July 28, 2014 | 2132 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by pinky33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Me: mild rosacea, finicky skin. I used to be oily in my teens, 20's and 30's...and thought I still was...but for the past couple years I've had flakes on my face. I chalked it up to the products I was using (Vit C, retinoids, etc) But all the SA's kept asking me if I was exfoliating and putting products for dry skin on me. I finally came to terms with the fact that my skin is dry and have been babying it more. Got a sample of this oil from Sephora and put 2 drops in my moisturizer at night and 1 in the morning and Wah-la!! No more flakes! My skin is actually really healthy looking right now. I may have to up the amoung of drops I use once winter hits. It'll be interesting to see if it will still get the job done once it gets really dry.
It hasn't caused any breakouts (but I'm not breakout prone per se) I do get irritation rashes (red bumps) but this hasn't caused any problems. Would I buy a full bottle? Probably not because it's really expensive. But I have swapped for a bottle AND they sell Argan oil at Whole Foods/Sprouts, etc. for much cheaper. (Josie Maran 4oz bottle = $96, Whole Foods/Sprouts 4oz bottle = $29.99) I've been using the no name brand 100% argan oil and my skin accepted it w/out any problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by shepmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mix a little of this with my Macadamia oil. I use it on my face and the ends of my hair. I love it. IIt dries quickly and does not make my face break out. I rarely break out so acne is not an issue. The macadamia oil has a slight odor but it fades. I have gone 100% natural and have stopped using chemicals on my face. I see an improvement in texture and softness of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by ralcan01

my HG moisturizer additive. i add 3 drops to my moisturizer and my skin has never felt sooo smooth!!! i've used this for a year and cannot live without it! i HIGHLY recommend it. You can use this alone however i have very undernourished skin..

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by JSH812

I like this stuff a lot. I want to love it, but I just can't... in the summer I purchased Josie Maran's Argan Oil w/ SPF and LOVED the way it made my skin look, so I thought this would do the same. It really doesn't. I use it at night and I like it as a moisturizer, but I definitely prefer the SPF one for use in the morning. It does feel nice though, I'm just not sure if it's living up to the hype.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

I'm experiencing irritation when I use this on my face and not mixed in with body lotion. A very informative SA at Sephora explained that essential oils such as this can have an irritating and burning feeling if using on skin that have been applied with retinol products. Mystery solved! So buyer beware and stick with pure apricot or camelia oil for dryness at half the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I need an extra item to get my free shipping at Sephora, so I've decided to get this. I got the mini / travel version just to try.

It feels nice on the skin, BUT I learned my lesson not to put any oils on an acne-prone skin. I got cystic acne on my chin after using this. Once I stopped, it went away.

So I only use this now for my hair, I have long hair and I need six drops to cover halfway down to the tips. It works, but not really "wow"ed by it. It's on the OK level for me. But with the price for the size, not worth it. There's other organic 100% argan oil out there for cheaper. And also, I might want to try other hair serums.

So I'll be using it until I ran out but will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by ebgirl

I've tried this product a couple of times and it just doesn't do anything for me. I have combination skin with some acne scarring and a bit of sun damage, but the argan oil didn't help with any of those issues. Also, it sits on my face for a long time before being absorbed (or maybe it just ends up on my pillowcase at night). I switched between this and Trilogy Rosehip oil and there is a huge difference. The rosehip oil absorbs more quickly and my face actually has a luminosity to it when I use the rosehip vs. the argan oil. I'm sure it's just based on individual skin types, but the argan oil just doesn't work for me unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by phatsjunx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This oil combined with Ole Henriksen's Collagen Booster serum are my new HG products. I LOVE IT. It doesn't make your face oil and didn't make me break out at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by PinkLily

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I have oily but dehydrated, acne-prone skin. I love this stuff! It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. And it doesn't cause zits (for me).

I tried it in the Sephora Glow kit and then bought a full-size bottle.

Be careful when removing the dropper from the bottle. I've wasted a bit of oil when it dripped off the dropper.

I use it mainly on my face. I put 3 drops total on my cheeks (1 1/2 drops each cheek) and then 1 drop on my forehead and then 1 drop on my nose/mouth/chin area. If there's any extra, I gently dot it around my eyes. If there isn't any extra, I use like half a drop on my eyes.

I can't believe an oil works so well for my acne-prone skin (thank you, PCOS). But it does. Love this stuff! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

This product didn't break out my face per se, but it did give me a few huge blackheads on my cheeks. Typically I only get blackheads on my nose and chin, so seeing a few huge blackheads on my cheek was unusual. I think this product did a nice job moisturizing, but eventually I just used it to deep condition my hair and moisturize my body. I find that the jars that the argan oil come in are great for keeping for other useful purposes. It wasn't a "wow" product in my opinion, just an oil that absorbs nicely into skin that you could probably just find for half the price.