November 28, 2014 | 1207 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was in desperate need of a full coverage foundation. I had used the powder version previously, but I had switched to MMU for the better match and overall glow. My skin was blotchy and breaking out terribly and I needed something heavier than MMU. The MAC MA was GREAT and did a really good job applying the foundation on me when I was matched. I have to mention that the skin on my face and my neck tend to be different colors - my neck more yellow and my face more pale and neutral. As many have mentioned, SFF tends to be extremely yellow, and even on my pale Asian skin, it is a bit too deep and yellowy. However, it matches my neck pretty well. When I applied this myself, I made the mistake of putting on WAY too much and it just ended up looking like a disgusting yellow mask on me. The MA recommended I use a brush to prevent bacteria growth, and I do like applying with a brush. The trick is shake up the bottle, and touch my brush gently to the layer of foundation that sits on top of the hole. Apply lightly, sheer it out, and repeat. This foundation is really good for building up coverage. I've invested in a pump, and I recommend that everyone do so.

Edit: After playing with my foundations in natural light, I don't think the color is a good match for me. It looks orangey for some reason :( Also, it is hard to work with and hard to blend evenly... not good if you have any flaky areas. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by kayce_j

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used this everyday for work a year ago. It was alright, not spectacular, but far better than other liquid foundation I've tried. Did not break me out and application was superb with the Lancome Foundation Brush. I don't use it much anymore because I use MMU, but I break it out once in awhile on special occassions when I need heavier coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by kpvl0607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought NC40 for my golden to yellow skin... i wanna love this foundation but it broke me out badly.. I rili like the color.. doesnt make me pale or orangey.. my friends commented how my skin color looks naturally asian.. but after 3 days.. they commented on the 3 cystic acne sitting on my cheeks.. bad MAC.. id give this to my worst enemy.. hahaa. sometimes when my skin is well-behaved. i eman no breakouts at all. i use it on special ocasions like party, reunion...coz i really wana like it.. but after my agenda.. id remove it like crazy coz the foundation is too strong.. the smell itself would make your spine chill.. smells like burned rubber to me.. Oh MAC.. wish my skin likes you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 6:32:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

I didnt actually buy this - i had numerous colours tested on my face and was given quite a generous sample by the MAC SA. Pros: Flattering matte finish foundation with medium/full coverage if this is what you are looking for (i prefer lighter coverage and more of a semi-matte velvet finish).It is reasonably priced for a foundation, considering the amount needed. Cons: I could not get a colour match in this stuff (i havent tried any other mac foundations- yet), the SA tried nc/nw 15 through 25 and none of them match! The biggest problem is the over yellow-ness or pinkness rather than the lightness of the shades as i am quite fair but olive-neutral. This also makes my skin look dull due to the serious matte-ness, even the MAC SA noted that it is very matte and that she wears strobe cream to counter this a little. Another note, I didnt have any allergic reactions, which i am prone to with foundations- although i didnt give it a full day of wear as i was so unhappy with the colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2007 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Periwinkle28

I love this foundation! I battle to find a great match that's not too pink or orange (I use NW25). I have dark circles and acne scars and this covers them all and makes me look flawless without being too thick or cakey. As soon as I changed to this, people started telling me I was looking 'healthy and happy' (yay!). It lasts all day and doesn't start to feel oily and grimy by lunch time like a lot of others I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2007 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Freshrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin type: Oily blemished, large pores.

My skin color: Asian medium toned, yellow based.

Foundations prior to SFF: Revlon Colorstay w/ Softflex in Warm Golden.
Covermark Basic Formula in E9.

Current Studio Fix Fluid: NC37.

I have a problem with color coz my face is darker than my neck so I needed a really natural yellow foundation without ending up orange or ashy. Due to the warm and humid environment, I tend to perspire half the time. I really appreciated Colorstay's excellent oil control and staying power but Warm Golden was still too pink for my own good.

I thought I would give MAC's SFF a shot after failing to get a good color from Estee Lauder Doublewear. The Make-up Artist had a good eye and gave me NC37 which is a great match. Using 190 brush, he created a very pleasant finish and I was like OMG. I quickly bought SFF, 190 brush, the brush cleanser and the Make-up Artist actually gave me a pump dispenser for my SFF NC37. Good chap.

I like the light-medium coverage and the soft natural matte finish (almost like second skin). This is a double edged sword though, it means that with the more natural finish, the coverage is lesser than Colorstay, making it less forgiving for blemishes and marks. Although it's not water or smudge proof like Colorstay, it still does seem to have decent staying power, especially after I perspired and dabbed my face with the tissue. There was almost no color rubbed off on my tissue.

So 1 Lippie off for not being a powerhouse like Colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_Capri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation but I dont love it. I seems to work best on normal to oily/very oily skins.
At first, this did not work when I applied it directly onto my skin. It dried my skin out something horrible. I find it goes on best when applied over MAC's Oil Control Lotion or a any other light oil-free moisturizer.
Second, use a tiny tiny drop and then spread either with fingers or foundation brush. If you use too much this will look like a mask.
Third, I had to rethink my concealer over foundation method with this foundation because it did not work either. If you need concealer, it works best when applied under this foundation, not over. The reason for this is because this foundation dries very quickly and when you put a blob of concealer on top it will look obvious, cakey and just plain ugly.
Last, setting this with a powder will make it last ages and give a beautiful airbrush finish, as well as buffing away the masky look making it look more natural.
I think everyone should invest in a foundation pump for this, otherwise you are stuck with the risk of pouring too much out.
Overall this is a great foundation, long lasting, beautiful finish, and does not break me out, looks natural (not too oily, not too matte). Will repurchase.
Edit: I love love love this foundation. It's lasted me ages because you only need a tiny amount to spread over entire face. When I say tiny, I mean smaller than a pea size! Also, over my Cetaphil moisturizer it looks absolutely FAB!!! I was going to purchase the Select SPF but now I'm really thinking I might not since this is working so well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

This foundation is fantastic!!! I put off buying this, but after reading some good reviews here, I caved! So glad I did, too! People are right about the colors, though. I find that Studio Fix Fluid runs darker than the Select Foundation, and I had to go a shade lighter- from NC30 to NW25- for a PERFECT match. I think this is MAC's best foundation formula yet! My skin looks great with this foundation, and the color is a perfectly natural match on me. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! It lasts all day and doesn't streak, fade, or settle into any creases on my face! MAGNIFICENT!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :o) continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by semarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this when it first came out. I was first matched to nc25- then I thought it looked too light, so I got it in nc30- which is close but not exact. I liked the wear- but sadly, I broke out from this. I haven't been able to wear any of mac's liquid/cream foundations because they make me break out. I will stick to Bobbi Brown, Prescriptives, Nars, and Chanel.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by enidcomplex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first MAC anything, and I'm sad to say I'm disappointed. I bought this at an outlet for $17, and I was so excited - NC15 is the closest color match I've ever found to my skin color. However, after using this for three weeks, I have yet to be pleased with the results. I have dry skin, but usually some moisturizer is all I need to keep my face smooth under my makeup. With this, my skin felt smooth to the touch but looked extremely dry and patchy. This gives me such an uneven, rough complexion. I can't reccommend this.