July 30, 2014 | 1976 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2003 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Cipal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my cleansers that I use to wash my face. There is a slight scent to it, but it doesn't bother me at all. It takes all of my make-up off and cleanses my skin. After I rinse and pat dry my skin feels soft and smooth and it feels clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2003 7:11:00 PM More reviews by KioraNZ

Nice cleanser and toner in one. Not too foamy, but just enough. Leaves my face a little moisturized but not tight. I only wish it had a smaller hole in the lid so that too much wouldn't come out at once. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2003 4:56:00 AM More reviews by mithril

Other then Kiehls, this is my favourite cleanser to use. It does everything a cleanser should do without using all the commercial crap most cleansers have in them. It gets rid of all makeup (Minus a little waterproof mascara), clears the pores of dirt and debris and restores the PH of the skin.
All this in an easy to use 'squeezy' bottle. Oh, and it smells delicious too!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2003 1:49:00 AM More reviews by steph1080

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent for gently removing makeup, even mascara. You don't even really have to scrub, just leave it on for a couple of seconds. Unfortunately, it's too harsh for my sensitive skin. It would probably be great for those with normal skin though. I have a couple of friends who swear by this stuff and I can see why, it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2003 6:05:00 PM More reviews by k8folly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great cleanser that removes all makeup and dirt, but doesn't strip the skin. I am combo/sensitive, and this does the trick for me. I foams a little, if you add a few drops of water to it...and I really like the way it smells. Great product. The only improvement would be a pump bottle. Love this cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2003 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When it comes to cleansers, I've tried dozens, both drugstore and department store brands. But so far, this one is the best!
It's pretty gentle - it's not as gentle as Cetaphil (nothing really is) - but it has never dried me out or irritated my skin. And it really "emulsifies" the dirt/grime and cuts through oil. When I use it, it feels like the makeup and dirt just melts away. The best part is that it's clean-rinsing without causing any dryness - no film or residue.
It's the perfect balance - very clean but also very gentle. I keep coming back to this, because it just works. Definitely a HG for me. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2003 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Feigen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Too harsh and drying for my sensitive skin and it stung my eyes like crazy!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2003 1:50:00 AM More reviews by pigpen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I kind of like this cleanser. I got a 60ml bottle of it from swap and this stuff makes me feel it mild. I brought this with me to a 30 day trip and it worked great washing off my makeup. It doesn't really lather a lot but I still feel good using it, especially in those days I have heavy makeup on that I think I need double cleansing. However it takes no part in my regular skincare routine as I found something better in terms of cleansing power than this. Will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2003 11:40:00 AM More reviews by KitKat17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best cleanser ever. First cleanser I've ever used that actually removes mascara the first time around. You have to adjust to it if you are used to "foamy" cleansers because it doesn't bubble-up at all. It's my new favorite skincare product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by mzgrvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was given the Here Comes the Bride gift set at my wedding shower and used all of this product and really noticed a difference in my skin, but when I went to check prices, quickly went back to my Clinique 3 step. I am an avid QVC watcher (very seldom purchacer) and when they had Philosophy's 3 Step System as a TSV, I quickly signed on for the auto ship. I have had the set for a week now and am so HAPPY with the results. My pores are shrinking and with the TSV price good forever, I am going to be using this until, well, a long time. Yeah for Philosophy. Edited 6-10-03, This stuff is amazing, I have been using almost 3 months now and I can tell you that my skin has never been in such great condition. It cleans out everypore, and makes me look great! I have not used up the orginal bottle yet, but have a full one all ready to go when this one gets empty! Amazing stuff.