September 23, 2014 | 1711 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2003 12:44:00 AM More reviews by mskim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not a great product. It's okay, but isn't amazing. It's somewhat drying, and really isn't special. I'm never going to purchase this again cause I don't think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2003 11:17:00 AM More reviews by benebabe

This cleanser is soft and gentle and leaves my face feeling silky smooth. Excellent breakout preventer. I almost never breakout anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2003 10:08:00 PM More reviews by AnnaDCat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. It does what it is suppose to do. It leaves my skin clean - really, sqeaky clean - but not too dry. My skin has improved dramatically since I have been using this. I have almost completely stopped breaking out. I use this, hope in a jar, and their micro scrub (greatest something). The combo makes my skin look the best it ever has. When I stray from this, my skin breaks out, when I use it my skin clears up. It is my HG.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2003 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this, and did not like the smell. Other than that, it did a decent job of cleansing. I would not buy this - I prefer a foaming cleanser, and one that smells good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2003 12:20:00 PM More reviews by fairylis

This cleans well and feels so gentle on my skin. But I do miss the foaming action of other cleansers and you have to use a rather large amount to clean well with this. UPDATE: I got over the fact that this doesn't foam and now I don't know if I can live without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2003 3:53:00 AM More reviews by ggirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

very mediocre. i have combo skin and i found it a little drying, plus i hated the smell. yuck.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2003 2:08:00 PM More reviews by lalalab

I bought this product all excited and I have had the worst reaction ever to it. My entire face is burning and red and swollen. It's so painful- I'm so upset

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2003 11:32:00 AM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm sure this cleans the face, but it also made me dry and itchy...and I don't have sensitive skin. On top of that, I can't stand the smell. It lingers in my nose forever! Everything else from philosophy smells nice, why does this have to be so terrible?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2003 1:38:00 PM More reviews by krdickson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As a former Laszlo/Bobbi Brown/ La Mer/Clinique/Mac user I can truly say I have found my HG of cleansers. It cleans every spec of makeup off my face. I followed up with a toner and there was NOTHING on the cotton ball. I love this cleanser for the simplicity, the price and the fact that it does what it says it will do. UPDATE: I only thought it cleaned every spec of makeup off my face. I used a toner once and saw all of the residue. Still in search of my HG cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2003 2:57:00 AM More reviews by BittyB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far, this has been a pretty good cleanser for my combo skin. It does remove all my makeup including mascara and black eyeliner in one washing. Not too drying and has a light smell.