Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 3/19/2004 5:42:00 PM

All I have to say is, Thank Goodness I've used all this up now and will never have to use it again! I used this for 4 months last year hoping my skin would get used to it since so many raved about it. I spent even more money on acne treatments. This definitely isn't the line for me. Almost everything I've tried isn't what I expect from this price range! I went back to my beloved HABA & DHC skincare lines and never will look back! I don't know why I do that to myself.

on 3/18/2004 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

like most women, i'm always in search of "perfect" skin care products. when i bought Philosophy Purity online, i had no idea what i got myself into. first, the price was a put-off. then it's the not knowing whether it would suit my dry/sensitive skin. to my surprise, it didn't leave my skin dry like most cleansers out there. great cleanser and one bottle lasts forever. probably the best investment i've ever made.

on 3/17/2004 9:10:00 AM

This is my favorite cleanser that I have ever used. It's very mild, and while the scent is not so desirable, it makes my skin feel like it's clean without being overly dry. I will be using this until I die!

on 3/15/2004 12:19:00 PM

Didnīt remove my eye makeup and smelled weird. Didnīt like the texture either. :/

on 3/15/2004 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I love this cleanser. I was dubious about trying it out because I have dreadful skin - sensitive, oily, dehydrated combined with adult acne. All my skin problems have been kept at bay with an Erno Laszlo regime, but affordability is a problem for me. I have been using this cleanser for about a month now,combined with hope in a jar moisturiser, and nothing else. My skin has never felt or looked better. Not one single break out, no blackheads, no sensitivity, no dry patches and no oil either. Its amazing. If you are prone to spots like me, then the trick I learnt from the facialist Eve lom, is never moisturise open pores or active breakouts. With these philosophy products, it works. I am a total convert, and I can honestly say that for the first time in about ten years, my skin is make up optional.

on 3/11/2004 8:48:00 PM

I bought this stuff for the first time and used it all up. It didn't really do anything, but I thought it was okay. After I finished, I started using another cleanser, and boy, did I notice a difference!! I was breaking out all over the place!! So, I went back and had no problems. Used it up again, tried another, and broke out again. I keep coming back to this stuff, so I guess this is my HG.

on 3/11/2004 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a cleanser that is a three in one product: removes makeup, toner, and facial cleanser. Personally, this was not a good makeup remover. Also, the texture is similar to Cetaphil (non-foaming). Personally I like a foaming cleanser that makes my skin slightly taut (Dr. Brandt's Poreless cleanser, Darphin's Purifying cleanser). I really don't know why this has a cult following!!! Not bad, but not great either!

on 3/9/2004 8:49:00 PM

I'm still trying to figure out if I like this cleanser. The first time using it, I loved it so much that I couldn't stop touching my skin. Now, it just works so, so. I think the fragrance is starting to bother me. Anyways, it does remove makeup well and doesn't dry me out. I guess I'll keep using it until I find something else. Update: I stopped using this for about 2 months. I've recently started using it again and my skin looks better only after a couple of days. I'll never go without this cleanser again.

on 2/28/2004 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

I think philosophy products are highly overrated. I don't feel that this cleanser is doing anything that any drugstore cleanser can do--on first few usage, there was a kinda tingly feeling (the kind you get from noxzema) and then the third day, the tingly turned to stingy sensation and redness...most odd, must be allergic to some of its myriad of ingredients..nothing very "pure" about this cleanser...don't care for the smell, the greasy slimy texture--i recommend a sample!!

on 2/28/2004 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dont see whats so great about this cleanser- it didnt remove all my makeup but I felt dry and stripped afterwards anyway! Will not repurchase.