MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 8/7/2007 10:24:00 PM

I have an oily t-zone. This product feels less oily than other foundations out there at the drugstores. However, it still feels oily-- but the Mac consultant told me to put the Blot Powder over it and it works wonderfully. My face doesn't turn oily or greasy when I use the foundation under the Blot Powder. So, definitely grab both of these items together if you have acne prone skin or an oily t-zone. Otherwise, you will probably break out because oils build up no matter how much a brand claims that their products won't break you out. You have to have something that extracts the oils that come out of your pores and the Blot Powder over this foundation definitely does the trick! :)

on 8/6/2007 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this liquid foundation. I'd been using MMU for the past year and a half, but with drier skin, and consistently more flakies (Accutane/Retin-A Micro), i can't getaway with it as easily, no matter how much i moisturize (and i do mean 3 coats of moisture in the AM). So i needed a good liquid MU that would cover my acne scars, is oil free, and doesn't smudge too much. After testing several different brands, this is the one I'm sold on. Of course the coverage could be heavier for me, even though I'm told i don't need it. But it's the best compromise i can come up with. My biggest gripe is the lack of pump on the bottle. I otherwise like it a lot.

on 8/5/2007 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I had a horrible experience with this foundation! Although it gave good coverage, it left my face looking powdery, somewhat cakey-looking. Also, after a few hours, my skin looked insanely shiny with an orange tinge! Not attractive at all! Unlike Select (which matches my skin tone perfectly) it did not make me break out, but I could never manage to look natural with this stuff. I guess MAC foundations and I just don't mix.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just got a sample of this today and I thought this stuff would be great but it actually makes my skin feel dry and doesn't give that best of coverage compared to my Lancome foundation. I have red undertones so I need something that will work for it. I've noticed though that a lot of people who use this foundation are acne prone and I'm not so it may work for you if you're prone to acne. That's just my opinion though.

on 8/3/2007 12:45:00 PM

The coverage is great and even, especially for redness, but it gets darker and bit orangy after 2 hours. Good for night out.

on 7/30/2007 1:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The coverage is amazing and it makes my skin look flawless. The only bad thing is, it breaks me out. If I keep it on all day.. I can actually feel the pimples forming. lol Maybe not the best choice for every day wear.. unless you cleanse and exfoliate daily. But I do always go back to using this foundation. SFF has always been my 1st foundation love and I always make sure to have a bottle on hand. The color selection is amazing and it gives me a great med coverage that lasts all day.

on 7/28/2007 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this, but it isn't my HG yet because it doesnt quite control oil. I have to pair it up with Blot Powder, yet I still risk looking oily at the end of the day. (reminder: im a oily freak)
I like the coverage it gives, and prefer this over the compact. It can get messy, though, because mine doesn't come with a pump, so I have to pour it out onto my brush. Also, its packaging is made of glass. (klutz alert!)
Then again, I like how the glass packaging kinda glams up the whole foundation bottle.

MAC Studio Fix/Fluid NC25.

on 7/26/2007 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Finally, my HG foundation! I've tried Chanel, Clinique, Prescriptives, Laura mercier, lancome, Everyday Minerals, BareMinerals... and this is definetly the one. Everytime I wear it, my face looks flawless. I wear NC42- It evens out my skintone and enhances my yellow undertones without turning me into an orange. I bought the pump from the MAC store and am wasting so much less now! Wears all day- through the hot summers of Texas, and doesn't change color on me. Oily skinned ladies, try this one out!

on 7/24/2007 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've tried a few MAC fx's and never bothered to review them. I had heard the rec's on MUA non-stop so I was excited to try this. My skin, though acne prone, is very clear (thanks to MUA btw) so I found this to be a wee bit heavier than I needed. It also did not keep my oiliness at bay like the SA claimed. Boo! It just wasn't what it was hyped up to be. : (

on 7/22/2007 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got back from the MAC counter yesterday morning & picked up this foundation. I heard good reviews about this and just had to pick one up.
I tried it on when I got home and OH MY GOD. I never thought that I would find my perfect foundation. But this one is seriously amazing. I have the worst skin ever and have acne all over my face, but wearing this stuff made me feel dead sexy. I'm a NC35 btw.
I still had the foundation through the day and even went to bed with it.
The next morning when I woke up I still had it on! The staying power is just great. The coverage is also great.
My brother who always has to make fun of my face told me how great I looked.

Highly recommended!