4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 1/30/2011 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This oil has became a staple in my hair regime. it keeps my hair very soft. i have 4a/b hair type and this is the only thing i put on my scalp it promote grows, it adds shine and just cheap and great. i use the black jamiacan lavender because castrol oil ahs a scent i heard of but never smelt. it also used for eye lashes

on 1/23/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using castor oil for about two months as an eyelash treatment - I emptied and cleaned a cheap mascara container, then filled it up with the oil. I apply it every night before I go to bed, I use a fairly generous amount to coat all my lashes.
After the first month, I noticed my lashes were longer, especially my lower lashes. I saw an extra line of lashes grow in, so my lash line is fuller in general. I haven't been as diligent about applying the oil lately, but my lashes still look good because obviously they won't fall out if you stop or anything. I'd imagine castor oil would work for eyebrows as well, but mine are thick enough on their own.
I'd recommend castor oil as a lash treatment to anyone looking for a fuller, longer lash line. It takes a some time to see lashes grow, like any other hair, but I think the results are worth it.

on 1/19/2011 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

There's a difference between the one that you buy at the drug store and Whole Foods version. The drug store brand smells stronger. The Jamaican version also smells smokier and stronger. The Whole Foods brand has a really mild scent to it but they all work the same and it's a really cheap natural product.
I use it straight at night all over my face and in the day mix a drop with a lot of Cetaphil for my body and Palmers Cocoa Butter for my face. It really moisturizes, prevents wrinkles and it also has anti bacterial properties. Look it up on the web to see the full benefits. Apparently they even used to use castor oil in Ancient Egypt!!
I use 2 parts castor oil mixed with 1 part pure coconut oil, 2 parts olive oil and 1 part pure shea butter on my hair after I wash/condition it. It eliminates the need for hair serum, moisturizer, or straightening cream and the castor oil mix makes the flat iron go smoothly through my hair and makes it straighter than anythng else I've ever tried.

on 1/6/2011 2:37:00 PM

Wow! Great stuff. Haven't had any breakout issues. Personally, I use it as a bath oil 1x/week - 2 Tbs. oil, 20/30 min. My legs, which are usually a dry, flaky, ichy mess this time of year, look completely normal, and this is with only the baths - no xtra lotion/oil at all. I do use a lot just to make sure, so you may want to start out with less and work up - YMMV. After reading the reviews, I also started using a drop on my lashes before bed, and after a week or so, I can't believe how much better they look! The bottom ones are much longer & darker, and what was a bare spot now has 4-5 new lashes. Don't see that much of a difference in the uppers yet, but they feel much softer and seem stronger - they don't fall out when I take off my mascara at night anymore. My brows don't need any help in the growth dept., so I don't put oil there. :-) Definitely give it a whirl if you're on the fence - for the price, you can't beat it if it works.

on 11/16/2010 1:27:00 AM

Didn't do anything for my eyelashes but they're already pretty much excellent to me,
however!
When half my eyebrow went missing this was my go-to cure and it feels nice on the hair :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

In my attempt to go natural in my beauty/ grooming routine I came across Castor oil. Originally wanting to use it with a horn comb for scritching/ scalp massage, I found it too thick. It's much better cut with another oil. (To wash it out, use conditioner first, then shampoo.) Where it really shines is as a lash treatment. I put it in a clean mascara tube and apply it at night. After about a month I began seeing results! I actually had a second line of lashes sprout beneath the first. My lashes are thicker and darker now. The light ends have blended away and I don't need to wear mascara unless I want something more dramatic. If you are a die hard mascara wearer, try using this as a treatment. It's cheap, and if it doesn't work for you it can be re purposed into many other treatments.

on 10/9/2010 5:47:00 AM

I was pretty sceptical about this product, but decided to apply it to see if it actually did anything to my slightly overplucked brows. And it DID! After about two weeks I again to see small hairs growing in again. I have to be honest in saying that my brows are not back to their teenage state, but there has been regrowth, so much so that I have to groom them again, something I thought I'd never be able to do again. I have also used it on my head and my hair seems softer and fuller. You have ti try it. I will never be without it now.

on 10/6/2010 12:43:00 PM

I've used castor oil for hair and lashes

Use for Hair: i've used this product for hair growth, but I must admit not regularly.Haven't seen any significantly speedy growth, but i've used on my hair, and It's helped my damaged hair become softer and shinier. So good product, but hasn't helped growth.

Use for lashes: FANTASTIC! My lashes are significantly longer, darker (i'm blonde, my lashes are kind of short and invisible!), I can definitely see a difference when I wear mascara.
All in all a good sturdy product, relatively inexpensive: i payed 4.50euros for a 100ml bottle.
Will I buy again? Of course!

on 10/5/2010 12:03:00 PM

Love it. Been using it to do a variation of OCM and on my eyelashes. I've seen results in only a month. I also use this for hot packs for my boyfriend's back and arm strains. Everyone should have a bottle of CO around.

on 10/4/2010 6:23:00 AM

I wanted so badly to try this product for all of the mentioned benefits. After the second day of use, I had an allergic reaction around my eyes. I woke up and could barely open them. I looked in the mirror and the skin around my eyes were very swollen and red and itched horribly. I really wanted to reap the many benefits that others had experienced. I have very sensitive skin, but I thought that I would be safe with a natural oil.

Popular Brows Products