October 22, 2014 | 1062 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2003 2:08:00 PM More reviews by lalalab

I bought this product all excited and I have had the worst reaction ever to it. My entire face is burning and red and swollen. It's so painful- I'm so upset

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2003 11:32:00 AM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm sure this cleans the face, but it also made me dry and itchy...and I don't have sensitive skin. On top of that, I can't stand the smell. It lingers in my nose forever! Everything else from philosophy smells nice, why does this have to be so terrible?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2003 1:38:00 PM More reviews by krdickson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As a former Laszlo/Bobbi Brown/ La Mer/Clinique/Mac user I can truly say I have found my HG of cleansers. It cleans every spec of makeup off my face. I followed up with a toner and there was NOTHING on the cotton ball. I love this cleanser for the simplicity, the price and the fact that it does what it says it will do. UPDATE: I only thought it cleaned every spec of makeup off my face. I used a toner once and saw all of the residue. Still in search of my HG cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2003 2:57:00 AM More reviews by BittyB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far, this has been a pretty good cleanser for my combo skin. It does remove all my makeup including mascara and black eyeliner in one washing. Not too drying and has a light smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2003 10:47:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was surprised how gentle this cleanser is on my skin. It doesn't irritate it at all, which is a problem I have with liquid cleansers. My only complaint is the strong herbal smell. While scented cleansers do not usually bother me, this particular one does not sit well with me. *EDIT* After about two weeks of using this, I started to break out horribly. After switching back to my cetaphil bar, everything cleared up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2003 4:36:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay...I have been using real purity for about 2 months now.. (replacing my DHC cleansing oil) I have to give a good review because it really does remove makeup and is truely a ONE STEP cleansing and toner product. I tested it after cleansing with a toner and sure enough, there is no makeup "left over" on my face :) so I am happy with it :) It is on the "pricer" side with $20 /8 oz but I only use a little bit (dime size) nite and day. So it is lasting a good while for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2003 4:30:00 PM More reviews by suz25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I was first diagnosed with rosacea the biggest challenge was finding a cleanser that really dissolved make-up, left my skin feeling clean but not tight, and did not irritate.
I have dry skin and I was surprised at how well it worked. I don't waste my money on eye-makeup remover anymore. Purity doesn't lather up it but is the next best thing to a nice foaming face wash, which is usually off-limits for my dry sensitive skin. I can't use toners and don't miss them anymore.
A great alternative to those creamy cleansing lotions that are usually recommended to those of us with dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2003 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Rachey

I thought I would love this when I first started using it, it cleaned my makeup off very well and did not dry out my skin. But the more I used it, as a previous reviewer mentioned, my skin broke out. I stopped using it and tried it again about two months later to see if it was the product or maybe just that time period I used it but the same thing happened again. My skin is not particularly sensitive but this product just makes me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2003 7:28:00 PM More reviews by cleo110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this cleanser. It is very gentle, lightly scented, and will totally remove all your makeup with ease and without stinging your eyes. A definite staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2003 12:04:00 PM More reviews by christaann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great cleanser for my normal/combination skin--I love to use it in the winter because it doesn't leave my skin feeling dried-out like so many other cleansers do when it's cold out! I think the texture is excellent and it dissolves makeup and residue away. I also love the soft, slightly "green" scent.