MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 6/25/2007 7:04:00 AM

This is so thick and such heavy coverage. Does not look natural at all.
Maybe if you work in tv this will work.
Not for everyday wear.
I would use if I wanted to look and feel like I was wearing a mask.

on 6/21/2007 11:40:00 PM

This foundation is not that bad....it does have good coverage and has yet to break me out..I have been using it for about 2 weeks. However, if you get oily AT ALL- you may not like this. It is very humid where I live in the summer and this foundation turns into an oil slick in about 3 hours, especially if you are outside at all. If you have even combination skin, I would not recommend this for that reason. If you are very dry, it would probably work.

on 6/20/2007 8:20:00 PM

This is my hg liquid foundation. I never really liked liquids before I found this one. I t doesn't feel oily on my skin, even at the end of the day, and it doesn't break me out and I have very sensitive skin that is very prone to breakouts. I use a foundation brush or the 187 to put it on and I never have any streaks. The color NC15 is a perfect match to my skin which is sooo hard for me to find. Love it!

on 6/13/2007 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Covers well. Matt is the only shortcoming since I more prefer a dewy look. Besides the BA suggests NC25 and now I felt it looks too yellow on my light Asian skin. Will not purchase again and will try Stila, Cliniques, PX, Estee Lauder next time.

on 6/12/2007 11:48:00 PM

....so so mad at this foundation. I got a sample of this just to try cos Im an idiot and didnt think Id be one of the unfortunate ones. I used it for 4 days, the first 3 days my skin looked AMAZING with this stuff on. It made me flawless looking and glowy and everything I wanted. Then I noticed my skin go haywire. ALL OF MY PORES were CLOGGED like no other and there were grainy bumps all over my skin which led to a few (and thank god only a few) breakouts. My skin also got EXTREMELY dry after being semi-oily before. Ive never had dry skin before so this was soooo weird to me. I immediately (after freaking out) threw out the sample, cleaned my brushes, and started on a cleaning freak out. After using Olay's Exfoliator/Face Peel kit AND TONS of Eucerin Cream my skin is back to normal after just 4 days. The bumps are gone, the breakouts are gone, and my skin is no longer super dry. I wish this foundation worked for me but it definetly was the worst thing I couldve done to my face.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this. First of all, I think the makeup artist matched me with the wrong colour. The foundation looked a little dark on me, but if blended well it didn't look too weird. This foundation was a little hard to blend, and while the coverage was wonderful, up close, it looked a little gross and cakey. But my main problem with this foundation was that it broke me out horribly. :(

I took one lippie off for the price and packaging (I prefer squeeze tubes), but beyond that.. I LOVE this foundation! I use it with the Blot Powder, and any of MAC's blushes that I have, plus Fix+ and this stuff stays PUT! It covers beautifully, and doesn't feel heavy or look cakey, but it doesn't look oily either. Perfect. Just perfect! I have some issues blending, but I think that's my brush. I need to invest in the 187, even though I had it before and used it for cheek color and just...HATED it.

on 6/7/2007 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this foundation yesterday and so far, I really like it. The SA/MUA at MAC was really helpful in finding and selecting this for me. I am normally a NC15/NC20 but when she used NW15 in this product on my skin, I was skeptical. I thought the color would look too yellow but alas, when she was done, the color was perfect. The texture is nice, it covers well, but is not too heavy and I like the fact that it is spf 15. I am very pale and burn easily so this is always a plus. I took off one lippie because I wish this came in a pump rather than a screw-off lid.

UPDATE: 10-15-07: I have changed my review from 4 lippies to two because in the 4 months I have used this product,my cheeks have broken out with all these little red bumps. Moreover, my chin is constantly plagued by pimples. I have come to the realization that the cause has to be this foundation. After reading several reviews that state that the foundation caused breakouts, I know for sure it has to be this. I have gone back to my previous foundation to see if my skin gets any better.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this a couple of times in the shade NW15 and it was way too dark for my skin, and quite orangey, which is weird, being that it's supposed to be cool toned. I really wish MAC would come out with some Neutral foundations. Anyway, I liked the coverage, and I loved the feel of the foundation. I applied it with my 187 brush. The only problem is that I don't think it went well with my dry winter skin. I probably wouldn't buy but if the occasion arises I may try a sample again to see if it works well with my summer skin, and I may just get a color match this time. But, I'm not too sure if I'd want to wear this in the heat. So I suppose I'm undecided on this one. Just OK!

on 5/27/2007 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The sunscreen in this is octinoxate. That means that not only does it not protect you from UVA rays, but it actually breaks down any sunscreen with avobenzone and actively damages your skin. DO NOT USE WITH CHEMICAL SUNSCREENS. If you're using physical (zinc oxide or titanium dioxide) you're fine. The product itself is adequate. NW15 matched my pale (though by no means as pale as really pale people) skin pretty well though a little too yellow perhaps, which makes no sense considering that MAC's color selection gives Ws for cool-need warm tones, and Cs for warm, need cool tones. The coverage was quite good. It evened out the redness but did not help with acne scars. I did notice some settling in pores and it may have broken me out. The finish was matte but not excessively so. This is a good foundation that failed on some technicalities. EDIT: I tried it again, and there are a few more things I can point out. First, after a day of wearing this, my skin was the most disgusting oil slick imaginable. Seriously. It was raining during the day. so for a while, I thought I just had rainwater on my face, until I saw that the shine wasn't drying and touched my skin to have my fingers slip on the grease. Very very disgusting. Secondly, the foundation emphasized the flakes on my skin, and it didn't improve with moisturization. Third, by the end of a day of wearing this, I had three new pimples and my old ones were worse. Bottom line: I do not reccomend this at all.