Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

4.6

on 9/17/2007 2:05:00 PM

The packaging is cute, I love the pallette. This color works very well with my eyebrows. (medium ash) It looks sooo much better with it! My friends tell me my eyebrows look very shaped and natural looking. It doesn't seem like I enhance it with brow powder, which is true. Unlike brow pencils, the powder really blends in with the existing hairs on your brows and it really makes it shaped. I would totally buy this product again!

on 9/14/2007 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I am quite impressed with this brow powder. I'm a big fan of Benefit Brow Zings and the Anastasia is on the same level! The difference is that Anastasia brow powder is softer and more natural than Benefit. I can do without the wax since I'm using Anastasia's clear brow gel-which is amazing might I add-and I am extremely pleased with the results. I bought the shade "Brunette" and I found it to have no red tones to it, which is good because it really matches my brown/black hair perfectly. I couldn't recommend this stuff enough! I will definitely repurchase!

*UPDATE 12/24/07* I think this is looking too gray on me. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this.

on 9/13/2007 7:43:00 PM

Brunette is the closest match for me, but it's a little too dark. It's also much more ahsy that I would prefer. The packaging cute and it lasts a good long while, but I think other powders I've tried blend more easily, have a more natural look and have a better color selection that's not so ashy. I love Laura Mercier's duo brow poweder in dark blonde.

on 5/7/2007 12:45:00 PM

This is by far the best brow powder I've ever used. I tried the Tarte Toolbox, and the powder was way too hard and ended up cracking. This Anastasia Brow Powder goes on so smooth and evenly, it makes my sparse brows look full and natural! Would definitely buy again.

on 4/14/2007 7:04:00 AM

i just got this one a while ago in ash blonde. i love the fact that there are two colors so i can use the darker one at night or i just usually mix both of them. looks really natural lasts a pretty long time too
the best brow powder i have found so far plus the packaging is very chic

This powder is so great! It is so subtle and allows my brows to be enhanced the whole day through! I love the little compact and i love the mirror too! I swipe the angle brush over the lighter color then over the darker color, nice and lightly. Since I need so little product this may last me a long time and i won't mind repurchasing. I love this so much but i hate the price. Fantastic, overall!

on 3/2/2007 6:00:00 PM

I dye my hair dark auburn, but my eyebrows are light ash brown and sparse. This worked when I was blonde, but I couldn't find a product for redheads anywhere. I had my brows done at an Anastasia salon inside a Sephora, and they used the Strawburn brow powder on me there. Wow! Perfectly defined eyebrows that match my hair. You can tell a major difference in photos, too. I apply it with a slant-tipped brush and set it with an mascara wand dipped in hairspray. I will definitely buy this again, but I don't think I'm running out of it any time soon - you get a lot for your money.

on 2/11/2007 12:11:00 PM

Anastasia brow powders are very pigmented; if you're uncertain which color to order, go lighter. I had great success with the Medium Ash pencil, so I picked up some Medium Ash powder. Big mistake: even the lighter shade goes on much, much darker than the pencil. So I upgraded to Ash Blonde, and use the LIGHTER of the two colors--that's how pigmented they are (my hair is light brown and my brows are dark blonde). What I like best about these powders is that they stay put. MAC's brow powders creep on my oily skin, so I end the day looking like an impressionist applied my brows. Anastasia powders don't creep. They also make fantastic eye shadows. I've been able to salvage the Medium Ash duo and the darker of the two Ash Blonde shades by using them as crease colors.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a review for Anastasia Powder Duo for brows and the shade I am reviewing is Brunette. First I want to comment on the quality of pigmentation; it is so finely milled and contains a small amount of oil to allow for it to say on the brow. I am ppp/pink undertones, NC15 and have tried "brunette" shades from many lines; this particular one is completely gorgeous and elegant. It seems from my eye it is a neurtral, not warm nor cool or maybe a tad warm and with a slight grey to it. As I said, I am ppp/pink and color my hair a very dark red burgundy and Anastasias' Brunette duo gives a balance between all the contrasts of my look. It pulls together my porcelain skin and dark burgundy hair perfectly. As I stated above, this "brunette" is not those dark, dark, dark shades that seem to apply so often. Just a beautiful neutral (somewhat warm) with an interesting little hint of that grey. Fabulous.

on 11/27/2006 3:32:00 PM

The Brunette color stayed on well but made my brows appear a bit green. The brown color was too ruddy for me. The brow pomade went on easily & had good staying power but the color seemed off. It is a good product though. I took it back to Sephora & exchanged it for the Makeup For Ever waterproof eyebrow corrector in brunette, which I prefer to all other brow products I tried.

Popular Brows Products