Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 3/15/2004 12:19:00 PM

Didnīt remove my eye makeup and smelled weird. Didnīt like the texture either. :/

on 3/15/2004 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I love this cleanser. I was dubious about trying it out because I have dreadful skin - sensitive, oily, dehydrated combined with adult acne. All my skin problems have been kept at bay with an Erno Laszlo regime, but affordability is a problem for me. I have been using this cleanser for about a month now,combined with hope in a jar moisturiser, and nothing else. My skin has never felt or looked better. Not one single break out, no blackheads, no sensitivity, no dry patches and no oil either. Its amazing. If you are prone to spots like me, then the trick I learnt from the facialist Eve lom, is never moisturise open pores or active breakouts. With these philosophy products, it works. I am a total convert, and I can honestly say that for the first time in about ten years, my skin is make up optional.

on 3/11/2004 8:48:00 PM

I bought this stuff for the first time and used it all up. It didn't really do anything, but I thought it was okay. After I finished, I started using another cleanser, and boy, did I notice a difference!! I was breaking out all over the place!! So, I went back and had no problems. Used it up again, tried another, and broke out again. I keep coming back to this stuff, so I guess this is my HG.

on 3/11/2004 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a cleanser that is a three in one product: removes makeup, toner, and facial cleanser. Personally, this was not a good makeup remover. Also, the texture is similar to Cetaphil (non-foaming). Personally I like a foaming cleanser that makes my skin slightly taut (Dr. Brandt's Poreless cleanser, Darphin's Purifying cleanser). I really don't know why this has a cult following!!! Not bad, but not great either!

on 3/9/2004 8:49:00 PM

I'm still trying to figure out if I like this cleanser. The first time using it, I loved it so much that I couldn't stop touching my skin. Now, it just works so, so. I think the fragrance is starting to bother me. Anyways, it does remove makeup well and doesn't dry me out. I guess I'll keep using it until I find something else. Update: I stopped using this for about 2 months. I've recently started using it again and my skin looks better only after a couple of days. I'll never go without this cleanser again.

on 2/28/2004 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

I think philosophy products are highly overrated. I don't feel that this cleanser is doing anything that any drugstore cleanser can do--on first few usage, there was a kinda tingly feeling (the kind you get from noxzema) and then the third day, the tingly turned to stingy sensation and redness...most odd, must be allergic to some of its myriad of ingredients..nothing very "pure" about this cleanser...don't care for the smell, the greasy slimy texture--i recommend a sample!!

on 2/28/2004 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dont see whats so great about this cleanser- it didnt remove all my makeup but I felt dry and stripped afterwards anyway! Will not repurchase.

on 2/22/2004 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've used this for about a month now and I've been pleasantly surprised by how well my very sensitive skin has responded to it. My holy grail cleanser is Noxzema - I can fully attribute my relatively breakout-free complexion to it. But every now and then I have the urge to try something new and different, which is really a risk with skin like mine. Anyway, this stuff is pretty good for something that doesn't look like a cleanser! It's thin, liquidy, non-foaming and has an herbal smell (which at first made me so uncomfortable because I was just so sure I would break out). But surprisingly, my skin held up and it held up well. It's become noticeably smoother, softer and more baby-like, for lack of a better term. I think I could get accustomed to using this all the time, although I don't think I will give up my Noxzema, which has been a staple since I was in junior high school. This is more like my second choice cleanser, and one I am really pleased with.

on 2/21/2004 6:53:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to love this so much. In fact, I was wanting to try it so badly that, when all of my swap requests for it were rejected, I actually went out and paid full price for a bottle. I never pay $20 for any cosmetic product unless I'm certain I'll love it, and, going by the reviews here, I was sure I would. Alas! Every time I washed with it, my face felt so tight that I could feel my cheeks moving every time I raised my eyebrows. Plus, it didn't even take off the very light amount of makeup I usually wear to work. Ugh. Back to Nordstroms it went. I did like the lightly creamy consistency, which is why it got a 2 instead of a 1. continued >>

on 2/17/2004 2:00:00 PM

This is a good, solid cleanser. Does it have a slighly funky smell? Yes, it does; but remember, its only on your face for a minute, and the scent washes right off and does not linger. Does it remove your makeup? Yes! All but the most stubborn eyeliner for me, wich is a big plus. It leaves my skin feeling very soft and clean, but not dry or stripped. This is definitely a gentle cleanser, but with the ability to power off makeup and grime. A little goes a long way, I use about a nickel sized amount morning and night, so an 8oz bottle lasts a long time. The packaging is simple but efficient. Pros: price point, ability to cleanse without stripping, packaging. Cons: the smell, and the fact that this is just not the most *exciting* cleanser out there. Bottom Line: a good solid cleanser for normal skin like mine.