August 30, 2014 | 1741 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

See this is what I get for purchasing before checking MUA.

Bleh. Doesn't give me the promised volume at all. Disappointing actually. Tried it once and immediately gave it away. Not horrible, just boring. The only good thing is the ingredient list, which didn't seem too bad, no parabens or SLS.. which is why I haven't gone back to CoverGirl Volume Exact yet.

I'm going back to the old standby of Almay Triple Effect - when I find it without the Retinyl Palmitate.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Futurewifey2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It melts almost too quickly!! At first it was okay and it worked pretty well. However, two weeks into using it, it melted!!! I was very disappointed. The collagen in it made it very slippery and just gross. It seems to work for a few weeks but then you have to get rid of it! Really not the best to buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by nezinka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ok...so I bought Lash blast and Colossal around the same time...First time I tried Colossal it clumped sooo badly that I threw it back in my makeup bag in disgust and warned most of my friends to not fall for it.
Anyway, I like Lash Blast but it smudges on my upper lid when applying which I absolutely hate as I apply my mascara last...it always look like I have black eyeliner when I don't.This is the sole reason I ma not going back to Lash Blast...
My lashes are relatively thick so pretty much any decent mascara works ok but you know you always looking for those extaordinary ones:)
My lash blast is drying out and I've been resisting the urge to purchase a new mascara as I know I have at least 2-3 that I don't use like the Colossal...So it's been like good 2-3 months that it hasn't been used so I guess the mascara dried a little.
I used it the other day- my lashes weren't primed with a drier mascara or curled. Well...I was amazed!!! It separated my lashes instantly, added tons of volume and some lenghth. Second coat made it even better- I couldn't believe it. It does give great volume and there was no clumping.
Why 3lippies...damn this mascara flakes like crazy! The formula dries so fast that (guess that's why there is no clumping) but within the hour you can see all the black under your eyes and if you go on and don't take care of it, in 4-5 hours you will look like a zombie that hasnt slept for centuries and hence has ginermous hideous black circles around its eyes.
I trluly believe this masara has great potential if they take care of the flaking.
My next one will be the new Neutrogena mascara:)

UDPDATE: well, my colossal mascara is now officially in the trash. I was at a store tonight and I looked myself in the mirror, I had a severe case of racoon eyes.Although, it gives volume and length, at the end of the day all of that is under your eyes and it ain't pretty!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by ryden_gorey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I picked this up and smelled it I instantly recognized this mascara. I was given this mascara before it was released to the market for testing. At least, I believe it's this mascara. It has the same smell, it was for same makeup brand, and it gives me the same results.
It has a very strong rose smell, which I actually like. I remember telling the people who gave me sample to test that I didn't think others would like it. I can recognize it's a rose smell, but I knew others wouldn't and many people seem to hate when their makeup has a smell. Not to worry, the smell goes away when it dries.
I really like the way it works. It's gives you thick, long lashes, period. It would be perfect except that it does flake (not enough to annoy me) and I don't like the brush. It seems like it's a thicker version of the typical mascara brush. I have small eyes, and it makes it harder to apply. The newer, spiky plastic-y brushes work so much better for me. You'll have to apply it carefully because of the big clumsy brush, but it'll give you full, thick doll lashes.
It does flake some.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ef604

This is an ok mascara, in which it does lenthen and gives a bit of volume. The packaging is cute, and like the other reviewer mentioned it makes it easy to find in your make up case. The problem? This mascara flakes. In about 4 hours, you are left with a bunch of black dots under your eyes. Would I repurchase? No, as I think there are better options for the same price out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by 8ball

Despite the raves, I've hated every Maybelline mascara I tried (Great Lash, Full n Soft, etc). I've been using Cargo Texas Lash, a tubing mascara costing $20 (which I love) and MAC Zoomlash, a non-fiberous mascara ($13) which I also love. Then I saw pictures here on MUA of people wearing Colossal mascara and I caved in to curiosity. I'm glad I did. Colossal makes me look like I have thick, beautiful, curled lashes. It's not fiber-y looking. It doesn't flake or make racoon eyes, and lasts all day. If there is any drawback, it's that I have to apply 4-5 coats to get the look I want. My tube is new and usually new mascaras are thin in consistency, so I'll wait to see if I don't have to apply so many in the future. They have two black colors - Glam Black and Classic Black. I don't know the difference. I got BOGO free at CVS so I bought one of each. I'm using Glam Black now and love it. And for the price, when it's on sale I can buy 6 Colossals for every Texas Lash! Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by htownpnai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colors of the tube of this mascara totally got me! I love the bright yellow and purple! Well I got this at Walmart as a 2 for 1 deal for about $5.96 plus I had a $1 off Maybelline mascara coupon, so I thought, get I got 2 mascaras for $5. This does have a really weird gross smell, but I got over it, because I mainly smelled it when applying it, once it was on I didn't smell it anymore. This mascara does wonders for my dinky asian lashes! I absolutely love the formula/brush of this mascara! It smells horrible, but works like magic for me!! I will definitely but this again once I run out of my 2 tubes!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had a chance to try it just for a couple of days only. Because the ring that's supposed to clear the extra mascara on the brsuh while you're taking it out fell off in just a few days. But I would write a bad review anyway... The tube is too bulky, the mascara clamps badly, it smells weird, has nothing to do with adding volume, etc. Don't waste your money on this...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by annieway

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty picky when it comes to mascara simply cuz I seem to have problems finding stuff that I really like. Well, I tried this after asking one of my girlfriends what her secret to her killer lashes was. I have very long lashes that seem to get more "weighed down" by most mascaras. I was pretty impressed with how little of this that I actually needed to get the look I wanted and no clumping, either! I like this and will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by nell_daisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The bright yellow tube definitely caught my eye. I have tried virtually every Maybelline mascara, so far the Full & Soft being my favorite. I like this just as much, if not more. Colossal offers more volume than F&S and gives more length. The only downfall is that it clumps easier. Just make sure you don't over-do it. One coat is enough. =)