November 28, 2014 | 1470 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

As per Cover Girl's website, this was replaced by

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2002 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Kemintiri

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the packaging is ok, nice size mirror but small sponge. It does a pretty good job at controlling oil but: this stuff is chalky and it's like it not pressed firmly enough, a light swipe and you get too much product on the sponge. Not only that, it made my face look muddy even though the color match was good. Wouldn't re-purchase. Too bad the price was right.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2002 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Calamity

Wow, Cover Girl sure sucks a lot less now compared to a few years back. I really like this product. Buff Beige is a perfect match for this olive MMM. Coverage is light - which is what I wanted, but if you need a lot of coverage then run, run away. The finish it leaves is this perfect polished-but-natural look, until my stupid skin gets oily after a few hours, but even then my face doesn't go all shiny, it just downgrades to a less polished finish. Now - *snatches a lipstick away* - the compact is absolutely fugly, and there's not much product in said fuglycompact either. But I'll repurchase anyway, cuz I'm a sucker like that.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2002 3:24:00 PM More reviews by noelle2328

I don't understand it when people say this is better than StudioFix...that's like comparing apples to oranges! This is a sheer to light coverage foundation that goes on pretty chalky, and to me, the color is flat (Classic Ivory). Even though it was a good match, it made my skin look dead. But StudioFix on the other hand gives way more coverage (medium to full) and goes on more smoothly, without the chalky appearance. Plus, StudioFix (C2) makes my skin glow. It won't hurt to try it, though, but I wouldn't recommend this if you want heavier coverage and great staying power. True, it's not that expensive, but there are reasons for that!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2002 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ThreeRabbits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a tan from my vacation so I wanted something cheap I can use for a couple months until my tan fades. I am actually surprised by the texture of this powder. When compare next to my MAC Studio Fix and Laura Mercier FP, it is slightly more pink (I have picked a "Creamy Natural" Shade), and it also has a sheen to it... Not sure if it will cause me to break-out yet... Usually takes a few days.

Biggest complain is the size of the sponge... It is too SMALL~~~

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2002 5:49:00 PM More reviews by AnnMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to start off by saying I'm a bit disappointed with this product after reading all of the rave reviews. This isn't as great as I thought it was going to be. For starters, I don't think they should advertise this as a "foundation". While it's a bit thicker than a regular compact powder, to call it a foundation is a bit misleading. I also didn't find that this controlled the oilies any better than other drugstore powders. Overall, too much hype, but not by any means a bad product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2002 6:35:00 PM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best powder foundation I have ever used. I don't need heavy coverage, and this works great. No oily breakthrough and the powder did not change color on my face. One caution: go for one shade lighter than you think you need.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2002 12:27:00 PM More reviews by FL_peach

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I kept eyeing this in the store, and after reading the reviews on here, I decided to give it a try. My skin is very oily and I live in humid S. Florida, so I am constantly fighting it. This stuff really is nice. A very silky powder that completely evens your skin and mattes it out. It doesn't keep oil away ALL day, but it does a very good job of controlling it. Overall, very nice powder foundation, I will purchase again. (I also like how the sponge compartment has holes in the bottom to help keep the bacteria from growing.)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2002 4:10:00 PM More reviews by SusanC0425

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to try this after all the raves. Well, I've been on the lookout for a no-foundation looking foundation, and I think I have found it. I honestly can't tell I have this foundation on in the rear view mirror, but my skin tone is evened out and matte. I agree with a previous reviewer that it goes on powdery at first, then as your skin oils mix in, it looks really nice. I wouldn't recommend it to dry skin ladies for that reason. It doesn't white me out, and doesn't seem to change color over the course of the day. I am a MAC NC35 and have Buff Beige, a really good match for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2002 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sabine

As someone already mentioned, I can't believe this is a Cover Girl product. Of drugstore makeup, CG has always been my least favorite but after all the raves, I just *had* to try it...and I love it! I think it really compares to my MAC studiofix...which lately, I'm thinking is slightly too heavy for everyday daytime look. I like using my CGFC for the everyday look when i just want to look like i have great skin...and then I put a little vaseline on my lips and I'm out the door. I say definitely try it out if you have normal-to-oily skin! UPDATE: jsut love this stuff. makes me look very non-made-up, which I love...definitely go get this...NOW, lol... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2002 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

Wow! This is great! I got Classic Ivory (MAC nc20) and it was a great match! It's *almost* too dark but I make it work. I apply it in the morning over foundation with a powder brush, and throughout the day if I need touchups I use the sponge (which to me is kind of difficult to use). But it really knocks out the shine and leaves me with a flawless finish!