October 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by tania_nia

I bought this because the MA at MAC recommended it because my StuidoFix powder was drying my face out. Some tips to make this work:

You only need a little bit if you smear it all over your face it will look really really bad! Start really small and add more later.

Use a foundation brush. This helps keep the amount small plus the brush helps to melt with the skin.

Moisturize well especially if you have any kind of dry skin and then use a primer (I like MAC's Prep + Prime).

Put it on those areas where you need it then blend with the rest of the skin using the foundation brush. Be sure to blend like crazy!!

This may sound obvious but make sure to get a really good color match. If it doesn't match don't buy it!!

By following these tips my face looks great. I just have to powder my nose and forehead a bit mid day but other than that it looks great. Covers my scars and evens my skintone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been a MAC devotee for a number of years now and had always liked this better than other foundations I've tried. However, recently it's been leaving something to be desired and seems to simply sit on my face, looking cakey and extremely dry instead of doing what it's supposed to like blending in well, setting "into" my skin, and looking dewey. I'm not sure if it's the winter weather striking right now but I have to say, I'm getting disappointed with this product the more time goes by as I use it. In fact, I put it on this morning and within a couple of hours it still looked dry and fake and it made my skin feel oily and dry at the same time so I had to wash it off...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2007 8:03:00 AM More reviews by emuo

This foundation isn't cheap but its worth every penny!
it provides good coverage that, if you use the right amount, will never look 'cakey', and even with my oily skin i don't really need to use powder after.
It can dry out my skin a bit, so i wouldn't recommend it to anyone with dry skin.
The coverage lasts for ages, and it does look natural. if i'm going out i'll use a bit of powder on top to keep my make up in place, and if i do this i don't need to reapply any make up later in the night.
A little goes a long way with this foundation, i bought a bottle 4 months ago and still have half of it left and i've used it everyday!!
the only problem with this foundation is the packaging, the foundation dries around the screw on top, a pump would be much better!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by aliminx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yet again, MAC foundation fails me. I have dry skin, and this stuff just makes me look like some kind of flake monster. It is DEFINITELY not for anyone who has any kind of dry skin. Be warned. I ADORE MAC, but not their foundations. Check out the reviews, ladies and gents, no one should be wearing MAC foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by KelsinaBallerina

I love using this during the summer months (which are fairly long since I live in Vegas) when I'm slightly tan. However, during the winter months every last shade they make is too dark for my face as I have an extremely fair complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Can't say enough good things about SFF! This is my HG foundation and I suspect it'll be my HG for a long, long time. I was using Revlon Color Stay before, but that comes nowhere close to this for coverage. SFF goes on completely even and NC30 matches me perfectly. Sometimes I don't even need powder (this is not chalky or "dead matte" at all, it's more satiny). I think the screw on top is totally inappropriate, but that's my only peeve. DO try this, you'll love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

great coverage. my skin gets red and blotchy and this helps even out tone with excellent, full coverage. one does not even need concealer under it. it is very easy to apply, and one only needs a small amount of product for full, long lasting, coverage. i think it is worth the money. i got it in shade nw20, which i thought would be too dark, but it works out beautifully.

EDIT-- i did switch down at one point to the better, more accurate nw15 fluid, after i noticed a dark mask/line from face to neck... turns out they sold me the wrong one..i am supposed to be nw15...
anyway, i took off a lippie b/c this does tend to oxizide a bit, and have since moved on to Keyvn Aucoin foundation, and stick with KA 98% of the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by DevinGirl83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC foundation. I'm NC42. I eyeballed the color (the staff wasn't painfully helpful) myself & asked to buy it. The salesperson finally came over & announced that she thought it'd be too dark. After a quick swipe with a cotton ball she said that it was a perfect match. HA! It glides on well & gives wonderful medium coverage. I suspect the coverage is buildable, but I only apply enough for a sheer medium finish. The smell is a little odd, but I can deal. I have to buy the pump attachment for this & it'll be perfect perfect perfect! For now I've been applying using my fingertips (yikes) and having no problems. It'd probably be even better w/ a sponge applicator as I didn't have phenomenal results w/ a foundation brush. I'd been using L'Oreal HIP Foundation before & had problems applying blush over the foundation. The blush would darken in various spots on my cheeks. With MAC foundation, my blush applies perfectly. One of the most priciest items of makeup I've ever purchased, but well worth the cost. I'm sold!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2007 10:31:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

I had a bad experience with this. Who besides MAC calls the pink tones "Warm" and the yellow tones "Cool"?!?!? They said since yellow is more olive, and olive is a cool tone on the color spectrum, it's cool, and pink is closer to the warm colors on the color spectrum. Whatever!!! So here is what happened. After talking to a customer rep online, I got the NC20. After ordering it and trying it on it was too yellow so I had to order the NW20. The NW20 was too dark! Shouldn't the "20" mean they be the same in depth/darkness? Product smells horrible (gasoline anyone?) and coverage was medium at best. I am going back to Laura Mercier Oil Free in Blush Ivory. Also the product price went up from when I ordered the first bottle. LAME-O! Another bad thing is the bottle - - no pump and product gets all over the cap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I liked the coverage that I got with this product, but it caused me to break out, more and more after each use. Also I found the chemical smell of it, to be annoying too.