September 22, 2014 | 1554 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by karix116

this mascara lengthens and volumizes...too bad it clumps after 1 coat

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by mrvtime

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I MAY buy this again if I can't find my Lash Expansion. I love the way it goes on my lashes, but it tends to 'bind' them together. It doesn't give you time to separate them before having to apply another coat (you can't let this dry between coats or it will not go on right and thus causes flakiness). I always use an eyelash curler first, and this does make my lashes longer and it looks pretty good if I can avoid the lashes sticking together (my contacts don't like flakes). It does cause my lashes to lose some curl when applying it, but I would consider buying it again it if I can't get the Lash Expansion anymore... but I'd have to use something else on my thin,almost-not-there bottom lashes - this is too 'runny' for them.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by rachie78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found nothing particularly special about this product, the only reason that I wanted to buy it is because the marketing sucked me in! It's always front and center of the mascaras in drug stores. Anyways, it does have a weird, chemical smell that I have not encountered before with any other mascara. It STILL smelled after it was ON my eyelashes until it dried. I haven't had any problems with it clumping or smudging, which is the one plus. I found nothing wrong with the packaging. Did not make my lashes look longer or fuller than my usual mascaras: (DiorShow mascara, or Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara). I would not buy it again because of the smell and the effect was nothing spectacular.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lexymiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was on such a good sale few days ago that I had to try it. I normally use Maybellineís Full and Soft mascara (and itís my HG), so I thought this one should be decent too. And it is. It is a good, drug store brand. It does provide volume to my lashes, doesnít clump on me, but at the same time, it does flake after just a few hours. It is definitely more dramatic than my Full and Soft, so if you are after that look, it is good. I didnít care for the wand, as it is too thick and thus a little hard to handle. Overall though, a pretty decent buy for the price. I think I will stick to Full and Soft for the most part though, as it looks more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by lena1two3

I really like this mascara, I usually use two mascaras for my daily look, but now I only have to use one...quite a plus. The only downside is that it smells pretty bad, but other than that it's great.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup89

I was really hoping I'd like this product...but no such luck. It clumps up my lashes and I can't get them to look nice, even if I use my metal eyelash comb to try and separate them. I definitely won't repurchase. Hopefully those considering buying this will have better luck!

(EDIT) I kind of changed my mind on this after trying it out a couple more times; if I use my eyelash curler before applying, and then apply multiple coats while the mascara is still wet and THEN use my eyelash comb, it doesn't look clumpy and my eyelashes do look really thick. Once it dries, though, I have to curl my eyelashes again, otherwise they just stick straight out. This also flakes pretty badly if I comb through my lashes when they're dry, and it doesn't curl my stubborn corner lashes (but I think the only mascara that does is Chanel Exceptionnel). I guess overall, my lashes do look really thick after using this, but I'd prefer to not have to do so much work to get them that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 8:16:00 AM More reviews by beautyphoebs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

hey everyone!
thanks so much for this, it's sooooooooo cheap!
im so gonna get this for christmas!!
i just put it on my wishlist!
xx

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by meiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually like this one. I'm giving it 4 lippies. I haven't noticed any spider leg effect or flakiness. Works fine for me. I mean there are much expensive yet worse products which claim to be the best. I think it is a pretty good for the price. I've yet to try the orange one from Covergirl so I can't compare this with it but I'd love to. (After I try that one =) )

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by roxannet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was ambivalent about this mascara at first. For one thing, it smells. It smells like roses. Secondly, it dries on your lashes pretty fast and the package recommends building it quickly rather than letting it dry between coats. BUT----- this morning my husband (who doesn't notice anything about me unless I am naked) asked me, "Why the **** are you wearing false eyelashes to work??" Yahoo!!! So, while the scent can be cloying, the end result is absolutely worth it. I will purchase again.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by dinyell

To the point: buy Cover Girl Lash Blast instead of this mascara. This one flakes BIG TIME! I had to take my contacts out and wash them and wash this off of my eyes... it was TERRIBLE! Plus I didn't notice any difference in "Volum" after using this... waste of 5 bucks! Lash Blast is WAY better!