December 18, 2014 | 1297 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by theanginator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my third or fourth bottle of this and I most definitely give it a high ranking. It does a fantastic job at keeping my foundation in place throughout the day, evens out the appearance of my pores, keeps me less oily, and has an SPF to boot. I hate that it is so costly but I have never come across another primer that even remotely comes close to what this one does. I've tried my foundation without it just to see what happens and I have to say, this stuff really makes my makeup look better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by mikahsteele

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I obtained a sample of this from Sephora. I was satisfied with the way it seemed to reduce my pores prior to applying the Hourglass foundation. After applying it, I used my go to MAC concealer and it caked up under my eyes, that has never happened before. I removed it with a makeup wipe and instead used my Benefit Primer. I can't imagine using this product in the future based on this, in combination with the cost.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ari496

God this was so expensive! I bought the trial size 10 mL and it was $17! Thats crazy. The full size is over $50! I expected this to minimize the appearance of my pores, and make my skin look flawless. but it didnt. Its good to put under foundation, but I expect my primer to do more than that, especially since I dont even wear foundation! I def wont buy this again, and I dont recommend it unless you already have great skin and for some reason still want to wear foundation. It just doesnt look good on its own. It leaves a very strange shiny, white cast.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the way this product made my skin look until it started causing breakouts. My skin is very sensitive and I think it was the silicone in it that caused the reaction. For someone who does not have an issue with silicone, this is a lovely primer. Feels greasy when you first apply it but it sinks in and then it does blur imperfections. I will no repurchase and have actually thrown out my bottle as it was too late for me to return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate primers, but I like this one. After sampling every primer I could get my hands on, I gave up it about a year ago. Everything had one or more of the following problems: balled up, didn't provide a better canvas for foundation than my own skin (i.e. was ineffective), felt greasy and thick, or stung. I'm happy to report that Hourglass's entry has none of these problems. It glides on beautifully and provides a smooth canvas for my foundation, extending its wear from about 6 hours to all day.

Kudos to Hourglass for providing a small, $17 size. I bought the small size thinking I wouldn't bother with primer except for special occasions, but was so pleased with how flawless my skin looked I started wearing it every day, which is how I came to notice that, toward the end of the day, this primer sinks into my pores (which aren't all that big), taking the foundation with it. The whole effect highlights my pores, making them look big. Not what I was going for. But if you intend to use this for shorter days or special occasions, you should be pleased with its wear.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Feels nice, but is ridiculously expensive and doesn't do anything to improve the appearance or lasting power of my makeup. I agree that it feels really silky, but the pump dispenser "shoots out" too much product each time. It is nearly impossible to control it. I don't get the hype. I much prefer Amazing Cosmetics Anti-Aging Primer over this stuff. Good thing I only bought the sample sized bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer! It glides on smoothly and leaves your skin feeling so soft and silky. I did not notice a "white cast". I blend mine in evenly and love the added SPF. My only problem is the packaging the pump completely stopped working and I had to unscrew the top and remove product with a q-tip. I would prefer a squeeze tube. Then you can cut it open and get all the product out that you would normally miss (like with MAC's primer, the pkg is so wasteful.)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Tanyth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best primer I've tried, and I've tried 'em all! Lightweight, silky, doesn't feel synthetic - beautiful. The ultimate test came when I used it before my Estee Lauder Double Wear - this foundation used to break me out with every other primer - not this one! Magic. Take one mark off for price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

I love the finish of this. it really keeps my makeup fresh and it lasts for hours. The bottle is bad because it is glass and can break easily. you don't a lot of this product. a small amount goes a long way,

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by jessxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product! It is my favorite primer.. I've tried drug store brands and high-end brands and this one takes 1st place. It's smooth and non greasy, it glides on like moose. It creates a solid barrier between my makeup and my skin, and allows for a really even application of foundation and concealer. My makeup stays put throughout the day (12 hours usually) and it doesn't dry out my super sensitive skin. The only downfall is the price. I've had mine since February and use it daily, sometimes twice a day when I go out in the evening. You only need a little less than 1 pump of product to effectively cover your face so the bottle does last pretty long. I've had mine since Feb 2011 and I'm not even halfway done with it yet.