December 19, 2014 | 866 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 5:34:00 PM More reviews by NYLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. The summary is that this Studio Fix Fluid = Studio Fix Powder Foundation without any cakey and no oily effect. I love this because my skin looks so good with it. It almost can't see my blemish underneath; and I'm satisfied with my glow and smooth skin. Eventhough I got a not-so-vivid blemish trait, but once I top it with concealer, it's perfect.

/HOW I FALL IN LOVE: Let's say, I turn my back on MAC's foundation for a couple years before I've switched from powder foundation to fluid foundation, and learnt how to apply the fluid with foundation brush.

/The thing is that I loved Studio Fix powder foundation but because it's way too greasy for the Summer. I can't stand it anymore. So when I learned how to use the foundation brush with the fluid foundation -- not MAC of course -- since at the moment thisi Studio Fix Fluid hasn't came out yet. I became addicted to Fluid foundation.

/So when this Studio Fix Fluid came out for a while, I decided to give it a try. Thanks to MakeupAlley's reviewers, saying that this fluid form is putting together Studio Fix Powder Foundation, but not in the way too oily and cakey.

/First I tried it, love it. It's just perfect for my skin which require medium coverage -- but not too thick layer, smooth, not oily, staying through the day. Love it so far!

/SUGGESTION FOR MAC: The improvement that MAC can do is to put this in the pump container, so it's easier to use. But up until now the packaging is not that bad to complain -- still acceptable.

/REPURCHASRE: I will repurchase this as long as there's no better solution to cover up blemish red/brown spots. All I have to do is to apply a concealer for the day I want an ABSOLUTE-NO-BLEMISH-TRAIT look.

/For reference: I'm NC30 with yellow undertone, Brown eyes, dark brunette hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cmtruman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Broke me out, looked unnatural, just bad in general. I was so excited to try this on other recs, but it was awful and I threw it away. I will continue to use MAC for l/s and e/s only. If you're going to get this, please go to a counter and make sure you try it on, and leave it on for a few hours to see if turns on you too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by cerah13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I returned my Studio Fix Powder because it was too "cakey" looking on my oily, but dehydrated skin. The MA used NW20 with a foundation brush and set with NC20 sheer loose powder. The initial coverage was medium, but certainly buildable. The combination of the SFF and the sheer loose powder gave me a glow, but kept shine at bay. This is also one of the first foundations to actually conceal redness (i.e. broken capillaries and scarring). If I want, I can even forgo concealer. I may try NC20 in the foundation when I repurchase, as the NW version is slightly peach. I am still really happy and think my skin looks better than ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2007 8:40:00 AM More reviews by kawaiimushroom

This is an excellent foundation for coverage... It has one of the highest coverages I've tried (comparable to Estee Lauder Double Wear but not as harsh!). I absolutely love this foundation - it covers everything and leaves you with an airbrushed look if you apply it with a foundation brush. HOWEVER - it is a little too heavy - it definitely looks as if youre wearing make-up, especially if you wear it in daylight. I usually mix it with Botanics Golden Glow Moisturiser to give it more of a dewiness and a less thicker consistency, which looks better but wears off faster. I'm a NC20, although NW15 works well too and has a less cakey effect.
If you're looking for coverage its the best you can get but anyone looking for a natural dewy glow should look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by princessxx

Finally found the right foundation...After years and years of searching and returning. I've tried practically every brand. I have very oily skin and this was the only liquid foundation where I did not need to blot my face at all the entire day. It blends great, gives a semi matte semi dewy complexion and doesn't make your face look dull. I used stuido tech for many years stopped and tried it again before trying this but was still unhappy with the dry caked on look it gave. I tried this in the compact version and did not like it at all..it looked too mask like. Tried this out on a whim and the constency is a zillion times better than the regular studio fix. Highly recommend this for flawless skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Danielleg1280

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this makeup in NC42 after having a makeover at a MAC counter. At first I loved the color but HATED the foundation. I had previously been using EL Double Matte or EL Doublewear and was used to a true full coverage foundation. However, after giving the MAC foundation a chance, I soon fell in love w/ it and just ordered 2 more bottles. I find it looks much more natural than the two EL foundations I was previously addicted to and does not make me break out or anything. Also, in pictures, you don't get that white face effect like you do from the flash with EL foundations. MAC offers a much better color variety as well. Some of the EL foundations are too pink or orangy. MAC (NC family) has yellow undertones which is much more natural looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by lesliesitzman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really great foundation for those of us who like a heavier coverage. It's buildable, long lasting, comes in a million shades; I'm not sure what else can be expected from one makeup. I have oily skin, and this does not break me out. I only use it on the weekends though. My mom who has drier skin, uses it daily. I think it can work for anyone, but we must know our own limitations.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by smellypiratehooker

Ick! This settled into my (They're not even that big!) pores- also made my skin look flakey and dry. Couldn't wait to wash it off, which took two times sudsing and rinsing to my usual one. This one's going back to Nordstroms!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by SarahRoseP

Best Foundation I have ever used. I usually use Clinique, but this is my new HG. Chanel Double Perfection is no comparison to this either. Makes you look flawless and doesnt break me out! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2007 1:10:00 AM More reviews by deesizzle

This is a great foundation with buildable medium coverage. I have combination oily breakout-prone skin and this foundation has not irritated my skin at all in the last 3 weeks I've been using it! It's pretty thick and was kinda hard to get it out of the glass bottle so I bought MAC's foundation pump. Very similar to my previous foundation, Revlon Colorstay w/Softflex, except this has a bit more coverage, a slightly smoother/silky finish, and didn't turn orange on me when I needed heavier coverage on certain areas. I just wish that this didn't have SPF in it so that my face doesn't look lighter in flash photography. Otherwise an HG.