October 2, 2014 | 990 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2003 4:36:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay...I have been using real purity for about 2 months now.. (replacing my DHC cleansing oil) I have to give a good review because it really does remove makeup and is truely a ONE STEP cleansing and toner product. I tested it after cleansing with a toner and sure enough, there is no makeup "left over" on my face :) so I am happy with it :) It is on the "pricer" side with $20 /8 oz but I only use a little bit (dime size) nite and day. So it is lasting a good while for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2003 4:30:00 PM More reviews by suz25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I was first diagnosed with rosacea the biggest challenge was finding a cleanser that really dissolved make-up, left my skin feeling clean but not tight, and did not irritate.
I have dry skin and I was surprised at how well it worked. I don't waste my money on eye-makeup remover anymore. Purity doesn't lather up it but is the next best thing to a nice foaming face wash, which is usually off-limits for my dry sensitive skin. I can't use toners and don't miss them anymore.
A great alternative to those creamy cleansing lotions that are usually recommended to those of us with dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2003 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Rachey

I thought I would love this when I first started using it, it cleaned my makeup off very well and did not dry out my skin. But the more I used it, as a previous reviewer mentioned, my skin broke out. I stopped using it and tried it again about two months later to see if it was the product or maybe just that time period I used it but the same thing happened again. My skin is not particularly sensitive but this product just makes me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2003 7:28:00 PM More reviews by cleo110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy this cleanser. It is very gentle, lightly scented, and will totally remove all your makeup with ease and without stinging your eyes. A definite staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2003 12:04:00 PM More reviews by christaann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great cleanser for my normal/combination skin--I love to use it in the winter because it doesn't leave my skin feeling dried-out like so many other cleansers do when it's cold out! I think the texture is excellent and it dissolves makeup and residue away. I also love the soft, slightly "green" scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2003 11:13:00 PM More reviews by THARA

The verdict is still out on this one. I've been using it now for 2 weeks and it sort of broke me out ( I think ). I know I should give my skin some time to get used to this product, but I can't see risking zits. The product is nice though..no smell ( very very faint)...and easy to use. Gets the dirt and makeup off easily and doesn't strip my skin. One more week and if this and if this doesn't pan out , I'm switching to HABA.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2003 9:43:00 PM More reviews by kkdallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a standard, foaming cleanser. It dissolves all of my makeup nicely but does leave my normal skin feeling tight afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2003 11:50:00 AM More reviews by LisaChristofferson

Purity Made Simple is one of my favorite cleansers. I have oily skin and this removes all my makeup but doesn't strip my skin. It is a bit expensive considering that Johnson and Johnson Head to Toe Baby Wash works just as well, but I'm a big fan of Philosophy products. I've purchased this cleanser several times and have had no problems with breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2003 1:09:00 AM More reviews by circe2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This made me break out like crazy. and I NEVER break out.And it smells absolutely horrific . i am tossing this out!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2003 3:30:00 PM More reviews by MACnificent

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser has been wonderful for my combo skin! I am an oil slick everywhere except around my mouth and chin, which are so dry they tend to be scaley. This cleanser cleans my makeup off completely (no more racoon eyes, yay), and after I pat my face dry I almost don't need a moisturizer. My face is soft and looks smooth and clear. I've been using it for a week now, and already my face texture seems to be smoothing out, looking more creamy and no pimples. I just wish that it wasn't $20 for a bottle of this stuff. Too expensive! And the smell, I can live without, too. It's not too strong, but still unpleasant. But, still a good product IMO!