October 21, 2014 | 1742 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by JanM

Believe the hype! This product has actually worked on my fine fair wimpy eyelashes.

I bought this for its OCM properties, but I can't really get with that method of cleansing- it's the oil running down my arms that I don't like.

So what to do with 100mls of CO? I started to brush this into my eyelashes and eyebrows with a clean mascara wand every night 1 month ago (I just pour a little into my hand and squish the wand in the oil, apply, and rub the excess into my cuticles).

As previously stated on many a review for mascara, my eyelashes just can't take mascara, they are fair at the ends and very fine, and are not robust in anyway - I think that it is the removal, and whilst I am very gentle, I always loose at least 2 eyelashes per removal.

I have used Talika (both the titchy tub, and the tube with the mascara wand), and Mavala with good success, although Talika can irritate and the Mavala leaves my lashes a little crispy.

In 1 month of nightly application I have long thick well conditioned lashes, weirdly they are curlier. I am amazed. I can wear mascara if I want to, but frankly a good squeeze with the Shiseido eyelash curler and MAC phone number at the base of my lashes is sufficient to look as if I've applied several coats of Diorshow.

At around 1.50 for 100mls, this is as cheap as chips and it works.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a must. Such great results. I use it on my eyelashes and eyebrows and hair. It certainly has improved the quality of my hair , which is generally thin and mousy and as for my eyelashes, they are blond and invisible.... not any more. I have been using Castor oil religiously for about 3 weeks and they are darker and thicker.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My brows were growing nicely with the use of Calosol and Folligen but after reading the reviews for Castor Oil I thought I would try it to see if it would be a cheaper alternative. Sadly within days of using this stuff my brows started to fall out and now the left brow is quite sparse! I am very, VERY gutted to say the least! I wish I never touched Castor Oil! :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: Got rid of my old review. This didn't work any better than coconut oil, and it gave me little zits all around my eyes. I'll stick to my coconut oil for eyelashes/brows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

I was a complete skeptic, too. I have long lashes, naturally, but who doesn't want more?? Besides, I am well into my 40s and I suspect my lashes are thinning a little. So after reading the MUA posts here (and rolling my eyes at some of them), I figured that I have nothing to lose. Every night, I have been appling a thin coat of CO along my upper lashes now for about 2 full months - I have only missed a day or two. After about 4 wks, I noticed a difference in the length of my lashes - maybe not the thickness, though. I suspect they are falling out less, but that is just a speculative mechanism... I tried it only once on my head, but it is really thick and gooey (not at all like olive oil, for example), so I never bothered again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by guler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since i cut my hair very short and regret it :( after much research i found out that CO is the best thing to make your hair grow faster.. well i though why not give it a go got nothing 2 lose!! so been using it and it HAS definitly made my hair so at last about 2inches in only 3weeks also have been using it on my eyelashes it has made them grow a little bit and definitly made them much more thicker. I LOVE IT. if you have any questions just ask me hope i can help..by the way its my 1st time on here :D

UPDATE: Today i have been having a GOOD look at my eyelashes and guess what they have GROWN SO MUCH MORE!!! i am over the moon and also i have noticed a few more lashes too :D

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by selkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was very skeptical about using castor oil for growing lashes, but I had a bottle that I use for cleansing so figured why not--if nothing else the oil would probably be good for the skin around the eyes. I already had fairly long lashes, about average thickness. I would use a dropper to place a drop on my index finger then rub into lashes. Easy enough to do as a last thing before hopping into bed. I've been doing this a couple of nights a week (I tend to forget, so probably use it 5 nights a week) and sure enough, much to my surprise my lashes are indeed longer. I don't notice that they are thicker, but they are becoming a bit of a problem with hitting the lenses of my glasses.

I never would have believed it if I hadn't experienced this myself, but the lashes are without a doubt longer. Who would have thought it--I certainly did not!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A household staple. Castor oil has been used in my family forever and will always be in my arsenal of products. I use Home Health castor oil and also Jamaican black castor oil from Sams 247. Regular (clear) castor oil is great for growing back eyebrows, thickening eyelashes and softening skin. I use a q tip to apply sparingly at night. Jamaican Black castor oil is for my hair and grows back thinning edges, bald spots, and generally thickens up hair. I massage the black castor oil into my scalp a few times a week. It is very thick and smells like burnt peanuts but it works! It could also be used as a pre-poo treatment, oil rinse, or hot oil treatment. Castor oil is a wonderful multi-tasking oil and it's benefits are many.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by tzapiche26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It is cheap and it has been used even in the eye area from ancient time, I guess. So, it s safe!
In may case it worked both for eyelashes and eyebrows. I also use it as a eyemakeup remover.
Update 1 21.03.10: I am still using this. Is the best eye makeup remover ever. If this dosent work for you another thing you can try is a bisabolol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It works! i dont know about others, but it works on me. I am sooo happy! I have very very sparse and light eyebrows. I have tried a lot of methods trying to let it grow more or darker. but neither of them worked. after i saw reviews here, i was like, oh, at least try. so i bought one bottle of castor oil in cvs and after 3 or 4 days of useing on both of my brows and eyelashes, i found out that my eyelashes are more thick. i always lost 3 or 4 lashes when i removed my eyemake but after using this oil, i rarely lost any lash anymore. i am so glad about that. and importantly, my eyebrows get somewhat darker also! i wont say it changes my brows color dramatically but my brows do get darker. and they are more than before. happy happy. HOWEVER, I found out that it cannot make your brows continue growing. after one month of using this oil, my brows and lashes are just like that. no more changes.