October 25, 2014 | 1684 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2007 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MkChic

This is my first mac foundation, and i liked it a lot at first when the SA put it on me with the 188 brush. Well, i felt sort of heavy, which i don't like, but i'm not really used to the full-faced makeup thing anyways :). However, it's great for places that need extra coverage (large pores on my nose), but maybe not enough for pimples. it has great staying power. i got nc30 and it's a tad to dark but the SA (and I) thought the nc25 was too light, so i won't be buying this again. (btw, the 188 didn't seem to blend it too well when i tried it at home because the consistency is so thick and the 188 seems too "soft") hth someone!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lotusblossom2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have combination, acne-prone skin. This foundation did not blend easily for me, clogged my pores, and oxidized within a couple hours. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2007 1:22:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently purchased StudioFix Fluid and I really like it. I have been using Studio Fix and Studio Tech and Moisture Blend in the winter. I thought I'd switch things up especially since I go through a compact of foundation once a month. I think this bottle should really last longer. I use my 190 brush to apply and it looks really smooth. I like full coverage so this one is just right. I do find that days that I skip my prep and prime, I don't like my look as much. I see a big diference in how my foundation goes on and ultimately looks. Not loving the bottle so much. It's hard to get the foundation out. I'll have to see about getting a pump. The price is right. I 'm with Mac pro so I only pay 15.00 usd for it. I'll purchase again for sure.

I'm NW20 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 2:05:00 AM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC did a great job in creating this foundation, created yellow based shades finally. Its a very good match to GA foundations I have used-- which I find myself mixing their silk with matte to get the right texture. MAC's provides medium coverage, buildable and longwearing. It applied like a dream, not too slick and no flakies. I am a NC25-30 in winter and NC35 in summer. No strange orange cast-thank goodness. I haven't broken out or had an allergic reaction to this, will see how it holds up in the summer though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Cbeara

I've been using this foundation for a few months now and I really like it. I used to use the Matte foundation and it was great, lightweight, natural looking and did a great job of controling oil. Studio fix fluid is much thicker but the coverage is fantastic! it covers up all the reddness in my face and it seems to skim over my pores and makes them dissapear...I love that! Also NW15 is a perfect match for my pale skin so even though it is covering up so much it doesn't look cakey or thick or fake. It does a pretty good job at controling oil too, at the end of the day when my face is oily (b/c nothing can stop it) all I have to do is blot and my makeup looks great. This foundation really doesn't go anywhere, it's almost like it sticks to the skin and the oil floats on top, not like some other make up that forms an oily-make up sludge (I'm looking at you BE) The only issue I have is that sometimes it seems a little too thick and it can be hard to blend, and you need to work fast or it will dry before you can get it completely blended. For the most part though I think this is a great foundation and I will be repurchasing when I run out. Oh, make sure you buy the pump otherwise you will get it everywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by femmedecoeur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love so many things about the Studio Fix Fluid: the excellent rosacea coverage I get with just 1 layer, the pretty finish, the staying power, no cakey/maskey fake look (it looks like I am wearing makeup, but in a sophisticated way rather than clownlike way), but unfortunately the colors of Studio Fix Fluid do not match the Select SPF 15 colors.

I will have to update when I try Studio Fix Fluid in a different shade, because if only the color matched, this would be my HG foundation!

My 34 yr old combination skin perfectly matches NC30/NC37 in Select, but NC30 in Studio Fix Fluid is WAY too dark. Side by side, the Studio Fix Fluid NC30 is not only much darker than the Select SPF NC30, but seems to be a deeper orange/yellow shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2007 7:37:00 AM More reviews by karinmun

In terms of coverage, this is a great foundation, you barely need concealer with this. But it is a heavy foundation, almost mask-like. It does look better when buffed with the MAC 187 brush. And you don't need to set with powder, it doesn't feel sticky or greasy when it dries. I really don't encourage using powder on top of this, because it will look really heavy and make your features look too evened out and 'flat'. The color (NC30) might be a tad too yellow. I don't use this foundation regularly, and I don't think I'd recommend using it daily, since it tends to give me a pimple now and then.
Overall, not bad, but not great either. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2007 5:46:00 AM More reviews by CombinationSkin

You either like this foundation, or you dont. There is no middle. First, I have combination skin (dry cheeks, dry around the lips, oily t zone), acne prone skin, lots of acne scars, lots of massive acne on cheeks.

I highly highly do not recommend this foundation to people of dry skin. Even with a primer (I used Mac strobe), even with a thin layer of moisturizer underneath (I used Shesido), the dryness shows when the foundation is applied over dry skin.
Also, I have noticed that the foundation DOES give me more acne. I read MUA before purchasing this, and I did read the "this gave me breakouts" notes. But I took a chance and thought maybe it wouldn't apply to me. I was wrong.

I have the yellow based skin tone (asian) and I used NC25. I get slightly tanned in the summer, but I'm usually pale. I wish I got NC20 because NC25 seems to be a bit darker than my skintone. I give it a 2 because it has been the only foundation that I have tried that had a yellow base.. (note, clinique is very very pinkbased).
Also, the foundation does get oily and kinda sits on the face after long hours, whilst still maintaining that dry-look on the dry parts of the skin. Weird huh?

Also, this foundation does not fully cover my acne scars or my acne. Which I understand and accept because hardly any of my foundations have been able to. HOWEVER, this foundation is way too heavy for day use. It looks caked on. I use the MAC foundation brush and even if I apply a light layer, it just looks caked. Maybe it's because of the dryness that it creates. Or it could be the oilyness at the tzone. But I do use this at night where I cake it on when I go out to parties. When i cake it on for night use, acne + scars are 80% visibily gone.. And my skin looks pretty good in photos I must say.

I hate the packaging. I thought i could deal with the weird packaging but it gets very annoying after a daily use. I wish I bought the pump.
I recommend this to anyone with tiny pimples and scars, who has a non-dry skin, and for people that want to use it for night-use.
Seriosuly, the people here that say that it looks 'natural' must think that the caked on look is 'natural' and 'flawless'. Trust me, I know how to put on makeup after years of experience and this just doesn't do justice for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2007 5:09:00 PM More reviews by kat2703

Love this!! I'm not a huge fan of liquids, but I love the SF powder, so i thought i would give this a go. The colors are weird for MAC - I wear a C3 in most everything - NC25 was straight yellow on me, NW25 was better but still a tad orange, NC30 was the best by far - I think b/c it has more of a beige-tone rather than a straight yellow. The coverage is medium & buildable & I'd say the finish is a natural-matte - doesn't have to be powdered, but can be. I use it over Prep & Prime w/ a 187 brush for an airbrushed look & it's gorgeous all da. I use w/ a 190 brush for heavier coverage. I only use a dab, so the bottle will last me forever. My only complaint is that you have to buy a pump separately, but the beautiful wear & finish of this is worth that little trouble. Definitely worth getting a sample, just be sure you get properly color-matched!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

My very first foundation was Studio Fix powder, and I ended up straying, for the reason that it looked quite thick and cakey, and I wanted more of a luminous, but not greasy, finish, on my combo-to-oily skin. It's been years and I've tried everything now, from Revlon to Chanel, Clinique to Make Up For Ever, and while I've considered Prescriptives Virtual Skin my HG, my sudden discovery of Studio Fix Fluid is threatening to shake that claim. This buildable foundation lasts all day, and what's most amazing, it makes my skin look airbrushed and velvety. $30CAD for 30ml.