October 21, 2014 | 1855 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Isabella05

I'm using this now to rehabilitate my peeling nails after using polish too long without a break. It's working great; much better than a similar product that I tried before it. I'll probably continue to use it as a base coat once the peeling ends are gone. Hopefully, that will prevent future peeling. I LOVE how fast it dries; makes putting on two coats very fast! My only dislike is that it turns yellow after a couple of days, but I've found that instead of putting on another coat, I should just remove and redo it, as the ends I'm trying to protect will already have begun to chip.
4/4/08: OPI Nail Envy has kept my fingernails intact all winter! As the weather has become warm, I only need to use it on my index fingernails. Hopefully, soon I won't need to use it at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 12:03:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My only can't-live-without-it nail product. It's pricey but IT WORKS. This has allowed my nails to get really long-- they are generally fast-growing but I have a terrible time with peeling and this regimen cures that. Plus I hate the maintenance of colored polish and Nail Envy is something I can easily apply to keep my nails looking good when I'm busy. Take fish oil and biotin and use this stuff, and your nails will be super long and strong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2007 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for years, and while I prefer the matte version of this, it's very good stuff.I'm lucky enough to be able to grow nails quickly and fairly strong, but I have issues with peeling. With a couple of coats of this, my nails don't get to peel.I do prefer the matte though, because it doesn't chip nearly so easily as this original. A bit spendy this is, but a bottle lasts a long time. I've repurchased several times. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2007 8:20:00 AM More reviews by maxsmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! I was blessed with strong nails, (thank you Grandma), but their one downfall was that they sometimes start to peel at the ends. I use two coats of this, two coats of polish and a coat of SV, and my nails are hard as rocks. It does seem to make them grow, mine grow pretty fast on their own, but I do believe this makes them healthier. I'll keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by blesdchile

Let me tell you how good this stuff is...I had to stop using it. I have always had brittle nails. Even if they'd get length to them, they would chip or break. So if I didn't have fake nails, I just kept short nails.I discovered Nail Envy and it is wonderful. After about a month and a half (give or take a few days) of using it according to the enclosed directions, my nails began to grow and grow STRONG. Even now that I haven't used it for a month, my nails are still rock hard. The reason I stopped using it was because they just kept growing and I type quite often so for me, it became a nuisance. I trimmed them and shaped and they just kept right on growin. When I get a wild hair to have long nails again, I won't hesitate to get my Nail Envy. It is great! If you get Ulta's monthly catalog, they always have a coupon for a percentage off or $3.50. Treat yourself!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 10:20:00 PM More reviews by crackharlot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product-I purchased it and used it on my nails which tend to break once they get too long. My nails kept growing until I stopped using it and then they all broke within a week.

I apply it as suggested but once my nails get long enough I apply it on the underside of my nails.

Also, Trade Secret has a 20 percent discount before 11am on Tuesdays which is useful because this product is around $15.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2006 10:06:00 AM More reviews by modern_classic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As far as strengtheners go, this one is definitely worth the time. Usually I keep my nails short to save time but when I want to grow them out for special occasions I reach for this. Thanks to Nail Envy I had beautiful natural fingernails for my wedding, not acrylics.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2006 1:58:00 PM More reviews by TexasCowgirl06

I bought this product on sale at Trade Secret, so I didn't have to pay $15.00 for it. The pros are this stuff helps my polish stay on longer and that it doesn't turn a weird color. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this strengthener really does its job. I have terrible fingernails that break off easily and peel. I'm still having these problems, so I may try acrylics soon. I will probably not buy this again.
UPDATE: This stuff is becoming one of my HG products! I use it every other day and my manicures now last for a week with no chipping! Also, I notice my nails are growing faster and they don't split anymore. I will definitely buy again, but probably when it's on sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I had Nail Envy Dry & Brittle before I tried Original Nail Envy, which I got from Ulta's clearance bin with half price and small lotion. I like Original (matte finish) with pro brush better. Anyway, I have both so I use D&B as top coat. I use Original Nail Envy as base coat and OPI polish in the middle. All of them are single coat (3 layers altogether). My pretty nails with super shine and smooth last about 10 days without drying, peeling, chipping, etc. I can't keep more than 10 days as my nails keep growing so have to remove them all. A bottle seems to last years.

I will purchase Original Nail Envy but if I can find bargain for D&B, I'll also pruchase to use as top coat. OPI Nail Envy costs about $15 but Ulta often has free stuff attached. Check their weekly coupons for discount. If you're in DC, check Bed, Bath & Bebyond in downtown. They have discounted OPI and NE costs about $10. Anyway, I think $15 is OK for me as I have healthy and pretty nails with Nail Envy.

I buffed my nails with OPI smoother and waited about 30 min. after washing so my nails are completely clean and dry before applying OPI. I also patiently waited between coats. That's why they last very long. I did mine during TV commercials so every commercial break, I painted each layer without interrupting my fav. shows :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2006 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Happy_go_lucky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think the original formulation of nail envy is great (I haven't used the other formulations). I always use nail envy as a base coat (I trialed heaps of base coats, Natural Base, Creative Stickey, Orly bonder) and have found this one works the best. I know that scientifically that nail strengthens don't work because the nail is dead, but I have noticed a definite increase in the strength of my nails. For people who are trying to grow or strengthen their girls (I use to be a chronic nail biter) I would highly recommend this along with a nail buffer. The buffer 'bonds' the layers of your nail bed together and I can guarantee you will see an improvement in the strength and a reduction in peeling.