April 17, 2014 | 1870 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2003 7:05:00 AM More reviews by crazykatgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is ho-hum, but the product itself is wonderful!
A smooth, and yes, silky feeling powder with a soft, feminine, sexy scent. Almost cooling to the touch. Lovely feeling due to the bits of cocoa butter.
First body powder I've come across that I will definitely add to my list of cosmetic/hygiene staples, which is saying a lot, as I've never been a "powder person."

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2003 11:36:00 AM More reviews by LINDAPETTAI

I received the older formula Silky Underwear and the newer one.. the old one smells more like gardenias or flowers wheras the new one smells just dreamy.. jasminy and vanilla.. mmmm kinda hard to put on but I just got a big powder and I fluff away.. I love this and will definately buy again when my 2 cans run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2003 12:29:00 PM More reviews by gilliegaloo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Delicious scent. my fiance loves this - it's one of the only things he comments on. This powder is lovely for the any time of year, and I love it in the summer when i want to feel fresh but enjoy a soft, warm fragrance rather than something sharper or fresher. The container sucks rocks, yea verily - a small drawback. Why make your own powder when this stuff is so divine?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2003 3:25:00 AM More reviews by liltoonie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the scent and feeling after using this, annoying to apply so I bought Quo body powder sponge which makes it ten times easier. I do feel silky but I might dump all this powder into a tupperware container!! This isnt a "for your health, really must have this" thing because lets face it, its not vital like lotion or deoderant! lol but lets face it, neither is makeup :o:o WHO SAID THAT!? lol its a great scent, a great feeling I would easily just buy the perfume if they make it and skip the powder though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2003 4:56:00 AM More reviews by BerryDelicious

I have recently discovered powder the joy of powder thanks to LUSH!
I adore the smell of Silky Underwear. Jasmine, Vanilla and Gardenia and something else that is just so lovely. And the texture is gorgeous: fine and soft feeling.

It's not uncomfortably drying, I guess because of the cocoa butter bits, but it's drying enough to keep those areas that can get a bit uncomfortable comfortable when things heat up a bit. Great if you've rushed home then have to go out again, but don't have time for a shower, helps you to refresh yourself quickly!

As for the packaging, not good...this stuff goes everywhere. I can shake it out without even opening it! That doesn't bother me though, I just shake it in the general direction of my body, then gently smooth it on.

I'm not sure how the little cocoa butter bits are meant to come out though, maybe they do mix in with the powder somehow, but I poked my finger into the container and I could feel them. I may be finding a few leftover little bits in the bottom when it's finished! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2003 6:05:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can't believe I haven't written a review for this! Silky Underwear is simply heavenly, and more than just for your underwear - I love the blend of florals that makes me feel oh so feminine and sexy. As someone who has been working in an office for a few years, I actually like the fact that it isn't shimmery...a little more professional looking I think. Packaging is a bit crappy, yes, but I've learned to use a brush to dip into the powder and dust myself with the brush. Love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2003 12:22:00 PM More reviews by pixy_styx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this powder in a swap & I was a tad dissapointed. The fragrance was nice, but I thought it was going to be stronger. I also didn't see any of the cocoa butter clumps everyone was raving about. It is overall a nice powder, it does feel nice. I guess I was just expecting too much out of it. Way over-hyped!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2003 2:27:00 PM More reviews by hollywood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved the smell of this powder, but I didn't love the packaging. Not great for keeping out the moisture in the bathroom. So, it did get a little clumpy over time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2003 8:58:00 AM More reviews by akane

Smells divine - mix of jasmine and vanilla to me. Great staying power and leaves my skin so soft due to cocoa butter in it. It's a fantastic product with BAD packaging. They really need to change the packaging!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2003 8:34:00 PM More reviews by chaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging, simply put, sucks. This powder WILL get everywhere, on everything, and if you're not careful, in every available orifice. It does smell wonderful, however. And it feels rather silky going on, but it's nothing to write home about. There are supposed to be bits of cocoa butter in it. The question is...where? The elusive bits of cocoa can be found, but only after much vigorous shaking because they all sink to the bottom. And even after all that effort, you'll be lucky to get even a couple out. So there you have it: nice, yes. But all in all, not highly impressive for the price.