November 26, 2014 | 1690 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 11:45:00 AM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with others that this does have a strong chemical smell. Kind of makes you think twice about applying it - that's how noticeable it was. I could tolerate the smell if this produced the results I was looking for, but it's thickening abilities are not that great. My lashes feel quite crunchy and brittle as well. No problems with smudging, though. On the plus side, the applicator brush is normal - i.e. not the spiky plastic applicators that seem to be all the rage now; I hate them. Packaging is cute too (love the bright yellow tube), but it's the results that really count and this was nothing exceptional.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by melissarp77

I bought this product hoping it would be similar to GC Lash Blast because I love that mascara and I just like to try new things, especially things with cool names in neon yellow packaging. Well, basically it was disappointing. It is just a very average mascara with a strange smell that does go away eventually. If you like Lash Blast just stick with that because this certainly isn't as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by pupiq

This is amazing! I never expected such good prouct from this brand, and i would never buy it if it wasn't all those ads!
It does all those things every mascara should do: thickens, lenghtens, separates, is layerable from natural to quite dramatic, is true in color (i have black), stays put ( i forgot to remove it before sunbeding, however it melt just a little, despite there being really hot), doesnt make eyelashes too stiff!
I would give it a five but i wish it came in waterfproof ( maybe later it would), and be a little bit more dramatic.
Its really worth to try.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by GlossRawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is OK. I am a faithful Benefit Bad Gal user and was intrigued by this because of the huge brush. While it does a pretty decent job of boosting and lengthening my lashes, I feel the drawbacks overshadow that.

For one, the stuff smells very strong. It hits you right when you open the tube, and I swear I can still smell the stuff on my lashes throughout the day.

It flakes like mad. Every time I wore this I was constantly wiping under my eyes every few hours.

Given the cons, the actual effect on my lashes is pretty good. It didn't clump, it separated good, and didn't feel heavy. The price is very good, but given the loud plastic yellow packaging and constant flakiness, I can see why.

I won't be purchasing this again, but it's good to have on hand in a dire emergency.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is great. I really like it. I was loving lash blast by covergirl but started getting too many clumps. I tried this out because I must say I love the packaging. Its so fun. Bright lime green with neon purple writting. So cute! I read the reviews about this stuff on here and it was getting great reviews. The first time I tried it I didn't curl my eyelashes and the results were meh. The second time I curled them and then put like 3 coats of this on let it dry and then curled again and then at the ends of my tips too. Beautiful, super dark, long eyelashes. On a scale one to ten on volume I would say my lashes are about a six. I don't have very thick eyelashes but they can be pretty long with the right mascara. All in all, this is right now my favorite mascara. I really like the brush too. Extra tip: When I apply this I wiggle the wand on my lashes. I find it helps apply more product.
UPDATE: BAD NEW!! BAD NEWS. This mascara is amazing but guess what this flakes SOOOOOOOOOOO BAD on me. Like I would look past this if it was just a couple flakes through out the day but no this flakes like no other. I went out with a friend and it was all black specks on my face. Terrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by shortkake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! it's become one of my favorites. I don't really enjoy the smell of it, but I've gotten used to it. It's so worth buying, i love how when it dries it feels like false eyelashes and not the regular hard feeling. It gives me volume, and makes my long lashes stand out well. It's just amazing..i loveeee it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by llipinsk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara. Goes on easy, no clumping, and two coats is just the right touch. Really opens up my eyes. Even my boyfriend noticed a difference from my usual Great Lash'ed eyes. Smells OK to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by drummagirl65

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this, & although it is not amazing, it is pretty good. I like the brush - it really gets every lash. It does provide good volume. To me, the smell is kind of chemical-ly, but not strong & it went away after applying. The Glam Black is great. It wasn't bad at holding a curl, but it could be better. I may try one or two more mascaras that I haven't tried that have gotten good reviews, & if I can't find anything better I think I'll be sticking with this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara sucks! I tried it on next to my Voluminous on my other eye, and what a difference! The color is seriously ugly, it's so vibrant it almost hurts my eyes. First thing I notice, when I open the mascara, it stinks literally. People said it smelled like roses, but that's not what I smelled. It's kind of musty, like moth balls. This smell is really pungent and it lingers. The formula made my lashes look crooked and uneven. I had balls of goo at the end of my lashes. It flaked non-stop. Sadly, I have to say this is getting returned. This mascara was a total bust.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by LJBNY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

A colossal mistake! Reviews here are mixed so I bought it on sale.This mascara is gooey, clumpy and spikes my lashes. Like another reviewer reports, the circle/scraper on the tube popped off so it has become useless. This was badly constructed by Maybelline. Plus, it smells weird, so why bother?