Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 12/22/2008 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's wonderful! Adds lots of volume, and although lengthening is not its main purpose, it truly lengthens my lashes by a lot, which is a huge plus. It's only $6.50, a price leaving me smiling. The only downside is the clumping. It has considerable clumping, but it does not bother me too much, so I'll continue buying this!

on 12/22/2008 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara really didnt do anything for my lashes volume wise. It did make them long but thin. The product also has a harsh smell & that usually happens when it is old but this was still new!

on 12/22/2008 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this could probably be one of the worst mascaras i have ever used. I have used better no brand mascaras from cheapo gift packs!! Its a shame as i got so excited about buying it...the name 'Colossal' cinched it for me and i imagined having lashes so lush that no man could resist me fluttering them his way...hmmmm... more likely he would run screaming the other way after seeing me wearing this stuff. It went on horribly, all bitty and clumpy which was a bitch to comb out. After a while it started to flake everywhere, and i mean EVERYWHERE. Bits got in my eyes and my eyes were watering like mad. After a whole day wearing it, i looked like i could be in an Alice Cooper tribute band. Which generally isnt the type of look i go for? This mascara is not hard wearing, so i suggest whilst wearing it you must never EVER blink...or even better, never move your face. This is going in the bin now. Bye bye!

on 12/22/2008 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Colossal Volum' Express mascara boosted volume an ok amount, but didn't define the lashes well, so they ended up looking kind of feathery. This isn't necessarily bad depending on what you want your look to be, but the clumping that resulted from its inability to apply smoothly is what ruined it for me. There was actually a time once that I opened the cap and the contents of the entire bottle were one giant glob the wand. (But this didn't happen again for some reason..) It'll flake easily if you do something like exercise or take a nap. Strangest of all, this stuff REEKED in the beginning, even after you apply. Either it went away after a bit or I just don't notice anymore, but maaaan was it unnecessarily strong. The scent would be tolerable though if there were better results regarding the appearance of my lashes. I guess it looks alright from a distance, but up close in a mirror, it disappoints.

This mascara was okay to use for its 3 month life span, but I will not be buying it again. I enjoy experimenting with new products, but I'm going back to 2000 Calorie for a while.. All in all, there's better similarly-priced mascaras out there for volumizing.. Try something else.

on 12/22/2008 12:14:00 AM

Very clumpy and it flaked alot, smearing under my eyes.

on 12/21/2008 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

The only good thing about this product was the pretty tube it came in and the fact that the mascara stayed on the lashes.

It dried my lashes out severely, clumped horribly, basically looked completely unnatural. Not to mention that it FLAKED badly under my eyes!!! I have NEVER in my life had such a bad mascara before.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mascara was such a disappointment.... It clumped my lashes together and when it gets dry, it flaked a lot through out the day. This was not for me… I like the smell though (I'm a rose freak)

on 12/21/2008 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in Glam Black and I love it. I can definitely see more volume in my lashes. Slight scent but nothing compared to Diorshow. Why do they have to add scent to mascara? I would buy this again but maybe they could come up with better packaging? Bright yellow? I guess it would make it easier to find in a sea of black tubes that I carry around.

on 12/21/2008 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Gives a false lash effect without looking too clumpy or flaking. Lasts all day and smells like honey!

Great chunky brush for easy application.

* After 2 months of use it has started to flake - noooooooooooooooo!!

on 12/21/2008 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This mascara has quite a deep black colour, but the formula is not quite right as it is slightly thin and this together with the design of the brush makes for a bit of an uneven, clumpy lash look. My lashes are long anyway but this did not really do much in the way of keeping a curl and defining the lashes. It does have quite a strong honey-like smell too which doesn't bother me but I would not want to repurchase this as it doesn't really flatter the lashes.