Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 12/29/2008 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Even though this is the best packaging i have come across in ages, the product fails to impress and isn't worth the 7 price tag i paid. Wouldnt buy again, i prefer thick lashes and this doesnt achieve it, the product applies thinly and not very well. I do like the thickness and size of the wand however.

The smell is horrid and lingers for hours:(
Also made my lashes very stiff and dry.

I did like te fact that it darkened and gave volume with one swipe of the wand and I love the tube's bright packaging but the smell is just too much for me. I'm actually about to head to Target to pick up a different mascara.
This is why I love MU, you can weed out the bad products without wasting your money:)

on 12/29/2008 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I used to buy YSL effet faux cils Mascara but my sister told me about this one so i had to try it. I have long Lashes and i dont have to curl them. I mostly look for Volume and a little length i like the dramatic deep black Lashes and sometimes i like to wear falsies.

I really didnt think that i would like this Mascara so much but i get great Volume with a few coats (i dont let it dry between coats) it doesnt clump my Lashes together and it doesnt make them stiff. It lengthens my Lashes too and Glam Black is a deep black (not greyish). I love the Brush (i hate the new rubber brushes) and i even like the scent (yes its a little strong). It didnt smudge and at the end of the day i just had 2 tiny flakes under my eyes. Another big plus is this Mascara didnt irritate my Eyes. The Performance of this Mascara is comparable to High End Mascaras and got the Price Tag of a DS Mascara so whats not to love. I will definately buy this again.

on 12/29/2008 2:05:00 AM

I have used this product twice and will never open the tube again. The scent is absolutely disgusting to me. It smells of baby's breath flowers. This smell on its own is enough not to used it again but there's more. This product dried out my lashes and in turn my eyes. After about an hour of wear my eyes began to water...and for those of you who don't know the smell continues well after the product dries (so I supposed it could just be the scent).
In terms of volume or length I did not experience either. This just coated my lashes, in essence just a tint.
I bought this when it was on sale so I dont' feel completely upset about the purchase but, I will never buy this again.

on 12/29/2008 1:23:00 AM

So far, this is the best mascara I have tried in YEARS! Better by far than Dior Show because it doesn't try out and the ring at the top of the tube doesn't come detached (if you have used Diorshow, you know what I mean).

Pros:
Glam Black is a great deep carbon black, it lengthens, separates, and gives volume, is buildable, doesn't clump, doesn't flake too badly on my cheeks, and doesn't pull curl out my lashes like most mascaras do.

Cons:
Slight odor, but nothing bearable. That's IT!

I attribute this to Maybelline trying to keep up with DiorShow, which has a rosy, unnecessary odor...well, Maybelline you did it-in fact, you beat Christian Dior! For me, I'm definitely not "born with it!"

I will buy this again and again, but knowing me, I might have wander-lash-lust and try other stuff too!

on 12/29/2008 12:23:00 AM

This kinda sucks. I will not repurchase & will probably give it to somebody or throw it away. It lengthens fairly well, but does not thicken or define in the least & it doesn't hold. I don't like it...

on 12/28/2008 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This mascara thickens and darkens the best. It does have a strong rose odor but whatever. It looks and performs like a much more expensive mascara. It gives a thick fringe of lashes and doesnt flake. The only thing is, it isnt a glossy mascara, but who can have everything, and it only clumps the teensiest bit. All in all the most dramatic, and easy to use mascara! love!!! It makes your lashes look really splayed out like false lashes. Great dark mascara. Really builds up to an amazing look!

on 12/28/2008 7:19:00 PM

This mascara claims to make your lashes Colossal and that's what it did for me.
A couple of coats and my lashes are very bold.
This gets clumpy and I have to seperate my lashes immediately after applying.
It doesn't flake off though which is good.
Overall for the price it does what it claims but is a thick mascara.

on 12/28/2008 7:10:00 PM

I love this mascara. It doesn't make my eye lashes feel hard, it works very well at volumizing. I wouldn't change it.

Although I would recommend to wash the actual brush once you see too much build up on it to prevent clumps when you use it.

on 12/28/2008 12:51:00 PM

This mascara sux big time! It did nothing to my lashes, no lengethening, no voluming or watsoever!