August 23, 2014 | 1797 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by mzebra

I flipping love my Mia. I treated myself with some income tax return money and am so glad for the splurge. I use this in the shower every morning. On some days the reminder that my Mia is waiting for me is one of the only things that gets me out of bed. I still have minor break outs, which I blame on my cycle. But my skin is a lot smoother and dealing with breakouts is much easier. If you like to squeeze (bad girl, bad I know) any congested pores I have the intruder practically levitates to the top. I normally use Johnson & Johnson Pure cleanser and it seems to work well. I love this thing so much that I even bring this on my motorcycle camping trips. Space is a premium when we travel, but with the long battery life I don't need to worry about bringing the charger. And after a long day on the road, being exposed to sun, rain, dust, dirt and staying at campsites that might not have showers...this is a god send!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ButrflyGrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used the washcloth method on my face for years and years and about 5 months ago I broke down and spent $100 (Amazon) on the Mia. Then because of my temperamental skin, I let it sit on my bathroom counter for 3.5 months. I was afraid to use it. I started out slow, only using it a couple of times a week but I instantly loved how soft my skin felt but felt the original brush was way too hard - I'd scrub my floor with that!

I bought the acne brush and liked how soft it was but my skin didn't feel very clean but I didn't get any new blemishes. I have to deal with monthly hormonal breakouts on my chin which are sometimes cystic. I decided to try to deep pore brush and my face from my forehead to my chin is having some problems. Now, I'm not sure if it's the brush head, my time of the month or if my skin looked so fantastic at the beginning of regular use because I was dying of the flu and was on a course of antibiotics!

I've switched back to the acne brush and my skin seems to slowly be clearing again. I also think part of the problem may have been my tendency to spend 59 seconds on just my chin and speed through the rest of my face.

I like how soft my skin feels, I like less dry flakes but I'm still trying to figure out if the Clarisonic is causing my roller coaster skin or if it's other factors.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Lovemygold2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have had my Mia for approx 2 months now, I did the 2nd charge this week.It is a very good size,fits well in my hands. The weight is reasonable, not to heavy. It is not to noisy, but it does make a vibrating sound which may have members of your household wondering ; ) I have not changed the brush head yet, but the instructions look easy. Now for the best bit... I have acne prone skin (hereditary), I have had prescription pills & cream, pixel laser, micro dermabrasion treatments and I must say this is the least painful, non-staining or bad tasting way to treat my skin. The Mia does not pull on my skin, I feel no sensitivity and no down time. Some people reported that they got spots after using the Mia, I can honestly say I got a few tiny ones and this must have been due to the build up of dead skin and my skins way of purging the blocked pores after the Mia exfoliated an area where my skin struggled to do so. I also suffer from noticable acne scars & hyper pigmentation which is fading. My make up is also now applying better than before which means the skincare products must be better absorbed as well now that the Mia has given me a cleaner, clearer face. I am so happy, money well spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Syllionya

I got this as a very thoughtful Christmas gift from my mom, whose lament the past 5 months has been, "Aine, your skin used to be so lovely :((." And I DID have perfect porcelain black Irish skin, until I broke out in aggravated cysts all over my face last spring. For MONTHS. The cysts have cleared and I've used jojoba oil to improve my skin's tone and fade my scars to a light(er) color, but the scars are still there.

3 days:

I use my Mia in the shower with my Acne Free wash. This kinda dries out my skin, but it's my own fault and I might even ditch the wash for Cetaphil instead. The device makes my face wash super effective, so I'm going to stop using medicated products at night before switching to Cetaphil. I was going to do that before I got the Mia, anyway.

