November 26, 2014 | 975 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

Great product! I wouldnt have even known about this product if it wasn't for makeupalley because I never heard of it until I saw it on one of the featured reviews a while back. Anyway I love this product to death. It makes my skin smooth, detoxified and a lot less oily. I don't like that it is messy but the results are too fantastic to let that bother me. I use either once a day or every other day. Some people say they only use it once or twice a week... I guess it just depends on your skin as to how much you will use it. I would recommend this to oily skinned people in a heartbeat .. people with sensitive and dry skin be careful though I'm not sure how your skin would react to this. Thanks to this cleanser my foundation goes on so much smoother and stay on all day. This cost me about $13 for about the amount of the size of my fist which will last me a longgg time because i only use a small amount. They charge you by the weight of the product. I love this. It can be used as both a cleanser or a mask. Make sure to use a toner after using this because sometimes little black specks can get stuck in your pores if you don't.

UPDATE: This cleanser made me break out .. and i mean bad!! Probably the worst I ever have and on places on my face that I never have before. I rarely break out from products so this really was a concern to me. I have to deduct lippie's because I don't care how well this helps with oil control if it is breaking out my skin out while doing so then i wont use it! I'm giving this a 3 because it still has it's positives and it may not react to everyones skin the way it did to mine. I started taking Alpha Lipoic Acid pills which does WONDERS for skin to clear up my horrible acne that I believe was caused from this cleanser. I finally thought I found my HG cleanser ...guess ill have to keep searching. =/

Another update 3/31/10: So I decided to try this again because I missed how much this helped my oily skin. However, it broke me out again. So now I know for a fact that the breakouts from before were due to this product. So sad because this helps my oily skin so much that I was praying that is wasnt this that was breaking me out but oh well I'm done using it for good now. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by yeju

I use this cleanser once a day, when I'm taking a shower in the morning. 100g of DA came in a deep plastic container so I took out a quarter and stored it in a smaller, flatter container (which originally contained a sample mask from LUSH) so that it was more convenient and easier to use.
To wash my face, I take a pinkie nail sized piece and rub it with small amount of water to make into a paste and gently massage my face with it. You have to go gentle because of the harsh granules. There are some oils in DA which seem to soothe and moisturize my skin. Afterward I swipe my face with a toner-soaked cotton pad and I can see a little bit of black charcoal residue coming off.
It is a wonderful cleanser. I believe it contributed to my skin looking glowy and softer, working together with other skin care regimen. I'm not sure if it's helping with my acne at all but it doesn't aggrevate the condition either. But my skin still gets oily as day wears on; it is summer and I expected as much, it is only natural. I wonder what it would be like using DA during winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by makeupchic70

It's my 4th day using Dark Angels. And I'm giving it 3 lippies for now and this is why:
Pros: Works as a cleanser & it feels exfoliating
Smells clean
Cons: Does not remove any of eye makeup so remove eye makeup 1st
Messy
So far, I have some breakouts.
I am willing to give this another week to try then I will update review.
UPDATE: More breakouts today. My skin obviously does not like this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by kizkad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the best cleanser i have ever used for my oily skin and my blackheads are clearing up like nobodys business, this beats angels on bare skin to a pulp even though that is also a very good cleanser, i just mix a small amount of this in my hands with a tiny bit of water to make a thick paste then scrub away and it makes my skin sooooo soft and supple the exfoliation is not too rough like ocean salt and the smell is ok... overall this is now going to be my cleanser until lush discontinue it which i hope will be a very long time

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am already on my second tub of Dark Angels. My SO loves it as well. It is exfoliating enough for me and I don't mind the smell at all. I haven't noticed any blackhead reduction but the other results have been impressive. I use a penny sized piece and mix it with a bit of water then apply it to my wet face. I only use this in the shower - it can be a disaster sink side. My skin is glowy and have not had any breakouts from DA. Fresh Farmacy, Dark Angels, Tea Tree Water and Brazened Honey Fresh mask are my secret weapons!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dark Angels is the best facial scrub that I have ever used. I do like this better than Ocean Salt because I've gotten better results with DA. I've been using for 2 months, 3 times per week. It has made a huge difference in my skin. My skin is softer, more even toned, many less blackheads, less breakouts in general & my pores look smaller. A little goes a long way, so it is a fantastic value. If you order from UK website, you can get the cute black pot that has says Dark Angels on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm not a die-hard LUSH fan, but this is definitely why I'm a regular customer. My skin is combination/oily, and is very prone to clogging and blackheads. I exfoliate regularly using Queen Helene Mint Julep Scrub, and while that's a wonderful gentle exfoliator for every day, I need something much tougher to dig out all these nasty blackheads I'm constantly battling.

This looks like dirt (thanks to the mud ingredient, bought from Morocco), packaged in a LUSH' clear containers. I take an almond-sized blob, wet it enough to make a paste, and gently rub it over my face. Warning: this is not for the sensitive-skinned! It is very coarse, very abrasive, thanks to the charcoal ingredient. I don't find the scent offensive at all (because I can hardly smell it), and it sucks up my blackheads like nobody's business. I can stand to use it 3 times a week, but my skin's pretty tough - those with sensitive or drier skin are recommended to not exceed two uses per week.

I absolutely love, love, love this stuff. Beats an extraction anytime!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2009 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Beneboy

Now for me to give such a low review I must of have a bad reaction...and boy did I! I was in the lush store, buying the brazened honey mask(AMAZING!) and the associate suggested I try the new cleanser. Being that in the past I loved my herbalism, I was like...what the hell, OF COURSE! I ended up buying it, so excited to try it out and see my skin glow glow glow...WELL instead of a glow I got ACNE for days! I had never, ever seen my skin explode so bad until I used this! I was breaking out where I hadn't on my face in years! Curious if it was maybe a combo of things(I did a facial night the first night I used it)...and within a week without using it my skin started to calm down. Its been a week and I still getting my skin back to normal...this is going straight back to exchange for ocean salt or herbalism...If your in remotely acne prone, I highly suggest turning away from this product. In other words:

1) Messy

2) Break out central

3) Sugar crystals barely exfoliate to even be called a "exfoliating" cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by alexistaylor111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is an excellent exfoliator it may be a bit harsh for some skins however i like how abrasive it is. it makes my skin really smooth- as for oil control i haven't noticed a difference but it is a great exfoliator to rid the skin of dead skin cells!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Ruth81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since I have a clogged and oily T-zone (oh the joys of problem skin) Dark Angels is a little beauty at clearing me out once a week and keeping the oiliness at bay for days on end. I don't know how it does it, I'm just glad it does. It retails for just over 5 and comes in the usual 100g black LUSH pot. The product is jet black and looks/feels like a thick powder that turns into a paste when you add water. I can certainly smell the liquorice, but it disappears after rinsing, although the sink usually needs a good clean afterwards. I got Dark Angels free as I spent over 20 at Lush very recently - and spending over 20 there is easily done by me! I have acne-prone, hyper-sensitive roscea-prone skin, so what on earth was I doing with a liquorice and charcoal cleanser/scrub aimed at young, oily skin? Well, after a demonstration of the product by the lovely SA at the Chester branch, I thought this product may possibly 'suck' the dirt out of my clogged pores if I used it as a mask rather than a scrub. And it turned out that I was right! The scrubby bits are far too harsh on my skin, so I avoid rubbing it, but I apply it as a mask and let it do its thing till it dries, (which is does very quickly) and rinse off. I only do it once a week, as that's the most my skin can handle - this product is not for the faint hearted! My skin is not only smooth, but my skin stays matte for days on end, but not dry and flaky. It also works a treat on my bacne. Happy days.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No