November 23, 2014 | 1228 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate primers, but I like this one. After sampling every primer I could get my hands on, I gave up it about a year ago. Everything had one or more of the following problems: balled up, didn't provide a better canvas for foundation than my own skin (i.e. was ineffective), felt greasy and thick, or stung. I'm happy to report that Hourglass's entry has none of these problems. It glides on beautifully and provides a smooth canvas for my foundation, extending its wear from about 6 hours to all day.

Kudos to Hourglass for providing a small, $17 size. I bought the small size thinking I wouldn't bother with primer except for special occasions, but was so pleased with how flawless my skin looked I started wearing it every day, which is how I came to notice that, toward the end of the day, this primer sinks into my pores (which aren't all that big), taking the foundation with it. The whole effect highlights my pores, making them look big. Not what I was going for. But if you intend to use this for shorter days or special occasions, you should be pleased with its wear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Feels nice, but is ridiculously expensive and doesn't do anything to improve the appearance or lasting power of my makeup. I agree that it feels really silky, but the pump dispenser "shoots out" too much product each time. It is nearly impossible to control it. I don't get the hype. I much prefer Amazing Cosmetics Anti-Aging Primer over this stuff. Good thing I only bought the sample sized bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer! It glides on smoothly and leaves your skin feeling so soft and silky. I did not notice a "white cast". I blend mine in evenly and love the added SPF. My only problem is the packaging the pump completely stopped working and I had to unscrew the top and remove product with a q-tip. I would prefer a squeeze tube. Then you can cut it open and get all the product out that you would normally miss (like with MAC's primer, the pkg is so wasteful.)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Tanyth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best primer I've tried, and I've tried 'em all! Lightweight, silky, doesn't feel synthetic - beautiful. The ultimate test came when I used it before my Estee Lauder Double Wear - this foundation used to break me out with every other primer - not this one! Magic. Take one mark off for price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

I love the finish of this. it really keeps my makeup fresh and it lasts for hours. The bottle is bad because it is glass and can break easily. you don't a lot of this product. a small amount goes a long way,

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by jessxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product! It is my favorite primer.. I've tried drug store brands and high-end brands and this one takes 1st place. It's smooth and non greasy, it glides on like moose. It creates a solid barrier between my makeup and my skin, and allows for a really even application of foundation and concealer. My makeup stays put throughout the day (12 hours usually) and it doesn't dry out my super sensitive skin. The only downfall is the price. I've had mine since February and use it daily, sometimes twice a day when I go out in the evening. You only need a little less than 1 pump of product to effectively cover your face so the bottle does last pretty long. I've had mine since Feb 2011 and I'm not even halfway done with it yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is really nice, it makes me feel soft and i can barely feel it on, unlike the primer I usually use, this is weightless.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by bittersweetjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This primer is so dreamy! I purchased it mainly to use as my daily sunscreen. I need an SPF that is lightweight and non-greasy for everyday wear, and let me tell you, they are hard to find when you have super-oily-yet-super-sensitive skin. This works beautifully. I had been using MAC's Prep + Prime SPF 55, and while I do still like that, I prefer the Hourglass primer because it just feels lighter on the skin. It's very fluid, very silky (without that heavy silicone feel), and virtually imperceptible on the skin. Since I got this to use primarily as a sunscreen, the foundation priming part is secondary to me. That said, I do find that it extends the wear of my foundation and seems to keep it from sliding around on my face throughout the day. I do think it's ridiculously overpriced, but I am willing to shell out the big bucks because I like it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used a sample of this over two days after Clinique DDML and before Pur Minerals 4-in-1. It was a hit!!
Pros: glides on smooth, foundation applies so easily and evenly, mattifies instantly, controls oil throughout the day, HOLDS makeup in place (lasted through an entire day of cheer practice) but still allows the natural glow of minerals to come through. No blemishes or reactions resulted at all.
Cons: Nothing bad to say here aside from the price of over $50 (but I'd still pay it!) And I'd have to order it online so it's not readily available unfortunately.
If you're a mineral makeup user, this product is a must-have! I'm adding it to my next Sephora order :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

OMFG. If there was a primer I would be buried with, it would be this. This is unlike anything else I have ever used, its truly a veil, very light and glides over your face. Foundation looks fantastic and a tiny amount is all you need. I used to have a lot of primers but all you need is this and a silicone based one (I use GA Face Fabric). This is best used with a foundation that needs more slip and is also great with powder or mineral foundation. Costs a bomb and the sunscreen settles quickly so you need to shake it with each use. The only improvement I could see is for it to come in an opaque squeeze tube with a shaker inside, which would prolong the life and mix it better than what it does now with the pump design. Great for all skin types and absorbs oil well. This is better than anything GA or LM has to offer. It is not very often that I have my socks knocked off with a product, this is so good that I cant even find my socks!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No