December 18, 2014 | 1749 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2003 12:01:00 AM More reviews by scarlettallison1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is now called Purity Made Simple. This is the perfect face-wash. Defininte HG. It cleans well, smells refreshing, and is gentle on my skin. I love the fact that it removes eye makeup, so I justify the cost by telling myself that I won't have to buy eye makeup remover (or toner!) in addition to this cleanser. If you wet your face first, you don't need to use much Purity Made Simple (new name), and you can work up a light, foamy lather. A large bottle lasts for about 6 months, which is a long time for me because I wash my face at least twice a day. Definitiely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2003 12:32:00 PM More reviews by pickypuppy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow. I have SEVERELY dry skin that is very sensitive. It is almost impossible for me to find a cleanser that doesn't give me a rash, or leave my skin feeling ever drier than pre-cleansing. Purity Made Simple is extremely gentle and soothing. It removes all of my makeup easily and leaves my face feeling refreshed - kind of that after a facial feeling of new, happy skin. I'm in love - this is my new favorite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2003 11:31:00 AM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really, really like this cleasner! I thought that perhaps it wouldn't leave my skin feeling clean OR it would aggrivate my skin in some way, but it hasn't. Actually since I have been using it (about 1.5 weeks now), my skin LOOKS better than it has a quite a while. Purity removes every trace of my make-up and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight at all. It doesn't have the 'best' of scent, but it is a heck of a lot better than the Cetaphil Oil/Combo cleanser that I had been using. Actually, I am pretty impressed with Philosophy products in general. :o)

UPDATE 7-29-07: Okay, so I used this product off and on many times over the years since I first reviewed it. In all... it's a decent cleanser that doesn't do a whole lot except remove make-up. For the past three years I've been on a RAM/Differin/Benzaclin regimine and I definitely CANNOT use this anymore... leaves my skin feeling waaaay too dry after a wash. Price is still good for the quantity that you get in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2003 8:07:00 PM More reviews by apples

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product has been renamed Purity Named Simple, and it's wonderful. First of all, all traces of makeup, including stubborn mascara, vanish, leaving my face squeaky clean. Secondly, my face is left soft. I don't even feel like I need moisturizer (although I do usually use the Hope in a Jar). Thirdly, it doesn't sting my eyes, which often happens with other cleansers. This is the best facial cleanser I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2003 11:21:00 PM More reviews by satchiesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love,love,love this cleanser. Gets rid of all the makeup and gunk without drying the skin. It is a great product, you should try it, you'll like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2003 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cclark02

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wanting to try this product but have hesitated since the reviews have been good and bad. But I just bought this a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT! I have been looking for the HG cleanser and I have found it. I have very oily skin and this cleanser works great for me. It takes off all my make up and doesn't break me out. In fact I feel that it has helped my skin. And that says alot, since I think I have tried just about everything and I am very picky with my skin care.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2003 10:38:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like some other reviewers have said, I feel this product is nothing special as well. I, too, was influenced from the QVC broadcast of Philosophy and purchased some of its products. This cleanser is chock full of oils, but it is not greasy. It does do a good job of removing makeup, but I don't feel as if it toned my skin or did anything different than Cetaphil. Cetaphil is much cheaper and in my opinion, works just as good.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2003 12:15:00 PM More reviews by imbt

Sorry, I admit it...I got caught up in the QVC thing last week-end on Philosophy and went flying to my department store to purchase the whole line. Thank God I got stopped at just buying the cleanser. This is truly nothing special. Don't waste your money, and always check out the MUA reviews!! I will stick with my Shesiedo Foam (been using it for too many years to confess!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2003 4:57:00 PM More reviews by shaunie7

I started using Purity about 2 months ago after a recommendation from my mother...I love it! My face has NEVER been as clear & soft. After I wash my face with this ( Morning & evening ) I never want to put makeup on because my face feels that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2003 2:50:00 PM More reviews by saflat

I love this cleanser!! It takes all my eyemake off instantly, does not burn my eyes and makes my skin feel so fresh!! MY HG used to be Chanel's Gel Tendre - now this is! I have combo skin- this does not dry me out and skin is left feeling clean.