Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I looked high and low for an ashy colored taupe powder for my brown brows and this was one of the few products that delivered that color; everything else I tried on my hand or on my brows was too warm or auburn. So kudos to Anastasia for truly fitting colors. Compact is very pretty but I would have preferred a bigger well and not a split pan but rather two wells of the colors cause I find it a little difficult to load my brush with just the one color. The other color(darker one) is ok for defining the edges of the brow but otherwise useless to me. The taupe is slightly greenish in the pan so I had some trepidation about the color being right but it works well. I will probably repurchase because the one color is great but since I don't like the pan set-up I'm deducting a lipstick.

* I bought Golden Blonde Brow Powder Duo -- I have very fair skin and light blonde hair

+ Adds natural color and shape to brows
+ 2 colors for adding definition to certain areas (like the arch)
+ can be applied lighter or darker
* Best when used with angled brush
* I have better success when using a brow stencil

I got Medium ash for my dark brown brows. I have light brown hair, and a lot of colors just add red to my brows, or make them even darker. I need them filled in. This powder does a great job at that. It looks natural and lasts. I would have liked this to come with a bit of wax, but right now I'll settle for using some Ardell Lash/ brow accelerator over it. Even though it works well, I don't think I'd buy this again. It's expensive for a brow product. My real gripe is with the compact. It is a bit annoying to flip open. Several times now I have opened the little clasp only to have my thumbnail slip and land in the powder. Dents and chunks missing from my powder, lots of wasted product, and a big brown smudge underneath my nail to scrub off. Sure, I could be more careful, but I'm half comatose when I'm doing my makeup in the morning. This is annoying enough for me not to repurchase.

I got the BRUNETTE duo since I have black hair, and it took me some time to figure how to best apply it without it looking too dark but it worked out well. Looks natural and stays put throughout the day unlike pencil brows I used to use. I would definitely buy again... considering if I should buy a shade lighter, though. Definitely recommended!

I love this! Great powder that looks so natural. Easy to use and stays put. I recommend this to anyone.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

After years of using brow gels and pomanders, I decided I needed a softer look for my brows. The Anastasia Powder Duo in Golden Blonde is perfect for me. I glide my brush across the two shades to combine them, and the powder goes on quickly and smoothly, without ever appearing too dark. This product makes brow coloring quick and easy for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product so much!!! IO have been using it for over 2 years and find I only need to buy it every 8-12 months. It's the best powder b/c the color is so perfect for my blond hair and medium complexion. the best part is the double color. I use the ligter color to fill in and the darker color on the bottom of my brows for definition. My brow girl at Anastacia showed me how to do this. I have used so many other products, but am a die hard for only this one. Th epackaging is pretty but be careful not to drop-not very forgiving. I love it and hope you love it too!

I havent found a better brow powder but I have a suspicion that there is something better out there. However, I am surprised how well this powder works. I have the worlds worst eye brows. No Joke. They are so overplucked its almost impossible for me to not look like an idiot everyday. Also, I have natural blonde hair and fair skin yet my eye brows are black. Not dark brown, black. This only adds to my brow troubles. This brow powder has helped me to lighten the boldness of my brows somewhat yet still fill them in and thicken them without ending up with two toned brows. I can use the lightest color in the ash blonde duo for fill ins and the darker color to add some length and thickness to my brows. Its working out pretty well. Much better than the old pencil I was using. I still havent been able to totally tame my brows and get a look I am 100% happy with but I am on the look out for a better product. Like I said, I have yet to find one.

The brow powder on whatshebuys.com is the exact same one at sephora.. not larger like a reviewer before commented. I think they changed it. I really like this brow powder. It stays on very well and has a very natural color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is, by far, the best product I've found for making my brows look natural, but perfect.

I have this in medium ash, ... If I want it to be undetectable that I've used anything to perfect my brows, I use the light shade alone. For more definition I tend to use both shades. (I like to use the dark shade to subtly fill gaps, and the lighter shade to make my brows look more full.) When I'm creating a more dramatic look, especially if I'm applying darker eye makeup, or if I'm doing a 'brow' look, I'll use more of the darker shade to really tie the makeup together.

This brow powder doesn't smudge, migrate, or fade through the day. I have paranoia about getting smudged brows (how embarrassing!) but that just doesn't happen with this powder. It's not even necessary to use a wax or brow gel to lock it in, the color stays put on its own.

I definitely suggest going somewhere and trying this product to make sure it works well for you, and you're choosing the right color before buying. It sounds like a number of the less-than-stellar reviews on here were caused by picking the wrong color. (Or possibly not having a good color match?)

You'll need a brush for application; I use Anastasia's double-ended brush - it has an angled natural hair brush on one end for applying the powder, and a spooley thing on the other side for brushing your brows into shape/brushing the powder through once applied. This brush is great, but it's not necessary to buy Anastasia's brush for perfect application of this product, - any basically equivalent brush should do the job :)
(I prefer natural hair, a little on the stiff side, not scratchy.)

It's a high price tag, but one of these little compacts will last you quite a while, even if you use it every day.

UPDATE: 2012
I'm still loving this brow powder, and I can confirm that there's plenty of product - it just lasts and lasts. An extra note for anyone looking for a more precise application, or to fill a sparse area: try using a thinner brow brush, and wet/dampen the brush before picking up the powder. You can use quick, short, light movements to sort of draw tiny lines for a natural look.

Popular Brows Products