who really isn't blown away by all of the hype; especially on what seem to be expensive purchases. But I have had so many issues with hyperpigmentation, dry flaky skin, and a rough texture to my face that I was desperate to try just about anything. After all, Amazon has a wonderful return policy and what could I really lose?

Here is what I noticed with the Mia after roughly a month of use:

Firstly, when I was doing my research and watching videos, this thing looks so rough on the skin... especially when you watch people scrubbing away with what appears to be a thick and bristly brush. I was afraid to try this because my skin is so sensitive and acne prone. Everyone promised it was definitely okay, but I had a hard time believing that. I bought this with a sensitive brush and I use it in small circles along my face without pressing down or applying a whole lot of pressure... and it really is what they say: gentle and effective. I am not sure about any other brush than the sensitive, but so far I have been surprised at just how much gentler it is than it looks.

Also, many say they broke out within two weeks of using this and then their skin cleared up again. I didn't experience any phase like this. My skin went from consistent breakouts to a perfectly smooth face despite my hyperpigmentation. I have ALWAYS had issues with acne on my chin and some along my cheekbone, and for the first time in so many years, my skin is smooth and soft.

The exfoliation on this is amazing. As I said, it makes your skin very smooth and soft; I did notice it a bit after the first use, but you really do have to give it a week or two before you REALLY start to notice just how much softer it can make your skin. My flaky patches and rough texture slowly melted away. My moisturizer not only seems to soak in much easier as well, but my makeup goes on much smoother. There is no longer anything dry or rough for my makeup to cling to and the texture of the skin really improves.

For those of you who may have the same question I did in the beginning: I use currently use Clinique's cream cleanser, which is meant to be applied to skin when dry. The Clarisonic instructs users to wet the skin and brush, and I had to ask a Clarisonic rep if my cream cleanser would be okay for this. The answer is yes; it can be used with anything that doesn't have exfoliating beads or shells. What I tend to do is apply the cream to my dry skin and then wet the brush. This helps me rest easier knowing the brush isn't moving against dry skin, and it seems to work well for me.

As far as technical details, this little magnetic charger is very compact and very neat, in my opinion. As far as noise, the Mia is pretty quiet. I think it's nice that it goes off after one minute, and yet at the same time, sometimes I need it for a little longer. And the timers on the Pro version? I don't even miss them. Also, if you use this to remove or wash off makeup, even after a makeup remover, be sure to scrub your brush with soap at least once a week. This will help minimize stains on your brush, if that bothers you.

So happy with my investment. It really is an amazing buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Nobodys_angel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I love my mia. I really do. Like almost everyone else, i read through tons and tons of reviews and different viewpoints before i decided to splurge on this. I'm so glad i did.
I was initally really put out by the idea of the initial breakout and people saying its because of bacteria or irritation from the brush. But millions of woman who swear by it can't all be wrong...so i went for it.

The first week...i was blown away, my skin felt soooo smooth..i couldnt wait to use it again. I used it once a day just to see how my skin responds.Come second week...pimples on my jawline and forehead...nothing severe...just small ones. I was quite unhappy about that especially since i had a good first week with it. I considered the whole 'bacteria' theory....but decided to stick with it since i've invested soo much.
Third week....pimples are going or gone, leaving no marks at all...all existing blemishes from old breakouts...gone. Mild chicken pox marks (got it 3 months back)....gone. My skin looks more and more clear with all the blemishes, marks fading away rapidly...it has such a clarity and eveness that really knocked my socks off. Everything i use (i'm notorious for not sticking to one cleanser) works at least 10X better.
So now, i'm totally not buying the whole bacteria/irrritation theory. I do now believe its clearing out the skin...the same way you tend to break out initially after a facial.
I love my mia,....i now can look into the mirror and not cringe. lol. I'm going to slowly start using it twice a day...i think its all about experimentation. Theres no right or wrong. Its all about what works for your skin...so my advice is to not take the instructions as law and use it religiously twice a day. Start slow and adjust according to how your skin responds.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by martiangurll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, for those reviewers who said it didn't make them look younger or take away any wrinkles, that isn't what this is supposed to do. This is a deep skin cleanser that acts as a mechanical exfoliator. It isn't a time machine. And, there isn't any product that can credibly claim to cure acne, as with everything else, your mileage may vary, and this may not work for you.

