April 18, 2014 | 1742 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 8:23:00 PM More reviews by MyBuddy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The coverage is not quite as full as Estee Lauder's Double Wear. This is medium coverage, which is great if you suffer from melasma (brown patches) like me, rosacea, acne, birthmarks or other discolorations. This will even you out. I am NC25 winter/NC30/summer, and the colors are a tiny bit yellowish. I asked others if it looks like a mask, and no one thinks I look like I have heavy makeup on. This is an acceptable foundation for me to use if Double Wear is not in stock. It stays on most of the day. I'm in outside sales, and I have to look good standing in the rain, snow, extreme heat and humidity. Only Lauder's Double Wear lasts longer. You can thin this out with a makeup brush and some oil-free moisturizer if you want, and you'll still have good coverage. I do this in summer. It doesn't increase my breakouts any more than I normally have.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 1:13:00 AM More reviews by bones_skin_n_harmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation was a bit heavy, and made my skin look flaky! It didn't go on smoothly as I would have hoped for. The color was a little too yellow although I am yellow skin already. I couldn't stand the smell either! Plus, this clogged my pores tremendously. I regret caving in to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by SusanC0425

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the finish and coverage of this foundation, but cannot find a shade that will match. Applied with the MAC 187 brush, and buffed into the skin, the finish is very nice and natural. I did find if I built up the coverage, it looked much less natural though. Lasts well through the day. I do wonder if the shades are consistent from batch to batch, as the NC30 the MA tried on me from her samples seemed much lighter than what I brought home in my bottle. I am currently an Stila IPF in 40 watts, and couldn't find a good match from NC25, NC30, NC35 or NC37, or even the NW shades in NW25, 30 and 35.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2006 11:26:00 AM More reviews by hilsbils

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Is everybody on something? I'm afraid I'm going to be the voice of dissent here.
I have never liked MAC foundations (always make me breakout) but there were so many raves for this that I thought I had to give it a go. I have combination/ oily skin which occasionally breaks out but I have no problems with the majority of foundations.
The colour match - NC 25 - was good for me. And it does indeed provide good, medium to full coverage. But that's where my praise begins and ends.
This foundation itched and highlighted flakes I didn't know I had despite my skin being oily and despite good moisturising and exfoliating. No other foundation has ever done this. It looked very un-natural and patchy. But the worst thing was that after two or three days' wear I broke out horribly all over my face (not just hormonal areas like chin which is what I usually get). It has taken a good couple of weeks to recover from.
Please don't believe the hype. If you have any tendency to acne and have ever broken out from MAC's foundations before give this a miss. Your skin will thank you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2006 9:20:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is fantastic!!! I put off buying this, but after reading some good reviews here, I caved! So glad I did, too! People are right about the colors, though. I find that Studio Fix Fluid runs darker than the Select Foundation, and I had to go a shade lighter- from NC30 to NW25- for a PERFECT match. I think this is MAC's best foundation formula yet! My skin looks great with this foundation, and the color is a perfectly natural match on me. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! It lasts all day and doesn't streak, fade, or settle into any creases on my face! MAGNIFICENT!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :o) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2006 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Stockton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2006 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Stockton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this foundation, but why are there so many reviews on this one when there is a studio fix fluid review thread that has more reviews?

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2006 7:24:00 PM More reviews by PlasticxPerfection

This was the only foundation that has ever matched my skin color, im asian so my skin is just yellow. it also covered my acne marks pretty well if i applied a lil more to the areas. but it did make my skin looking a lil dry and dull. and it did absolutey nothing for shine, my face was an oil slick luckily i have powder handy with me all the time for touch ups! the smell was pretty icky too but i dealt with it since it matched my skin better than anyting else i've ever tried. but i ended up having to take it back as i was started to break out about a lil over a week later. i started getting tiny bumps on my cheeks and other areas. so i went online and did some research on a forum and many other ppl said the same thing happened to them. they broke out from this because it was such a heavy formula and clogged pores. my skin is still slowly getting better from this. if they make this in a better formula that didnt clog pores i'd probably stick with it. but until then im still looking for my HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2006 10:34:00 PM More reviews by shuntablue

I would definitely have to agree with the other reviews--this is one of MAC's best creations yet. MAC foundations usually break me out, but not this one. It's oil free, yet long wearing and provides a nice, matte finish. Keep up the good work, MAC! Also, I have never been a fan of MAC foundations until now. Hopefully, this will be a keeper. Wish me luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 6:39:00 PM More reviews by boomgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using LM Honey Beige and NARS Barcelona oil free foundation for years and was never really satisfied with the color choices or coverage. I'm an NC25 in SFF and it's a darn good match. The coverage is flawless and applies evenly. I use the #190 brush and can get almost full coverage depending on how I layer it. It makes a great undereye and spot concealer as well. I'm also glad that MAC sells the pump for $3 as too much gets wasted in the cap. I dust with the Blot Powder Loose and at the end of the day, my makeup looks nearly perfect.