April 16, 2014 | 1942 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by PanPan70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this from Sephora. I'm not crazy about it but I think that it might work for some people. It has zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as the sunscreen which is great and it's micronized so that you get a little brightening instead of an obvious white cast. But it felt very oily going on and left my oily skin feeling sticky even hours later which I didn't like. I wonder if I might like this better without a moisturizer/sunscreen underneath. I really wanted to like it because it's great as a sunscreen. I think people who have drier skin than me that are looking for a silicone primer with sunscreen might like this a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by luvnewstuff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I too was recently introduced to this product via Sephora sample. I also purchased the full sized product within 3 days. For those of us with oily skins this is truly a life changing product! I use only one pump across the t zone and no more blotting......it works wonderfully under my mineral loose powder foundation. I haven't had any issues with a whitish cast.....this stuff is fantastic. Yes, it is expensive but when you consider that you don't need to purchase blotting papers anymore and you don't have to constantly check your face for shine it is well worth the price. Can't say enough good things about this product, I only wish it had been available 20 years ago!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, this primer is waaaaaaaay expensive, BUT I do like it. I didn't like Shiseido SPF 55 because it didn't help keep my oilies away. I tried a sample of the Hourglass primer and I am very impressed with it's mattifying power. I used it under my mineral makeup and have to say I am quite happy. I don't know that I would spend $52 on this, but it does work, so maybe I can find it in a swap. I didn't notice any white cast, but I am pretty pale to begin with. My makeup stayed fresh for 12 + hours with this primer. I blotted only once. Great primer that is too expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for. One lippie off because it's so freaking expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by drpsyc

Great primer; thinner consistency then BE primer. have not noticed any whitening as others describe, but I always stay out of the sun so maybe that is why I do not see this effect. I like the primer enough to buy again, especially to use with the hourglass TM. If I use BE minerals, the the BE primer seems to be better though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by tiffanyck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i dnt have enough words to praise this great primer..my face is not oily but when i wear foudation with other primers dunno y it gets so greasy n after an hr foundation oxidizes..but this primer helps my foundation stay fresh all day.i have other HE primers but nothing compares to this one..as its mineral primer i wear it with my air brush make up(luminess air brush) it works great!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Pansori

This product didn't work for me. The lady at Sephora really talked it up, but fortunately I walked out with just a sample. The problem I believe is the zinc oxide.
I bought the green HD Primer made by Make Up Forever and had this sample. The first day I tried greenie, and hubby complimented my foundation.
Next day I used HG, and as soon as he saw me he made a remark that I looked like a ghost. I believe the zinc oxide over mattifies my face. I like the matte look, but I need just a little gloss. I walked around for a couple of hours, hoping it would set better, but didn't.
I ended up removing my makeup and going back to the Make Up forever. Much better!!! So while this product may work for some, it really wasn't made for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by skelly123

I took away 1 lippie for the cost of this product, but otherwise, hands down, THE BEST PRIMER EVER! I have pale skin and it leaves no white residue on my skin like others have stated. I used to look like an oil slick by 1:00 but now, it's amazing. I use mineral makeup so to have a mineral primer is fabulous. I really love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is so expensive, but is worth every penny. I will repurchase FOREVER! The texture is so airy and silky, and keeps my foundation looking fresh all day! Unfortunately, my makeup-routine has tripled in price, but if I'm going to splurge, I should do it the right way. I recommend completely!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by traveller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hi! first time I've used a primer and I find this product very effective. No white cast at all and I have medium olive skin. I love how this feels on my skin..very smooth and silky. will re purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

This is a fantastic find...yes very expensive but a great find!! I have sensitive combo acne prone skin. That being said I have tried several primers which are usually too thick and greasy cause more oilies than they actually control, and cause major clogged pores due to the heacy silicones. This primer does have silicones but leaves skin silky smooth ready to grab and smooth any foundation applied over it. I am allergic to chemical ss and this primer has a combo of titanium and zinc as a physical ss this has an added benefit for me, as I prefer a foundation without ss but i need physical sun protection. This is a runny white liquid that once applied gives a slightly brightnening effect, NO geisha face though...Im an NC40 for reference. This comes in a frosted glass bottle with brown chrome pump. at about $50 for 1oz this is really expensive but this should last a while since you need only one pump for the entire face. LOVE LOVE LOVE this a must try

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No