October 24, 2014 | 1564 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2003 8:07:00 PM More reviews by apples

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product has been renamed Purity Named Simple, and it's wonderful. First of all, all traces of makeup, including stubborn mascara, vanish, leaving my face squeaky clean. Secondly, my face is left soft. I don't even feel like I need moisturizer (although I do usually use the Hope in a Jar). Thirdly, it doesn't sting my eyes, which often happens with other cleansers. This is the best facial cleanser I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2003 11:21:00 PM More reviews by satchiesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love,love,love this cleanser. Gets rid of all the makeup and gunk without drying the skin. It is a great product, you should try it, you'll like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2003 9:49:00 PM More reviews by cclark02

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wanting to try this product but have hesitated since the reviews have been good and bad. But I just bought this a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT! I have been looking for the HG cleanser and I have found it. I have very oily skin and this cleanser works great for me. It takes off all my make up and doesn't break me out. In fact I feel that it has helped my skin. And that says alot, since I think I have tried just about everything and I am very picky with my skin care.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2003 10:38:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like some other reviewers have said, I feel this product is nothing special as well. I, too, was influenced from the QVC broadcast of Philosophy and purchased some of its products. This cleanser is chock full of oils, but it is not greasy. It does do a good job of removing makeup, but I don't feel as if it toned my skin or did anything different than Cetaphil. Cetaphil is much cheaper and in my opinion, works just as good.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2003 12:15:00 PM More reviews by imbt

Sorry, I admit it...I got caught up in the QVC thing last week-end on Philosophy and went flying to my department store to purchase the whole line. Thank God I got stopped at just buying the cleanser. This is truly nothing special. Don't waste your money, and always check out the MUA reviews!! I will stick with my Shesiedo Foam (been using it for too many years to confess!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2003 4:57:00 PM More reviews by shaunie7

I started using Purity about 2 months ago after a recommendation from my mother...I love it! My face has NEVER been as clear & soft. After I wash my face with this ( Morning & evening ) I never want to put makeup on because my face feels that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2003 2:50:00 PM More reviews by saflat

I love this cleanser!! It takes all my eyemake off instantly, does not burn my eyes and makes my skin feel so fresh!! MY HG used to be Chanel's Gel Tendre - now this is! I have combo skin- this does not dry me out and skin is left feeling clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2003 9:29:00 PM More reviews by RileyKate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser! This is my HG cleanser! It removes all my makeup, even eye-makeup, smells good, doesn't dry my skin, doesn't make it break out, you don't need a toner afterwards, and you only need a little bit so the bottle lasts a long time! .. p.s. this is what made me try (and like) other Philosophy products!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2003 12:36:00 AM More reviews by jesha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not crazy about this product. Doesn't remove makeup well; for a gentle cleanser I'd rather just use Cetaphil, which leaves skin looking clearer and happier and costs less.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2003 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Koobie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have already repurchased this Cleanser a couple of times. I even keep a bottle in the shower and one on the sink. This is the absolute best cleanser. I have very dry sensitive skin and this removes all the dirt, oil and make up and leaves my face feeling cleaner than clean and so refreshed. It does not make my skin feel tight like so many other cleansers do. It even removes all of my mascara with ease and is so gentle I am not afraid to use it around my eyes. I am not sure what is in it that makes it work so much better than everything else I have tried but I don't care - just never discontinue or reformulate it - please!!!