July 31, 2014 | 2108 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 5:59:00 PM More reviews by sassygirrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in NW 25. The sales associate matched the skin on my neck as I had Clinique Superfit in Champagne on at the time.

Perfect match!

I kept noticing people staring at me when I would suddenly turn. A few commented on my "perfect skin" LOL if they only knew!

I did experience a little break out, (2 pimples) but I am prone to breakout at "that time of the month" so not sure if this is from the makeup or hormones.

Perfect coverage, makes my ruddy skin flawless, and gives me a radiant, matte finish. I have combination oily/dry skin, and this didn't need a touch up like all my other foundations usually do.

I really like this foundation. It works hard to make my skin flawless.

New to the MAC line, this if my first foray into the foundation, but so far I like what I see.

It's worth the money.

If you don't like it, return it. They will credit your card or give you a refund.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2006 8:47:00 AM More reviews by sellyselly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation! It gives a good coverage and smooth finish. For me, it lasts for the whole day. Sometimes, it feels a little thick and sticky though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by brokentrails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a MAC neophyte and loving this product! The MAC ma recommended a perfect shade for me. My skin is oily and I love the fact that this provided me great coverage, evens out my complexion and didn't made me greasy. It's not heavy on the skin, very natural looking, didn't breakout, has SPF, and didn't melt on my skin even when the weather's hot. My only con with this product is that it's a bit expensive but like the MAC ma told me, it's worth it coz it will last me a long time and he was right coz you only need a few drops and voila, flawless looking skin! I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Last_rolo_lover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation so much. At first I was a tad weary of MAC after reading reviews of Studio fix breaking people out, but once I had tried it for a week, I saw that it was my HG. I found the best way to apply it is with the 187 brush, or one similar to it should work, I apply it on my hand then onto my face. I am in love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've gotten a few samples of this foundation and so far, so good. I've normally stayed away from MAC's liquid foundations as I wasn't too impressed with the formulas but I like the SF liquid foundation.
It gives sheer to medium coverage and a semi-matte finish, plus the SPF15 is great. I'll definitely buy a full-size bottle when I have the chance.
EDIT 11/13/06: I still like this foundation but it can be a wee bit on the heavy side. Still a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2006 1:39:00 PM More reviews by LMfanatic

Love this foundation. Used oil-free Laura Mercier foundation for a long time, as I am an acne-prone girl, and I thought that was my HG (despite the hefty price tag). Alas, I noticed it was just "sitting" on my pores and didn't last all day - 4-5 hours at most. Plus, the coverage wasn't all THAT great, and while I know it is extremely buildable, I was using a large amount to get the coverage I wanted.

On a whim I decided to try the Studio Fix Fluid after reading some recs on the makeup board. I was hesitant because I had previously tried the Studio Fix powder-formula and that caused me to break out ::horribly::, so I was afraid this would do the same. Not at all! I've been using it for about two weeks now and not a pimple to be seen. I use it over my MAC oil-control lotion and mattifier, put it on with my 187 brush, and set it w/ the loose blotting powder, and then I'm good to go! My skin looks flawless and it looks great the entire day. The coverage is also perfect; it isn't too sheer and isn't too thick to where I feel like I'm wearing a mask. (Just as a FYI, I got this in NC15.)

Love love love it, will be purchasing again and again as I think it's my HG! (Finally!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2006 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Scherzade

I like SFF with the proper application. I put a small amound of fluid on my hand, and use a Flirt! Skunk brush - 6 dollars - to stipple foundation on. It gives me a completely flawless finish that lasts all day, even in stifling Gainesville heat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by fireeeyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love fix fluid i have very very oily skin and i clog very easily and everything else that i have used had made me break out (clinique, estee, lancome, etc.) you do have to moisturize your skin. i also got the $3 pump and its the best cause you cant contaminate the bottle cuz your not sticking your finger or sponge back in the bottle. i use it with the 190 brush and it blends beautifully gives you a great finish. goes awesome with the blot powder to set it. I cant go without it LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2006 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Goldenrings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This made me look fantastic! For a 50ish woman this is a godsend. HOWEVER, after a few days I noticed I was really starting to break out. So I keep it for special occasions and am still looking for an everyday good foundation. Bummer. If you don't ever break out, and are looking for a good coverage foundation, I recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by ilima

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like most things about this foundation. The coverage is great- covers my freckles and evens out my skin tone without looking like a mask. It goes on like a dream with the 190 foundation brush, and I love that it has SPF 15. My only complaints are that, it I put on a bit too much, it really emphasizes lines that I didn't even know I had, and second, that the color is a very close match but not exact- there's something a little bit off and I can't tell what it is (I was color matched to NW15, by the way). I like it, but I wish the color would be just a little bit closer to my skin tone. Also, I've had no problems with breakouts while using this foundation, unlike previous reviewers.