Also, the exfoliation, paired with my nightly jojoba oil routine, has noticeably faded my acne scars. My mom thought I was wearing (sheer) makeup today when I wasn't! I don't know if my scars will disappear completely, but they have definitely improved after only 3 days using my Mia. I might be able to use a bb cream instead of industrial strength foundation in a few weeks. :]

I'm a little leery of the breakouts some of the other users have reported; I've never had a "purge" experience with my skin before, so maybe it won't happen. I agree with some of you that the lack of charging dock is a little sad, but the Mia IS a travel model and an excellent value so I'm not very annoyed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After ages of contemplating and researching I finally broke down and bought a lavender Clarisonic Mia as a birthday present to myself in October. Let me tell you, this is one of the best things I've ever done for my skin. I have very acne-prone skin but I never experienced the "purge" that many people talk about, which is one of the reasons I was hesitant to buy it. I've got nothing but good things to say about this little gadget. I love that it's small in size (in comparison to the original Clarisonic) and I really don't mind having one speed, I probably wouldn't use the other one anyways! The first time I used this I was shocked at how much makeup it took off even after I had removed my makeup with makeup wipes AND Bioderma. It actually scared me since that amount of leftover makeup has probably been on my face for the past eight years of my makeup-wearing life! Now if I don't use this I feel like my face is dirty and gross.
I've used this for a little over three months now and it's time for me to purchase a new brush head. But in the mean time, between uses I've been cleaning it with a gentle soap and water. I've heard that you can wash it in the dishwasher, but I haven't tried.
I think this has really reduced my amount of breakouts (except during my period, ugh) and it has actually really helped out my blackheads on my nose!
My mother (56 years old) and my sister (20 years old) both love it also!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am generally a skeptic about these gadgets, and the fact that Paula Begoun did not have a very nice take on them left me wondering even more. Nevertheless, I purchased this little beast 2 years ago, and almost cannot do without it now. My skin looks better than it did twenty years ago (that is, considering acne, etc. The device will not erase hollows or wrinkles in the skin.)

Bear in mind that I am commenting on the MIA, not the other devices. Also take into consideration that I have tried a few different brush heads to varying degrees of success. The one brush head that I swear by is that for acne, as it is indeed the most gentle. I have not experienced the same results with the other brush heads. However, I think that after two years now is a good time to adequately comment on the results of this gadget. I hope that you find this helpful.

Oh, and by the way, use the cleanser that you usually use. There is no need to use the manufacturer's formula. You might even consider using something lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Jennbabbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the battery on this lasts a very long time. i wouldnt use the cleanser that comes with it, i find that it is too harsh on my face. i use clinique mild fase wash with this. I normally use my clarisonic about 2 times a week and it makes my face feel so much nicer. when i know im going out for a nice dinner i always use this prior to my makeup application, i find it make my makeup glide on so much better and i have a better glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by irisjane01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased a grey Clarisonic mia, and at first i was thinking it was going to be a dark grey like pictured on the website, but it's more of an ugly light grey. but whatever, it's not the color, it's how it works right? So far i'm loving my clarisonic mia. I was going to get the mia2, but having a slower speed didn't really seem like a big deal to me. I have not had it for long, so i have not seen THAT much results yet. But i do see that my skin is so much softer afterwards and that foundation goes on smooth. Not to mention, the clarisonic actually makes me WANT to get up and wash my face. I use the clarisonic with Murad Claryifying Cleanser and it's the perfect combination for me. I love the feeling of this and i def want to try more brush heads. I totally recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Sadly this did not work for me. I bought it with decent skin in the hopes that the clarisonic would be that extra something to make my skin really nice. But that didn't happen... my skin freaked out with the clarisonic, and I got a bunch of pimples :( Apparently this is not uncommon, lots of ladies on the skincare board dislike the clarisonic, but I was persistent and kept using it... bad idea. It was very irritating for my skin, and I even revisited it for just one use, and got 3 new pimples. So I guess the clarisonic just isn't for me... to bad, I am going to return it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I generally don't care for cleaning my face or improving the skin tone/texture because I have really great skin (praise the lord) to begin with, but this strange device certainly helps to get rid of the makeup on my face when I wear foundation. It also gently exfoliates, so now my usually flaky skin (on my nose) is now smooth. Strangely expensive though, and I'm not sure if cheaper end cleaning brushes would do the job. I had the foamy neutrogena cleaning stick and it was just not doing a great job of getting the gunk out. At first I was a little shocked at how heavy duty it felt, but the bristles get worn in and by the 3rd day I looked forward to using it. My only problem with it is how it drips water down the side of my arm when I rinse it with water and then put it on my face. Annoying. Overall, great for improving skin texture.