LUSH Dark Angels

Rhassoul Mud, Cold Pressed Avocado Oil, Glycerine, Powdered Charcoal, Black Sugar, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, Linalool, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood oil (VEGAN)

on 8/30/2009 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Skin type: Oily in the T zone. Breakouts in the T zone. Redness inthe T Zone. Love the way it exfoliates. My skin looks so good after using this...sister thought ive been wearing foundation...and no i have not..i just have a nice glow after i use this. I use it everyother day becuase my skins needs the exfoliation and i like something that is not too gentle but not something that will rip my skin off. Love the way this feels after. Alot goes along way. After using it i use Lush Fresh Farmacy.

on 8/26/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This one didn't work for me. I can see why it would work for other people though. My skin is very sensitive and breaks out with the slightest thing. Dark Angels clogged my pores almost immediately, but made the rest of my skin look flawless and beautiful. Made my skin kinda oily as well. This will probably work for a lot of people, just not me :(

on 8/26/2009 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Very messy and inconvenient product. Also leaves dark residue in pores, so you have to wash it off extra hard. overall did not exfoliate better than many other scrubs on the market. Smells good though.

on 8/26/2009 1:39:00 PM

After reading the reviews here on MUA about this, I decided to pick myself up a sample of this stuff. I tried it last night and WOW... my skin feels soooooo soft after!!!! amazingly soft!! It also brightened up my face as well!! I've only used this once, so i'll see if i break out with continued use but right now, i would definitely pick some up! I find the smell ok, it is a bit difficult to work with... it falls all over the sink. I have tried to mix a couple drops of water in with it to form a paste. That works better :) I love lush products! i have "angels on bare skin" already...and im sure i'll be getting dark angels soon!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

If I had reviewed Dark Angels after the very first time I tried it, I would probably have given it just 3 stars, or maybe even less. I think I was using too much of it and not mixing with enough water so it felt goopy and ineffective. Plus I really do not like the packaging--it's basically solid chunks of the product stored in a clear plastic container. I had no idea what to even do with it when my order first arrived! But having used it several more times over the last few weeks, I've grown to really like Dark Angels. I have a lot of blackheads that leave my skin bumpy and totally gross. And I wanted a really serious scrub that could finally banish them. Plus my skin is just overall dull and needs brightening. Dark Angels has really done a good job on both fronts and I will probably repurchase it. I see a noticeable difference in the overall texture and smoothness of my skin. I use a tiny dollop, like the size of pinky nail, that I mix with a few drops of water and apply to my dry face and scrub pretty vigorously (my skin is not sensitive) and then rinse off really well. And voila! Smooth skin. The reason I won't give the product 5 stars is that I don't see why it can't come already "mixed" with water, in a neat little pot so that I could just dip my finger inside and apply the product to my face, like every other scrub. It would be less cumbersome that way and I would probably use it more. So, while I will buy it again because it works so well, I will be on the lookout for a scrub that works just as well, but comes in better packaging.

Edit:
Having used this product for several more days, I am downgrading it to three lippies. I just don't think the results are worth the efforts and the mess. I just started using a scrub today by Philosophy that is so much easier to use and delivers better/equal results. So, I will finish my tub of Dark Angels but will not repurchase and do not recommend. There are too many better scrubs and cleansers.

I've been using this product for about three weeks, and I love it. I was skeptical at first because I've never had much luck with cleansers, but ever since I've been using this my skin feels a lot softer and looks a lot more clear. I've been using it along with Aqua Marina/baby face and A Breath Of Fresh Air as a toner. Highly recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It is hard to not touch my face after using DA, as it makes my skin so soft and smooth. Once again, you only need a small amount when you are just using it as an exfoliator and cleanser (more if letting it dry as a mask, but less water). I love the darkness of it and the texture. I just rub it in (not too hard) and wash it off. I do need to use a toner afterwards to get the remaining off, but I just spray on the toner and wipe off. then I am set with my nice smooth skin.

Love this.

on 8/24/2009 3:06:00 AM

I wish I could I rate this a 12 for how much it has done for my skin! I have only been using it about 2 weeks, and my skin looks better than it has in probably 4 or 5 years (blackheads, large pores, hormonal and regular acne, extreme oil). I have tried every type of cleanser and nothing seemed to help, except DA. I use it at night after removing my makeup. As everyone has said, I take about the size of a pea in my hand and mix it with just 1-2 drops of water. To the people who have said that it all seems to just run down the drain and make a mess, I use WAY less water than I'll need--just enough to make it barely spreadable. Then I put a stripe on my cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead (kinda looks like warpaint :) ), and then I wet my fingers a few times and massage it over my face to spread it out. It never gets too wet or drips out of my hand. Every few days, I will let it dry on my face like a mask which helps a lot with extra-oily skin. It can be a little rough because it is so exfoliating, so I use the plain Dove beauty bar in the morning and also 2 nights a week for a little break. And I always(!) use a toner after because there are a few little specks that don't rinse off completely. (If your skin is sensitive, probably just use it less often and don't rub as hard.) Doing this, my blackheads are almost gone, and the ones that are there are at least half the size, and my skin looks smoother, brighter, and just healthier. It has also cut down the oil a lot. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has problems with acne, oily skin, blackheads, large pores, or uneven texture, especially since at most Lush stores you can get a sample that is large enough to use for at least a week. I have recommended it to all of my friends, and I will use this product forever :)

NOTE: I thought I should let you guys know that while DA has dramatically improved my skin, it has not completely gotten rid of breakouts caused by hormonal imbalance. DA has, however, made them a bit less swollen and inflamed and has cut the redness a ton. And sorry it's soo long, but I had to let everyone know just how wonderful this product is!

on 8/23/2009 9:57:00 AM

I started using this after I saw it advertised in a magazine. It said it was good for helping de-slick oily skin so I thought I'd give it a go! I bought it after I'd been on holiday and my skin was covered in huge pimples that were very painful.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and I am very impressed with it! I have been using it every other day and it hasn't aggrivated my skin even though its very exfoliating. My skin has cleared up a lot since I've been using it - infact the huge pimples have practically gone! Just a little red mark remains from one of them.

The smell.. isn't great. Neither is the mess it makes in the bathroom. But those are the only cons I can think of for it.

I'd definately buy this product again. I've even given some to my boyfriend to try and he seems to like it too!

on 8/22/2009 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I used to be a religious user of Herbalism, but I decided to give this a try. It doesn't smell as good, but it has other advantages! It is a super exfoliater, better than Herbalism, and leagues better than AOBS.
I won't even compare it to the various apricot scrubs out there. I find those way too irritating and harsh. This has finer particles that are gentler on your skin and leave it nice and soft. Without getting too gross here, I have some acne, and it helps to remove the dead layer of skin on top, making for a smoother application of concealer and less gross dry spots.
It's a bit messy, and I frequently find some black flecks along my hairline and sometimes other crevices likes ears or empty facial piercing holes after I get out of the shower. I attempted to use this in the sink once, but I just made a huge mess on myself, my bathroom, and my hair. I use a toner after I wash my face, and the cotton round is usually grey, but I think it's just small particles vs. staining.
Overall, this is the best Lush scrub I've used. A tub lasts me 3+ months, so it's not as expensive at it seems. I will be repurchasing this with enthusiasm.