Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 12/19/2008 10:55:00 PM

In comparison to my other Maybelline XXL Curl Power and my L'Oreal Voluminous, its pretty decent. 9x the volum, i think not, but good volume, yes. Two coats of this stuff, and my lashes were clump free and very pretty. I have noticed the smell other reviewers have mentioned, but it doesnt really bother me that much. I got this in glam black, and the color is really a dark black. It doesnt lengthen like I would like it to, but then again its not really a lengthing mascara, so i really cant complain.
I purchased this mascara in a package, along with a two colored shadow duo, a waterproof liquid eyeliner, and a expert eyes makeup remover all in a nice clear makeup bag from maybelline, all for 9.98 at my local walmart. Yes ALL of that. I was STOKED!
But for the mascara alone, its about $7-$8, so i really think I got a good deal.
Overall, its an awesome alternative for a mascara that gives beautiful volume, a little length, and clump free lashes.
Recommend & will I repurchase? Yes!

on 12/18/2008 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I think this is decent. i still prefer my 2000 calorie, but i find this to be better than the three other DS mascaras I have tried in the past year. All I really need is my Longcils bonzca, and I am in business, that stuff is the real deal. Doesn't even matter which mascara i use it with. I think the yellow purple big ass packaging just suckered me right in! im dumb......

on 12/18/2008 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this on my sister's recommendation and love this mascara. I have long lashes so this lengthens them even more in addition to adding volume (not 9 times but it does a pretty good job). The only drawback is it makes me lashes hard so I'm going to add a mascara conditioner before applying this product. Thus far, the best DS mascara I have found and was a Loreal Voluminous fan for years.

on 12/16/2008 4:25:00 PM

I was already a big fan of Volum Express, but Colossal is even better! I use Glam Black, which I believe is the darker of the two shades. At any rate, it's a very dark true black. It's definitely more volumizing than regular Volum Express or Turbo, but it's still not as dramatic as, say, CG Lash Blast. It's thin enough that I can apply several coats without much clumping, though sometimes I do have to pinch off tiny clumps from the tips. I apply this over a coat of Shiseido Mascara Base, so I can't comment on how well it holds a curl. I don't really know what the oversized brush is supposed to do -- it doesn't seem to work better than your standard mascara brush -- but I don't really mind it. My only complaint is the strong scent -- kind of like chemically flowers. But I don't notice it for very long, so no biggie. I still think Lash Blast is the best mascara I've tried to date, but this is a great mascara for daytime. Best of all, drugstores often have BOGOF Maybelline sales, so I've already stocked up!

on 12/16/2008 2:21:00 AM

This is my favorite mascara of the moment! I've tried a few mascaras from HE to D/S, and this is at the top of my list so far! It's even better than voluminous or diorshow for me. It volumizes, lengthens and fans out my lashes (which I really really like about this) without any clumps or flaking. The formula is more on the wet side which I prefer esp. since the brush is so big, unlike how diorshow (which also has a huge brush) is too dry and led me to clumps and flaking. The smell doesn't bother me at all - I barely notice it once it's on. Would I repurchase? Unless I find another mascara identical to this that could lengthen a little more, YES! In fact, I have repurchased already =)

on 12/16/2008 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I didn't think I liked this mascara at first, so put it aside & started using something else. A few weeks later I tried it again & found it really did make my lashes look thicker & longer. I grew to love it & have repurchased 3 tubes already (I throw out mascara very frequently). I've read several reviews complaining about the scent. It was pretty much imperceptible to me, so not an issue.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is pretty much my perfect mascara. Gives me super length and volume (I used to think L'oreal's voluminous was the queen of volumizing mascaras, but it has been de-throned by Colossal) the best I've ever gotten from a mascara. No weird clumps or spider lashes. True black color. Removes easily with my Olay Facials. Not expensive. In summary, the perfect mascara. :)

on 12/15/2008 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Grr.. The brush just slaps on mascara EVERYWHERE. Way too big to be used legally.
Pretty okay for volume, not astounding in any way, shape, or form.
The actual formula kind of smells like floor cleaner... hmm could it be a rip off.....? >.<
Makes straight lashes straighter, and curled lashes go droopy on you.
Oh and it flakes like dandruff! eew.. i know.
I really wouldn't buy this again but the product is cheap enough for some people to experiment (i got mine for 6-8$)
so good luck!

on 12/15/2008 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this on a whim. (I normally used Kanebo but it's EXPENSIVE) and I'm on my third day of using it and I really like it so far. I love that it doesn't clump up my lashes. Instead, it feathers them out really nicely.
For the price, it's really good.

on 12/15/2008 4:43:00 AM

The price was awesome! I got 2 for $6 and gave one to my friend. The product is allll right. It's better than I had expected. It does give me length and volume. However, it does not hold curl. I have Asian lashes that don't hold curl in the first place. This totally flattens my curl. But it washes off really easily and I do like the color. I do love the volume and the length I get from this though. I'd probably buy it again if I can't find a better drug store mascara