Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

I love this mascara! Makes my lashes look long and curly without using a eye lash curler. The results are very similar to Lash Blast but LB gives my lashes a tiny bit more volume. I'm never going back to spending a ton of money on expensive mascaras again!

I've repurchased this mascara several times and I will continue to do so. I have long been a fan of Diorshow and MF 2000 (which btw, is discontinued in Canada). I was looking for a cheap alternative to replace MF 2000 and came across this one. This was is closely rivals Diorshow, and I find that I reach for it moreso than my Diorshow. I don't really notice a scent to this, so its not an issue for me. As well, no flaking or smudgies :)

I gave this an overall rating of 4 because I'm always on the hunt for a better mascara, but for the last year, this has been my go to mascara.

I find that it gives wonderful volume and just enough length - like one of the other reviewers mentioned - its like wearing falsies!

I've also tried Lashblast, and I must say that I hated - absoloutely HATED that mascara. I even bought it 2x intermittently hoping to love it.

SO - buy this one, I think you'll like it. I will continue to repurchase until I stumble upon something better.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this drugstore mascara. Though I have also been addicted to DiorShow and now YSL Faux Cils, for the price, I think that Colossal Volum' is pretty darn good! I like the price and the dramatic effect this mascara gives. Also, I don't have any problems with flaking or smearing. What I don't like is that it can get a little clumpy, so I always have to work through it with an additional eyelash brush or wand. My lashes can get a little dry also. Scent really doesn't bother me, as what's there fades almost immediately. So, though I will always be devoted to higher end mascaras, this stuff is great for the price.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Bought this on a splurge at Wal Mart. It was a BOGO free for like $5. So I gave it a try. If I could compare this product, it is similar to MAC Plush lash. It does not flake or clump. It make your lashes fuller and longer. Not quite the fake look. It's nice for work and everyday. I will definitely repurchase. I keep one in my purse and one in my traincase. It's worth a try. One of the best Maybelline mascaras.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this mascara and noticed two things,
1 - The smell! It was just nasty, very chemical-y.
2 - It separates my lashes very well.
I had it for about two weeks, and hadn't used it. Then I went to put it on and my brush was COATED and the product was just spilled all inside the tube. Like it exploded.. now that is not good! I will not re-buy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

One coat of COLOSSAL is really all you need for beautifully separated, evenly coated, non-clumpy lashes. Because of the perfect separation your lashes look much thicker. I canít say this mascara actually thickens my lashes to 7 times the volume, but they donít look like spiders legs. Also this is really easy to remove; a huge plus.
Also; there is a weird smell to this, but I actually liked it. One issue I didnít like; there has been the odd bit of flaking here & there.

Iím fairly impressed by the results. But Iím not wowed; COLOSSAL promises up to 7x the volume, Iím just not getting anything close to that. Iím liking for dramatic results, not another everyday mascara.

Overall; the end look isnít dissimilar to many, many, other brands of mascaras Iíve tried over the years. I want a new experience with my make up, not a repeat performance. COLOSSAL isnít something Iíd re-buy.

The packaging is cool & the price is good.

The jury's still out on this one. I bought it because my friend's sister was wearing it and her lashes looked GREAT. It's definitely volumizing, but there can be a bit of a clumping issue and, as noted by other reviewers, it does flake. I also couldn't find waterproof. I'm pretty happy with 2 coats of this and then diorshow waterproof to finish it off. I'll get back to ya if I end up with a different opinion of this.

Edit: I just picked this up for the first time in a while and the smell literally made me gag. It's too much. Gross!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I love this mascara! 1st off the packing is adorable, the yellow and purple! The MASCARA is my HG!!!! I Love the way it makes my lashes look! i apply two coats before it dries and it give me the look like I have on falsies! Though not to think, like a thin natural lash!

I have bought three tubes and I am preparing to buy my fourth!

Got this mascara in my stocking at christmas. Its disappointing. What I hated the most was the smell. Its really noticable. Iv never been bothered with the smell of mascaras but this one is really bad. Smells very chemical based and this is supposed to go near my eyes!!?? It smells off unless I have a really old one. Doesn't give dramatic volume or 7x more volume as it says. The only good thing is that it doesn't clump your eyelashes.

Wanted to like it but didn't.

This mascara makes my already-long lashes extremely long! The first time I wore it I was a bit embarrassed by the way my lashes looked -- almost cartoon-ish. I have gotten used to it now, and love it. I find it necessary to curl my lashes first, however.

Also it tends to flake on me 1/2 way through the day, or if I rub my eyes.

The smell is awesome, and the first time I wore it I was so confused as to where the smell was coming from.

Overall a great mascara with a bit of a flaking issue.

Popular Mascaras