August 27, 2014 | 1728 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by emily_ibis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went into Mecca Cosmetica looking for some new eyeshadow and tried this primer while I was in there. I have a very embarrassing side effect from a medication I have to take, it causes excessive facial sweating (TMI I know) I had been told over and over that all I could do was use harsh antiperspirants or have surgery to relieve the side effects. I applied the primer and within 5 minutes my face was dry and felt smooth and silky, it remained more or less dry all day despite the heat and having to run after a small child.

I haven't given the product a long term test yet so I won't give it the highest rating, but based on the results I have had so far I am impressed and more than happy to pay the $79AUD for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Debaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first primer I ever used. Since I purchased the foundation also I wanted to test it with application on half my face only. I noticed that it made a noticeable difference in the coverage of the foundation- much smoother. Very silky consistency but after testing others on the back of my hand I notice they all have the same consistency. I will try a few others when I am finished with with this bottle to compare the results mainly because of the price. If I can find one that works as well and is cheaper I will switch.
The packaging is great- nice smooth pump that you can easily control- glass bottle. It lasts a long time too- about 6 months. You can't go wrong with the SPF in Hourglass foundation and primer- it also has good skincare ingredients, feeling good about putting it on my face after investing so much in other skincare treatments. As unsaid before- the only draw back is the $60 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by looovemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, looooove, love this primer.. i tried so many before and none worked like this one.. I tried LM oil free, smashbox photo finish, both YSL primers (sample size, enough to use at least 5 times), Lancome La Base Pro, etc... This one is hands down the best primer I ever used.. I applied my makeup at 7:30AM and right now it's 6PM and my make up is still perfect.. my face is not oily at all :))) I am very happy to find my HG primer!! The foundation that I used with all the primers is YSL teint resist!
It's a little pricey but oh well.. it will last forever ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jedi_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first face primer I have used. I have nothing else to compare it to.

I use about a pea size amount and dab it all over my face, then I blend it in. Its blends pretty fast. It disappears into my skin (quite literally I've not seen anything like it before). It DOES leave a slight white cast - and I have light olive/tan skin.

I have very oily skin and I actually find this product helps control the oil. At this point I am happy with it - but I am taking off one lippie because the price is ridiculous $60CAD. I will continue to test it and update this review accordingly.

Update: Some days I find this primer does a good job of holding onto my liquid foundation, other days I wonder why I bought it. Lately I've been using mineral foundation powders that literally do not require any primer (seriously, I can't believe it myself). So now that I am saving a step I don't think I'll return to the whole 'primer + foundation' routine ever again. I'm leaving this rating at 4 because this product is elegant in how it looks and feels, and it is low in toxic ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by mer0npan

I went into Mecca looking for a foundation and I came away with this primer as well. When the SA applied it to my face, it just felt so amazing. It was like silk being rubbed all over my face, which is very different to all the primer experiences I have ever had.

That being said, I do agree with the other comments that this primer looked a bit oily on closer inspection and left a white sheen on your face. However, my foundation covered that up no problem and it didn't actually _feel_ oily at all.

It's not a perfect product, but it feels soo amazing and it does a very fine job, so overall, I'm very content with it.

Note: Not a good idea for priming eyes. It's oily-ness didn't really help keep my liquid eyeliner in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by WorkinMom3Sons

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best primer by far to work with Hourglass Foundation. When I first bought Hourglass foundation, I was told I didnt need a primer due to it's formulation so I skipped that step for a while and I am sorry I did. The primer goes on smooth (little goes a long way) and it controls oily shine very well. It's expensive $52, but for me, worth it. I will buy it again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by artiastry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this product and one day decided to try it under my foundation. I'm not sure if the sample was enough to convince me to buy this product. There was a trace of white film left on my brown skin which made my face appear extremely ashy. It was also very runny. My foundation covered the ashy look but this product did not live up to it's expectations in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Raeoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AUSTRALIAN REVIEWER: I was given a large sample of this primer. The product doesn't really live up to expectations when it comes to more dry skin types or areas of the face with dry areas this primer makes the skin flakey and rough.

On normal/oily skin it is smooth and feels great on the skin, foundation applies over it well and the results are better. Not worth the pricetag though.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by madaket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I so wanted to love this. A primer with physical ss, sign me up. Unfortunately it just fell flat for me. It definitely has the tell-tale shiny white cast from the zinc oxide (and I'm pale to begin with, so the effect is very Morticia) and worst of all, it had zero oil control and my makeup (Laura Mercier Oil Free) was sliding off by noon. I honestly think my skin was oiler than if I had used nothing. It took two blotting sheets to soak it all up. When I went to blot my chin, the blotting sheet actually SLID OFF at first--that is how greasy my skin was. Gross but true.

Packaging is beautiful. Price is off the wall, considering the quality. I'm ready to give up on primers. My makeup looked and lasted better without them. I will probably use it up on my chest, just to get the sun protection. Obviously won't be repurchasing. Sooo disappointed. And a little POed, too, to be honest.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by aadonm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow is all I can say. This makes me look 5-10 years younger. Really keeps your make up on all day and skin looks beautiful. The ONLY thing is the price. However I will probably purchase this again. Its that good. I have never used a primer before so I have nothing to copare it to but this is amazing! Lovely cosistency, best 2 shake before use. I live in Australia so am obsessed with adding spf to my routine, this is a lovely way to do this. I wear EL maximum cover over this and then a tiny bit of strobe cream when i want to glow. The price is CRAZY though!