September 17, 2014 | 1752 users online

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Skin: cool toned NW 15

Eyes: light brown

Hair: dark dyed red

I appear to be in the minority here, but Studio Fix Fluid really did not work for my dry, sensitive skin. I tried it with and without primer and just couldn't make it work for me; I always ended up looking dry and cakey. I also disliked the strange, lingering chemical smell of this foundation. After two weeks of wear, the formula dried my skin out to the point that I needed Aquaphor to fix it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by mruvira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Years ago I tried the Studio Fix powder, and I was not too happy with it; I felt like it didn't completely settle into my skin, therefore, it was obvious that I was wearing a heavy foundation. While shopping for Christmas, I tried the liquid version of Studio Fix because I am always on a mission to find the perfect foundation. This comes very close to perfect. A little bit goes a long way, it blends well, the color is great (NC 35), it looks natural, yet it covers impeccably, and it has lasting power. The only problem I have with it is the scent. It is not a pleasing odor. Edit 7/5/08: This stuff is really gross. It doesn't look as great as I thought in the beginning. It's really hard on my skin. Even if I mix it with moisturizer, it still looks fake and dries out my skin. I now switched to MUFE Face and Body #34, and I am NC 35.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 5:30:00 PM More reviews by mollygail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like the more natural looking foundation. The studio fix fluid delivers that with plenty of coverage. I have a lot of acne scars and this is the only foundation that doesn't require additional concealer on top. It doesn't cause my oily skin to break out. It is a great foundation. My only complaint is the bottle and cap combo. I just don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 10:37:00 AM More reviews by JESSICA85

I dont even know where to start. The color i have is NC40 this is the second time i try this foundation. The first time the SA said that this formula was switched and that NW was for Yellow undertones and NC was for Pink undertones. It really didnt make sense. But he tried NW35 needless to say it was waaayy!!!!! too orange and i looked time a pumpkin. Since the color was off i decided to give up on the formulation and look else where. I decided to stop by mac Again and try face and body, but the SA asked if i had tried Studio fix i explained the situation and she tried NC40 on which is my color in the powder and it was perfect not too orange beacause it was too dark or ashy because it was too light my skin looked airbrushed! At $24.00 it really cant be beat. The optional pump is only $3.00 i love pumps so i picked one up. Make sure this is removed with a good make up remover or cleanser. I havent had any problems with breakouts but this foundations staying power is pretty good I had it on yesterdat for apprx 8 hours and after using just my reg cleanser i still had some on when i went over with my toner. After wearing makeup for 8 hrs i dont usually use a makeup remover for most if not all of my foundation is gone and my regular cleanser does the trick. I also picked up the cleanse off oil just to remove my makeup = ). Give this one a try im sernsitive with super reactive skin. I havent gotten a rash or a breakout and it covers my acne scars well! = )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 10:35:00 AM More reviews by JESSICA85

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2006 11:11:00 AM More reviews by jennystalin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great forumla. Not as thick as you would think, and great coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by seuseu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very oily, this made me oiler. Seems like it stayed on top of my skin. After 2 hours it started to glide off of my skin. Happened to my co worker too. Will stick to Iman or Studio Tech...
UPDATE: I was at the MAC store last week visiting my friends(used to work for MAC), and my friend told me that this had been reformulated. I tried it on, by the time I drove home 3hours later, I had 5 huge painful zits appeared out of nowhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by annemosca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just found this foundation at the MAC counter this past week, and I've been pretty happy with it. The color is a bit yellow for me (NW15) but I do think it covers well and that the yellow counteracts a lot of the redness in my skin (I'm Irish). It blends well, does NOT look cakey (like the Clinique Repairwear that I was wearing before this week). I have a lot to cover on my face (MAJOR discoloration) and this stuff really does the trick. My skin looks completely flawless after using this and a bit of MAC Studio Fix powder (I apply with a brush). I wish it was a bit more glow-ey, but you can't have everything. For now, this is my HG, but I am forever on the hunt for the next best thing.

Oh, I also bought the MAC StudioFix compact creme makeup for touch-ups during the day, but for the most part I have not needed to touch up! Horray! When the westher turns hot again we'll see.....my makeup does tend to sweat off in July. Ugh!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 7:04:00 AM More reviews by puglover86

Wow!! This foundation is amazing. The coverage is perfect because it can be sheer or provide really good coverage if applied with a brush. This foundation stays fresh for a really long time and really evens out skin tone. There is a huge range of shades, and it leaves skin moisturized, yet not greasy. Unlike a lot of foundations, it doesn't cake up or dry skin out. Also, it provides a matte, yet natural finish. With this foundation I don't have to wear powder and it looks like I'm not even wearing foundation. I would recommend applying this with a brush since it really gives a natural and flawless appearance. The best foundation ever!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2006 1:27:00 AM More reviews by squeakers

This is my favorite MAC liquid foundation so far (I've tried Face & Body, Hyper Real, Select SPF 15, and Select Tint.) I use one pump applied with the 187 brush and it covers wonderfully and lasts all day. The color does run dark and yellow, I use NW15. Hopefully they will reformulate the shades at some point. I will repurchase this when I run out.