October 24, 2014 | 1525 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 8:16:00 AM More reviews by beautyphoebs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

hey everyone!
thanks so much for this, it's sooooooooo cheap!
im so gonna get this for christmas!!
i just put it on my wishlist!
xx

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by meiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually like this one. I'm giving it 4 lippies. I haven't noticed any spider leg effect or flakiness. Works fine for me. I mean there are much expensive yet worse products which claim to be the best. I think it is a pretty good for the price. I've yet to try the orange one from Covergirl so I can't compare this with it but I'd love to. (After I try that one =) )

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by roxannet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was ambivalent about this mascara at first. For one thing, it smells. It smells like roses. Secondly, it dries on your lashes pretty fast and the package recommends building it quickly rather than letting it dry between coats. BUT----- this morning my husband (who doesn't notice anything about me unless I am naked) asked me, "Why the **** are you wearing false eyelashes to work??" Yahoo!!! So, while the scent can be cloying, the end result is absolutely worth it. I will purchase again.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by dinyell

To the point: buy Cover Girl Lash Blast instead of this mascara. This one flakes BIG TIME! I had to take my contacts out and wash them and wash this off of my eyes... it was TERRIBLE! Plus I didn't notice any difference in "Volum" after using this... waste of 5 bucks! Lash Blast is WAY better!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by colleenwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best mascara I have ever used!! I have tried everyone under the sun from super expensive to drug store brands and this one ROCKS! Lengthens great, thickens great and stays on great even though I use the non-waterproof. Really makes my lashes look full. Doesn't fell heavy and holds up! LOVE IT!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by jjj3663

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just like other reviewers, the smell seems a bit odd. I just end up holding my breath while applying.

I like the bristle, the plastic seems to grip the product well, and it's big. But It's not an all in one product, it does not really lengthen; but does a great job at volumizing the lashes. Combined with the zig-zag motion, the product sticks on, and it's smudge proof. So I just use another lengthening product with fiber to lengthen.

EDIT: Although it gives nice volume. But it's not at all water-resistant/proof. A bit of water droplet or snow will cause black smudges. So, I lippie down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 2:53:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

After trying the popular LashBlast, I decided to give The Colossal a shot. In my opinion, the effects are comparable. The LashBlast lengthens more than it thickens and the Colossal thickens more than it lengthens. I mostly look for volumizing mascaras so I do like the Colossal. The scent doesn't really bother me too much, but i wish it didn't linger on my lashes long after it has dried. Its not a bad smell, but I prefer my mascaras to be scentless. It doesn't hold curl as much as I would like, but it doesn't make my stubborn lashes fall, so thats a plus. One of the best things about this mascara is the design of the packaging and the wand. I actually prefer this wand over the LashBlast's rubber one, I feel like it coats my lashes more evenly and gets every single lash.
I actually got this in a holiday 2-pack special for 5.99 at Target. So I got two tubes for the price of one. I don't think I'll repurchase because I think 2 tubes is plenty.

EDIT: I don't know what I was thinking when I first reviewed this item, but I have now bumped it up to the 5 lippies it deserves. I know I said I probably wouldn't repurchase, but I have recently and I've fallen in love with it. I don't know if its the constant stream of crappy mascaras I've been trying lately, but I've really come to appreciate the drama and volume that this gives me. This is one of my top 5 favorite mascaras next to Loreal Carbon Black Telescopic, Loreal Carbon Black Voluminous, Stila Major Major Lash and Clinique Lower Lash Mascara. This is a great mascara, go get it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by tracita

The smell is a bit odd but it doesn't bother me...I don't like this on it's own but over Shiseido's Mascara Base, it's not too bad...flakes a little but nothing major...I like the brush...wouldn't buy again--too many others to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by apirro

My new favorite mascara. Make my lashes long and full. love love love

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by DodgerDasher

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Maybelline mascara, Great Lash and Volum' Express are my standbys. So I thought I'd try this, and what do you know, I love it! It gives my lashes tons of volume and length without flaking or getting clumpy. I simply love this stuff.