July 25, 2014 | 1824 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2006 11:11:00 AM More reviews by jennystalin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great forumla. Not as thick as you would think, and great coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by seuseu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very oily, this made me oiler. Seems like it stayed on top of my skin. After 2 hours it started to glide off of my skin. Happened to my co worker too. Will stick to Iman or Studio Tech...
UPDATE: I was at the MAC store last week visiting my friends(used to work for MAC), and my friend told me that this had been reformulated. I tried it on, by the time I drove home 3hours later, I had 5 huge painful zits appeared out of nowhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by annemosca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just found this foundation at the MAC counter this past week, and I've been pretty happy with it. The color is a bit yellow for me (NW15) but I do think it covers well and that the yellow counteracts a lot of the redness in my skin (I'm Irish). It blends well, does NOT look cakey (like the Clinique Repairwear that I was wearing before this week). I have a lot to cover on my face (MAJOR discoloration) and this stuff really does the trick. My skin looks completely flawless after using this and a bit of MAC Studio Fix powder (I apply with a brush). I wish it was a bit more glow-ey, but you can't have everything. For now, this is my HG, but I am forever on the hunt for the next best thing.

Oh, I also bought the MAC StudioFix compact creme makeup for touch-ups during the day, but for the most part I have not needed to touch up! Horray! When the westher turns hot again we'll see.....my makeup does tend to sweat off in July. Ugh!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 7:04:00 AM More reviews by puglover86

Wow!! This foundation is amazing. The coverage is perfect because it can be sheer or provide really good coverage if applied with a brush. This foundation stays fresh for a really long time and really evens out skin tone. There is a huge range of shades, and it leaves skin moisturized, yet not greasy. Unlike a lot of foundations, it doesn't cake up or dry skin out. Also, it provides a matte, yet natural finish. With this foundation I don't have to wear powder and it looks like I'm not even wearing foundation. I would recommend applying this with a brush since it really gives a natural and flawless appearance. The best foundation ever!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2006 1:27:00 AM More reviews by squeakers

This is my favorite MAC liquid foundation so far (I've tried Face & Body, Hyper Real, Select SPF 15, and Select Tint.) I use one pump applied with the 187 brush and it covers wonderfully and lasts all day. The color does run dark and yellow, I use NW15. Hopefully they will reformulate the shades at some point. I will repurchase this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2006 9:36:00 PM More reviews by minnieme301

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was great for my combo, acne-prone skin. It doesn't look dewey and wet, nor does it look too matte and flakey. Offers great coverage; I didn't even have to use any concelaer after applying this, which is impressive considering I have a dark scar on my nose. Once I put it on in the morning, I stays put and I don't have to worry about it at all until I wash it off at night, unlike the Clinique stay-matte powder I used to use. The application is pretty easy too, though it would be more convenient to have a pump on the bottle and I didn't have to apply it with a sponge, but I'm used to being the easy, portable efficiency of powder foundations. Even so, I haven't really had any problems, though this is my forst liquid foundation. You just ave to spread it quickly, or else it will dry and become difficult. The only thing is that the colour is the slightest bit too red for my face (I got NW 43), however, I've never gotten anything that matches perfeectly, or better than this for that matter, so I think I'll keep it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by platinumrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using Prescriptives Custom Blend for 20 years (I am a hard color match) I went into MAC with my daughter and love this foundation. Not only is the color perfect but the coverage is perfect. Thank you MAC for saving me money!!!! With this product I am now saving so much money not having to be custom blended.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by pkbamara

I start using it after i returned the other studio fix foundation from MAC the one which comes n a tube because i got some serious acne from it.
This one doesn't give me really good looking skin as the other one did but at least not the same acne also.
i wear this foundation only once in a while and i always noticed few pimple after this which not as bad as 3,4 months of acne which i received from the other one.
i mix it with clinique's DDML before applying it on my skin and because i that i got very easy application. Some times i look flaky but usually i am fine with this product.
It’s not world's best foundation but since it match with my skin well i think i will buy it again but not because of the quality because of the match.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by pkbamara

it was my first foundation that i got as a gift and i loved the way it made my skin looked fresh and healthy but after few days i started to nottice pimples on my skin and after that i had 3,4 horrible months of red, flacky pimpled skin.
i hate this product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by DubsBelle

UPDATE: Feb/14/08 I have officially given up on MAC foundations. Yuck yuck yuck. I guess I was in denial that this *wasn't* breaking me out, but I eventually came to my senses. I have tried, MAC's select foundation, face & body, studio fix compact, and studio fix fluid- ALL caused me to break out. I have found a better match in Makeup Forever's Mat Velvet+ which holds up to my oily skin much, much better, looks 10x more natural and doesn't break me out. S'long MAC foundations!

Color: Warm, Asian Skin tone, medium-golden-light
Foundations I have tried: (NC40)Mac, 80 contour (Chanel), Medium Beige/summer intensive (Everyday Minerals), 060 (Shiseido), Golden Beige (Laura Mercier), Lancome Tient Idole, Estee Lauder Double wear

I've tried many foundations but I always go back to my beloved MAC. I can't find any other foundation that covers just the right amount, gives me a perfect color match and has a GREAT price tag. MAC does all this and more. Before using Studio Fix Fluid, I used Select SPF 15 liquid. But I love this WAY more!
PROS:

- A little goes a long way

- Covers marks well with just a tiny amount

- Finish looks natural

- Matte but not deathly matte

- TRUE velvety, smooth, airbrushed look

- Holds up to sweat longer than most MAC liquid foundations

- Doesn't melt off like other MAC foundations

- Hasn't broken me out (my skin is sensitive)

- Affordable for the higher end foundations

CONS:

- Needs to come with a pump

- Definitely not transfer/smudge resistant

I LOVE IT! By the way...ANY foundation can look cakey if applied the wrong way. Apply this in LAYERS (sponge). GREAT results! Definitely the BEST MAC liquid foundation thus far :)

continued >>