Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 11/19/2008 10:47:00 PM

This is a good alternative to my lashblast, but it does make lashes hard & the smell is like a bad chemical smell. Although, it does make lashes long and like I said, a good DS alternative compared to my HG.

on 11/19/2008 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have thick lashes but I feel like they don't have that "umpf"they need. One day while driving to work I looked in my visor mirror and realized I forgot mascara! I had to stop at CVS anyway, so I picked up the Maybelline Colossal Volum Express in Glam Black. I am really happy with this mascara, it works great for me and I think it's great competiton for my Benefit Bad Girl mascara which I use frequently.

on 11/18/2008 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not sure what horrible smell some other reviewers are talking about; maybe I'm just immune to it. Anyway, everytime I use this mascara I get at least one compliment on my eyelashes. It's pretty good for the price & great for volume. I'll def buy again.

on 11/18/2008 10:08:00 AM

I have actually bought this 3 times but no more. At first I thought I had found my new favorite mascara. But after the first 2 tubes I started to realize that it wasn't working for me. Strong smell that does fade. Last tube and a half gave me racoon eyes and flaking that irritated my eyes.

on 11/17/2008 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really liked the volume and length this gave, plus it separated well and did not clump. The end look was very nice, full lashes. It didn't really hold a curl, and the smell was pretty bad, but didn't keep me from using it. Unfortunately, when it dried, it flaked pretty bad. Not big flakes, just a bunch of tiny ones, that are enough to keep me from buying it again.

on 11/17/2008 4:48:00 PM

My HG after Fiberlash and Givenchy Phenomen'eyes! ALways go back to this
Product in a nutshell
Smells like roses - really, go smell a bouquet- I don't get why people don't like it
Fantastic length
To die for separation
Liquidy, thin texture - no clumps - EVER!!!! Oh wait, you have to apply several coats before it dries, or else duh! It'll clump.
natural.

I have very full lashes, even as an asian, weird huh ? ^_^ So i need length and separation, and this mascara is amazing!!!

on 11/17/2008 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Meh. I definitely didn't find it Colossal, except a Colossal disappointment. Sorry Maybelline, I usually love your mascaras but this was of a waste. It gives a far more of a natural look than I like, which I thought odd from something called Colossal. All it really did was separate, darken and pull out my curl within minutes. It seems really thin and watery in texture and neither this nor the wear improve even after I let it "age" a couple weeks (unlike Falsies which gets better with age). I get more volume, curl and drama from just looking at any other mascara than I did with this one, although it didn't flake, smudge or smear, and it was easy to remove because it wasn't waterproof. However, I was so underwhelmed I don't think I'll try it even if they make a waterproof version because I just don't expect much of a difference.

on 11/16/2008 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Whoever said this stuff smells like printer ink is right on the money. It's too bad that I can't USE it as printer ink, because I got this as a BOGO and have 2 tubes to use up. (I took the other one out of the package by mistake, so no swappie either-- GRR!) The aroma fades significantly, but I could still smell it two hours after applying, so you've been warned. This is good as a one-coat wonder for people who don't mind the smell. If you want more than one coat, you're out of luck. It just gets nasty with more coats, like all tarantula-looking, and forget about combing. It's also one that melts if you use a heated eyelash curler. Overall it's useful for a more dramatic day look, so it's not a total waste of money-- but it's sorely lacking in versatility. L'Oreal's Voluminous is a much better product.

on 11/16/2008 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pros: Lengthens, gives *a lot* of volume. Doesn't clump much.

Cons: the smell! It smells like disinfectant and some other unknown smell.

The smell is unbearable. Too bad, this is a pretty amazing marscara. I sterilized the brush and used it in the old Volum Express mascara, and now its pretty much perfect.

on 11/16/2008 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because it was a good deal. Came with Maybelline eyeliner, dual eyeshadow, and makeup remover in a cute little makeup bag for only $10.
I can see now why it was packaged this way, and why it's only $5. The first coat came out nice, but not thick enough. The second coat made my lashes look clumpy and brittle. It dries way too quickly! Nothing special. I didn't notice the smell too much til I read it on here.

Looks like I'll be going back to Great Lash.