January 29, 2015 | 2034 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yet another over-hyped product. I swapped for this after years of seeing it mentioned in magazines as one the best neutral colored nail polishes on the market. I've tried other Essie nail colors, and while I appreciate that they all go on streak free and have great shine, I don't like the sheerness of them - particularly Mademoiselle. I applied two heavy handed coats of Mademoiselle, and it still looks very blah on me. Maybe this looks better on someone with a warmer skin tone - I'm extremely fair and this color just gets lost next to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

a sheer & shiny light pink that is very clean looking. I normally do not like sheer polishes but I do like this one a whole lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Flitter

Very decent! Very pretty polish. This is very,very sheer! I had to layer about 4 to 5x on bare nails to get the look I wanted. However, it is very long lasting, and this color is slow to show chips. Very pretty wearable shade on my light cool toned skin. Builds up to a very very light pinkish nude, just like the bottle advertises, except it is prettier on nails because it has a nice shine. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by xxfreezepop

this is a pretty pale pink nail polish that looks very put together. this is my HG nail polish and my only complaint is the brush is too small. i wish essie made wider brushes like OPI because i prefer essie colors to OPI.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 2:57:00 AM More reviews by ParisXIII

I really like this. There is nothing special about it, its a super sheer baby pink, but it really adds to my clear or glitter topcoats.

I wear it under Chanel Pepite or Chanel Diamond for a natural looking mani. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by kcarr325

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's essie, so of course it's a great product - but the color is just to sheer for me. It looks perfect in the bottle, but I've never been satisfied with the way it looks on. Ballet slippers is much better for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 10:33:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great everyday neutral. it lasts long and is the perfect color on toes. this is my fave color and I've used it for 2 yrs.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Nikki_L

very pretty sheer pink. not milky at all and streak free! very smooth application over a base coat. wears well but is too cool-toned for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by JoanB

Please allow me to jump on the Madamoiselle bandwagon! This is a beautiful, creamy light pink that looks very natural on my nails. It's perfect for work, since we are not allowed to wear reds (boo!).

I usually use 2 coats, and I *always* get compliments. It's easy to use for this nail newbie and has almost zero streaking. My mani lasted 5 days, no problem. This will definitely be one of my staples!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by mellowyellow25

I love the natural and clean look of this polish on my toes and fingernails. My bf loves it too! It's easy to apply, but it does take awhile to dry if you're putting on more than 1 coat like i do. A perfect natural and fresh shade!!!