July 28, 2014 | 1428 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 7:16:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the MSF Naturals! I have so many of these that I've changed colors with over the years (Deep Dark, Medium Deep, Medium Dark) and finally have settled onto Medium Plus. This color matches my NC25 skin perfectly and always has nice sheer to medium coverage. I do like how this powder has buildable coverage so depending on how good or bad my skin looks, I can just buff it on with my MAC 180 brush.
I do suggest using a kabuki style brush with this type of powder. For the longest time, I only used my MAC 181se brush but because the head is too small, I felt like some areas had more powders than others. The MAC 180 is perfect with the MSFs.
It always gives me a nice glow as well without looking too overdone. A very nice alternative to Studio Fix Fluid when I'm in a hurry and need to get out the door.
I did take one lipstick off because it's a bit pricey but it does last a very long time! I have to hit the pan on any of these powders and some I've had since they came out a few years ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by chocokissez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried out MAC studio fix foundation, and it works pretty well, good coverage, however, i always feel that its going to break me out one day, and i heard it clogs pores. So i decided to use their mineralizing prodect as my foundation and it works PERFECTLY...so far anyways,, ;] I don't like wearing alot of makeup, but It has a sheer/light coverage and it looks like I'm not wearing any makeup. And because its a mineralizing formula, i don't have to worry about my skin breaking out. This power is perfect for people who have pretty clear skin already but just want their skin to be more evened out. Hopefully I'll keep liking it, haha I'll update if there is any changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by xmizlynnax

I have no idea how I ever lived without this product before. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I am NC35/NC32 and this is the perfect shade MSF for me. I used to use it set my liquid foundation. It gives a great natural finish and my skin FEELS amazing (not like makeup, like.. a better skin). This is sheer but IMO can be used as a light coverage foundation. I dab on some concealer and apply it with a 116 brush and it looks flawless. I usually just use this if I'm going to the gym or feeling too lazy to apply foundation. I use it over tinted moisturizer as well and it's fabulous. It's so natural. I have oily skin and it does not exacerbate my oiliness. It actually keeps it matte for longer. It gives me a nice natural 'glow' that is almost impossible for me to find with any product since I get so oily so quick. I have not broken out from it and I highly recommend this product. It is my new must have STAPLE in my makeup collection. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 4:05:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. It is a very good powder that you can use alone or over foundation. Gives a nice smooth natural finish. It is buildable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

I've used many different brands of mineral makeup, from Bare Escentuals, Everyday Minerals, Alima Cosmetics, drugstore brands, etc. and I've found that this one is the most superior to all of them.

First off, let me say that I love the fact that this comes in a pressed form, the only other thing they could do to further improve the packaging would be to put a mirror on it as well. It comes in so handy since I travel quite a bit and I hate having to worry about loose powder spillage.

Second, this product is very finely milled so I can really chose what kind of coverage I want while still being able to have a very natural but airbrushed look. I've never had this product become cakey, even as a finishing powder over the MSF liquid, and for the drier months just an extra spray of Fix+ when I'm finished with application solves that. What I like to do is apply moisturizer, spray Fix+, brush on the MSFN using my EDM Flat Top brush, and then spray one to two sprays of Fix+ to finish.

I understand that $25.00 can be a lot for a powder, but this can be used not only as a foundation but also as a finishing powder, and it lasts a long time. I highly recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a great powder, it has low coverage but it is buildable which is pretty good, I used to use medium dark in this but it i've since changed from my tone a little bit, I like this because its very natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by i2ismartazzi2i

I read and watched a lot of reviews for this product, so I decided to get it. Another plus is that I love mineral makeup but I hate the loose powder ones. So when I found that it was a packed mineral makeup, I was all over it. I was surprised I was a medium plus, but the makeup artist chose that color and its a perfect match. My skin feels great with this, and it doesn't break me out. The coverage is light, but when I use my everyday minerals flat top brush with it, the coverage is amazing. I have bad acne scars and with concealer and jsut the powder, I could the achieve the look I wanted. I highly recommend this product,and it looks amazing over liquid foundation. I can't wait to try the rest of the mineralize finish line from MAC

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by canadaustralia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder!
If you generally don't like to wear foundation, this is for you. It's great build-able coverage for those days when you need it. Looks like I am wearing nothing- just a smooth even face... amazing!
I use mac 150 brush... I'll try using the kabuki brush when I need more coverage.
I used to use the studio fix powder... but not anymore.
love love love

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by coolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am C5 Face&Body, NC42 StudioFixPowder and I bought this after I had purchased the Medium Dark. The MAC MUA had used the Medium Dark to set my C5 Face&Body Foundation and it initially looked good and I bought it. Then I realized it turned orange on me only a few hours later. Not a bad orange, but definitely darker than my natural coloring. I went back and asked for a lighter shade, the MUA said - no way- but against her own advice tried the Medium Plus on me and it was not too light. It turned out to be the perfect shade for me- especially for winter. I have held on to the Medium Dark -for summer I will mix the 2 shades before applying or will eventually just use the Medium Dark when I am tanned. With or without foundation, this powder makes my combination skin look pretty good.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by xsweet

I really like this product.
I use this also for my foundation Or to fix my liquid foudation.
It totally worth the price.
Its just a little bit expensive 33$CDN
i do recommend this product! :)