November 27, 2014 | 1392 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

My very first foundation was Studio Fix powder, and I ended up straying, for the reason that it looked quite thick and cakey, and I wanted more of a luminous, but not greasy, finish, on my combo-to-oily skin. It's been years and I've tried everything now, from Revlon to Chanel, Clinique to Make Up For Ever, and while I've considered Prescriptives Virtual Skin my HG, my sudden discovery of Studio Fix Fluid is threatening to shake that claim. This buildable foundation lasts all day, and what's most amazing, it makes my skin look airbrushed and velvety. $30CAD for 30ml.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by marsgirl71

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation. It is seriously the best! I have tried EVERYTHING...nothing even comes close to this.

The price isn't bad compared to a lot of foundations, and you get a pretty decent amount. The packaging is okay...could be better.

The first time I tried it I thought it looked awful. I tried it a second time and loved it. It's all how you apply it. I recommend if you don't like it to try it again following these steps...

1. Get corner on sponge saturated in it
2. Swipe across entire face
3. Blend it well
4. Dip your finger in foudation and dab on to place that need more coverage
5. Keep dabbing until spot is covered
6. Put a powder over it...my choice is Revlon Skin Lights for a fresh, dewy look

Hope it works as good for you as it does for me =]

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by rabid_lobster

I like the coverage I get out of this. My only complaint would be that it's not quite as long wearing as the MA told me it would be. Usually after about 5 hours or so my face starts to feel oily and I get quite shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 11:23:00 AM More reviews by christinag05

This product works great! I was using MAC's Studio Tech foundation but decided to give this a try and I am so happy I did! The coverage is great and a little goes a long way! My face looks flawless when I wear this! The foundation lasted all day on me where usually by the end of the day my Studio Tech foundation was almost completely gone.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by zombie_candy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this almost a year ago (NC40) but in the last couple of months I looked at it closely in natural sunlight (when I was putting it on) that it went on ORANGE. I have no idea what took me so long to realize the flaws in the foundation. It would also "sit" on my skin rather than blend into it. It's not as noticable from far away but I know it's there, so I feel uncomfortable about it. The only real plus is its coverage properties--the medium to buildable coverage is great. My bottle has about 1/4 left but I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by juanitaaloha

The packaging is a bit odd - you have to actually pay to get a foundation pump to go with it????? And without that pump, it's really a mess. But anyway. The smell is awful, I felt like I was rolling paint onto my skin. Was no help for my oily T-zone. Plus, it caused cystic acne that took forever to subside. Ended up taking it back for a refund.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2007 7:43:00 AM More reviews by heaven07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in NC15 and I like to apply it with my MAC 187 brush otherwise I find that it can go on a little bit too thick. Once blended, this foundation lasts all day on my oily/combo skin. There does appear to be a slight emulsion paint-like smell that soon disappears. I did try the NC20 shade for when I have a bit more colour in the summer, but it was very very yellow based so I will have to find something else for the warmer months. Overalll this is a great foundation but I would definitely check out the colours at the counter before you buy to get a true match.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2007 3:55:00 AM More reviews by LaaLaa109

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for quite a while now and I got to say, I think I'm done with it. At first I used to use the original powered version of Studio Fix and found it to be too dry and cakey for my skin although the coverage was surprisingly good. (I have oily/combination/blemished skin) So, when I saw that they came out with a liquid version of this, I was extremely exited. I mean good coverage, controls oil, and probably won't be as cakey as the the original version of it, what more could you ask for? But this thing almost highlights any dry spots and doesn't control oil all that well. The coverage is good but I mean this is pretty thick, I would expect full coverage from it. I kept using this for months only because of the coverage, so called oil control because god knows I need it, and fair price but now I'm kind of wondering to myself why I used this for so long. The shade NC-25 is too yellow on my skin, makes me very dull looking, and feels and looks like I'm wearing a mask. I'm now trying out Lancome Teint Idole Ultra and so far I really love it. This gives less coverage than MAC's SF but it gives it a natural looking finish (but actually covers my acne and imperfections) while controlling shine. EDIT: I need to add that this foundation broke me out constantly. This became very obvious to me after using other foundations, when they didn't give me tiny little pimples popping up everywhere. I think this is my last foundation from MAC I'll ever try. Downgrade from 3 to 2 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Naked

I am an NC15, the lightest they have, and its extremely hard to find good foundations in my pale skin color. This may be part of the reason why I like this foundation so much because it seriously is the only foundation that matches perfectly and looks beautiful on my skin. I do agree that the foundation, when left on overnight or perhaps after a sweaty night out on the town, can clog up my pores a little, but all that takes is a little soap and water. Makes me glow, makes me look like a porcelain doll. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Miss_sensuelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Mac's foundation line has made me breakout badly. Its so oily for my combination acne prone skin although the MA's say its noncomedogenic other MA's ive spoken to also complain that it is very acnegenic.I stay away from Mac skin care and foundations. Although i state my other reviews as an Asian NC25, it is just for reference. this color is too yellow for me, starkly yellow i looked so sallow it was completely unnatural.

It does provide high coverage but with very little benefits. IMHO i think this product is very overrated. sorry to be a sourpuss.