August 1, 2014 | 893 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

I was really excited to try this product because Maybelline usually makes pretty good mascaras. The first time I used it, I was pretty amazed - it definitely delivered the volume it promised. But it clumps like crazy... I had to use another mascara brush to brush out my lashes and get rid of the clumps. I like the smell, it smells like flowers. I don't mind the design of the tube, there are too many black tubes anyway!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Borovichka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved the mascara, it really does give you that full look, however, the packaging is bad, like really bad!! It broke after I used it just 3 times. Will not buy it again, it is not worth the money if they can't get the tube right.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

I really wish I could say I would buy this again because as a mascara it was fantastic. I really loved the brush and the formula. But, like the previous Volum Express mascaras I've bought, the tube broke on me. The little part that helps swipe off the excess mascara came off. That's like the third time that's happened with Volum Express. I'd like to know if anyone else has that problem.
*EDIT* I've since repurchased this numerous times and never had that problem again. My HG mascara now.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by abs0lutelyfab

This mascara did everything that I expected of it. It gives a sick amount of lengthening, and it has a good bit of volumizing power. I usually never coat my bottom lashes, and after I saw myself in a photo after I had done so, I can say, without ego, that the result was gorgeous. This mascara doesn't clump, and the brush is generous and lush. My lashes stay soft; the product doesn't flake (yay!), and it's easy to remove with makeup remover.

I was initially drawn to the packaging. The vivid yellow and metallic purple is alluring. Maybelline, way to recover yourself in my opinion after that dreadful Great Lash. Bravo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is trying really hard to be Lash Blast, but it fails in a big way.

It's just a mediocre mascara (that flakes like crazy on me). The tube is ugly. The brush is nothing special. And it stinks. It smells like dusty chocolate. Why does mascara need to be scented?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by VintageAmbition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great drugstore mascara: comparable to the Lash Blast.

P.S. You can apply 1-2 at the most. Don't attempt more than that.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Vixen7

Really unique tube, it's bright screaming yellow. Goes on easlily for me, with a classic bristle brush, which I prefer.
(not the comb or the plastic spike things they're promoting now) Fullness is OK and the definition is great. I don't mind the smell, it reminds me of lilacs. Still I can see how this could be an annoyance for some.
A good alternative to my fav, Maybelline Full and Soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 12:13:00 AM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The volume isn't anything spectacular, but it gives really good definition. The smell to me was very strong, very flowery, I smelled it an hour after I applied. 9-10 hours later, no flakes, so thats a plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Stepha3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never had a mascara that blew me away, but this one came close. It goes on smooth, but it didn't give me the length I was hoping for. The smell is okay, but it's not horrible nor amazing.

I'm almost thinking about using my LashBlast brush with this mascara. I wonder how that'd turn out... : P

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by XmegadethfanX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

I saw the advertisment on television and decided to give it a try. I already owned LashBlast so I thought it would be fun to do a comparison. I was really excited when I got home and put it on, and I was not dissaponted... So far this is my favorite mascara.(haven't tried high end brands...Only a teen..:() I like this better than LashBlast, but I found when I layered the two I have crazy eyelashes that are so nice... Oh I almost forgot...The smell...I actually enjoy it... To me it smells like roses!!
Pros:Rich Black Color
Volumizes
Lengthens
No Flaking
No Clumping(I find that shocking)
Smooth Application
Cons:Brush is big,but I've gotten used to it...