September 23, 2014 | 1636 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2007 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Naked

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am an NC15, the lightest they have, and its extremely hard to find good foundations in my pale skin color. This may be part of the reason why I like this foundation so much because it seriously is the only foundation that matches perfectly and looks beautiful on my skin. I do agree that the foundation, when left on overnight or perhaps after a sweaty night out on the town, can clog up my pores a little, but all that takes is a little soap and water. Makes me glow, makes me look like a porcelain doll. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Miss_sensuelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Mac's foundation line has made me breakout badly. Its so oily for my combination acne prone skin although the MA's say its noncomedogenic other MA's ive spoken to also complain that it is very acnegenic.I stay away from Mac skin care and foundations. Although i state my other reviews as an Asian NC25, it is just for reference. this color is too yellow for me, starkly yellow i looked so sallow it was completely unnatural.

It does provide high coverage but with very little benefits. IMHO i think this product is very overrated. sorry to be a sourpuss.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2007 7:26:00 AM More reviews by seesheer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cute packaging, fantastic coverage and the exact shade for my skintone. I was more than happy using this in NC25, and it was the perfect foundation for me. Until I started breaking out. I've pinned it down to this, using the process of elimination (dun dun dun!) and I'm honestly sad in saying I can't use my Studio Fix Fluid any more. Until I find a replacement, I'm reluctantly going back to my 'backup' L'Oreal foundation. Not the best, but at least it doesn't make me break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by tania_nia

I bought this because the MA at MAC recommended it because my StuidoFix powder was drying my face out. Some tips to make this work:

You only need a little bit if you smear it all over your face it will look really really bad! Start really small and add more later.

Use a foundation brush. This helps keep the amount small plus the brush helps to melt with the skin.

Moisturize well especially if you have any kind of dry skin and then use a primer (I like MAC's Prep + Prime).

Put it on those areas where you need it then blend with the rest of the skin using the foundation brush. Be sure to blend like crazy!!

This may sound obvious but make sure to get a really good color match. If it doesn't match don't buy it!!

By following these tips my face looks great. I just have to powder my nose and forehead a bit mid day but other than that it looks great. Covers my scars and evens my skintone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been a MAC devotee for a number of years now and had always liked this better than other foundations I've tried. However, recently it's been leaving something to be desired and seems to simply sit on my face, looking cakey and extremely dry instead of doing what it's supposed to like blending in well, setting "into" my skin, and looking dewey. I'm not sure if it's the winter weather striking right now but I have to say, I'm getting disappointed with this product the more time goes by as I use it. In fact, I put it on this morning and within a couple of hours it still looked dry and fake and it made my skin feel oily and dry at the same time so I had to wash it off...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2007 8:03:00 AM More reviews by emuo

This foundation isn't cheap but its worth every penny!
it provides good coverage that, if you use the right amount, will never look 'cakey', and even with my oily skin i don't really need to use powder after.
It can dry out my skin a bit, so i wouldn't recommend it to anyone with dry skin.
The coverage lasts for ages, and it does look natural. if i'm going out i'll use a bit of powder on top to keep my make up in place, and if i do this i don't need to reapply any make up later in the night.
A little goes a long way with this foundation, i bought a bottle 4 months ago and still have half of it left and i've used it everyday!!
the only problem with this foundation is the packaging, the foundation dries around the screw on top, a pump would be much better!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by aliminx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yet again, MAC foundation fails me. I have dry skin, and this stuff just makes me look like some kind of flake monster. It is DEFINITELY not for anyone who has any kind of dry skin. Be warned. I ADORE MAC, but not their foundations. Check out the reviews, ladies and gents, no one should be wearing MAC foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by KelsinaBallerina

I love using this during the summer months (which are fairly long since I live in Vegas) when I'm slightly tan. However, during the winter months every last shade they make is too dark for my face as I have an extremely fair complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Can't say enough good things about SFF! This is my HG foundation and I suspect it'll be my HG for a long, long time. I was using Revlon Color Stay before, but that comes nowhere close to this for coverage. SFF goes on completely even and NC30 matches me perfectly. Sometimes I don't even need powder (this is not chalky or "dead matte" at all, it's more satiny). I think the screw on top is totally inappropriate, but that's my only peeve. DO try this, you'll love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

great coverage. my skin gets red and blotchy and this helps even out tone with excellent, full coverage. one does not even need concealer under it. it is very easy to apply, and one only needs a small amount of product for full, long lasting, coverage. i think it is worth the money. i got it in shade nw20, which i thought would be too dark, but it works out beautifully.

EDIT-- i did switch down at one point to the better, more accurate nw15 fluid, after i noticed a dark mask/line from face to neck... turns out they sold me the wrong one..i am supposed to be nw15...
anyway, i took off a lippie b/c this does tend to oxizide a bit, and have since moved on to Keyvn Aucoin foundation, and stick with KA 98% of the time.