January 26, 2015 | 2082 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Manet

I'm ok with this mascara. I think it does give quite a bit of volume but it's defnitely not the best one. I still think Max Factor's 2000 calorie is the best for length and volume. I'll keep using it but probably won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2008 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Blondie4445

I tried this mascara because it looks so good on the commercial. This mascara was so thin it ook forever to go on good and look good on my eyelashes. I will never repurchase this. Once I had it on it sucked didn't even look good after I spent 20 min trying to get it on.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by flcndvsx

My eyelashes are naturally long and full, I just like to have that extra push every now and then. A friend of mine was captured by the advertisements and tried the Colossal mascara. It worked miracles for her. She, too, has long full lashes, but they are dull in color and don't do her any justice alone. I tried it, hoping it would add a dramatic touch to my eyes, and I was shocked to find that it didn't work nearly as well as I expected. As other reviews have mentioned, it clumps a little more than you'd think. It's large brush is really hard to get into the corners for those shorter lashes that really need the mascara to begin with. I got the "Glam Black" and she got "Classic Black" (I think that's the name for it). I tried it over the course of a few days, just to make sure I wasn't just rushing through and minimizing the effects and abilities of the mascara. It still didn't work though. Is there some sort of difference in performance based on the color? Honestly, I think it really has to do with your lash situation, and how much time you spend putting it on. Anyways, I was completely dissatisfied with the mascara. I'll keep using it, but I will not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by ygvo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in Glam Black. I don't know if I got a bad batch, but this doesn't really cut it for me. I wish it was a rubber wand and it didn't really give that much great, "colossal volume". I'm okay with it and will stick to it. It was easy to remove and didn't flake. It clumped a little bit. Another reviewer said it smelled like Flonase, which is the EXACT smell!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by skippy_gayle

im all about trying out new mascaras, and i happened upon this a while back and just now am getting around to reviewing...first off, my lashes are black, long, but not super long, and rather full...i normally like the rubber bristles mascara wands, but like i said, wanted to try out this new mascara...the wand is very bristle'y...bushy...as soon as i saw it i figured itd give me flakey lashes...and it did. it gives the look of big bushy false lashes, but in a bad way...this flakes badly and looks very dry on the lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2008 4:18:00 AM More reviews by veronicapaige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had really high hopes for this mascara! I really like the colors of the tube...and that's pretty much it! The smell is so weird, its indescribable...maybe its the collagen. They claim all you need is one coat--that's a lie! More like 3. I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by JCPrincess318

We all want longer eyelashes...sure...but this product is the equal to Cover Girl Lash Blast. Its holdes the lashes up for a long period of time...full and curled...but the one thing I cant stand is the SMELL! UGGHH!!! It lingers for a few hours...and then dies out! Cant put my finger on exactly what it smells like...but if I had to choose the this over the CoverGirl...I would go with the Last Blast. Sorry Maybelline!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good quality DS mascara. I got this in Glam Black, not sure if its darker thank the regular Black. There is a scent to the mascara, chemically at first but then I pinpointed the fragrance and its smells like honey--yummy. Not as bad as Besames--yucky!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know about some of you, but I love the smell of this mascara--like a rose. I like perfumed makeup, very old school. Anyway, I have short, lashes and this dramatically lengthens and volumizes(without looking clumpy). I need about two to three coats to get it perfect. Much better than lash blast

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by KittyKat20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Alright I never liked maybelline mascaras but I thought, that one must be good! But unfortunatly, it isn't.
- The smell is horrible, I smell it trough the day
-Doens't give much volume, unless I put on like 5 or 6 coats!
-It flakes a little bit.. but what do you want after 6 coats :P

BUT it doens't smudge ( okay well it does, but not much!) And If you just want a natural look, this mascara is good enough for that.
But for 13 euro, there are way better mascaras to get. I definitly won't buy again.