Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 2/15/2004 4:07:00 PM

I was really disappointed in this product. I bought this as well as the Hope in Jar and Vitamin C. The combination caused breakouts something I never get. I don't feel as though the cleanser really cleaned my face. It obviously works for some so I recommend that you sample before you buy.

on 2/12/2004 3:08:00 AM

This is a great face wash. It gets rid of any kind of makeup, (including waterproof mascara) dirt, and oil without drying out your face. I've used this product for about a year now and I just absolutely love it. This is a great cleanser for just about any skin type.

on 2/5/2004 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After watching this product many times on QVC, I expected this to be a great cleanser. It made my face break out in little bumps under my skin which are still turning into zits many months later. It has a horrible smell even though it says that it is Fragrance Free. It works great for cleaning make-up brushes and that is why it is getting a 2. I will stick to my Purpose Cleansing Bar any day of the week over this.

on 2/2/2004 7:32:00 PM

I wanted to love this product after hearing and reading mostly good things about it. In the beginning it was great, my skin looked smoother and softer, but after 2 weeks of use, it began to make my face feel like it had some kind of film on it and I started breaking out with little white bumps. After returning it and telling a Sephora SA about it, she told me that she's had other people return it and say the same thing. So, keep your receipts ;-)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have tried MANY cleansers. I have poors that seem to look filled and dirty quickly. Glycolic cleansers I always had to stick to. I tried this purity now for over a week and my poors look CLEAN! I am so happy to have found this product. I will never be iwthout it!

on 2/1/2004 5:37:00 AM

My favorite cleanser ever. It takes off makeup like nobody's business even eye makeup. It cleans deep down, it is expensive,and a really clean face is good for skincare. It works better than acne cleansers. It's awesome.

on 1/31/2004 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of my favorite cleansers. I use it in the shower and it does what it's supposed to do. It cleans my skin without drying it out and it also does a good job of removing makeup. The scent is a bit odd but not offensive. I've gotten used to it and the effectiveness of the product outweighs any negatives for me.

on 1/31/2004 11:07:00 AM

I was so excited to begin using this product because I love Hope in a Jar, but this crap made me break out with tiny, red, itchy bumps. I looked like I played in Poison Ivy. And a Philosophy SA recommended this for my sensitive skin! So, not only am I out for $50, because I bought other stuff I'm now afraid to use, I can't leave my house for a few days because I look scary. Just ask my kids!

on 1/28/2004 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't say enough about this cleanser. For years I have been buying cleansers designed for oily skin not realizing just how harsh they were. My skin was producing more oil just to compensate for the stripping during cleansing. After three bottles of Purity, I don't think I'll ever go back to another cleanser. It takes off all makeup (I tested with toner to make sure there were no traces of makeup left) and leaves skin so soft without feeling stripped. It is pricey at $20 for 8 oz. but Sephora just got a new kit with Purity and Hope in a Jar for $24! That's a great deal if you use Hope in a Jar (which I do and love).

on 1/27/2004 4:19:00 PM

Is there really a difference between cheap drugstore cleansers and say, more expensive, mid-range cleansers like Philosophy's Purity? In a word: YES. This stuff rocks. It takes off all my m/u (even that heavy duty Illuminare spackle I've been wearing), including eye m/u in one fell swoop. It doesn't really foam which was a hard selling point for me, but I took a leap and I'm never looking back. I haven't used a cleanser I've loved this much since I was in that Sage cult a few years ago. I frankly like the smell- sorta mineral spirits/wood oil smell, and my skin is behaving soo nicely lately, and it's because of this. Screw you Oil of Olay cleansing cloths. PS you will be surprised how economical this cleanser is- I've used maybe 1/10th of my 8 oz. container ($20) in a month. Plus, less co-pays to the derm! All around savings!