My skin is mature, not especially wrinkly as I avoid radiation by wearing sunscreen religiously, but very sensitive, drier on the edges and oilier in the middle (okay, let's face it, my t-zone is an oil slick by noon unless I employ countermeasures), reactionary but not necessarily break out prone. That being said, I get the monthly breakout at PMS time, it seems no matter what I do, this happens. Also, I have rosacea with the annoying redness and the tendency to be both oily and flakey at the same time, especially over my t-zone.

I have the Clarisonic Mia, have used it for over a month. I use it every other day due to concern after reviews that my skin would get too dry and flakey if I exfoliate too vigorously. I like many of you avoided shelling out the cash for this due to my thought that it is a gimmick but after reading some internet information, took the plunge (and got it at a discount). I am glad I did. Normally, I don't like paying for bells and whistles. But a knowledgeable make up addict advised me that the sonic technology does more than scrape the make up off of your face. It exfoliates, encourages sebum flow, and stimulates lymphatic drainage, all of which are good for your skin and are not really assisted by the crappy drug store knock offs of this product. And like many other reviewers have described the metaphor of once you use a sonic toothbrush, your teeth won't feel clean with the old manual method, same goes for using a sonic exfoliator on your face.

My advice is to be gentle and remember sometimes less is more, especially if you have finicky skin. Start with once a week and move up from there. Let the brushhead do the work, don't press down, you are vibrating, cleansing and stimulating, not waxing or buffing! Use a nonfoaming cleanser (I use Paula's Choice, it is great). Glide over areas for a few seconds each, moving constantly. Use an oil based eye makeup remover to get the stuff off your eyes if you need to do that first. Use a moisturizer for your skin type following the cleansing.

Results: My skin was definitely smoother, softer, toned and yes, it appeared to glow (likely due to improved circulation and lymph drainage as well as removing dead cells and debris including gross make up). Did I still have the monthly acne, yes but it wasn't as "deep" and went away on its own without the old incise and drain like before. I don't look ten years younger, it didn't cure my rosacea or break outs or erase any wrinkles, but I didn't expect it to do that.

I would purchase again as it was well worth the money. It cost less than many ladies I know spend on a MAC Collection haul or getting your hair colored at the salon. Or, the price of 3 facials. Long term benefits are well worth it. My make up goes on smoother and I have actually switched to using mainly tinted moisturizer as I actually love the look of my skin and just need the sun protection. My nose doesn't have the annoying flakies and oil productions seems to be much less. Moisturizer absorbs way faster now, less annoying wait between it and the foundation step, when I bother with foundation. Less redness overall.

Cons: Charging this contraption is a pain in the neck, you have to wait overnight to charge it, like when you buy a new i-pod or cell phone; I go through this annoyance once a week unless I remember to charge it on the 5th or 6th day. The vibrations are a little intense when I use it on my nasal area, I LOL'd reading about someone vibrating their "facial nerve off" but honestly it isn't that bad. I cannot really fault the cost as a con, as I agree that it is a long term investment and again, about the same price as a monthly make up "haul" for most of us. Unlike the haul items, I will keep using this product again and again and it makes my skin better, not just temporarily pretty.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have had mine for 3 years now and it is still going strong and i use it almost everyday. it really maintains my skin texture and clarity and i can use it with pretty much any cleanser and i love how this can be used in the shower, which is the only time i use it pretty much. it is so easy to travel with and they come in tons of cute designs and colors now...so if you dont own it, get it! sephora friends and family sale is coming up so take advantage!