December 21, 2014 | 1607 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2003 10:14:00 AM More reviews by redjaxx03

I was given this as a gift & was really iffy about it at first. The smell put me off, & the consistency is so different from the super foaming cleansers I regularly use(for my blemish prone skin). Well, after using this a few times, I'm hooked. This leaves my face feeling really soft & smooth. It has helped my skin & I don't even notice the smell now. I just purchased the large 16oz. bottle from Sephora. Won't be using another cleanser anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2003 4:08:00 PM More reviews by stressedout

I only use foaming cleansers and this is the only non foaming one that I really like a lot. Some may find the scent weird but I don't think it's bad personally - I like it (herbal). I don't think it's supposed to perform any miracles but it never broke me out, cleanses my face perfectly and the only thing that may be a turn off is the price. There are more expensive cleasners out there but still, this one should be a bit cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2003 8:27:00 AM More reviews by glamourmama

Great cleanser. Cleans very well but leaves skin soft and not tight (every cleanser I've tried always usually leaves me feeling tight). I got this as a sample, and would purchase if it wasnt as expensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2003 11:15:00 AM More reviews by mashimaru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After being disappointed by Cetaphil, I was wary about using this because it kinda sorta looks like Cetaphil. But an SA gave me a sample, so I gave it a try and major thumbs-up!
It claims to "emulsify" the dirt/grime, and that's what it really seems to do. When I use it, it feels like the makeup and dirt just melts away. It doesn't leave behind any film or residue, either.
It's gentle, and gets my face really clean. I've been using this for over a year now, at least twice a day, every day, and it's been perfect! Not crazy about the packaging (functional, but feels cheap), while the cleanser itself is not cheap - but the 16 oz. bottle ($32) lasts me a good 5-6 months. Definitely a HG for me! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2003 1:51:00 PM More reviews by beauqueen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont know if Id buy this product again...it was kind of expensive and didnt really do anything, but it made my face feel soft and surprisingly a huge pimple on my face went away in a snap overnight. I was pretty happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2003 1:18:00 PM More reviews by martawoj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I quite like this cleanser, although it doesn't do any miracles. I think it is very expensive, although I was able to buy a large, 32 oz. bottle of this for $40 last summer at Nordstrom's anniversary. Otherwise, a 16 oz bottle retails for $32. I might buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2003 2:35:00 PM More reviews by martawoj

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2003 12:58:00 PM More reviews by witt2264

This is my HG cleanser. I used to have about 5 different brands that I would switch around with all the time until I saw the founder of Philosophy on QVC. Since then I have used nothing but the cleanser, moisturizer and eye creme and my skin has never looked better. Her promise of "makeup optional skin" after continued use is true. I wet my face, apply the cleanser and can scrub it around my eyes and eyelashes and it takes off all but my most stubborn liners. Skin feels great when rinsed. I would recommend this cleanser to anyone looking for a great, mild cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2003 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mcat758

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a good cleanser that came with a "starter" kit I purchased through QVC several months ago. It has a fairly rich consistency-- a little goes a long way. It removed all makeup, including mascara and my face felt clean after washing; however, if I didn't apply moisturizer right after washing, my skin would feel tight and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2003 9:56:00 PM More reviews by scarlettallison1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product used to be called Real Purity. This is the perfect face-wash. Defininte HG. It cleans well, smells refreshing, and is gentle on my skin. I love the fact that it removes eye makeup, so I justify the cost by telling myself that I won't have to buy eye makeup remover (or toner!) in addition to this cleanser. If you wet your face first, you don't need to use much Purity Made Simple, and you can work up a light, foamy lather. A large bottle lasts for about 6 months, which is a long time for me because I wash my face at least twice a day. Definitiely recommend!