December 20, 2014 | 1764 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros: Lengthens, gives *a lot* of volume. Doesn't clump much.

Cons: the smell! It smells like disinfectant and some other unknown smell.

The smell is unbearable. Too bad, this is a pretty amazing marscara. I sterilized the brush and used it in the old Volum Express mascara, and now its pretty much perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetoblivion

I bought this because it was a good deal. Came with Maybelline eyeliner, dual eyeshadow, and makeup remover in a cute little makeup bag for only $10.
I can see now why it was packaged this way, and why it's only $5. The first coat came out nice, but not thick enough. The second coat made my lashes look clumpy and brittle. It dries way too quickly! Nothing special. I didn't notice the smell too much til I read it on here.

Looks like I'll be going back to Great Lash.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by cinn05

The first time i tried this, the smell and ingredients of this made my fac all red!!! also burned my sensitive eyes a little, so i HATED it when i got it. i have no idea why they have to put fragrance in mascaras, no one except ME can smell them, and it smelled like dead roses. however, after a month or two i gave it a try again and it worked ok. it ddi give me some volume and length, and it doesn't clump, so it was okay. if i ever ran out of my other mascaras and saw this on sale, i'd prob buy it again

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kmelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for my usual mascara (L'oreal Lash Architect black edition) and saw this as I was looking around to see what was new. I decided to try this out instead. When I got home, I just had to try it out NOW... Allergic reaction within 10 minutes, not good. My eyelids were heating up, feeling heavy and I was not a happy bunny. Another thing that others have pointed out is the smell, I'm not sure how long you can smell it for, but it was quite strong and annoying.
Other than that, it was actually quite good at 2 coats, lush eyelashes with definition and volume. It is just not for sensitive eyes...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by vbgurlie5757

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara yesterday and was excited to try it based on the reviews I've read but I have to say I was disappointed. When i first started applying it I thought it looked great but once it dried it was flaky and make my eyelashes crunchy. They clumped together alot as well. And I had a headache for about 2 hours from the smell. I'll be sticking with my usual 2000 calorie lash from maxfactor.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by xox_GirlieGirl_xox

O.M.G. I have tried every drug store mascara alive(over maybe 17 different kinds people.) and this blows them away. Color me surprised. Though..the smell of the mascara
yes is awful but it goes away in secounds, beside,
This Doesn't Clump
It gives LOTS of volume
It makes my lashes SUPER LONG
I can put on AS MANY coats as I could Possibly want, it still looks GREAT
It holds a curl
It is $6
The tube itslef is soo cute
Colossal is PERFECT..
HG mascara, which in all honesty, I thought didn't exsist.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 11:45:00 AM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with others that this does have a strong chemical smell. Kind of makes you think twice about applying it - that's how noticeable it was. I could tolerate the smell if this produced the results I was looking for, but it's thickening abilities are not that great. My lashes feel quite crunchy and brittle as well. No problems with smudging, though. On the plus side, the applicator brush is normal - i.e. not the spiky plastic applicators that seem to be all the rage now; I hate them. Packaging is cute too (love the bright yellow tube), but it's the results that really count and this was nothing exceptional.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by melissarp77

I bought this product hoping it would be similar to GC Lash Blast because I love that mascara and I just like to try new things, especially things with cool names in neon yellow packaging. Well, basically it was disappointing. It is just a very average mascara with a strange smell that does go away eventually. If you like Lash Blast just stick with that because this certainly isn't as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by pupiq

This is amazing! I never expected such good prouct from this brand, and i would never buy it if it wasn't all those ads!
It does all those things every mascara should do: thickens, lenghtens, separates, is layerable from natural to quite dramatic, is true in color (i have black), stays put ( i forgot to remove it before sunbeding, however it melt just a little, despite there being really hot), doesnt make eyelashes too stiff!
I would give it a five but i wish it came in waterfproof ( maybe later it would), and be a little bit more dramatic.
Its really worth to try.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by GlossRawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is OK. I am a faithful Benefit Bad Gal user and was intrigued by this because of the huge brush. While it does a pretty decent job of boosting and lengthening my lashes, I feel the drawbacks overshadow that.

For one, the stuff smells very strong. It hits you right when you open the tube, and I swear I can still smell the stuff on my lashes throughout the day.

It flakes like mad. Every time I wore this I was constantly wiping under my eyes every few hours.

Given the cons, the actual effect on my lashes is pretty good. It didn't clump, it separated good, and didn't feel heavy. The price is very good, but given the loud plastic yellow packaging and constant flakiness, I can see why.

I won't be purchasing this again, but it's good to have on hand in a dire emergency.