December 20, 2014 | 1704 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by rabid_lobster

I like the coverage I get out of this. My only complaint would be that it's not quite as long wearing as the MA told me it would be. Usually after about 5 hours or so my face starts to feel oily and I get quite shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 11:23:00 AM More reviews by christinag05

This product works great! I was using MAC's Studio Tech foundation but decided to give this a try and I am so happy I did! The coverage is great and a little goes a long way! My face looks flawless when I wear this! The foundation lasted all day on me where usually by the end of the day my Studio Tech foundation was almost completely gone.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by zombie_candy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this almost a year ago (NC40) but in the last couple of months I looked at it closely in natural sunlight (when I was putting it on) that it went on ORANGE. I have no idea what took me so long to realize the flaws in the foundation. It would also "sit" on my skin rather than blend into it. It's not as noticable from far away but I know it's there, so I feel uncomfortable about it. The only real plus is its coverage properties--the medium to buildable coverage is great. My bottle has about 1/4 left but I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by juanitaaloha

The packaging is a bit odd - you have to actually pay to get a foundation pump to go with it????? And without that pump, it's really a mess. But anyway. The smell is awful, I felt like I was rolling paint onto my skin. Was no help for my oily T-zone. Plus, it caused cystic acne that took forever to subside. Ended up taking it back for a refund.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2007 7:43:00 AM More reviews by heaven07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in NC15 and I like to apply it with my MAC 187 brush otherwise I find that it can go on a little bit too thick. Once blended, this foundation lasts all day on my oily/combo skin. There does appear to be a slight emulsion paint-like smell that soon disappears. I did try the NC20 shade for when I have a bit more colour in the summer, but it was very very yellow based so I will have to find something else for the warmer months. Overalll this is a great foundation but I would definitely check out the colours at the counter before you buy to get a true match.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2007 3:55:00 AM More reviews by LaaLaa109

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for quite a while now and I got to say, I think I'm done with it. At first I used to use the original powered version of Studio Fix and found it to be too dry and cakey for my skin although the coverage was surprisingly good. (I have oily/combination/blemished skin) So, when I saw that they came out with a liquid version of this, I was extremely exited. I mean good coverage, controls oil, and probably won't be as cakey as the the original version of it, what more could you ask for? But this thing almost highlights any dry spots and doesn't control oil all that well. The coverage is good but I mean this is pretty thick, I would expect full coverage from it. I kept using this for months only because of the coverage, so called oil control because god knows I need it, and fair price but now I'm kind of wondering to myself why I used this for so long. The shade NC-25 is too yellow on my skin, makes me very dull looking, and feels and looks like I'm wearing a mask. I'm now trying out Lancome Teint Idole Ultra and so far I really love it. This gives less coverage than MAC's SF but it gives it a natural looking finish (but actually covers my acne and imperfections) while controlling shine. EDIT: I need to add that this foundation broke me out constantly. This became very obvious to me after using other foundations, when they didn't give me tiny little pimples popping up everywhere. I think this is my last foundation from MAC I'll ever try. Downgrade from 3 to 2 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Naked

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am an NC15, the lightest they have, and its extremely hard to find good foundations in my pale skin color. This may be part of the reason why I like this foundation so much because it seriously is the only foundation that matches perfectly and looks beautiful on my skin. I do agree that the foundation, when left on overnight or perhaps after a sweaty night out on the town, can clog up my pores a little, but all that takes is a little soap and water. Makes me glow, makes me look like a porcelain doll. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Miss_sensuelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Mac's foundation line has made me breakout badly. Its so oily for my combination acne prone skin although the MA's say its noncomedogenic other MA's ive spoken to also complain that it is very acnegenic.I stay away from Mac skin care and foundations. Although i state my other reviews as an Asian NC25, it is just for reference. this color is too yellow for me, starkly yellow i looked so sallow it was completely unnatural.

It does provide high coverage but with very little benefits. IMHO i think this product is very overrated. sorry to be a sourpuss.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2007 7:26:00 AM More reviews by seesheer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cute packaging, fantastic coverage and the exact shade for my skintone. I was more than happy using this in NC25, and it was the perfect foundation for me. Until I started breaking out. I've pinned it down to this, using the process of elimination (dun dun dun!) and I'm honestly sad in saying I can't use my Studio Fix Fluid any more. Until I find a replacement, I'm reluctantly going back to my 'backup' L'Oreal foundation. Not the best, but at least it doesn't make me break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by tania_nia

I bought this because the MA at MAC recommended it because my StuidoFix powder was drying my face out. Some tips to make this work:

You only need a little bit if you smear it all over your face it will look really really bad! Start really small and add more later.

Use a foundation brush. This helps keep the amount small plus the brush helps to melt with the skin.

Moisturize well especially if you have any kind of dry skin and then use a primer (I like MAC's Prep + Prime).

Put it on those areas where you need it then blend with the rest of the skin using the foundation brush. Be sure to blend like crazy!!

This may sound obvious but make sure to get a really good color match. If it doesn't match don't buy it!!

By following these tips my face looks great. I just have to powder my nose and forehead a bit mid day but other than that it looks great. Covers my scars and evens my skintone.