Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 2/16/2004 11:29:00 PM

Wish it had a better smell. Wish it foamed or something instead of the slimy texture. Even with thos gripes, I do like this. It cleans as it's supposed to. No overdrying. I will most likely buy again.

on 2/16/2004 11:26:00 PM

This stuff is great. No it doesn't smell good. It's pretty thin and doesn't get foamy either. but you put this stuff on your face, and you barely have to rub or scrub, and it takes all traces of dirt and makeup off quickly! It is just great stuff. You only have to use a little. It seems expensive to me, but it probably is just as economical as any cheaper brand because you only have to use such a small amount. It has never irritated my skin, and never felt like it dried my skin out either. I really do like this one!

on 2/16/2004 4:49:00 PM

Whatever. That was my reaction to this cleanser. Wasn't bad, wasn't good. I didn't feel like my face was clean, it didn't smell good, but I didn't break out either. Wouldn't buy it again but would use it if someone gave it to me for free.

on 2/16/2004 9:55:00 AM

I love the fact that you don't need a separate eye makeup remover with this cleanser. It cleanses well without drying out your skin or leaving a film on your face. I don't really notice a smell with this product which is another plus in my book. I think I am on my way to becoming a Philosophy girl!

on 2/15/2004 4:07:00 PM

I was really disappointed in this product. I bought this as well as the Hope in Jar and Vitamin C. The combination caused breakouts something I never get. I don't feel as though the cleanser really cleaned my face. It obviously works for some so I recommend that you sample before you buy.

on 2/12/2004 3:08:00 AM

This is a great face wash. It gets rid of any kind of makeup, (including waterproof mascara) dirt, and oil without drying out your face. I've used this product for about a year now and I just absolutely love it. This is a great cleanser for just about any skin type.

on 2/5/2004 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After watching this product many times on QVC, I expected this to be a great cleanser. It made my face break out in little bumps under my skin which are still turning into zits many months later. It has a horrible smell even though it says that it is Fragrance Free. It works great for cleaning make-up brushes and that is why it is getting a 2. I will stick to my Purpose Cleansing Bar any day of the week over this.

on 2/2/2004 7:32:00 PM

I wanted to love this product after hearing and reading mostly good things about it. In the beginning it was great, my skin looked smoother and softer, but after 2 weeks of use, it began to make my face feel like it had some kind of film on it and I started breaking out with little white bumps. After returning it and telling a Sephora SA about it, she told me that she's had other people return it and say the same thing. So, keep your receipts ;-)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have tried MANY cleansers. I have poors that seem to look filled and dirty quickly. Glycolic cleansers I always had to stick to. I tried this purity now for over a week and my poors look CLEAN! I am so happy to have found this product. I will never be iwthout it!

on 2/1/2004 5:37:00 AM

My favorite cleanser ever. It takes off makeup like nobody's business even eye makeup. It cleans deep down, it is expensive,and a really clean face is good for skincare. It works better than acne cleansers. It's awesome.