April 18, 2014 | 1346 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2002 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sedge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think the main reason I have so many lingering little tubs and bottles from Philosophy is the packaging. For some reason, when I had money to burn, those $30.00 little tubs seemed -- chic. Now, I get angry when I think about the time I poured into gathering my selections of Phil. fun. This particular product does less of a thorough job than other gentle cleansers (Cetaphil comes to mind, obviously, as do the Sage products). It doesn't have an overpowering pleasant scent, just a kind of stuffy, slightly fruity waft. It has a nice texture, but that's it. Plus a little does not go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2002 1:01:00 PM More reviews by eiluj44

This is just a perfectly balanced, effective but gentle facial cleanser. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2002 11:40:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this from Sephora and it made my skin break out very badly. Too bad because I was really excited to test it out after hearing all the raves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2002 8:43:00 PM More reviews by CarolynF

I am still floored that I have read reviews where ladies say this did not clean their skin. I politely disagree! I went shopping all day and came home with a full face of make-up and used this for the first time. I used my toner, as usual, after I cleansed and there was barely any kind of trace of ANYTHING on my cotton ball. I love the scent as well. Reminds me of when I used to go for facials every month and the wonderful products that the esthetician used on my face. Seriously, this cleanser rocks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2002 7:23:00 PM More reviews by jenvince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample size of this. It's all right, not a favorite for me. It's very, very gentle - I can definitely understand how a lot of the girls here like it. I don't have sensitive skin, so I look for a stronger cleanser, as I wear a full face of makeup everyday. With this one, after cleansing with it, there was still makeup on the cotton ball after I swiped with toner. This cleanser didn't "clean" my face completely. If you need a gentle cleanser and wear little to no makeup - this would be a good cleanser for you. I personally just need something a little more heavy duty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2002 7:02:00 AM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After being disappointed by Cetaphil, I was wary about using this because it kinda sorta looks like Cetaphil. But an SA gave me a sample, so I gave it a try and major thumbs-up!
It claims to "emulsify" the dirt/grime, and that's what it really seems to do. When I use it, it feels like the makeup and dirt just melts away. It doesn't leave behind any film or residue, either.
It's gentle, and gets my face really clean. A new staple in my bathroom cabinet! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2002 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Colleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. It is gentle, yet it removes my eye makeup. It leaves my skin feeling clean, but not tight. A great cleaser to use during the colder months.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2002 3:05:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I should just put my address here, and when you want to purchase this product you can send me your money. Use water instead, it's just as effective!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2002 7:08:00 PM More reviews by gingersype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this cleanser. I like it because it removes my makeup and is convienent, but I hate it because it doesn't lather and has a weird smell to it. I got this as a freebie from drugstore.com, but I am still on the fence as to buying it myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2002 12:53:00 AM More reviews by KarenPie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser has a very Plain Jane feeling to it, in packaging, scent etc. But it works very well. I have sensitive skin and it didn't irritate my skin at all. I liked that it left my skin feeling very clean but not stripped. Some creamy cleansers leave my skin feeling too greasy, but this one is a lotion cleanser, and it leaves my skin just right. You only need a small amount of it. It doesn't suds up much, but it does the job. Because you don't need much of it, it lasts a long time and so I think it's a good buy. Added note: this takes off eye makeup very well too!! I like that I don't need a separate step for that.