April 17, 2014 | 1911 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by purityplease

Where to start with this product.... I've tried so many argan oils because I'm absolutely in love with pure, argan oil. I'd been using other brands, but thought I would give Josie's a try because I've heard great things about her makeup products. I was so beyond disappointed I can't even describe. To start with the packaging, well it's misleading. It pretends to be "organic"... but it isn't certified by anything recognized in the US, even though it tries to put fake logos on the box and label to mislead consumers. Second, the consistency and quality of the argan oil is most similar to something I would cook with (vegetable oil is the first thing that comes to mind), not argan oil. This seems to be another case of mass marketed product that has left quality behind. If you are looking for argan oil I would not give up if this is the only one you have tried, there are wonderful, high quality products on the market... you just have to look.

As for Josie's other products, not sure if I am even going to venture considering the base product for all of them seems to be flawed in so many ways.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this . Never tried argan before but I needed something to calm the weird heat rash and heat breakouts I've been getting, yet would not dry out my already dryish skin. My skin is beautifully moisturized and CLEAR with this!! Similar to mineral oil in that it doesn't totally sink into skin, you can feel a very slight filmy layer on it (but no where near as much as the MO). I use this at night. So much more moisturizing than the mineral oil for me, and it's very soothing and healing. Not certain, but it seems to diminish acne marks and hyperpigmentation - only been using this for a few weeks so far. I marked 'would not repurchase' simply because the Josie Maran price is outrageous. 100% pure argan oil can be purchased for 1/5 the price elsewhere. ALL argan oil is produced and sold by the same women's cooperative in Morocco, under UNESCO. They are the only supplier in the world, so all distributors are using the same oil (a google search will yield lots of info on this).

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by danishfilipina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where to start... well first off, I have sensitive/combination/acne/allergy-prone skin. I was hoping that this would help clear my skin, but it did the exact opposite. After putting a little on my face before I went to sleep, I woke up and saw that I broke out everywhere. I continued using it for a couple weeks just to test it out, and my skin just looked terrible. It was very moisturizing and everything, but it didn't matter. I guess my skin doesn't like oils being on it. Luckily I bought the smaller version, but I still have a lot left and it makes me mad that I paid that much for bad skin. I'm sure it works great on people with nice, non-sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by shesh46

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really sensitive skin and used to use gasoline which is a little greasy. I love this oil. Just wash it was a little easier to use and not so expensive but I love how it feels on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by amiranathaly18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I never in my life have written a review but because of what this product has done for me I felt it was only fair that I do. This Josie Maran Argan Oil has LITERALLY SAVED my skin. Just 4 days ago my face was full of tiny bumps and blemishes. My forehead was so bad it looked like sandpaper because of how rough and the tiny bumps I had. I received this oil as a gift from Sephora and didnt think much of it until I started reseraching and reading reviews. I decided to try it and Ive never been happier with my skin. Its so lighweight and smooth that your face does NOT feel one bit greasy after using it.
I simply wash my face with Cetaphil soap (Ladies this wash is very mild and great for your face) and then I apply a few drops of the argan oil on my face and let it sit. I do this in the morning and at night before going to bed and It has cleared my skin. Im so stunned I almost cry at how amazing my skin looks!! After trying MURAD acne complex and other products, nothing worked and make my skin more irritated and worse. You can even apply some moisturizer after the oil and your face wont be oily or greasy! Trust me when I say this stuff is absolutely completely amazing and great for your hair too. I am ecstatic and will def be buying more when my free bottle runs out :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Devildog4025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on my 3rd bottle of this stuff and I love it. I have yet to put it on my entire face... but I have used it for 2 scars I acquired as a child that both needed stitches, and it has flattened them and removed the redness. I also used it on my (now ex) smoker mouth lines and it took them completley away. I really do love this stuff. I am currently "testing it" on a fresh acne cyst scar and we'll see how well it works.
This priduct is super moisturizing and is well worth the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by romeydiaz77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have combination acne prone skin...and this Argan Oil works great for my skin! I use 4 drops at night, like a serum after cleansing/toning, before applying moisturizer. It does not cause me to break out, and when I do have my occasional monthly breakout, JMC's Argan Oil actually helps calm my skin and reduce the redness and size of my pimples. It's amazing! During one bad break out session, I stopped using the oil in hopes that the pimples would go away, but it got worse, I decided to start using the Argan Oil again and the next morning my pimples were reduced in size and redness was also reduced. This oil is now a must in my skin care.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Belann

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was surprise to find that use of this oil made my face dry. One day I I let it sit on my face for 20 minutes. Then I put mineral makeup on.
Later in the day my makeup looked awful.My husband told me that my makeup looked bad. This does not happen with any other of my products.

One in a while, I use it at night and put another product over it. This works fine.

A noticed that very few people stated that their skin became dry.This review is not very helpful. I just wanted the frew women who has the same experience to know, they are not alone.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by dakeeks

I love JM's argan oil. I have been using it for a few weeks now and it gives my face a GLOW like no other and makes me look much younger. I use retin-A every night so I use the oil in the mornings. It really calms my skin, moisterizes it (it tends to be really dry from the retin-a) and doesn't make me break out even though I am very prone to breakouts. It's not one of those oils that sits on top of your face. It sinks right in which is why they call it a "dry oil." I love it. It is a bit pricey and I have found organic argan oils on amazon.com that are much cheaper (which I plan to use on my body). You can get an 8oz size bottle of organic argan oil from Kae Moroccan on amazon.com for $31... versus 1.7oz of JM argan oil for $48 (got mine at Sephora)... so there are other brands which are much less. But I have yet to finish my JM argan oil and I think it'll last me awhile. Check out the New York Times article on argan oil ... they call it "liquid gold"

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mkupmaniac1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really have had great luck with this oil. I use a couple of drops warmed in my hand any time, I need a little extra moisture or glow. I have used it on my lips, and cuticles, and hair as well. I took off a lippie because the glass bottle gets slippery with the oil, and the lid doesn't seem to close tightly either...not sure it would travel well.