October 22, 2014 | 2055 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Hautepants

This stuff made my face break out in tiny little bumps all over my forehead and cheeks. I thought it might be something else I was using, but every time I used this stuff it did it.
Made my skin feel a little too oily, but it did make it look nice.
All in all, I obviously won't be using this anymore..but I'll put be putting the rest to good use on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by jpoblete77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the argan oil. Does not leave my face oily. Personally I like to put this oil on my Décolletage keeps it moisturized and supple and my husband likes how it feels after. This product is too expensive. I go to amazon and purchase 100% morrocan argan oil for fraction of the price. I don't see much of a difference between the two.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

I like the way the Argan oil feels moisturizing to the skin when it goes on, and it soaks right in. However overall I feel it's congesting to my sinuses and not sure how that happens, and that it's aging my skin longterm especially around the undereye area. Oil by itself is not really moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Nowheregirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use Josie Maran's argan oil on my face. I apply a few drops in the palm of my hand, press my hands together, and then press my hands gently over my face. I repeat the procedure on my neck. I've tried using other vegetable oils on my skin, and I find argan oil absorbs faster. It also makes my skin feel incredibly soft. In the winter I use it as a serum before applying a moisturizer, but in warmer weather I could use it alone. Although I really like this product, I wouldn't buy this particular brand again because of the price. All argan oil in the world comes from the same source: a women's cooperative in Morocco. I've found other suppliers of pure argan oil who sell it for much less.

UPDATE: 2/17/2012: I've repurchased this. After my first bottle ran out I bought a cheaper brand of argan oil and it wasn't the same. It was greasier and had a nutty smell to it. Josie says her oil is first-pressed, and at first I thought it was just a marketing ploy. But now I won't use any other brand of argan oil.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by KTcoleman30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently re-discovered Argan Oil after using it on my hair and not liking it at all. While browsing YouTube, I stumbled on a video where a woman had said she used it on her face before she went to bed. Since I did have it left and it didn't work for my hair type (made it greasy and stringy), I figured I'd give it a shot.

I don't have super acne prone skin, but I do have some problem areas, mostly around the sides of my mouth and chin, and at 33, my skin is starting to show signs of it's age.

The first night I tried the Argan Oil on my face, I was a bit hesitant because, let's face it, from what I know of biology, oil on your face usually doesn't end well. But I was very pleasantly surprised when I woke up in the morning and the couple trouble spots I had the day before actually looked more clear! And my skin appeared very soft and supple!

It's not a magic wand, but it does help :0) I use mine only at night, then awake to healthy looking skin! Love this product and will definitely be repurchasing!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by smalljd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall, I love argan oil. It is wondeful on my skin if I travel to somewhere with a dry climate or in cold weather. It also works great on the ends of my hair after blow drying or flat ironing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by lemon_tree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this on and off for about a month and so far I'm liking it and will continue to use it. At night at least. First used it only at night, 2 to 5 drops mixed in with my moisturizer (ren) and in the morning I do notice a difference. Sometimes I'll go to bed with my face kind of blotchy and irritated/dry and when I wake up in the morning, my face is a lot clearer and smoother. Now that it's winter my skin has gotten a lot drier so I've started using it mixed in with my day time moisturizer too. The strange thing is I've noticed little bumps on my skin lately. I'm not sure if it's this product or something else. Maybe it's possible to use too much of this stuff?
UPDATE 1/8/12: I dialed it down to using 1-2 drops mixed with my nighttime moisturizer and bumps have disappeared. I definitely like this oil and will continue using it. I think it really helps with my dry skin and evening out skin tone. My new clarisonic may have something to do with those improvements too tho, im not sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by KatieBatieFoFatie

I was lucky enough to get the 4 oz during the VIB sale last week so this is the first time I have ever used the biggest bottle with the pump. I don't know why so many people have been saying the pump wastes so much product, because I find it very easy to control how much of the oils dispensed. I apply this as a night time moisturizer and I wake up without my skin feeling tight or dry. I also feel good knowing I'm putting an organic product on my skin that does not have anything harmful in it, as my skin is very sensitive! Over priced for sure....but great nonetheless.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by dorcasgood

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the small sample size from Sephora. It's great for spot treating the random dry patches that pop-up during the winter. It also comes in handy when I run out of my night cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by MissJules25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

*the sound of the gates to heaven opening*! After years of suffering with jawline acne and hormonal breakouts around my chin and mouth I have found Josie Maran's Argan Oil. In the space of 2 weeks my skin has brightened and my breakouts have largely dissapeared. As well as clearing my breakouts, my pores have closed, my skin feels like velvet and is plump and glowing. I have been asked a few times 'what make-up am I wearing' but it is simply that I have used the Argan Oil in the morning.
The only reason this isn't a 5 is that when I use it more than 4 days in a row or twice a day I see little white heads/ bumps forming. But they go away quickly. You just need to be selective about when you use it. Also, it claims to get rid of pigmentation/discolouration but that is the only thing I haven't found it helps with. I don't care though. I haven't had a breakout for an entire month! I highly recommend this Argan Oil for breakout prone/sensitive skin or un-even skin!

Just for the record, I use it in combination with Burt's Bee's Blemish Solution Cleanser and Liz Earle's Hot Cloth cleanser.